Bass Street Chop House
1601 River Drive
Moline, IL 61265Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bass Street Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bschouse.com/
- Phone: (309) 762-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Douglas Lear
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is offered from small intimate dinners to full service weddings and special events. Personalized menu planning from our culinary staff for all functions. Contact Ronda Whitcanack for details. 309-762-4700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Piano Player with Sunday Brunch.
A word from Bass Street Chop House
Bass Street Chop House, located in Moline, Illinois, is a prime steakhouse featuring the finest cuts of hand-selected U.S.D.A. prime and choice dry aged cuts of meat and jet-fresh seafood. Bass Street provides casually elegant fine dining that is complemented by the best-tasting steaks, chops and seafood, skillfully served 7 nights a week. Bass Street Chop House offers the Quad Cities, private dining spaces for special events, outdoor patio and a full service bar. The Chop Bar offers signature cocktails, extensive wine and single malt scotch collection, as well as a light bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bass Street Chop House - Best Restaurants in Moline, IL ›
Bass Street Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)notable wine list (36)romantic (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (20)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014The service was very slow. The noise level was horrible. We we anticipating a nice quite relaxing dinner. It was notSpecial Features:
- Less than what we hoped for.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014After reading other reviews online I decided to make reservations for dinner to celebrate my 26th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, my wife and I were greeted very pleasantly and the ambiance was very nice. We did overhear that our waitress was just pulling in the parking lot. We were seated in a nice spot with a view out the back windows. Extra place settings were cleared away and water was poured. By then our waitress appeared. She was very nice and professional, and proceeded to tell us about the specials for the day. She left to get our drinks and when she came back we asked a couple of questions and started to order. Then she was approached by another server, she excused herself and walked away. We thought it was very strange that she would leave in the middle of taking our order and not return for ten minutes. When she did come back, she apologized for the delay. She appeared shaken and we asked what was wrong. She did not want to tell us, which is understandable, but something had occurred to cause her eyes to well up. She took our orders and again was gone for another ten minutes. She came back with our soup and told us the bread was still in the oven. We were done with the soup before the bread came out and when the bread was delivered came more apologies with it. We once more sat waiting for our entree's. The soup was good, and so was the bread, but the length of time was getting unreasonable. When the entree's finally arrived. with more apologies, my wife's Filet Medallions were closer to Medium Well than Medium and my Rare English Cut Prime Rib had changed color and was closer to Medium than Rare. Even my Au jus was cold, which indicates our food sat waiting for it to be brought to our table. Because of the length of time we were already there and the fact that we had other plans after dinner, we ate it as is. It should be stated our reservation was for 5:30pm - not during a rush. This should not happen when dining at this level.
- Cold, under cooked foodDanMDined on 11/21/2014The Seafood Quartet was cold. Some of the seafood pieces had a little warmth to them but the broth was cold. The scollops were good, shrimps tough, sea bass slight off flavor, claws mediocre. Maytag Potatoes were hard, not fully cooked. Disappointed as we had them before and really liked them. Filet was under seasoned. Service was nice but the waitress took a long time coming back to our table to take our order. She has too many tables all at the same time.
- dinner at Bass Street Chop HousefussyoneDined on 11/21/2014We have eaten here frequently and have had many great meals. However, this dining experience did not live up to prior visits. My salmon was under cooked, our server did not bring us more bread which we had requested, I asked to have the eggs left off my salad but it came with the eggs never the less. WE also had to refill our own wine glasses !! This will not deter us from returning...everyone is entitled to one bad night !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 11/18/2014Nothing much more to say other than it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service, but COLD!WolfcookieDined on 11/17/2014Our server was excellent. She was outgoing and professional. Food was very good and well worth the cost. For such a nice restaurant, it amazes me (and my party) why the bar area is so cold. Even after asking to have the heat turned up, the table area was uncomfortably cool. We mentioned it to our server and she passed on that others had made the same complaint. The exit door leading to the patio area should be set up as an Emergency Exit only during the winter months, keeping people from using that to exit the restaurant. The management needs to address why the heat outlets by the windows (where the tables are placed) don't seem to have any heat; in fact the night we were there (11/17) they were cold even after the heat was turned up. Won't be back until Spring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could be more positiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014For what you can spend (up to $100 per person) for a meal at Bass Street, usually for a special occasion (in this case wedding anniversary), the quality of the food and service could be much more consistently better. Oysters were really good, lobster chowder seemed like corn chowder (couldn't find and lobster). One of us ordered a seafood special and the lobster claws were tough and chewy, probably a result of being frozen and/or overcooked. Fortunately the scallops were better. I ordered the ribeye, which was very good. And we asked for butter and hollandaise sauce, but both looked/tasted the same. Our server was very polite/cheery, but could have been more attentive - again, for the price exceptional service is expected.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a great dinner before the James Taylor concert at Bass Street Chop House. Due to a late departure and an accident on the interstate we arrived a good 30 minutes plus late for our reservation. The hostess didn't even blink. We sat at a quiet corner booth for 2. Our waiter was appropriately timely and attentive. The wine list was outstanding. We had a simple filet, baked potato, and grilled asparagus. Also a cup of lobster corn chowder was amazing. Definitely a must over a dinner salad. The steak was perfect and very flavorful, the potato was more than enough to share and the asparagus was perfect. Thanks for a great extraordinary meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningHappyTravelerDined on 11/3/2014I travel to the QC every quarter and my high point is dining at Bass Street. The bartender is a gem and the drinks are perfect. I always try something new and have never been disappointed. I invited a co-worker and she had the dining experience of her life. Thanks for the great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gives new meaning to "slow food"wordladyDined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit to Bass Street Chop House. Wish it had been as good as the first time. The food was OK, this time. But the service was slow and our server absent minded. When we asked for things that had been promised, she blamed "the boy" who was supposed to be helping her. No style points for that one.Special Features:
- Just OKYumyumDined on 10/26/2014We went here for my boyfriend's birthday. This was our third trip to the restaurant. The first time we were unimpressed, but we decided to give it another chance. Our return visit was great. We went there for this most recent special occasion and we were very disappointed. two out of three times we've been there have been less than chanting and definitely not worth the expense.Special Features:
- Great foodThelawDined on 10/24/2014the entire staff was very friendly. The food was good and they had a nice selection of food.Special Features:
- Great experienceBravoDined on 10/18/2014This was our wedding anniversary and Bass Steet was the perfect place to go. From the time you were greeted at the door to leaving it was top notch! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rjcmacOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was a nice evening, the restaurant was busy but still the waitress was very good and the food was excellent. (Like always).Special Features:
- First classOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed a leisurely dinner with excellent food and service. The only disappointment, they didn't have gelato as listed on their open table menu. This turned into a big positive as we ordered brandy Alexander's instead. They were the best we've ever had.Special Features:
- VERY Pricey But DeliciousSpiffyDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. We both had a steak and ordered two sides to share. Even with a buy one get one, the meal was still over one hundred dollars. We didn't get any alcohol or dessert. That being said, it was very tasty. I'm just not sure that with the other possible options in the Quad Cities, we'll be going there too often. The bang for buck was priced a little too high for us.Special Features:
- AnniversaryHawkeyeDined on 10/8/2014Can be expensive if you select from the above the line beef. Kobe @ $12/oz or a $60 NY strip on special. I had the $60 NY strip and it was unbelievably delicious. The rest of the menu offers fair pricing and a couple with some nice wine can dine for $75 a person or less. Desserts were inexpensive and delicious. Really enjoy going there, but make reservations. It's that good and we went on a Wednesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I thought the food was very good, but our Party of 4 thought the food was priced a little high (especially the seafood - we paid $69.99 for 2 Alaskan King crab legs, large legs but only 2 on the plate). Very good restaurant and great atmosphere, but just too out of the budget for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This place was a huge disappointment for our entire group. I don't believe any of us would go back for anything more than a burger. They were out of their dinner special by 7PM which was the first indicator that our evening was probably going to be less than par. We moved to the regular dinner menu, which the server wasn't familiar with and was less than enthused with answering questions about. My martini was okay. My salad was the first thing that I sent back and was the worst tasting caesar salad I have ever tasted. I reordered a house blue cheese salad and it was good. I ordered a filet with the may tag blue cheese potatoes. The steak was excellent, the potatoes were horrible. The cake we ordered as dessert was huge but freezer burnt.
- So niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014My friend and I enjoyed the chop bar. We had a great waitress, she was attentive and accommodating. The food was good, and nice portions. We would come back soon. We left with generous slices of carrot cake neatly wrapped including utensils tucked in napkins, very classy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We chose this place to host a going away retirement dinner. We had group of about 10, and our waiter could not have been better! He was very attentative, yet wasn't stepping in every minutes. I wish I could give him higher than 5 stars, thank you!Special Features:
- neighborhood gem2travelinggrandsDined on 9/29/2014The Chop House has a wonderfully varied menu. Options are bar seating, where both dining room and bar menus are available, or the main dining room. We chose the bar and were not disappointed in the menu. Our server was attentive and informative about every detail. Food was gourmet to bar food. They have a wide variety of craft beers and our server helped us with the differences. We arrived quite late in the evening and were welcomed as if it was early. Food arrived hot and was perfectly timed to each course as we finished. We would definitely return whenever we are traveling through again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Service was friendly and helpful, very knowledgeable about the steaks and wine. However, took over 20 min for bar to make drinks upon first ordering. Server said they were busy (this was Saturday night) and they weren't expecting it. It was Augustana's parent weekend. Not sure why they wouldn't expect it. Good thing we weren't in a hurry. We waited to order our main course after appetizers and by then server was busy with other tables. Took awhile to come back to get order. Were there for over 2 1/2 hours and we were a party of 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthchrisDined on 9/20/2014This is my second time here in the last two weeks. I am impressed with the food and service. As long as this continues I will suppport this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousDelightfulDined on 9/20/2014First of all, we had a fabulous waiter who was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, consistent without being overbearing. She made our evening all the better! The food was cooked to perfection and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! We will definitely visit Bass Street Chop House when we are in Rock Island again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealjads8627Dined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed a great meal once again. Had the pasta special. Was warned it was spicy hot (appreciated the warning). It was but not so much that I couldn't eat it. Was delicious. My husband had the filet. It was done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Special OccasionsteaksrgreatDined on 9/10/2014We previously belonged to a country club that has since disbanded. The Bass Street Chop House is our new favorite place to celebrate a special occasion. This week, the occasion was our 53rd wedding anniversary. The steaks were great, the mushrooms au gratin is a house specialty, the wine was very good, and the service was outstanding! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the Quads!ViolaladyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was traveling through Bettendorf and wanted a good steak dinner. Bass Street can compare with any major steak house in the country. Choices for Prime, American Kobe and Choice steaks made my mouth water even before ordering. I chose a prime Delmonico which was served perfectly done. Salad was on a cold plate - my choice of side was asparagus. This was the only disappointing thing in the meal - the stalks were thick, woody and raw. Extensive wine list and great coffee and dessert round out the meal. Some people say this is a pricy place -- but for food of this quality the prices are in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you geteurydiceDined on 8/30/2014While the food was decent, it was much to expensive for what we got. My husband had the $18.95 Prime Rib Sandwich and the meat was not even 1/4" thick. My $14.95 burger was good, but again much too pricey. If we hadn't had a coupon for one of the sandwiches for free, two sandwiches, one glass of wine and one beer would have cost almost $50, plus tip.Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth itluvswineDined on 8/23/2014Most entrees were very expensive, but did include a salad which was nice. Service was excellent. I'd come back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Bass St Chop HouseZecaocDined on 8/23/2014Decent food but definitely not as good as last visit. Waiter didn't inform us that pasta special was unavailable until we ordered it. Also normal asparagus used for appetizer wasn't available but they comped that for us. Waiter did not seem very experienced. He asked twice if we wanted dessert or cocktails after he already brought us some. Not bad service or food but for the price range I would expect more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Our group usually gets a table in the bar once a month. On the open table site I was aware of how to indicate that so we ended up in the dining room. It turned out fine and I did find out I just need to put a note along with my reservationSpecial Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Had a restaurant.com discount to use with a minimum $50.00 purchase. Decided on Bass Street Chop House for husband's birthday dinner, something we wouldn't do, but was reasonable with the discount. Sticker shock on the menu, portions, and how the meals were cooked. Husband's seafood was overcooked and some tastless, chewy or fishy tasting. While my salmon was fabulous, the portion was lacking. At payment time, the fine print was pointed out..."not valid for use on Friday." You got it...we went on Friday. Billed $78 for unsatisfactory meal. While server was VERY efficient and did a great job, we will not be returning to the Chop House.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGinoDined on 8/16/2014We are not "regulars" and were very pleased to be congratulated by many of the staff for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best this timeMoreBeefPleaseDined on 8/16/2014I have always had a good experience at bass street but they dropped the ball this time. Had a reservation for 7 bit didn't get seated untill 7:30 and they tried to put me in the bar area. Waitress was rude pretty much the whole time then the cooks over cooked my wife's steak by 2 levels and over cooked mine by at least 1. They did take my wife's steak off the bill, but only because I didn't have time to wait for a new steak because I had already been there well over an hour and a half. I think I still like the place as I am a relatively frequent customer, but I could be pushed away if this level of service continues.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicemmmgoodDined on 8/13/2014The service is excellent. Our server really listened to what we wanted and had great suggestions! Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Chicago family outingcandgdinersDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was awful. She seemed annoyed to be waiting on us and forgot the Lobster Tail we ordered. My son's steak had to be sent back twice. Very disappointed since we brought our son and soon to be daughter-in-law. We always love BSCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personalized CelebrationsejjVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our group of 14 was celebrating two 80th birthdays. The staff was helpful in advance, helping to suggest menu choices that were typed up on souvenir menus with a heading about the event purpose, date, etc. We were welcomed, escorted to a private dining area, and were well-served throughout the evening. The food was delicious, wine suggestions excellent, and we had a wonderful time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL CHICKENJCHETZDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the chicken and it was exceptional panfried and done just perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandmapoppaDined on 8/2/2014From the time we entered the two ladies in front were great, the waitress was above great all night, food was a home run steak, salmon with all the fixings to go with, drinks great, dont ever change, beats Johnnys hands down, thanks for the flowers at the table great touch..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the Bass Street Chop House reviews archive.