419 S Main St
Royal Oak, MI 48067Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastonebrewery.com/
- Phone: (248) 544-6250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, Contemporary European, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Robert Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Christy Kelly 2485446250
A word from Bastone Brewery
A Royal Oak mainstay since 2004, Bastone Brewery takes both its name and culinary style from the famous Belgian city. The 1930s era establishment sets the stage for a restaurant and brewery where award-winning Belgian beer is crafted onsite for the finest flavor and character. The menu features an array of classic burgers, Belgian mussels and frites, artisan pizzas and European-inspired entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bastone Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (23)hot spot (22)special occasion (16)romantic (14)late-night find (14)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- ETMehtaDined on 11/22/2014it was my birthday and the waiter was great with our large group and we were never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeDawnDined on 11/21/2014We went with a group of friends and had a terrific time. Great food, great beer, service was terrific. Will definintely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JmeB1231Dined on 11/21/2014We've been to Bastone before and decided to go there again with another couple who hadn't been there. The beer selection is great. We didn't know what to choose so our server asked us quesitons about what we like and made several suggestions, which turned out perfect. We had a hard time choosing what to have for dinner because the menu has so many delicious-looking items. But we were all happy with what we chose. We'll definately be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh and cold experienceChateauOnyxDined on 11/15/2014Were sat at the table by the door on a cold night. No heater vents over that table - poor engineering. Macaroni was not flavorful. My mom liked the quiche appetizer. Moderate selection of microbrews that were just okay. Had more wine than beer, from what I could tell, which is strange for a brewery. Hard to read the menu because it was very dimly lit. Waiter did not refill water and he stopped by within 1 minute of someone else delivering our food. Didn't come back until we requested the check
- SO SADandreaDined on 11/9/2014We took our family for a birthday celebration..............we were generally disappointed in about everything. First...a warm martini up (do you have to tell the bartender you want it shaken on ice? The service was as luke-warm as the food.....sub par. It used to be one of my favorites.............Bad enough that we may not give it another chance.
- I would go againgolferDined on 11/9/2014Provides valet service during the week, none on Sunday when city parking is free. This is one of the considerations whenever I go to a restaurant in Royal Oak because of the time limits on the meters. Menu is eclectic and provides a good variety for all tastes. Everyone at the table loved the french fries with the assortment of dipping sauces. Two of us had the braised pork belly which was fatter than I have had other places. Accommodated one vegan with us, but does not have a vegan menu. Provided 4 separate checks for our party of 6 which was greatly appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!YUMMMYDined on 11/8/2014Our whole family really appreciated the extra lengths your staff went to in order to help us celebrate an early Christmas. The private room, excellent service (Thanks Guy!) and delicious food made for a wonderful celebration.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014waitress was rude and not friendly, beer wasn't very cold, food was cold
- Great dinner spotXfact0r39Dined on 11/7/2014There are a lot of great beers on tap and a lot of great food to be had. My wife and I both ordered the beer sampler and steak frites, but I've had a few other things on the menu and haven't been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fav food/beer spot in the areaSullivanDined on 11/7/2014Bastone Brewery is our favorite for good beer and good food when we come to the East side of the state. Our visit Friday night, 11/7 did not disappoint. We used open table to reserve our table, and it all went well until we arrived and found they overbooked for the 6:30pm time slot, but thankfully we had our e-confirmation and the staff made it right and seated us right away.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good BeerjjbutterdishDined on 11/6/2014I liked that the menu had beer pairing suggestions. Good food options.Special Features:
- Recommend for beer & foodEponaDined on 11/1/2014Both the beer and food at Bastone are nice. The service is okay. The place is loud - so if you want to be able to hear the people you're with, especially of on a date, ask for a booth. The bar area is actually quieter than the main dining area. Wine list is okay, but this is a brew pub so enjoy one of their unique brews. Have been several times. This time had the Nicoise salad. This was a good size and the tuna was seared as requested. Calamari was a bit on the small size and "soggy." Would skip this and get something else next time. Waffle dish was decent.Special Features:
- Service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We saw many servers, but they kept passing out table. Finally a server came up an asked if we had been served. This was after nearly 10 minutes. We were just getting ready to walk out. Seems like the servers like to talk amongst themselves, but don't do a good job of serving the diners.
- Elevated Pub GrubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had the frites and muscles for an appetizer, frites were very good, muscles OK. Should have been better for a Belgian restaurant. Dinners were good and wine selection adequate (it is a beer place). Went here before a concert for a quick dinner and it was what we were looking for and what we expected. I would go back. Do not expect an outstanding dining experience, just good food.Special Features:
- Always a great timeCooleyDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food and beer; Recommend this place highly for dates.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDjangoDomoDined on 10/17/2014Everyone in our group of 5 had fantastic food at this visit to Bastone Brewery. Everything was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. We also had great service and an attentive waiter even though they were really busy.Special Features:
- One of our favesVincePan1VIPDined on 10/17/2014Love Bastone. We typically visit several times a year. (Would likely go more often, if not for the atrocious Royal Oak parking). Always a great selection of house brewed beers, along with a diverse and creative menu. Seafood, beef or pasta, you can't go wrong. The mussels appetizer or the pommes frite with tarragon dipping sauce are a great start to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BastonejodieDined on 10/15/2014The restaurant, which I've been to before, was nice. The Caesar salad with salmon was okay, nothing special, even though the hostess said it was to die for. The food was worse than the last time we were there. Our server was excellent, very attentive and he paid special attention to the "birthday girl", which was nice. He did a good job with a rather big group (12). There was a live band that started playing after we'd been there a while. They were good, but they were TOO LOUD! We could barely hear our conversations; we definitely could not hear from anyone at the opposite ends of our tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014It was a first date for me and my friend. We had a very nice time, food was good, service very good. Everyone was very friendly. I enjoyed myself and would recommend Bastone Brewery to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To many fries!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Atmosphere, beverages all good. Fries, burger and fish greasy.Special Features:
- Loved the beer and ambienceBonesGirlDined on 10/10/2014We brought out of town relatives here for the beer- they love doing flights and trying new things. Overall, the ambience was fantastic and we had a great time. The food was nothing special- I was expecting a little better given the menu. I had the vegetarian pizza- very few veggies, not quite up to par. Still, it was edible, came quickly, and the beer was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindrienceVIPDined on 10/8/2014Been in Detroit past 6 weeks for work. & dining experience was well worth 30 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & friendlyKozmoKateVIPDined on 10/3/2014We've been here many times, but the Oktoberfest menu email was the purpose for our visit. I looked forward to the Chicken Paprish but at 8 pm on Friday night it was already sold out, I settled for the Lobster Mac & Cheese which is usually outstanding but seemed a bit bland last night. My husband had the Baked White Onion Soup, and the German Chocolate Sour Cream Cake from the Oktoberfest menu...both were awesome and would be great additions to the ongoing menu. He also had the Sauerbraten..ok but the flavor was quite different than other sauerbraten he's had. I also had the Green Salad from the regular menu with candied pecans and poached pears,,,,a real winner. Great evening, great atmosphere, great food...we'll continue to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaDiningDivaDined on 9/30/2014The kitchen made my special request for a pizza toppings that was not on the menu with no hassles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Jeff was our server and he was awesome ! Me and my fiancée both ordered the burger and it was delicious ! I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Hot & ColdillneveremembermynicknameDined on 9/27/2014Had the leek and potato soup. It was great! I should have ordered a second bowl. The flourless chocolate cake has been my favorite for several years now. Worth the trip just for that. Temperature in the restaurant was way too cold, though. I could have worn a jacket inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding and service was above par. Great beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Good Atmosphere and excellent service. Food was reasonably priced and very good. It also came out in a timely fashion. Booths were intimate and noise level was not bad, considering the Bar was right nearby. We would go there again.
- Great for groupsSpencerGDined on 9/11/2014A combination of great location and good food makes this place great for groups. Reservations were easy to get and the dinner was enjoyable.Special Features:
- A very happy birthday celebration!dja17chaosDined on 9/7/2014We had a group of eight in for a late birthday lunch for my Dad! We sat outside and it was absolutely beautiful! Our server was Brian B. and his service was exceptional, he took fabulous care of our entire group! Everything out of the kitchen was delicious and perfectly prepared! We tried all the beers offered and enjoyed all of them! Outstanding on all aspects of our meal, service and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibeKMDelDined on 8/14/2014The pizza and burgers are very good. The service is extremely fast here. It was decently busy and our food did not take long at all. Also, they make great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer, Food Tries Too HardOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/12/2014The bar food here--the pizza, the burgers, etc.--are alright. However, my steak was overcooked, and my wife had almost no lobster on her lobster mac and cheese. Bastone would do well to eliminate anything trying to masquerade as classy (e.g., the steaks, the seafood, etc).Special Features:
- BastoneDebbyDined on 8/11/2014Excellent restaurant....love the "garage doors" for exposing the restaurant to the outside...Special Features:
- Great place!rnltxVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fun atmosphere, excellent food, wonderful service. Not disappointed the second time here. We'll be back!
- A GemHerschDined on 7/30/2014We found the restaurant to be excellent. The food and service was excellent. The noise level was a little high, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 157 reviews are from the Bastone Brewery reviews archive.
- LouieDined on 7/26/2014Good restaurant ... Ran out of dessert and it not have a wheat beer .. Or the waitress didn't know what I was talking aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for medinner57Dined on 7/26/2014I didn't fine this place to be anything more than ok. I've eaten lunch there and dinner; I liked lunch better. I'd go again but it isn't a favorite.Special Features:
- Always Great But...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Typically it's one of my favorite spots for dinner in RO. Unfortunately I order the pork and it was very fatty. I'm not one to send things back so I picked around it. Should have order something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!rnltxVIPDined on 6/28/2014Surprised by how good the food is - but be warned, this is not for you if you are on a diet! Excellent service & some nice choices for beer!Special Features:
- GoodMikeDined on 6/26/2014Had fish n chips and pilsner, all good. Maybe more fish and less fries would be good.Special Features: