60 W Timonium Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bastapastamd.com/
- Phone: 4103080838
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday 11am-10PM Friday, Saturday 11am-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Basta Pasta
For years, Basta Pasta had established itself as a cornerstone for diners in Harford County. We are now bringing the experience closer to the Baltimore Metro area in Timonium . You can enjoy a memorable dining experience in any of our 6 intimate dining rooms . We feature hearty, traditional regional Italian cousine. Abundance of options and generous portions of Pasta, Seafood, Veal, Steaks and hand tossed Pizza. Private dining is available for parties up to 70 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Basta Pasta - Best Restaurants in Timonium ›
Basta Pasta reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (20)special occasion (19)romantic (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Very nice place to dine. Easy location, good food, pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Came here to celebrate my anniversary and the food was amazing and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many great choiceAmerzDined on 9/27/2014We are always happy to have a reservation for Saturday night. We were seated in one of the smartly designed side rooms. The bad part was the big table was set for a large group and we ate alone. It was like the restaurant was empty!! Our server was so nice and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- Great food and generous portionsSeanandMelissaDined on 9/19/2014Have been going here for a few years now and we are never disappointed. The portion sizes are very generous, and the menu is extremely varied. The place is huge, so getting a table is hardly ever an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was great. But....mabeyDined on 9/19/2014Well our waiter was great food was ok. Another waitress each time she would walk by would knock into me very rudely pretty hard aswell it happened at least 5 times. It was pretty hard for me to keep my cool.
- Out to eat.1stDateDined on 9/18/2014I had dinner with a long lost friend. It's been a while since I've eaten out, I'm shy and people make me feel weird lol. But the environment was quite pleasant. I was very comfortable and satisfied with the service. Now me and my new old friend ;) have a place to dine from time to time that's close and near by when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterNot2DemandingDined on 9/16/2014This experience started out on rocky ground as the maître d' almost accused me of lying about having a reservation (booked through Open Table). After I offered to show him the confirmation on my iPhone he looked at his monitor and "found" the reservation. My companion and I ordered the crab cake special advertised as 2 "colossal" lump crab cakes. What we received were two mostly bread balls with a few lumps of crab thrown in. We told the waitress and she condescendingly told us that the cakes are mixed in a large tub and they probably just scooped up a batch of bread without knowing. We sent them back and requested broiled salmon instead. There was not adjustment on the bill and we were charged full price. We won't go back!
- $ great dinnersfriendsdiningDined on 9/14/2014Four different dinners, all with special requests. All came correctly plated and the never ending salad (also with special requests) was abundant and delicious. The gluten free diner ate gluten free pasta whidh was done just right. It was a delicious evening with an attentive staff.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, Casual, ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a very reliable and comfortable place with very good food. There are a variety of good choices at different price levels plus the salad is delicious and refillable upon request. The crab cakes are lumpy and tasty, and the pasta dishes are always a good choice, too. Fish dishes are also good choices especially the salmon and special of the day. It is hard to go wrong here. The staff is usually friendly and responsive. We have enjoyed lunch and dinner and plan to return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDiningdivaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent salad and breadsticks served family style. Excellent crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service terrific as well as foodlovrofpstaVIPDined on 9/9/2014We meet friends here about 3 times a month... food is great, consistent, good value... salad bowl is worth looking forward to each time! But this time I want to write about the service. TERRIFIC! We had been seated and ordered and a large table of women, maybe 20 were celebrating a birthday and were arriving.. it was VERY loud.. We asked to be moved.. even after having drinks delivered. No problem..both the waiter originally assigned to us and the floor manager took VERY GOOD care of us..even though we were in a different room. Always LOVE the food and write about food..but the service here is terrific! They really work as a team to make sure you have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good.AmerzDined on 9/6/2014We ate here the week before, but there are so many great menu choices that we were glad to come back. We really appreciate Basta Pasta takes reservations and honors them. Love the salad!Special Features:
- In the mood for Italian?AmerzDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is always wonderful. I love the food and the service. I also appreciate that they take reservations. Consistent and delicious.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantBonnieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have never had a bad meal here! Try the crabcakes. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Okay, I prefer Olive GardenReed123Dined on 8/24/2014Large portions, pasta sauce was tasteless but looked appealing. Waitress seemed disturbed that we were there, maybe this was because the Maryland State Fair was going on and business was very slow
- Great CrabcakesLiz1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Basta Pasta in Timonium is one of my favorite places for crab cakes! They were delicious, as always.
