Bâton Rouge - Complexe Desjardins
180, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest
Montreal, QC H5B 1B5Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Bâton Rouge - Complexe Desjardins
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 514-282-7444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bâton Rouge - Complexe Desjardins
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bâton Rouge - Complexe Desjardins reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Dinner and ShowdinnereoperaDined on 5/24/2014The location is absolutely perfect for our dinner/show/opera evenings. After dinner we can go for a short walk around PDA before entering the bldg. The staff at resto are friendly, bilingual and helpful. Love you guys! Merci, thank you and grazie. NicoleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed for the worstwxyzDined on 5/14/2014This restaurant has never been reputed for a good service. Now we can say the same about the food. They simplified their menu, offering fewer options. And the ones that remain now come in smaller portions. For the same price as before, of course!Special Features:
- Entre amisAuroreDined on 5/10/2014Nous avons l'habitude de nous rendre a bâton rouge pour leurs cotes levées. Comme toujours, elles étaient parfaites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Style des années 80GalmiDined on 5/7/2014Ce restaurant devrait être rénové, style dépassé, moquettes sales et usées, service juste adéquat, planchers qui craquent; bref, une expérience très ordinaire, le seul argument en faveur de BÂton Rouge étant la qualité de la nourriture qui est conforme aux attentes peu élevées.Special Features:
- All round pleasant experience!NikkiDined on 5/5/2014We were all satisfied with our meal choices, friendly and courteous service and with the general ambience of the restaurant. Our American guests said that their pleasant dining experience set the tone for the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 231 reviews are from the Bâton Rouge - Complexe Desjardins reviews archive.
- Fast and FuriouswonderboyDined on 4/26/2014Food and service was great and fast, clearly responding to the theater crowd. Not a place for in-depth conversations as the noise level was really high (probably because it was full). Good place to go to be sure to be on time for your show. Don't forget to reserve in advance.Special Features:
- it has standards for excelentDmitri217Dined on 3/29/2014it has standards for excelent service, however, items are overpriced. well overpriced. reason i keep coming back is the ribs. i never invite anyone to baton rouge for anything other than the ribs, it would be a waste of money. did i mention the service is fantastic?Special Features:
- GreatMeccaDined on 3/28/2014Food was great and service was nice and fast. Had a great time and will be back!Special Features:
- Solid restaurant!LLLLDined on 3/22/2014While Baton Rouge is a chain restaurant, the food and service are solid at this location. There is free indoor parking (a bonus with Montreal's long winter season). Do not forget to validate the stub before leaving. Ideal for groups. Cozy and warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Réservations ? Oubliez çà...Happytraveler54Dined on 3/20/2014Nous avions réservé une table avec 2 chaises pour 18h15. Arrivés à 18h05, nous nous attendions à attendre une dizaine de minutes. À 18h20 on nous a offert une banquette (ce qui n'était pas possible compte-tenu du gabarit). Or il nous a fallu attendre 50 minutes (avec une soi-disant priorité parce que nous avions réservé...) avant d'obtenir une table. Les aliments étaient bons et le service fût attentionné. Mais le vacarme nuisait à la conversation. En conclusion, ce restaurant ne respecte pas ses engagements de réservation (il semble faire du sur-booking en plus d'accepter tous les clients qui s'y présentent...) au détriment des clients qui ont pris la peine eux de réserver, de spécifier leurs besoins et d'être présent à l'heure convenue
- We enjoyed a very good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/4/2014We enjoyed a very good meal here. the ribs are a generous portion and very tender and meaty. great sauce. my husband enjoyed a New York strip. With a bottle of wine it is not cheap but it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Baton Rouge !!!macnatDined on 3/2/2014Always love to eat here!! Great ambiance, great decor, great food and great service !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience of the yearKdrownsDined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for poor service and burnt food please make a reservation asap. This was the worst restaurant that I have been to this year. Please save yourself the trouble and book a table at the Keg or any other place. Do not go to this place.
- NicepkmillarDined on 2/28/2014Celebrating our birthdays on this past week-end my wife and I really enjoyed the time we spent at Baton Rouge! It all felt a little rushed - but the food was good and the service was very congenial. We will go back - many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningSallyDined on 2/25/2014Food is always great, service friendly and efficient and, once again, a great evening at Baton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillPopgunDined on 2/15/2014Overpriced, absolutely brutal table service, poor cuts of steak not even close to being cooked as requested. Not what it once was. Go to The Keg instead.
- Bon choix pour la St-ValentinCalactusDined on 2/14/2014Belle ambiance, service hors pair, nourriture appétissante (quoique un peu simple). Trop cher ! Mais bon, pour la St-Valentin ça va. Musiciens sur place, personnel accueillant... On paye pour l'ambiance ! Pour un groupe c'est sympa, sinon à deux c'est romantique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business AtmosphereFenarialDined on 2/9/2014We were placed in a quiet section where there was 1 other table and next to a window overlooking the Place des Arts. The menu provided us with a great selection of food and the wine list provided us with an excellent bottle. The service at the table was also very professional and it just topped off the experience as one that you could not have planned better. Our request was made over the web and was requested in very few words, "a business dinner, a quiet area if possible."Special Features:
- Great place.VeryloudtableDined on 2/6/2014We came to eat here before a hockey game. Everyone was great . We had a not so great part when another guest came and asked us not to laugh so loud. We were a group of 6...kinda hard to be silent at dinner. Because of his poor attitude we left and took our business elsewhere.
- Excellentes côtes levées!RoyerDined on 1/24/2014Parfait pour lunch de groupe sans sortir du Complexe Desjardins en ce froid hiver. Les prix du menu midi sont un peu excessifs cependant mais on est en plein Centre-ville…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baton RougeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/7/2014Very nice place, my table wasn't the best but the service was great and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was good bit not theSashadogVIPDined on 1/7/2014Steak was good bit not the Ahi salad. Ahi was tasteless and salad itself was like a cabbage salad and not very good.
- Good steak, lousy potato....mbialowaDined on 1/5/2014Rib steak was cooked to perfection, just disappointed that the potato tasted like it was pulled out of the fridge and barely reheated. also Santa Fe vegetable topping was soaked right through with dressing, almost like day old salad sitting in the fridge. Chicken itself was great as per usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch January 5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014- I ordered the chicken tenders. They were not hot and they were caked in batter. They tasted bland. The dipping sauces were cold. - I asked to replace both side dishes with a side salad and found out when I got the bill I was charged full price for the mean PLUS $6.95 for the salad! I asked the waitress about the charge she was dismissive. - our waitress came to our table mid meal and said she was going on break and another server would take over. This is not professional. You finish your tables THEN take a break. - I have been to Baton Rouge many times before but would not recommend this particular location.
- Good service but ribs...LizzieGDined on 12/28/2013Ribs are their thing and we had 5 orders and 3 of them were super dry. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations mean nothingJJ514Dined on 12/21/2013Had reservations for 5:30, and tickets for a show at 7:30. We almost didn't get to eat. Showed up at 5:20 for our reservations and was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. No problem! I overheard the hostess say the people without reservations would be a wait of 45-60 minutes. Finally being seated at 6:30 we had to rush everything. The waitress was awesome - we ordered ate and paid all in 20 minutes. I don't understand what the point of reservations are for if they don't honor them. Totally unacceptable!
- Smelly lobsterLobster2nightDined on 12/21/2013I ordered the lobster. I was craving lobster for a while and I was going to see the nutcracker. So, out of pure convenience we went to Baton Rouge. When the lobster came to my table, it had an awful fishy smell. I asked for olive oil instead of butter, it took almost 20 minutes of my husband tracking a waiter/waitress down to get the olive oil. I was done my lobster tail at that point. Yes, I still ate the lobster. I was craving it. The keg's lobster was much better. I asked for the bill, and they brought me two bills. Awful place. They are so lucky, they are located under complex desjardins
- NutCracker and Baton RougeBertieDined on 12/13/2013A group of us ladies had tickets to see the Nutcracker ballet at the Place des Arts. The Baton Rouge is located directly accross from the PDA making it a very convenient place to meet. They have a great bar ( on this night a Jazz band was playing) and our waiters and waitresses were aware we had a specific show time and ensured that our food and bill came on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribs...as alwaysFiat500Dined on 12/13/2013Great place to eat, especially if you are going to the theatre just across the street. Service is quick and food is consistently good. My only complaint would be that even with a reservation, we had to wait an extra 15 minutes to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013I have been to a few Baton Rouge restaurants over the years but this experience was , by far,the best. Our server was attentive but not overly attentive...you know what I mean. I had the bone in fillet mignon cooked to my liking...and the garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. The caesar salad was very, very fresh. Overall, a great experience.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but the serviceVallyVIPDined on 12/6/2013Food is good but the service in the bar section is not the best - waitress is to busy talking with the other waitresses.
- Service too slow - December 5thDisappointedDined on 12/5/2013Hello, We had 1.74 hrs for dinner before a show at PDA - Should have had plenty of time to have a drink, eat and be at PDA in time. I arrived a few minutes later than other guests. It took 10 minutes for our waitress to take my drink order and 25 minutes it (Manhattan) to arrive - which was watered down and had to be returned.Nor did it have the appropriate recipe - it looked and tasted like a ginger-ale. The replacement drink came quickly, but only after I had to remind the waitress, again. Excuse-Busy.The delivery of the meals (potato soup and ribs for most) took a long time and not great. . Getting bills very slow and waiting to pay - almost arrive late to the show. I had other good experiences, there, but this time, terrible.Special Features:
- Baton Rouge - Pre Show DinnercbilleatDined on 12/1/2013I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was packed due to an evening christmas concert at PdA. There was some minimal waiting while our table was prepared. Our server arrived quickly, taking orders for drinks which arrived within 5 minutes. She then took our meal orders - 3 rib dishes, 1 chicken and a steak salad. Given the restaurant was full to capacity, I was worried about getting out in time to go to the theatre. Food arrived within 15 - 20 minutes. Everyone was satisfied with their meals & a couple expressed surprise at the offerings of the wine list. Our server was excellent and we were out the door without having to rush to the theatre. Would not have happen without reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013This is one of my favorite restaurant the food is great ans the staff is awesome they have great personnalities... I find this restaurant very noisy and the music is nerve racking at times.... the service is a little fast, .especially when you want to relax and enjoy the food with your spouse or friends, i've been there at least 15 times and only once the service was slow....Special Features:
- Good service, tasty food,MangoDined on 11/21/2013Good service, tasty food, excellent location - PDA. Somewhat noisy, could not talk, had to scream over other diners. Generally, very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Ribs - as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/19/2013Baton Rouge Porc Ribs are famous. I am never disappointed when ordering this dish. French fries are nice & crispy and they give mayonnaise!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Amazing food, service and as well as the ambience! Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of overbookingJosephineDined on 11/6/2013By its situation in le complexe Desjardins, Bâton Rouge is full every night by people later planning to go to the theater, a concert, etc. It takes reservation, but expect to wait nevertheless, at least an extra 20 minutes. This can be frustrating when you know you have limited time to eat before heading to your show. Once seated, the service is fast, American-style. There are better "foodie" choices in the neighborhood. This is not a place where you'll discover new flavours or plates. Go for American steak and fries.Special Features:
- Noisy but goodMitchDined on 11/4/2013If seated near the group tables, expect lots of noise. After we were seated in a booth between the upper large table and three tables for group below, we could hardly hear ourselves talk. We asked and moved to a quiet portion of the restaurant, much to the dismay of our waiter. Otherwise, the food was what we expect at Baton Rouge and the service fairly quick, if not personal. While it appears a person is assigned the table, there is a constant parade of servers attending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert diningswingingsaftaDined on 10/30/2013My plate was taken away before I finished my salad. My plate was taken away before I finished my fish and sweet potato fries. I was talking to my friend opposite me and didn`t notice that this happened twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.