60 W Timonium Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastapastamd.com/
- Phone: (410) 308-0838
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday 11am-10PM Friday, Saturday 11am-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Basta Pasta
For years, Basta Pasta had established itself as a cornerstone for diners in Harford County. We are now bringing the experience closer to the Baltimore Metro area in Timonium . You can enjoy a memorable dining experience in any of our 6 intimate dining rooms . We feature hearty, traditional regional Italian cousine. Abundance of options and generous portions of Pasta, Seafood, Veal, Steaks and hand tossed Pizza. Private dining is available for parties up to 70 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Basta Pasta - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Basta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (24)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (20)great for lunch (18)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Consistently good foodFifiDined on 11/23/2014We always have a good, hearty meal here. Portions are large. Fettuccini pesto with chicken and veal parm were standouts. Dishes were priced appropriately. Unlimited salad and bread sticks. Waitress was warm and friendly. Service was very good - we were not rushed through our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nuggetVIPDined on 11/9/2014our go-to place for a casual dinner during the week or on Sunday night. You know just what to expect. Ample portions. Excellent service. Good food. We've introduced many friends and we keep going back.Special Features:
- jraphiVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was OK. The place is OK; I was expecting more of a razzle dazzle.Special Features:
- sammiSammiDined on 11/8/2014Very enjoyable evening, good food, and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good, but not great2di4Dined on 11/7/2014Basta Pasta is a good, decent neighborhood restaurant. Their Italian food and crabcakes are very good. There are lots of different rooms which makes the dining experience more private for groups.Special Features:
- seafood pizza! New favelovrofpstaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We visit about 2 - 3 times a month...Timonium location (big difference between here and Fallston... especially in service!.... Timonium is consistent and good...Fallston location, bad service on the 3 times we have gone there). Tried the seafood pizza .. OMG !!!~ I may have to stop getting the best eggplant parm in Baltimore (here) and sometimes get the seafood pizza.... LOADED with seafood.... Salad was separate, but I love it and paid the extra 6.95 for salad... YummySpecial Features:
- Not as goodFritzieDined on 10/24/2014Have been here several times so expected a decent dinner. Disappointed with the light and healthy dish that was way too oily had to send it back. Hope they can do better next time. Salad was great and service was also.Special Features:
- Very nice mealWillieRayDined on 10/24/2014Great crab balls. We typically do tapas style for the 2 of us. Bruschetta is very good but the bread needs cut thru and baked longer. The basic caprese is also very good but ask for the balsamic drizzle to be added. Our service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, Good Food and Well PricedmyfavoritethingsDined on 10/11/2014Reliable food and service.....you know what you're getting here and they don't let you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Little ItalyGirlsNightOutVIPDined on 10/8/2014Basta Pasta is a family favorite - we'd rather eat there than any of the restaurants in Little Italy. Their salad is awesome (served family-style and included with every entree) and our family favorites of shrimp fra diavolo and seafood marinara are always tasty!Special Features:
- Crab cake nightMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 10/7/2014Tuesday is crab cake night at Basta Pasta. Because of it the restaurant is fairly busy. The crab cakes are definitely a bargain and also tasty. I was there with a group and we were able to talk to each other easily. The pasta is also very good and enough for more than one meal.Special Features:
- Great Timonium DiningfoodgroupieDined on 9/30/2014Basta Pasta is a great restaurant with an extensive menu and a pleasant atmosphere. It specializes in Italian entrees but has many seafood choices. Don't miss their crab cakes- they are excellent. They have a special on Tuesdays - 2 big lump crab cakes for the $21. The chicken topped with lump crabmeat is also to die for. Service is always friendly and efficient. Best of all, when other restaurants in the area have a 45 minute wait, Basta Pasta will get you seated and fed right away.Special Features:
- Good EatsLindasGoodEats4Dined on 9/28/2014Very nice place to dine. Easy location, good food, pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsOccasion4DinnerDined on 9/27/2014Came here to celebrate my anniversary and the food was amazing and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many great choiceAmerzDined on 9/27/2014We are always happy to have a reservation for Saturday night. We were seated in one of the smartly designed side rooms. The bad part was the big table was set for a large group and we ate alone. It was like the restaurant was empty!! Our server was so nice and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Great food and generous portionsSeanandMelissaDined on 9/19/2014Have been going here for a few years now and we are never disappointed. The portion sizes are very generous, and the menu is extremely varied. The place is huge, so getting a table is hardly ever an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was great. But....mabeyDined on 9/19/2014Well our waiter was great food was ok. Another waitress each time she would walk by would knock into me very rudely pretty hard aswell it happened at least 5 times. It was pretty hard for me to keep my cool.
- Out to eat.1stDateDined on 9/18/2014I had dinner with a long lost friend. It's been a while since I've eaten out, I'm shy and people make me feel weird lol. But the environment was quite pleasant. I was very comfortable and satisfied with the service. Now me and my new old friend ;) have a place to dine from time to time that's close and near by when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterNot2DemandingDined on 9/16/2014This experience started out on rocky ground as the maître d' almost accused me of lying about having a reservation (booked through Open Table). After I offered to show him the confirmation on my iPhone he looked at his monitor and "found" the reservation. My companion and I ordered the crab cake special advertised as 2 "colossal" lump crab cakes. What we received were two mostly bread balls with a few lumps of crab thrown in. We told the waitress and she condescendingly told us that the cakes are mixed in a large tub and they probably just scooped up a batch of bread without knowing. We sent them back and requested broiled salmon instead. There was not adjustment on the bill and we were charged full price. We won't go back!
- $ great dinnersfriendsdiningDined on 9/14/2014Four different dinners, all with special requests. All came correctly plated and the never ending salad (also with special requests) was abundant and delicious. The gluten free diner ate gluten free pasta whidh was done just right. It was a delicious evening with an attentive staff.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, Casual, ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a very reliable and comfortable place with very good food. There are a variety of good choices at different price levels plus the salad is delicious and refillable upon request. The crab cakes are lumpy and tasty, and the pasta dishes are always a good choice, too. Fish dishes are also good choices especially the salmon and special of the day. It is hard to go wrong here. The staff is usually friendly and responsive. We have enjoyed lunch and dinner and plan to return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDiningdivaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent salad and breadsticks served family style. Excellent crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service terrific as well as foodlovrofpstaVIPDined on 9/9/2014We meet friends here about 3 times a month... food is great, consistent, good value... salad bowl is worth looking forward to each time! But this time I want to write about the service. TERRIFIC! We had been seated and ordered and a large table of women, maybe 20 were celebrating a birthday and were arriving.. it was VERY loud.. We asked to be moved.. even after having drinks delivered. No problem..both the waiter originally assigned to us and the floor manager took VERY GOOD care of us..even though we were in a different room. Always LOVE the food and write about food..but the service here is terrific! They really work as a team to make sure you have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good.AmerzDined on 9/6/2014We ate here the week before, but there are so many great menu choices that we were glad to come back. We really appreciate Basta Pasta takes reservations and honors them. Love the salad!Special Features:
- In the mood for Italian?AmerzDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is always wonderful. I love the food and the service. I also appreciate that they take reservations. Consistent and delicious.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantBonnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have never had a bad meal here! Try the crabcakes. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Okay, I prefer Olive GardenReed123Dined on 8/24/2014Large portions, pasta sauce was tasteless but looked appealing. Waitress seemed disturbed that we were there, maybe this was because the Maryland State Fair was going on and business was very slow
- Great CrabcakesLiz1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Basta Pasta in Timonium is one of my favorite places for crab cakes! They were delicious, as always.
- Happy Birthday with familyBaltoDocDined on 8/16/2014Chose Basta Pasta for a family birthday dinner, with 14 of us. Eight adults and five children, ranging in age from 9 down to a babe in arms. Wait staff was patient with the kids and accommodated their tastes, adults were happy, pace was good, and they had a room where our crowd did not bother anyone else, and the kids could get up and walk around the table without bumping into others. And my birthday dessert was good, too! Good choice!Special Features:
- MollynmelDined on 8/15/2014Went On a Friday night restaurant week game on in bar. Good crowd. Food choices good but not able to get a salad in place of appetizer choice # 1. Would like to see offerings on r-week menu on regular menu. Chesapeake degrassi was very good. As was 4 cheese penne pasta. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't disappoint!lovrofpstaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Eating here twice within a week.... did not disappoint! I tried a new dish, other than my two usual favs, and it was outstanding once again! A dining companion got the seafood pizza and I know my next decision! it looked FANTASTIC! must give props to our waiter who was THE BEST one we ever had! I left the receipt there and forgot his name, but he was by far the best we have had at B.P. We spent a long while there with friends and NEVER felt rushed!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014too many choices on this form, and can't find appropriate choices on this rating form. I would just like to say I love it. brought 2 people who have never been there before and they loved it also. so, 3 people there and 6 thumbs up
- volunteerDined on 8/6/2014We went for the crabcakes, which we heard were outstanding, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter, Huntley, was attentive, personable, and professional. We will definitely go back to try some of their other yummy-sounding menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.LuvBPDined on 8/5/2014As Always the food and staff were terrific. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodchocolatemajDined on 8/4/2014The food has always been excellent and is well worth the trip and the price.Special Features:
- The following 265 reviews are from the Basta Pasta reviews archive.
- 2nd time experienceSeascout58Dined on 7/13/2014The salad was very good, but the Egg Plan Parm. could have used more sauce and was somewhat dry. Service was very good with a waiter who was very attentive. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/old decorStacyO123456Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located in the building that used to house a Steak & Ale. They have an entirely different menu, and our party of 7 ordered various types of food. All of the dishes were well made, and a good size. The only drawback was the decor. It is old and dark, and not at all like that of an italian (or a seafood) restaurant. Perhaps just modifying the light fixtures and updating the bulb types would suffice. As a group, we would recommend the crab cake, teh tilapia, and teh wild rockfish.Special Features:
- DINING OUTmacy1Dined on 7/11/2014the chicken parm was excellent. several of us had the crabcake. (very bland) no seasoning. the clams and spaghetti was very good, and a nice size portion. overall we enjoyed the evening. waitress was excellent. very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Basta Pasta has amazing Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Seafood Marinara - and the family-style salad that comes with every entree is one of the best salads ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't disappointlovrofpstaVIPDined on 7/3/2014thought B.P. would not be busy... holiday weekend, big thunderstorm just ended, so we ventured to one of our favorite haunts! BUSY...BUSY...but service was great... food, always delicious...came out hot. waiter overworked, but kept close watch on us and was attentive...Great meal as always... Eggplant Parm is the best!... when it is not crabcake night!Special Features: