60 W Timonium Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastapastamd.com/
- Phone: 4103080838
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday 11am-10PM Friday, Saturday 11am-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Basta Pasta
For years, Basta Pasta had established itself as a cornerstone for diners in Harford County. We are now bringing the experience closer to the Baltimore Metro area in Timonium . You can enjoy a memorable dining experience in any of our 6 intimate dining rooms . We feature hearty, traditional regional Italian cousine. Abundance of options and generous portions of Pasta, Seafood, Veal, Steaks and hand tossed Pizza. Private dining is available for parties up to 70 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Basta Pasta - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Basta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (18)special occasion (17)romantic (9)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Okay, I prefer Olive GardenReed123Dined on 8/24/2014Large portions, pasta sauce was tasteless but looked appealing. Waitress seemed disturbed that we were there, maybe this was because the Maryland State Fair was going on and business was very slow
- Great CrabcakesLiz1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Basta Pasta in Timonium is one of my favorite places for crab cakes! They were delicious, as always.
- Happy Birthday with familyBaltoDocDined on 8/16/2014Chose Basta Pasta for a family birthday dinner, with 14 of us. Eight adults and five children, ranging in age from 9 down to a babe in arms. Wait staff was patient with the kids and accommodated their tastes, adults were happy, pace was good, and they had a room where our crowd did not bother anyone else, and the kids could get up and walk around the table without bumping into others. And my birthday dessert was good, too! Good choice!Special Features:
- MollynmelDined on 8/15/2014Went On a Friday night restaurant week game on in bar. Good crowd. Food choices good but not able to get a salad in place of appetizer choice # 1. Would like to see offerings on r-week menu on regular menu. Chesapeake degrassi was very good. As was 4 cheese penne pasta. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't disappoint!lovrofpstaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Eating here twice within a week.... did not disappoint! I tried a new dish, other than my two usual favs, and it was outstanding once again! A dining companion got the seafood pizza and I know my next decision! it looked FANTASTIC! must give props to our waiter who was THE BEST one we ever had! I left the receipt there and forgot his name, but he was by far the best we have had at B.P. We spent a long while there with friends and NEVER felt rushed!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014too many choices on this form, and can't find appropriate choices on this rating form. I would just like to say I love it. brought 2 people who have never been there before and they loved it also. so, 3 people there and 6 thumbs up
- volunteerDined on 8/6/2014We went for the crabcakes, which we heard were outstanding, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter, Huntley, was attentive, personable, and professional. We will definitely go back to try some of their other yummy-sounding menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.LuvBPDined on 8/5/2014As Always the food and staff were terrific. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodchocolatemajDined on 8/4/2014The food has always been excellent and is well worth the trip and the price.Special Features:
- 2nd time experienceSeascout58Dined on 7/13/2014The salad was very good, but the Egg Plan Parm. could have used more sauce and was somewhat dry. Service was very good with a waiter who was very attentive. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/old decorStacyO123456Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located in the building that used to house a Steak & Ale. They have an entirely different menu, and our party of 7 ordered various types of food. All of the dishes were well made, and a good size. The only drawback was the decor. It is old and dark, and not at all like that of an italian (or a seafood) restaurant. Perhaps just modifying the light fixtures and updating the bulb types would suffice. As a group, we would recommend the crab cake, teh tilapia, and teh wild rockfish.Special Features:
- DINING OUTmacy1Dined on 7/11/2014the chicken parm was excellent. several of us had the crabcake. (very bland) no seasoning. the clams and spaghetti was very good, and a nice size portion. overall we enjoyed the evening. waitress was excellent. very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Basta Pasta has amazing Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Seafood Marinara - and the family-style salad that comes with every entree is one of the best salads ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't disappointlovrofpstaVIPDined on 7/3/2014thought B.P. would not be busy... holiday weekend, big thunderstorm just ended, so we ventured to one of our favorite haunts! BUSY...BUSY...but service was great... food, always delicious...came out hot. waiter overworked, but kept close watch on us and was attentive...Great meal as always... Eggplant Parm is the best!... when it is not crabcake night!Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014The young gentleman who was our waiter was extremely attentive & pleasant. When we had a question about what debit/credit cards we could use, he had his boss(I assume) to explain everyhing to us. We really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lot of foodRouxVIPDined on 6/29/2014Lots of food, but somewhat tasteless.salad was good and fresh.good service
- BetterMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Although not as good as I remeber it being about a year ago, the restaurant's food was certainly better this time than a few weeks ago.Special Features:
- great crab cakeslovrofpstaVIPDined on 6/17/2014One of our usual haunts on a Tuesday night...crab cake night. Can't beat the deal! We always request a corner table due to husband' wheelchair. and through Open Table, are always accommodated. Staff is attentive yet not overbearing. Special requests are met with a smile.Special Features:
- consistent and interestingAmerzDined on 6/14/2014The menu has so many choices that we have trouble picking just one thing. The food was terrific! Must have a reservation--or you can wait for an hour.Special Features:
- DisappointedMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been coming to Basta Pasta for many years. This was my worst experience at this restaurant. My disappointment was in the food. I ususally enjoy the pasta. This particular night there really wasn't anything good about it. I order linguini pinola, which did not have any pine nuts in the dish and the dish contained three small pieces of broccoli. the entire dish had no taste. Not a good evening.
- JUST GOOD FOODROBYDined on 5/16/2014THEY SHOULS UPDATE THEIR AMBIENCE TIME FOR A MAKE UPSpecial Features:
- Mother's DayHappyMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014The staff did a wonderful job and made everything enjoyable. I just didnt take my own advise. When in a Steak House or Steak. I was at a pasta speciality restr. and ordered fish. Wife's & kids Pasta was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- PHENOMENALTheBombDined on 5/11/2014This was an awesome experience and I look forward to visiting soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very satisfying meal!TabbyHillDined on 5/11/2014Basta Pasta has become our "go to" place when we want to be sure of getting tasty food, good service and a pleasant environment. There is something on the menu to please everyone and they are extremely sensitive to the needs of the senior citizens in our party. We have been there 3 or 4 times in the past year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Skip the appetizers and maybe moreJohnDined on 5/10/2014I've dined here twice and both times loved the food. The place is big so it's great for bringing a large family or group of friends. The first time the service was great. This past time I believe we had a busy waitress so we waited a lot longer than desirable. My main concern is the cost of the appetizers. The coconut shrimp was 5 shrimp for $10. They were clearly frozen and just dumped in a fryer. The appetizer costs are inflated and cost almost as much as the meals. While the marinara sauce and salad dressing are one of a kind I'm not sure I would patron this place again. I googled the place and was unhappy about what I found regarding its owner who by the way is very unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Basta Pasta reviews archive.
- Very SatisfyingPizzaPete3Dined on 4/30/2014Always something new and ever reliable for a great meal.Special Features:
- MiriamMiriamDined on 4/26/2014One can always count on Basta Pasta, since our original dinner plans were derailed. In any event, the food was very good (as usual) and our server seemed a bit inexperienced and didn't get our drink order correct the first time, but no harm. Otherwise, it was a great night and the place was rocking and busy. The restaurant is our "go to" place and the staff are always accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Good, including Seafood!OwenDined on 4/26/2014They somehow lost my OpenTable reservation despite me having called the prior day to confirm. Still no problem being seated on a Saturday evening. Love the family-style salad and bread sticks. You would expect the Italian food to be on-target, and it was. The surprise may be that the quality of their seafood - especially crab items - matches other local restaurants specifically known for such fare. Example: the crab toast appetizer is to die for! My wife is VERY picky about crab cakes and she rates these as some of the best. Service was friendly and attentive. We visit there regularly and WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014One of my favorite local Italian restaurants! Great food and service. We will come back often.Special Features:
- Lukewarm teaSusieDined on 4/17/2014the only problem I encountered was the water for my hot tea was not "hot" but lukewarm. I requested "hot" water which was brought immediately--but it, too, was not hot enough to sttep a tea bag! Otherwise, all fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistantZumbaluvDined on 4/6/2014I've been to Basta Pasta when the food was excellent; especially the salad. Recently, it's only been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large but not noisy.HungryDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I go here at least twice per month. The food is excellent but not as expensive as a lot of the restaurants around Town. It can accommodate large groups with a little advanced planning very easily because it is such a large place. We have Never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDiningdivaVIPDined on 4/4/2014I really like that Basta Pasta has several dining spaces so that you can actually have a conversation. Aside from that the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Nightly SpecialsBaltoman45VIPDined on 4/1/2014This place has great nightly specials. Tuesdays are the best. The double crabcake dinner is a great deal and the crabcake are mostly meat; very little filler. Go early though as it fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are a must!!AmerzDined on 3/22/2014When you have friends that want great food and are not willing to wait: this is the place!Special Features:
- Dinner at BPNLJF4VIPDined on 3/19/2014Our service by Kim, the food, and the caring by the manager was impressive. My wife, with a gluten sensitivity, brought the manager over to warn her that the crab cake does have some bread within. Impressive!Special Features:
- Food was good, perhaps a littleSammeDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, perhaps a little better than that. Waitress tried hard but could not keep up. Noise level was ridiculous. Your survey does not leave room for anything close to nea negative noise level, but that is the reason I may not go back.
- Good meat great serviceWillieRayDined on 3/15/2014We had a tapas meal with the 2 of us sharing 3 appetizers. Service and ambiance as just great. Mini crab cakes were fabulous; caprese was very good but balsamic drizzle was weak and the bruschetta was also good but the toast was a mini loaf baked (only end slices were toasted, inside was warm soft bread)Special Features:
- Lemon Meringue PieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The meringue on the lemon meringue pie flopped and was only about 2mm thick but was served to us anyway. It was a disappointment. The rock fish was very good and the servers were very efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Surprise is.....no surprises!SharonVIPDined on 3/10/2014We love Basta Pasta for just that reason. The food is consistently great. The staff is consistently efficient and friendly. The ambiance is consistently pleasant. We can feel confident entertaining guests there - especially those out of towners who want a "real" crab cake. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.