Bâton Rouge - de la Montagne
1050 de la Montagne
Montreal, QC H3G1Y8Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Bâton Rouge - de la Montagne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: (514) 931-9969
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 514-931-9969
A word from Bâton Rouge - de la Montagne
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bâton Rouge - de la Montagne reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Worst dining experienceFoodie83Dined on 10/18/2014First off, when all our meals came- 3 of them had to be sent back. One steak was supposed to be medium-was rare. The salmon was supposed to be crusted with applewood smoked crust- was not crusted, the sweet potatoe fries were freeZing cold. My fiancé sent his meal back as well so that he could eat with the rest of us when ours came back. The 3 meals were corrected but then my fiances steak was cold. They took it back and proceeded to reheat it. It was then overdone. It took 3 attempts to re-do his meal. The manager rudely came over to ask what a rare steak is to him. At the end, the meal was not removed from the bill, And our bill had extra $10 surcharge per meal for "event" pricing which was wrong. We left very unhappy and upset.
- Just OKWoncoVIPDined on 8/22/2014I have been to the Baton Rouge before, but not this location. I tried the lobster risotto during their lobster season and it was pretty boring. It was loaded with corn that you would have though it was a corn risotto. I tried my husband's pork ribs and they were just OK too. I was looking forward to the warm brownie, but it was actually pretty gross. If I decide to try this restaurant again, I won't be going to this location.Special Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the Bâton Rouge - de la Montagne reviews archive.
- As Good As I Remember ItCheapspeedVIPDined on 7/9/2014We came back to Montreal for a visit after 10 years out west and Baton Rouge was one of the things we wanted to do. The one at Decarie was closed and we decided to visit the de la Montagne one which is right next to Bell Centre and across from the Sheraton we were staying in. I started with the Lobster Bisque which was so-so. The ribs was what we came for and it didn't disappoint - tender and great flavourful sauce. I had that with the lobster summer special … fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience!OrionDined on 4/8/2014I used to go to Bâton Rouge Décarie, i was really surprised, There is a big difference between the Décarie one and the De La Montagne, i am so disapointed, the plate were almost empty, my steak wasn't Pittsburgh, the service was not friendly it was like you accept it or not, i really didn't like my expérience in the Bâton Rouge De La Montagne. I am not sure to go again Bâton Rouge!Special Features:
- An Excellent MealsheltieloverDined on 4/5/2014My fiance and I went here on game night. The food was spectacular- the best Cesar salad I've ever had. I wish we had seen more of our waiter but it was a very busy night. Great experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribs in townProactvDined on 4/2/2014Definitely the best ribs that I have aver had. Their crab cake appetizer was excellent as well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We had a low-key party between friends and our spot was excellent. The children at our table could walk a bit without distracting anyone. As always, great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never eat here before an eventOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2013Never eat here before an event at the Bell centre. Sat at my table 20min and finally had to ask a bus boy to get my waitress. Don't order the dips unless you want to burn your mouth! Took 15 min to cool down.
- good home style foodcsoumVIPDined on 8/12/2013GOOD CHICKEN TENDER SALAD AND THE RIBS ARE AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you expect.BennitoDined on 8/10/2013We were looking for a nice place to dine downtown. Baton Rouge is easy to find and offers a good meal selection. Ribs are always a classic. We had a pleasant time there.Special Features:
- We can't go to Baton RougeweekendgetawayDined on 5/18/2013We can't go to Baton Rouge without having the ribs - they are always prepared to that fall-off-the-bone perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ribs, which seem to beOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/5/2013The ribs, which seem to be a staple were just okay. The staff was initially alert but attentiveness fell off during the meal even though the restaurant was not busy. I would think twice before visiting and find another restaurant to spend your money. The price of most of the entrees seemed a bit much.
- Best restaurant next to bellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Best restaurant next to bell centre. Baton Rouge has good food, good list of wine and an amazing ambience!Special Features:
- Expensive fast-foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Meal came quickly and cold, suggesting that it had been lying under heating lamps. This restaurant is too expensive for what effectively amounts to fast food.
- Go there a lot for businessAdamwDined on 1/25/2013Go there a lot for business lunches. There is always room, service is quite good, and meals come rapidly and are adequately prepared.Special Features:
- Great food experience as usual,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great food experience as usual, but the music was a little loud and the space between table was really tight.Special Features:
- Service not too pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Was nice, however the service was slow, and the lady serving us seemed in a bad mood.Special Features:
- Service was great until weBpiccirelliVIPDined on 11/24/2012Service was great until we wanted to leave.. Had to ask three differentr people for the bill and finally received it about 15 minutes after asking the first time. Ribs were overcooked and dry.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Jena & KarineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012We waited approximately 45 minutes for our food to arrive, and then realized that we didn’t have enough and wanted to order more. Not one single waiter came by to ask if everything was ok, the kids wanted drinks they never got asked and didn’t get any, our ribs were burnt. I only had half of one they were not eatable and the service was horrible we all left hungry. When we got back to our room (because we’re from out of town) we ordered room service. It was my friend and I daughter’s birthday we were promised cake for them which we never got. When we left I ask for a taxi and been told to walk across the street go here and there and they should be some taxis??!!! I don’t know the area and didn’t have a clue what he was talking about; a lad
- Food took a bit long to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Food took a bit long to come but other than that no complaints! :)Special Features:
- We all enjoyed the meal veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012We all enjoyed the meal very much.The service was excellent I think that is what made the meal even more enjoyable I do not drink so I can not comment on the wine list.Special Features:
- Very copious portions. RibsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2012Very copious portions. Ribs are very good. But overall pricey for the quality you get.Special Features:
- Vous êtes un bon site de réservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012Vous êtes un bon site de réservation mais vous n'avez pas de version française.
