419 S Main St
Royal Oak, MI 48067Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastonebrewery.com/
- Phone: 2485446250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Contemporary European, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Robert Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Christy Kelly 2485446250
A word from Bastone Brewery
A Royal Oak mainstay since 2004, Bastone Brewery takes both its name and culinary style from the famous Belgian city. The 1930s era establishment sets the stage for a restaurant and brewery where award-winning Belgian beer is crafted onsite for the finest flavor and character. The menu features an array of classic burgers, Belgian mussels and frites, artisan pizzas and European-inspired entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bastone Brewery - Best Restaurants in Royal Oak ›
Bastone Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (10)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food and beer; Recommend this place highly for dates.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDjangoDomoDined on 10/17/2014Everyone in our group of 5 had fantastic food at this visit to Bastone Brewery. Everything was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. We also had great service and an attentive waiter even though they were really busy.Special Features:
- One of our favesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014Love Bastone. We typically visit several times a year. (Would likely go more often, if not for the atrocious Royal Oak parking). Always a great selection of house brewed beers, along with a diverse and creative menu. Seafood, beef or pasta, you can't go wrong. The mussels appetizer or the pommes frite with tarragon dipping sauce are a great start to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BastonejodieDined on 10/15/2014The restaurant, which I've been to before, was nice. The Caesar salad with salmon was okay, nothing special, even though the hostess said it was to die for. The food was worse than the last time we were there. Our server was excellent, very attentive and he paid special attention to the "birthday girl", which was nice. He did a good job with a rather big group (12). There was a live band that started playing after we'd been there a while. They were good, but they were TOO LOUD! We could barely hear our conversations; we definitely could not hear from anyone at the opposite ends of our tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014It was a first date for me and my friend. We had a very nice time, food was good, service very good. Everyone was very friendly. I enjoyed myself and would recommend Bastone Brewery to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To many fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Atmosphere, beverages all good. Fries, burger and fish greasy.Special Features:
- Loved the beer and ambienceBonesGirlDined on 10/10/2014We brought out of town relatives here for the beer- they love doing flights and trying new things. Overall, the ambience was fantastic and we had a great time. The food was nothing special- I was expecting a little better given the menu. I had the vegetarian pizza- very few veggies, not quite up to par. Still, it was edible, came quickly, and the beer was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindrienceVIPDined on 10/8/2014Been in Detroit past 6 weeks for work. & dining experience was well worth 30 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & friendlyKozmoKateVIPDined on 10/3/2014We've been here many times, but the Oktoberfest menu email was the purpose for our visit. I looked forward to the Chicken Paprish but at 8 pm on Friday night it was already sold out, I settled for the Lobster Mac & Cheese which is usually outstanding but seemed a bit bland last night. My husband had the Baked White Onion Soup, and the German Chocolate Sour Cream Cake from the Oktoberfest menu...both were awesome and would be great additions to the ongoing menu. He also had the Sauerbraten..ok but the flavor was quite different than other sauerbraten he's had. I also had the Green Salad from the regular menu with candied pecans and poached pears,,,,a real winner. Great evening, great atmosphere, great food...we'll continue to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaDiningDivaDined on 9/30/2014The kitchen made my special request for a pizza toppings that was not on the menu with no hassles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Jeff was our server and he was awesome ! Me and my fiancée both ordered the burger and it was delicious ! I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Hot & ColdillneveremembermynicknameDined on 9/27/2014Had the leek and potato soup. It was great! I should have ordered a second bowl. The flourless chocolate cake has been my favorite for several years now. Worth the trip just for that. Temperature in the restaurant was way too cold, though. I could have worn a jacket inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding and service was above par. Great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Good Atmosphere and excellent service. Food was reasonably priced and very good. It also came out in a timely fashion. Booths were intimate and noise level was not bad, considering the Bar was right nearby. We would go there again.
- Great for groupsSpencerGDined on 9/11/2014A combination of great location and good food makes this place great for groups. Reservations were easy to get and the dinner was enjoyable.Special Features:
- A very happy birthday celebration!dja17chaosDined on 9/7/2014We had a group of eight in for a late birthday lunch for my Dad! We sat outside and it was absolutely beautiful! Our server was Brian B. and his service was exceptional, he took fabulous care of our entire group! Everything out of the kitchen was delicious and perfectly prepared! We tried all the beers offered and enjoyed all of them! Outstanding on all aspects of our meal, service and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibeKMDelDined on 8/14/2014The pizza and burgers are very good. The service is extremely fast here. It was decently busy and our food did not take long at all. Also, they make great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer, Food Tries Too HardOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014The bar food here--the pizza, the burgers, etc.--are alright. However, my steak was overcooked, and my wife had almost no lobster on her lobster mac and cheese. Bastone would do well to eliminate anything trying to masquerade as classy (e.g., the steaks, the seafood, etc).Special Features:
- BastoneDebbyDined on 8/11/2014Excellent restaurant....love the "garage doors" for exposing the restaurant to the outside...Special Features:
- Great place!rnltxVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fun atmosphere, excellent food, wonderful service. Not disappointed the second time here. We'll be back!
- A GemHerschDined on 7/30/2014We found the restaurant to be excellent. The food and service was excellent. The noise level was a little high, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouieDined on 7/26/2014Good restaurant ... Ran out of dessert and it not have a wheat beer .. Or the waitress didn't know what I was talking aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for medinner57Dined on 7/26/2014I didn't fine this place to be anything more than ok. I've eaten lunch there and dinner; I liked lunch better. I'd go again but it isn't a favorite.Special Features:
- Always Great But...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Typically it's one of my favorite spots for dinner in RO. Unfortunately I order the pork and it was very fatty. I'm not one to send things back so I picked around it. Should have order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!rnltxVIPDined on 6/28/2014Surprised by how good the food is - but be warned, this is not for you if you are on a diet! Excellent service & some nice choices for beer!Special Features:
- GoodMikeDined on 6/26/2014Had fish n chips and pilsner, all good. Maybe more fish and less fries would be good.Special Features:
- The following 152 reviews are from the Bastone Brewery reviews archive.
- Great BeerMilesMonkMingsDined on 6/13/2014The pilsner was wonderful. Great flavor, not too light nor fruity. Hors d’Oeuvres were appropriately sized. Not a cheap place, but well worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSugarHighDined on 6/9/2014The food was delicious. The lobster Mac and cheese was amazing and so was the steak and mushroom pizza. We got a bottle of wine which was pretty good as well. As far as service we sat on the patio and there were only a few other tables out there which made me think our service would be good but it was not, he didn't ask how our main dishes were and getting a water refill was kind of a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Very pricey for a brewery. Food not all that warm .
- Great!stjagDined on 5/30/2014This place was great for our group! Loved the online reservation option! They even followed up to verify!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday GNOale0216Dined on 5/16/2014My friends and I really enjoyed the ambience. We loved the downstairs bar area & enjoyed our food. Cocktails served a good punch! I plan on returning with my husband so he can try the fish & chips. They looked amazing & lots of people were ordering it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer, Great FoodGrizzDined on 5/16/2014Bastone is a great place to go for dinner. Their Steak Sandwich is top notch and their beers are a great pairing. The dessert menu is pretty solid as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeGin106Dined on 5/16/2014My group had a great time at Bastone. The food was excellent (although a little pricey, it was worth it), the service was great, and we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedsteakloverDined on 5/11/2014I ordered a chive/horseradish waffle that I presumed had slices of beef on it. It looked and tasted like "Dinty Moore" canned beef stew on toast or a toaster waffle.
- Great for large group.HerschDined on 5/10/2014Great menu selections. We were a large party of 11. There was something for everyone to chose. Our server was wonderful.Special Features:
- BastonejimmyDined on 5/9/2014Very fun atmosphere. Creative menu. This is the kind of restaurant I would use as a regular neighborhood haunt.Special Features:
- Eh...JGrantDined on 5/4/2014The beer was fantastic...but considering I specifically came her for Lobster Mac and Cheese and they were out of Lobster...not a happy camper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Beer!!!!PVUSASCDined on 4/26/2014If you like beer.....this is the place!!! Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceSusanDined on 4/23/2014Let me first say, we'll go back. There were several items on the menu we'd like to try and our service was very good. We ordered the Mussels 3-ways and those were very good. The fish and chips entree was not so special, and way overloaded with fries. The fish taco we ordered from the anniversary specials menu was served with an over-sized white Lavash which didn't flatter the Ahi tuna and slaw. A nice soft corn taco shell would have been much preferred.Special Features:
- date nightkhigleDined on 4/15/2014Awesome for a personal date night :) They delivered a dessert free of charge because I wrote my fiances birthday on the reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.