Bass Street Chop House
1601 River Drive
Moline, IL 61265Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bass Street Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bschouse.com/
- Phone: 3097624700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Douglas Lear
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is offered from small intimate dinners to full service weddings and special events. Personalized menu planning from our culinary staff for all functions. Contact Ronda Whitcanack for details. 309-762-4700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Piano Player with Sunday Brunch.
A word from Bass Street Chop House
Bass Street Chop House, located in Moline, Illinois, is a prime steakhouse featuring the finest cuts of hand-selected U.S.D.A. prime and choice dry aged cuts of meat and jet-fresh seafood. Bass Street provides casually elegant fine dining that is complemented by the best-tasting steaks, chops and seafood, skillfully served 7 nights a week. Bass Street Chop House offers the Quad Cities, private dining spaces for special events, outdoor patio and a full service bar. The Chop Bar offers signature cocktails, extensive wine and single malt scotch collection, as well as a light bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bass Street Chop House - Best Restaurants in Moline, IL ›
Bass Street Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (37)romantic (36)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great find in the Quads!ViolaladyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was traveling through Bettendorf and wanted a good steak dinner. Bass Street can compare with any major steak house in the country. Choices for Prime, American Kobe and Choice steaks made my mouth water even before ordering. I chose a prime Delmonico which was served perfectly done. Salad was on a cold plate - my choice of side was asparagus. This was the only disappointing thing in the meal - the stalks were thick, woody and raw. Extensive wine list and great coffee and dessert round out the meal. Some people say this is a pricy place -- but for food of this quality the prices are in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014While the food was decent, it was much to expensive for what we got. My husband had the $18.95 Prime Rib Sandwich and the meat was not even 1/4" thick. My $14.95 burger was good, but again much too pricey. If we hadn't had a coupon for one of the sandwiches for free, two sandwiches, one glass of wine and one beer would have cost almost $50, plus tip.Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth itluvswineDined on 8/23/2014Most entrees were very expensive, but did include a salad which was nice. Service was excellent. I'd come back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Bass St Chop HouseZecaocDined on 8/23/2014Decent food but definitely not as good as last visit. Waiter didn't inform us that pasta special was unavailable until we ordered it. Also normal asparagus used for appetizer wasn't available but they comped that for us. Waiter did not seem very experienced. He asked twice if we wanted dessert or cocktails after he already brought us some. Not bad service or food but for the price range I would expect more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Our group usually gets a table in the bar once a month. On the open table site I was aware of how to indicate that so we ended up in the dining room. It turned out fine and I did find out I just need to put a note along with my reservationSpecial Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Had a restaurant.com discount to use with a minimum $50.00 purchase. Decided on Bass Street Chop House for husband's birthday dinner, something we wouldn't do, but was reasonable with the discount. Sticker shock on the menu, portions, and how the meals were cooked. Husband's seafood was overcooked and some tastless, chewy or fishy tasting. While my salmon was fabulous, the portion was lacking. At payment time, the fine print was pointed out..."not valid for use on Friday." You got it...we went on Friday. Billed $78 for unsatisfactory meal. While server was VERY efficient and did a great job, we will not be returning to the Chop House.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGinoDined on 8/16/2014We are not "regulars" and were very pleased to be congratulated by many of the staff for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best this timeMoreBeefPleaseDined on 8/16/2014I have always had a good experience at bass street but they dropped the ball this time. Had a reservation for 7 bit didn't get seated untill 7:30 and they tried to put me in the bar area. Waitress was rude pretty much the whole time then the cooks over cooked my wife's steak by 2 levels and over cooked mine by at least 1. They did take my wife's steak off the bill, but only because I didn't have time to wait for a new steak because I had already been there well over an hour and a half. I think I still like the place as I am a relatively frequent customer, but I could be pushed away if this level of service continues.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicemmmgoodDined on 8/13/2014The service is excellent. Our server really listened to what we wanted and had great suggestions! Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Chicago family outingcandgdinersDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was awful. She seemed annoyed to be waiting on us and forgot the Lobster Tail we ordered. My son's steak had to be sent back twice. Very disappointed since we brought our son and soon to be daughter-in-law. We always love BSCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personalized CelebrationsejjVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our group of 14 was celebrating two 80th birthdays. The staff was helpful in advance, helping to suggest menu choices that were typed up on souvenir menus with a heading about the event purpose, date, etc. We were welcomed, escorted to a private dining area, and were well-served throughout the evening. The food was delicious, wine suggestions excellent, and we had a wonderful time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL CHICKENJCHETZDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the chicken and it was exceptional panfried and done just perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandmapoppaDined on 8/2/2014From the time we entered the two ladies in front were great, the waitress was above great all night, food was a home run steak, salmon with all the fixings to go with, drinks great, dont ever change, beats Johnnys hands down, thanks for the flowers at the table great touch..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulbellekwDined on 7/26/2014As always when I visit Bass Street, I was impressed. The service is friendly and professional, the options vast, and the food is delicious. I always leave satisfied.Special Features:
- great dinningfishin4u1951Dined on 7/25/2014It was great as usual. Great food, great service, and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Date NightMeMeDined on 7/18/2014The price is a little higher, but worth it. Guy one night here with your wife and "Date Night" will be a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit was not disappointing !love2dineDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated our mother's birthday, the meal was supper! The waiter was attentive and provided excellent service. This meal was as good as our first experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningScottyDined on 7/12/2014They were very busy, but we were waited on promptly, and our food was served in a timely manner. I had the aged Delmonico steak and it was great, and not a strong taste that I thought it might have. We had a wonderful waitress. The only comment is that the steak could have been warmer when served.Special Features:
- awesome experiencemdoyle3834Dined on 7/11/2014We went to Bass Street Chop House after a friend recommended it. Everything about it was awesome. Great scotch selection. Great wedge salad. Great wine recommendation from our waiter (we had cherry pie pinot noir) and the steaks were outstanding. All in all....great dinner with my two sons. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNOLAluvsToEatDined on 7/10/2014In town for the John Deere Golf Classic. The restaurant was busy, but should have been manageable. We placed our entire order at the same time-appetizers, salads , and entrees. We had to wait one hour and 45 minutes for our appetizers to arrive-one crab cake, one scallop, and one order of portobello fries. The steak entrees were ok, but disappointing. The waitress was extremely nice and did the best she could do. We asked to see the manager, who eventually came. He comped our appetizers, but only made excuses for the kitchen and the slow service. The manager should never need to make excuses for the kitchen. From start to finish, we were in the restaurant over three hours. Don't think we will be back.
- Pork ChopLadygolfer2Dined on 7/7/2014I get the pork chop everytime. It is my fave. Order early so the chef can start it. Mine was do e enough this time, as I request well done. When the server asked me to cut into it & make sure it was good, I had to send it back. After being cut, it was too dry & not the normal fantastic. I think had they cooked it longer initially, it would have held the juices like it always does. I will return!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Celebrated my 60th birthday here. Excellent food and seervice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakoldsteakloverDined on 6/28/2014Had a bad experience here a few years ago and was hesitant to go again but decided to give it another try. What a difference! The food was great and the service impeccable. I had to try their chocolate cake and it was divine. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulbellekwDined on 6/28/2014The service was quick and excellent, our server was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. The choices are varied, wide, and quality, and the food we chose was fresh and delicious. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary WOW!!!FantabulousDined on 6/28/2014My wonderful wife and I were greatly pleased with everything about our dining experience at Bass Street Chop House. Topnotch service and food satisfied us to the core. Very fitting for our 30th wedding anniversary. Thanks so much, Bass Street Chop House, for making a special moment in our lives even better. AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Had a delicious meal with friends! The food was great from the appetizer to dessert. My only complaint was that it took awhile to get our entrees. Several people that came in after us were served their meals first. Everything else was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014food was good table of 6 next to us were very loud hard to celebrate an anniversary with so much noiseSpecial Features:
- The big potatoes.potatoesDined on 6/15/2014Over all not to bad.potatoes where alittle to big.the mash potatoes to much.most people are looking for sincible in fine dining and not how much you can eat in one sitting.The potatoes where old and brown form sitting to long in the heat.eggs where over cooked on the salads. Green ring around the yoke.the waitress was nice and well informed about the menu and choices.Price was fair for the type of food and menu.Watch your cooking times,and sit time on some of your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experiencelove2dineDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's day. It was the first time at this establishment. Excellent service and food! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014I always enjoy the food and the service. Love this Place!Special Features:
- Local FavSiggy62VIPDined on 6/9/2014We love to come to the Chop House when we are in town. Service is always good and the food is great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience.YankeeDined on 6/9/2014Good food and good service. Very nice atmosphere with a good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place for Special OccasionsJCC01Dined on 6/8/2014As always the food was delicious. Our waitress was very good, but over-worked. It was a Sunday evening and it appears they did not have enough staff to cover all of the diners who showed up. The atmosphere was good and every one enjoyed themselves. And again, the food was delicious. We will definitely go back to Bass Street Chop House for our special occasions.Special Features:
- Greatest pork chop in 2 state area!Ladygolfer2Dined on 6/5/2014Fabulous food! The pork chop is amazing as always! Great wait staff helps make the visit wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I did not attend the event myself; however, those that did had rave reviews for everything. The service was exceptional and the food was also.Special Features:
- Agonizing slow serviceirq11Dined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was so slow! It took us a full two hours to have our meal. I thought at first perhaps the slow pace was normal for the restaurant, but people that were seated long after us were able to escape long before us. The restaurant was NOT busy, lots of empty tables, so it wasn't as if he was trying to serve twenty tables at once. The food was good but not worth the very high price. The acoustics were terrible, it was noisy even though it wasn't crowded, and it was freezing. Also had some other problems with service other than slowness (don't have enough space in the review to elaborate). We will NEVER go back here again. Considering how empty they were on a Saturday night it appears that many other people feel the same way.
- Disappointing, bad night?Tbone1811Dined on 5/31/2014I have been here many times when in town on business and normally sit at the bar dining alone. It was always awesome then, but this night missed the mark. Tuna app did not taste fresh, steak not cooked properly, mac & cheese cold the first time and then overcooked the second time, chocolate lava cake not really a chocolate lava cake, meh. Wanted to love this place as it was my wife's first time there, but was not a good night, particularly for the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The food and service are always good. One minor downer this time was that I asked for a go-box for my unfinished pork chop and mashed potatoes. It took an extra long time to get the bill and by that time we just needed to get going, so we just left without waiting to ask about the "doggie box".Special Features:
- Did not get serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I had an reservation for Bass Street on Saturday, we arrived, got seated and waited to be served. We waited a few minutes and the water server came by to charge our glasses and tell us that our waiter/waiteress is coming. As my wife and I observed that parties that came in after us were being served and we were still waiting. After 15 minutes of being ignored, we left. My wife vowed to never come back, because that was the worst experience we had in any restaurant.
- Great Food!!!pbstar33Dined on 5/16/2014For This area, The Food is one of the best in town. The kitchen was right on point with preparing the food. For fine dining it is exactly what I would expect. You will not find better food or service in the Quad Cities. I normally have to go to Las Vegas for this kind of food. I would highly recommed this place to anyone who enjoys fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.