- Nice outdoor terrace. We hadKellyjackVIPDined on 6/30/2012Nice outdoor terrace. We had the ribs which were perfectly done. Our server was very attentive. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- J'aurais apprécié répondreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012J'aurais apprécié répondre à ce sondage mais le fait que le texte est uniquement en anglais m'indispose au plus grand point. Un grand manque de respect des francophones du Québec.Jacques Vincent
- I go there for their Ahi TunaAmberSpyglassVIPDined on 6/11/2012I go there for their Ahi Tuna Salad, and it never disappoints. It's a great spot for lunch, especially if you can get a seat on the terrasse.Special Features:
- Nice casual mealMartinGDined on 6/8/2012A great ambiance, a fantastic meal with my son. The Baton Rouge Chicken Tenders were actually good. While not a foodie's place, it's a great place to be for a casual meal where we're not going to rate every bite that goes in our mouth. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The ribs are delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012The ribs are delicious. The waiter was a very good server. Beautiful, clean restaurant with soothing atmosphere. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- All of the 6 of us reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012All of the 6 of us really enjoyed all aspects of our meals. The food was very good and enough diversity to satisfy all our palates. The staff was prompt, efficient and effective. A good meal was had by all.Special Features:
- The service was great / howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The service was great / however both our steaks were overcooked which was disappointing as it was mothers day so I guess I was a bit dissapointed as I had been there many times in the past /Special Features:
- our favorite restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012our favorite restaurant. great food reasonable prices. great frozen mojito,Special Features:
- We went for a friend of mine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2012We went for a friend of mine's birthday as a surprise! the waiter was GREAT!!! Very firendly, available at all time and very attentionate, HOWEVER the food was just ok. As an entree, we took fried calamaries, OMG it was so good, 1 entree for 2 was more than enough. I took the tuna ahi salad as a main course, there was so much dressing that i would have called it a dressing with some veggies in it! The tuna had no taste, i love sushi, so I'm used to raw fish, but it didnt even taste like fish/tuna. for desert, we took the chocolate mousse, the topping wasnt good at all, actually, we tossed it and ate the mousse only, which was excellent!! overall, a little pricey for the quality of the food, but the waiter made up for it!!Special Features:
- Habs gameday tradition.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Great food and courteous service. Ribs are a must. A Canadiens' game day tradition as the Belle Centre is directly across the street. Book a reservation early if the Habs are playing because the line-up will be halfway up the block. Recommend a 3:30-4:30 reservation for a 7:00 game.Special Features:
- Good food, but...matthiasDined on 4/1/2012Yes, the food is good, especially the steaks, the ribs and also the tuna. Coleslaw tasted a bit industrial. It's a chain place, therefore don't expect more than the typical diner furniture, lighting was without ideas, the location is not ideal.Special Features:
- Good, reliable spot to enjoy ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The kids have become huge Baton Rouge fans and we don't put up much of a fight. The food is good and the service is excellent. There was no big event at the Bell Center next door so about 50% of the tables were empty. My only complaint is about the noise levels. Even on a quiet night it was pretty loud in there.Special Features:
- Lack of Full Menu, but still good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012I've been here a number of times for special occaision and I'm always a huge fan of their Louisiana Spinach Dip. I was disappointed that we got the shorten menu this time around because there was a boxing tournament happening at the Bell Centre, so me and a few of my friends didn't get our first choice of meal, but it was still good.Special Features:
- Bonne nourriture, belle ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Bonne nourriture, belle ambiance et banquettes confortables. Nous sommes satisfaits de cet endroit chaleureux.Special Features:
- I hadn't been there in aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012I hadn't been there in about 10 years, all I remembered was that it was expensive. Well it still is. We can get just as good food elsewhere for cheaper. A virgin caesar for $6?? That's the price of 2 bottles of clamato. And half the glass is filled with ice. Not worth the $6. The food was luke warm for 4 people out of 5 at our table. The service was good. It was on a Sunday night so it wasn't too noisy.Special Features:
- Food was not as it was before...andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011Food was not as it was before...and what was on the special menue, there was none left and was replaced by something cheaper...Special Features:
- Cold fries. Cold chicken.FrancoDined on 9/2/2011Cold fries. Cold chicken. Clumpy cheese spinanch dip. No longer leaders for their ribs,fries,dip. This chain has lost its appeal over the last few years. Diassapointed.