- Happy Birthday with familyBaltoDocDined on 8/16/2014Chose Basta Pasta for a family birthday dinner, with 14 of us. Eight adults and five children, ranging in age from 9 down to a babe in arms. Wait staff was patient with the kids and accommodated their tastes, adults were happy, pace was good, and they had a room where our crowd did not bother anyone else, and the kids could get up and walk around the table without bumping into others. And my birthday dessert was good, too! Good choice!Special Features:
- MollynmelDined on 8/15/2014Went On a Friday night restaurant week game on in bar. Good crowd. Food choices good but not able to get a salad in place of appetizer choice # 1. Would like to see offerings on r-week menu on regular menu. Chesapeake degrassi was very good. As was 4 cheese penne pasta. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't disappoint!lovrofpstaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Eating here twice within a week.... did not disappoint! I tried a new dish, other than my two usual favs, and it was outstanding once again! A dining companion got the seafood pizza and I know my next decision! it looked FANTASTIC! must give props to our waiter who was THE BEST one we ever had! I left the receipt there and forgot his name, but he was by far the best we have had at B.P. We spent a long while there with friends and NEVER felt rushed!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014too many choices on this form, and can't find appropriate choices on this rating form. I would just like to say I love it. brought 2 people who have never been there before and they loved it also. so, 3 people there and 6 thumbs up
- volunteerDined on 8/6/2014We went for the crabcakes, which we heard were outstanding, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter, Huntley, was attentive, personable, and professional. We will definitely go back to try some of their other yummy-sounding menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.LuvBPDined on 8/5/2014As Always the food and staff were terrific. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodchocolatemajDined on 8/4/2014The food has always been excellent and is well worth the trip and the price.Special Features:
- 2nd time experienceSeascout58Dined on 7/13/2014The salad was very good, but the Egg Plan Parm. could have used more sauce and was somewhat dry. Service was very good with a waiter who was very attentive. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/old decorStacyO123456Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is located in the building that used to house a Steak & Ale. They have an entirely different menu, and our party of 7 ordered various types of food. All of the dishes were well made, and a good size. The only drawback was the decor. It is old and dark, and not at all like that of an italian (or a seafood) restaurant. Perhaps just modifying the light fixtures and updating the bulb types would suffice. As a group, we would recommend the crab cake, teh tilapia, and teh wild rockfish.Special Features:
- DINING OUTmacy1Dined on 7/11/2014the chicken parm was excellent. several of us had the crabcake. (very bland) no seasoning. the clams and spaghetti was very good, and a nice size portion. overall we enjoyed the evening. waitress was excellent. very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!GirlsNightOutVIPDined on 7/3/2014Basta Pasta has amazing Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Seafood Marinara - and the family-style salad that comes with every entree is one of the best salads ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't disappointlovrofpstaVIPDined on 7/3/2014thought B.P. would not be busy... holiday weekend, big thunderstorm just ended, so we ventured to one of our favorite haunts! BUSY...BUSY...but service was great... food, always delicious...came out hot. waiter overworked, but kept close watch on us and was attentive...Great meal as always... Eggplant Parm is the best!... when it is not crabcake night!Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014The young gentleman who was our waiter was extremely attentive & pleasant. When we had a question about what debit/credit cards we could use, he had his boss(I assume) to explain everyhing to us. We really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lot of foodRouxVIPDined on 6/29/2014Lots of food, but somewhat tasteless.salad was good and fresh.good service
- BetterMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Although not as good as I remeber it being about a year ago, the restaurant's food was certainly better this time than a few weeks ago.Special Features:
- great crab cakeslovrofpstaVIPDined on 6/17/2014One of our usual haunts on a Tuesday night...crab cake night. Can't beat the deal! We always request a corner table due to husband' wheelchair. and through Open Table, are always accommodated. Staff is attentive yet not overbearing. Special requests are met with a smile.Special Features:
- consistent and interestingAmerzDined on 6/14/2014The menu has so many choices that we have trouble picking just one thing. The food was terrific! Must have a reservation--or you can wait for an hour.Special Features:
- The following 255 reviews are from the Basta Pasta reviews archive.
- DisappointedMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have been coming to Basta Pasta for many years. This was my worst experience at this restaurant. My disappointment was in the food. I ususally enjoy the pasta. This particular night there really wasn't anything good about it. I order linguini pinola, which did not have any pine nuts in the dish and the dish contained three small pieces of broccoli. the entire dish had no taste. Not a good evening.
- JUST GOOD FOODROBYDined on 5/16/2014THEY SHOULS UPDATE THEIR AMBIENCE TIME FOR A MAKE UPSpecial Features:
- Mother's DayHappyMothersDayDined on 5/11/2014The staff did a wonderful job and made everything enjoyable. I just didnt take my own advise. When in a Steak House or Steak. I was at a pasta speciality restr. and ordered fish. Wife's & kids Pasta was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- PHENOMENALTheBombDined on 5/11/2014This was an awesome experience and I look forward to visiting soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very satisfying meal!TabbyHillDined on 5/11/2014Basta Pasta has become our "go to" place when we want to be sure of getting tasty food, good service and a pleasant environment. There is something on the menu to please everyone and they are extremely sensitive to the needs of the senior citizens in our party. We have been there 3 or 4 times in the past year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Skip the appetizers and maybe moreJohnDined on 5/10/2014I've dined here twice and both times loved the food. The place is big so it's great for bringing a large family or group of friends. The first time the service was great. This past time I believe we had a busy waitress so we waited a lot longer than desirable. My main concern is the cost of the appetizers. The coconut shrimp was 5 shrimp for $10. They were clearly frozen and just dumped in a fryer. The appetizer costs are inflated and cost almost as much as the meals. While the marinara sauce and salad dressing are one of a kind I'm not sure I would patron this place again. I googled the place and was unhappy about what I found regarding its owner who by the way is very unfriendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfyingPizzaPete3Dined on 4/30/2014Always something new and ever reliable for a great meal.Special Features: