419 S Main St
Royal Oak, MI 48067Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastonebrewery.com/
- Phone: 2485446250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Contemporary European, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Robert Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Christy Kelly 2485446250
A word from Bastone Brewery
A Royal Oak mainstay since 2004, Bastone Brewery takes both its name and culinary style from the famous Belgian city. The 1930s era establishment sets the stage for a restaurant and brewery where award-winning Belgian beer is crafted onsite for the finest flavor and character. The menu features an array of classic burgers, Belgian mussels and frites, artisan pizzas and European-inspired entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bastone Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Good vibeKMDelDined on 8/14/2014The pizza and burgers are very good. The service is extremely fast here. It was decently busy and our food did not take long at all. Also, they make great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer, Food Tries Too HardOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014The bar food here--the pizza, the burgers, etc.--are alright. However, my steak was overcooked, and my wife had almost no lobster on her lobster mac and cheese. Bastone would do well to eliminate anything trying to masquerade as classy (e.g., the steaks, the seafood, etc).Special Features:
- BastoneDebbyDined on 8/11/2014Excellent restaurant....love the "garage doors" for exposing the restaurant to the outside...Special Features:
- Great place!rnltxVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fun atmosphere, excellent food, wonderful service. Not disappointed the second time here. We'll be back!
- A GemHerschDined on 7/30/2014We found the restaurant to be excellent. The food and service was excellent. The noise level was a little high, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouieDined on 7/26/2014Good restaurant ... Ran out of dessert and it not have a wheat beer .. Or the waitress didn't know what I was talking aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for medinner57Dined on 7/26/2014I didn't fine this place to be anything more than ok. I've eaten lunch there and dinner; I liked lunch better. I'd go again but it isn't a favorite.Special Features:
- Always Great But...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Typically it's one of my favorite spots for dinner in RO. Unfortunately I order the pork and it was very fatty. I'm not one to send things back so I picked around it. Should have order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!rnltxVIPDined on 6/28/2014Surprised by how good the food is - but be warned, this is not for you if you are on a diet! Excellent service & some nice choices for beer!Special Features:
- GoodMikeDined on 6/26/2014Had fish n chips and pilsner, all good. Maybe more fish and less fries would be good.Special Features:
- Great BeerMilesMonkMingsDined on 6/13/2014The pilsner was wonderful. Great flavor, not too light nor fruity. Hors d’Oeuvres were appropriately sized. Not a cheap place, but well worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSugarHighDined on 6/9/2014The food was delicious. The lobster Mac and cheese was amazing and so was the steak and mushroom pizza. We got a bottle of wine which was pretty good as well. As far as service we sat on the patio and there were only a few other tables out there which made me think our service would be good but it was not, he didn't ask how our main dishes were and getting a water refill was kind of a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Very pricey for a brewery. Food not all that warm .
- Great!stjagDined on 5/30/2014This place was great for our group! Loved the online reservation option! They even followed up to verify!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday GNOale0216Dined on 5/16/2014My friends and I really enjoyed the ambience. We loved the downstairs bar area & enjoyed our food. Cocktails served a good punch! I plan on returning with my husband so he can try the fish & chips. They looked amazing & lots of people were ordering it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer, Great FoodGrizzDined on 5/16/2014Bastone is a great place to go for dinner. Their Steak Sandwich is top notch and their beers are a great pairing. The dessert menu is pretty solid as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeGin106Dined on 5/16/2014My group had a great time at Bastone. The food was excellent (although a little pricey, it was worth it), the service was great, and we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedsteakloverDined on 5/11/2014I ordered a chive/horseradish waffle that I presumed had slices of beef on it. It looked and tasted like "Dinty Moore" canned beef stew on toast or a toaster waffle.
- Great for large group.HerschDined on 5/10/2014Great menu selections. We were a large party of 11. There was something for everyone to chose. Our server was wonderful.Special Features:
- BastonejimmyDined on 5/9/2014Very fun atmosphere. Creative menu. This is the kind of restaurant I would use as a regular neighborhood haunt.Special Features:
- The following 142 reviews are from the Bastone Brewery reviews archive.
- Eh...JGrantDined on 5/4/2014The beer was fantastic...but considering I specifically came her for Lobster Mac and Cheese and they were out of Lobster...not a happy camper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Beer!!!!PVUSASCDined on 4/26/2014If you like beer.....this is the place!!! Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceSusanDined on 4/23/2014Let me first say, we'll go back. There were several items on the menu we'd like to try and our service was very good. We ordered the Mussels 3-ways and those were very good. The fish and chips entree was not so special, and way overloaded with fries. The fish taco we ordered from the anniversary specials menu was served with an over-sized white Lavash which didn't flatter the Ahi tuna and slaw. A nice soft corn taco shell would have been much preferred.Special Features:
- date nightkhigleDined on 4/15/2014Awesome for a personal date night :) They delivered a dessert free of charge because I wrote my fiances birthday on the reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great and so wasmz14Dined on 4/5/2014Service was great and so was the food. It was a great place for a larger group and the waitress was great and making sure we got out to make a show we had tickets for Would have liked to have beer other than there brewed beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightAKFoodieDined on 4/4/2014My boyfriend and I went to dinner here for a date night. The Ambience was very nice, especially in the smaller side room. It's much more intimate and quiet in this area. The larger room can be quite noisy and difficult to hear your date. I would definitely recommend, if you're looking for a quiet date, to request the side room. The service was great and the waiter attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We loved this restaurant! The atmosphere was great!! Food and drinks were awesome as well! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Bad ExperineceAstroDined on 4/2/2014The food was subpar for a restaurant of this type. Service was not so good. Overall just a bad experience and will never go back to this restaurant.
- not worth the pricebtsunshineDined on 4/2/2014The menu wasn't as impressive as the prices would lead you to believe it was. Aside from the live music (which was an interesting, although maybe out of place, touch), the atmosphere seemed a little disjointed to me. Dessert was great. All things considered, though, we should have walked on through to the Monk Bar (mmmm, duck fat fries!).
- very hospitableSusanDined on 4/2/2014I hosted a business and wanted to take them to a nice Royal Oak spot. Bastone did not disappoint. We all enjoyed the food and the welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Okay Not excitingfrequentdinerDined on 3/31/2014We were disappointed with our experience. This was our first time at Bastone. I had the Fillet and it was dry. The Potatoes and veggies were very greasy. Crab cakes, 3 sausage appetizers and dessert were great. Our waitress was a bit of a ding bat. We would eventually get what we asked for but not right away, after that particular course was over.. We had to constantly be reminding her. There were very few people in the place and the dinner took forever. We would probably not go back.Special Features:
- Bastone GemRoyalOakSpartanDined on 3/29/2014I love Bastones! The food is great! I just always have slow service. I think its because they have to few wait staff. I see the wait staff running around and having way too many tables so it takes forever to get served. However I love the food and beer selection! I went there right after my boyfriend proposed...and he knew he had to take me to my favorite restaurant! The brewery steak sandwich is to die for. Plus the mac and cheese and filet migonettes. I havent had a bad meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFrankieWindsorDined on 3/28/2014Our waiter was great. Great selection of beer and specialty drinks. The menu fits any occasion. You can go high end entree or grab an incredible sandwich, or a pizza. It's all been delicious so far.Special Features:
- Belgian BirthdayIrishEllieDined on 3/26/2014We went to Bastone for my birthday dinner and the two of us couldn't get enough of the Mammoet sauce, which was to die for. I also had their Triple, which was delicious, as well as the Potato Leek Soup which was equally as good. The fries were definitely the stars of the night. Just wish there were Liege waffles on the menu and everything would've been perfect. But for a Belgian food lover in the US, this was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend tryingEponaDined on 3/22/2014Even w/ reservations we still had to wait, but without them the wait would have been closer to 1 hour not 10 mins. The menu isn't extensive but has something for almost everyone on it. Had artichoke fritters (so-so), Leuven waffle (decent, but probably won't get again - it was missing something & the sauce was a bit sweet) & scallops (cooked perfectly & very good - would get again). The wine selection while limited (to be expected for a brew pub) is nice and mainly European which is what we prefer. The beer was good & true to style. This place would be good for both a group (get a table) and a romantic date (get a booth). Looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer, Food OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2014Excellent IPA and dubbel. Good burger and frites, but salads and quiche just OK. Good peoplewatching.Special Features:
- Night of Birthdaysdiner21Dined on 3/21/2014Outstanding food and service. Very kid friendly. A great value as well. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, atmosphere and servicemickeyDined on 3/16/2014Our grouped dined here and was a good experience as usual. Good beer selection, good food and good atmosphere. It took a little longer for one appetizer but the waitress and manager were very apologetic and offered free desert for all. Reservation process was very easy and went smooth. Will definitely come here again! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice casual spot. NiceSteveDined on 3/14/2014Very nice casual spot. Nice atmosphere, good food selection. Good beer selection. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DmjefferyDined on 3/7/2014The Bastone Brewery was very accommodating and the service was great! Food and beer selection were excellent. Will definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.