Batika India Bistro - Novato
868 Grant Ave.
Novato, CA 94945Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Batika India Bistro - Novato
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.batikaindia.com/
- Phone: 4158955757
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Anil Shahu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call restaurant for details.
A word from Batika India Bistro - Novato
Now in beautiful heart of downtown Novato, Marin County, Chef Anil Shahu is bringing resident and visitors the finest Indian cuisine, with an array of dishes prepared fresh daily. Enjoy the benefit of Chef Anil Shahu's 11 years of culinary experience and let his passion delight your every bite. At Batika India Bistro we are committed to using the freshest and most colorful foods to create a unique cuisine. We are fortunate to have access to some of the finest local grown produce as well as the incredible cooking talent to put it all together. Our menu changes several times a year with varying seasonal touches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Batika India Bistro - Novato reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)romantic (5)Show More
- Indianfav14Dined on 9/8/2014We have eaten here before and it is our favorite Indian food in the area. The wait staff are friendly, polite, and eager to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Staff were welcoming to three children in our party, and understanding when I called to inform them that we were going to be fifteen minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Staff are excellent The food is tasty What else do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real jewelLadyirish317Dined on 8/8/2014I love this restaurant! The service is friendly and attentive without being overwhelming, and the food is stunning. My friend and I totally cleaned our plates. I can't recommend it highly enough. Well worth seeking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great qualityEspanolaVIPDined on 8/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Batika. We order chicken curry, lamb vindaloo, coconut lemon shrimp with saffron rice and coconut rice, etc. Overall every dish was very tasty and cook well. But I must say the best out of the main three dishes was the coconut lemon shrimp it was made to perfection and the sauce was incredible. Every single person in our table was very pleased. Great quantity, quality for your money.Special Features:
- ExcellentGuns4HireDined on 7/25/2014One of the best Indian restaurants we have ever experienced. Would recommend this place to anyone. We dined outside. Whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Indian delight.NonicknameDined on 6/26/2014Consistently delicious, this is our go-to restaurant for wonderful Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!t6362bVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food and service was excellent . We been here a few times always consistent standard of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This was a graduation dinner for our daughter. The food was great and the waiter was very helpful in helping me select dishes that provided a nice variety of food and adequate portions for everyone in our party and the rest of the service was wonderful.... Thanks guys it was great!
- Good but not unanimously greatMichaelDined on 6/12/2014We went for a family dinner outing, and the experience was very good overall. The only thing we split on was whether or not food was markedly better tasting than Lotus in San Rafael. I thought so, but the rest of the family didn't agree.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Batika India Bistro - Novato reviews archive.
- Wonderful'nTony44VIPDined on 5/16/2014As always, we had another wonderful dinner. We always look forward to coming in. On Friday evening we sat next to a nice couple who was new to the area. They were so thrilled that they had found such a wonderful Indian restaurant. The food and service is always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food outside DelhiMissJuneVIPDined on 4/26/2014Gosh, I love this place. Every single bite is so delicious. I should eat here once a week. I have been to India and truly love it. This saves that very long drive and flight. Take my word for it, this place is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014We frequent Batika at least twice a month and we are NEVER disappointed! The food is always delicious and fresh and the service is friendly and prompt. The decor on the inside is ecclectic and fun but there is also an outdoor patio for 'al fresco' dining. Best Indian restaurant in Marin!Special Features:
- As good as any SF Indian RestaurantSFJoeVIPDined on 4/11/2014We love the fact we have a terrific indian restaurant in Novato that is as good as any in San Francisco. We visit there on a regular basis and always leave pleased with our choices and the quality of food. They offer a lunch buffet which is pretty decent as well for $8.95. Give it a shot.Special Features:
- Lovely, Little Gem of a Restauranteatingout46Dined on 3/25/2014My husband and I have brought friends with to dine at Batika Indian Bistro several times, as well as having eaten there on our own on several occasions. The variety of delectable and savory dishes available on Batika's menu are a delight to the palate. We have sampled a variety of lamb, chicken and sea food dishes as well as some of Batika's curries. We have never been disappointed with our choices. The food is absolutely delicious and the service is warm, friendly, very polite. The aromas emanating from Batika's kitchen as you enter the restaurant are heavenly. They are an olfactory indicator of the wonderful food that you will experience at this restaurant. We eagerly anticipate our next visit to Batika Indian Bistro !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional tandoori chicken yetElleDined on 3/17/2014..that was nicely marinated, moist and not overdone that one typically finds in most Indian restaurants! Achari eggplant was very good, spices were flavorful without being overwhelming. The Kashmiri Rogan Josh (lamb) would have been really good as well except the lamb cubes were not tender and seemed overcooked. The vegetable pulao was good; appreciated the vegetables not being overcooked. My preference is having the vegetables cut slightly smaller so overall dish texture be more balanced. The garlic naan was perfect! Great different pickled condiments along with their mango chutney were really good condiments that fit everything! Looking forward to sampling more on menu as they have very enticing options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, cozy and invitingTgodskiDined on 3/7/2014Four of us enjoyed great service and food. One of our party has a severe sesame allergy and the server was very attentive, making sure the hit hen was aware. I love the French brasserie-esque atmosphere. Everyone was delighted with their food choices, salmon, lamb and veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAD A GREAT TIME, FOOD WASOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014HAD A GREAT TIME, FOOD WAS FRESH AND GREAT, BUT LOTS OF SMOKE THROUGHOUT RESTAURANT WHEN THE TOOMARI PLATES OF SIZZILING FOOD WOULD BE BROUGHT OUT TO TABLES, POOR VENTILATION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTony44VIPDined on 2/7/2014We hate to admit it but we drove by this restaurant for years wanting to try it but hadn't. We began eating there about a month ago and love it. The food is fresh, delicious, and consistant. The staff has been very helpful as we have needed some direction while ordering. We will continue to go. It's now one of our local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014We'd only experienced the lunch buffet which is decent food for a reasonable buffet price. When we scheduled a party for the evening, I was pleased to be able to do so online. Food was decent as usual, but the price was surprisingly high. I don't think I'll be scheduling dinner events here again. Still, nice staff and location.Special Features:
- Orient ExpressLisaVIPDined on 1/28/2014Eating at Batika is like a trip on the Orient Express! Very authentic in terms of menu, food and waiters. Love this place so much, it's the best Indian food I've ever had!Special Features:
- A real Novato Gem!!!cavagirlVIPDined on 11/15/2013Great meal, service, all-around pleasant experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gtreat Indian FoodlaynieDined on 10/28/2013Wonderfully presented, adequate portions, affordable.Special Features:
- Wow. What a find.BMACVIPDined on 10/9/2013I ate here because it was conveniently located and the reviews were good. I was not prepared for how outstanding it was. This is the best Indian food I have had in the Bay Area. So often it is too heavy, to greasy or overpoweringly seasoned without subtlety. I found the food to be fresh, authentic and prepared with attention to detail. The waitstaff were attentive and gracious. Small but OK wine list. Kind of a romantic little restaurant with an outdoor seating area that would be nice for lunch. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Find!novatodinerDined on 10/8/2013I've passed by Batika countless times but never had the opportunity to go in. I am so glad I went the other night with two other companions. We shared many dishes and every single one was delicious! My only complaints are that the tables are a little close to each other, and the noise level is fairly high. I'd really like a slightly quieter dining experience, but it was otherwise top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findt6362bVIPDined on 10/4/2013Food and service were great. Second time visiting cant wait till we come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie has a new favoriteBonsterVIPDined on 9/28/2013Love this place. Love the food. Love the owner. We practically licked our plates clean! Will be back many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true taste of IndiaMissJuneVIPDined on 9/20/2013This little restaurant is delightful with a wait staff that attends to your every need. Food is great and the service is not pushy. Whatever your pace this is just the place to relax and enjoy your evening.Special Features:
- Best Indian restaurant in MarinMiloulababbusDined on 9/13/2013Fantastic food, great value and friendly service. I'm from the UK where they have the best Indian restaurants. This is the only place I've found where the food quality compares. I was happy to see it so busy, and it is definitely worth the drive to Novato.Special Features:
- A real find. Food quality,AppreciateFineFoodVIPDined on 8/29/2013A real find. Food quality, taste and presentation are all excellent. Service staff is professional, attentive and friendly. Anyone who likes good Himalayan/Indian fare will want to frequent this Marin County gem. If you haven't wandered the charming streets of Novato, don't miss the chance for an after dinner stroll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner with FriendslvalleygirlDined on 8/11/2013Our favorite Indian restaurant in Marin. Had a lovely time with friends. Lots of great flavors. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of FlavorJamesVIPDined on 8/2/2013The food here never misses a beat. Service is impeccable. All the dishes are full of flavor, and the staff will help you balance out your choices so you get a good sampling of dishes.Special Features:
- Immediately after we enteredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013Immediately after we entered the restaurant, we were shown to the table I had requested. However, as the Novato night was absolutely stunning, we chose to sit outside in a nicely laid out patio. Service was impeccable, our server was happy to answer any questions we had, water and before dinner gnosh arrived within moments after we were seated. Our meal was delicious, the wine choices limited but a good selection. Batika India Bistro is on my list of returns in Novato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Indian food...in Novato!GourmecVIPDined on 7/1/2013Three of us recently had dinner at Batika India in Novato...what a surprise! One of the three is a real foodie when it comes to Indian food and ranked this restaurant's dishes as right up there with Vij's in Vancouver, B.C. The palak paneer was the best we have had. One of our party then had the Thale vegetarian plate...every dish was excellent and enough food we brought some home for our son's dinner the next night. Two of us had the Chicken Tikka Masaala--delicious! We definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was freshly made andMaveDined on 5/20/2013Food was freshly made and delicious. Best ingredients used. Friendly, professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- India CallingMissJuneVIPDined on 5/17/2013This really is one of my most favorite places to get away too. Food, service and energy are all so good. It's wonderful love the food of this lovely country. Go out and treat yourself to something delicious. Saturday nights get busy so worth a booking.Special Features:
- NamasteMissJuneVIPDined on 4/21/2013It took me awhile to find this place and I'm so happy I gave it a try. Welcoming with outstanding food. If you hunger for authentic Indian food this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Lunch buffet is smaller thanelliebellieVIPDined on 3/31/2013Lunch buffet is smaller than most, but better quality. Dinner was wonderful. Staff very nice. Probably some of best Indian food in Marin County.Special Features:
- it keeps getting better!StellaVIPDined on 3/30/2013it keeps getting better! the best service, food and pace of the meal . . .Special Features:
- This is the best Indian fooddinerVIPDined on 3/2/2013This is the best Indian food in the North Bay that I know of, or for that matter san francisco, though Anohka down the street is a not-distant second. The flavors are fresher than usual but still with nice depth and complexity sometimes lacking in more modern Indian restaurants. Only small grip is I asked for "Hot- very hot- as in REALLY HOT" and got moderately hot for the salmon entrée. The other three dishes were perfectly medium and delicious and the bill seemed quite low ($75 including 2 glasses wine)Special Features: