Bass Street Chop House
1601 River Drive
Moline, IL 61265Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bass Street Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bschouse.com/
- Phone: 3097624700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Douglas Lear
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering is offered from small intimate dinners to full service weddings and special events. Personalized menu planning from our culinary staff for all functions. Contact Ronda Whitcanack for details. 309-762-4700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Piano Player with Sunday Brunch.
A word from Bass Street Chop House
Bass Street Chop House, located in Moline, Illinois, is a prime steakhouse featuring the finest cuts of hand-selected U.S.D.A. prime and choice dry aged cuts of meat and jet-fresh seafood. Bass Street provides casually elegant fine dining that is complemented by the best-tasting steaks, chops and seafood, skillfully served 7 nights a week. Bass Street Chop House offers the Quad Cities, private dining spaces for special events, outdoor patio and a full service bar. The Chop Bar offers signature cocktails, extensive wine and single malt scotch collection, as well as a light bar menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bass Street Chop House - Best Restaurants in Moline, IL ›
Bass Street Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great experienceBravoDined on 10/18/2014This was our wedding anniversary and Bass Steet was the perfect place to go. From the time you were greeted at the door to leaving it was top notch! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rjcmacOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was a nice evening, the restaurant was busy but still the waitress was very good and the food was excellent. (Like always).Special Features:
- First classOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed a leisurely dinner with excellent food and service. The only disappointment, they didn't have gelato as listed on their open table menu. This turned into a big positive as we ordered brandy Alexander's instead. They were the best we've ever had.Special Features:
- VERY Pricey But DeliciousSpiffyDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. We both had a steak and ordered two sides to share. Even with a buy one get one, the meal was still over one hundred dollars. We didn't get any alcohol or dessert. That being said, it was very tasty. I'm just not sure that with the other possible options in the Quad Cities, we'll be going there too often. The bang for buck was priced a little too high for us.Special Features:
- AnniversaryHawkeyeDined on 10/8/2014Can be expensive if you select from the above the line beef. Kobe @ $12/oz or a $60 NY strip on special. I had the $60 NY strip and it was unbelievably delicious. The rest of the menu offers fair pricing and a couple with some nice wine can dine for $75 a person or less. Desserts were inexpensive and delicious. Really enjoy going there, but make reservations. It's that good and we went on a Wednesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I thought the food was very good, but our Party of 4 thought the food was priced a little high (especially the seafood - we paid $69.99 for 2 Alaskan King crab legs, large legs but only 2 on the plate). Very good restaurant and great atmosphere, but just too out of the budget for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This place was a huge disappointment for our entire group. I don't believe any of us would go back for anything more than a burger. They were out of their dinner special by 7PM which was the first indicator that our evening was probably going to be less than par. We moved to the regular dinner menu, which the server wasn't familiar with and was less than enthused with answering questions about. My martini was okay. My salad was the first thing that I sent back and was the worst tasting caesar salad I have ever tasted. I reordered a house blue cheese salad and it was good. I ordered a filet with the may tag blue cheese potatoes. The steak was excellent, the potatoes were horrible. The cake we ordered as dessert was huge but freezer burnt.
- So niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014My friend and I enjoyed the chop bar. We had a great waitress, she was attentive and accommodating. The food was good, and nice portions. We would come back soon. We left with generous slices of carrot cake neatly wrapped including utensils tucked in napkins, very classy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We chose this place to host a going away retirement dinner. We had group of about 10, and our waiter could not have been better! He was very attentative, yet wasn't stepping in every minutes. I wish I could give him higher than 5 stars, thank you!Special Features:
- neighborhood gem2travelinggrandsDined on 9/29/2014The Chop House has a wonderfully varied menu. Options are bar seating, where both dining room and bar menus are available, or the main dining room. We chose the bar and were not disappointed in the menu. Our server was attentive and informative about every detail. Food was gourmet to bar food. They have a wide variety of craft beers and our server helped us with the differences. We arrived quite late in the evening and were welcomed as if it was early. Food arrived hot and was perfectly timed to each course as we finished. We would definitely return whenever we are traveling through again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Service was friendly and helpful, very knowledgeable about the steaks and wine. However, took over 20 min for bar to make drinks upon first ordering. Server said they were busy (this was Saturday night) and they weren't expecting it. It was Augustana's parent weekend. Not sure why they wouldn't expect it. Good thing we weren't in a hurry. We waited to order our main course after appetizers and by then server was busy with other tables. Took awhile to come back to get order. Were there for over 2 1/2 hours and we were a party of 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthchrisDined on 9/20/2014This is my second time here in the last two weeks. I am impressed with the food and service. As long as this continues I will suppport this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousDelightfulDined on 9/20/2014First of all, we had a fabulous waiter who was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, consistent without being overbearing. She made our evening all the better! The food was cooked to perfection and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! We will definitely visit Bass Street Chop House when we are in Rock Island again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealjads8627Dined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed a great meal once again. Had the pasta special. Was warned it was spicy hot (appreciated the warning). It was but not so much that I couldn't eat it. Was delicious. My husband had the filet. It was done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Special OccasionsteaksrgreatDined on 9/10/2014We previously belonged to a country club that has since disbanded. The Bass Street Chop House is our new favorite place to celebrate a special occasion. This week, the occasion was our 53rd wedding anniversary. The steaks were great, the mushrooms au gratin is a house specialty, the wine was very good, and the service was outstanding! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in the Quads!ViolaladyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was traveling through Bettendorf and wanted a good steak dinner. Bass Street can compare with any major steak house in the country. Choices for Prime, American Kobe and Choice steaks made my mouth water even before ordering. I chose a prime Delmonico which was served perfectly done. Salad was on a cold plate - my choice of side was asparagus. This was the only disappointing thing in the meal - the stalks were thick, woody and raw. Extensive wine list and great coffee and dessert round out the meal. Some people say this is a pricy place -- but for food of this quality the prices are in line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you geteurydiceDined on 8/30/2014While the food was decent, it was much to expensive for what we got. My husband had the $18.95 Prime Rib Sandwich and the meat was not even 1/4" thick. My $14.95 burger was good, but again much too pricey. If we hadn't had a coupon for one of the sandwiches for free, two sandwiches, one glass of wine and one beer would have cost almost $50, plus tip.Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth itluvswineDined on 8/23/2014Most entrees were very expensive, but did include a salad which was nice. Service was excellent. I'd come back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Bass St Chop HouseZecaocDined on 8/23/2014Decent food but definitely not as good as last visit. Waiter didn't inform us that pasta special was unavailable until we ordered it. Also normal asparagus used for appetizer wasn't available but they comped that for us. Waiter did not seem very experienced. He asked twice if we wanted dessert or cocktails after he already brought us some. Not bad service or food but for the price range I would expect more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Our group usually gets a table in the bar once a month. On the open table site I was aware of how to indicate that so we ended up in the dining room. It turned out fine and I did find out I just need to put a note along with my reservationSpecial Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Had a restaurant.com discount to use with a minimum $50.00 purchase. Decided on Bass Street Chop House for husband's birthday dinner, something we wouldn't do, but was reasonable with the discount. Sticker shock on the menu, portions, and how the meals were cooked. Husband's seafood was overcooked and some tastless, chewy or fishy tasting. While my salmon was fabulous, the portion was lacking. At payment time, the fine print was pointed out..."not valid for use on Friday." You got it...we went on Friday. Billed $78 for unsatisfactory meal. While server was VERY efficient and did a great job, we will not be returning to the Chop House.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerGinoDined on 8/16/2014We are not "regulars" and were very pleased to be congratulated by many of the staff for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best this timeMoreBeefPleaseDined on 8/16/2014I have always had a good experience at bass street but they dropped the ball this time. Had a reservation for 7 bit didn't get seated untill 7:30 and they tried to put me in the bar area. Waitress was rude pretty much the whole time then the cooks over cooked my wife's steak by 2 levels and over cooked mine by at least 1. They did take my wife's steak off the bill, but only because I didn't have time to wait for a new steak because I had already been there well over an hour and a half. I think I still like the place as I am a relatively frequent customer, but I could be pushed away if this level of service continues.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicemmmgoodDined on 8/13/2014The service is excellent. Our server really listened to what we wanted and had great suggestions! Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Chicago family outingcandgdinersDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was awful. She seemed annoyed to be waiting on us and forgot the Lobster Tail we ordered. My son's steak had to be sent back twice. Very disappointed since we brought our son and soon to be daughter-in-law. We always love BSCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personalized CelebrationsejjVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our group of 14 was celebrating two 80th birthdays. The staff was helpful in advance, helping to suggest menu choices that were typed up on souvenir menus with a heading about the event purpose, date, etc. We were welcomed, escorted to a private dining area, and were well-served throughout the evening. The food was delicious, wine suggestions excellent, and we had a wonderful time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL CHICKENJCHETZDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the chicken and it was exceptional panfried and done just perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grandmapoppaDined on 8/2/2014From the time we entered the two ladies in front were great, the waitress was above great all night, food was a home run steak, salmon with all the fixings to go with, drinks great, dont ever change, beats Johnnys hands down, thanks for the flowers at the table great touch..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulbellekwDined on 7/26/2014As always when I visit Bass Street, I was impressed. The service is friendly and professional, the options vast, and the food is delicious. I always leave satisfied.Special Features:
- great dinningfishin4u1951Dined on 7/25/2014It was great as usual. Great food, great service, and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Date NightMeMeDined on 7/18/2014The price is a little higher, but worth it. Guy one night here with your wife and "Date Night" will be a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit was not disappointing !love2dineDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated our mother's birthday, the meal was supper! The waiter was attentive and provided excellent service. This meal was as good as our first experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningScottyDined on 7/12/2014They were very busy, but we were waited on promptly, and our food was served in a timely manner. I had the aged Delmonico steak and it was great, and not a strong taste that I thought it might have. We had a wonderful waitress. The only comment is that the steak could have been warmer when served.Special Features:
- awesome experiencemdoyle3834Dined on 7/11/2014We went to Bass Street Chop House after a friend recommended it. Everything about it was awesome. Great scotch selection. Great wedge salad. Great wine recommendation from our waiter (we had cherry pie pinot noir) and the steaks were outstanding. All in all....great dinner with my two sons. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNOLAluvsToEatDined on 7/10/2014In town for the John Deere Golf Classic. The restaurant was busy, but should have been manageable. We placed our entire order at the same time-appetizers, salads , and entrees. We had to wait one hour and 45 minutes for our appetizers to arrive-one crab cake, one scallop, and one order of portobello fries. The steak entrees were ok, but disappointing. The waitress was extremely nice and did the best she could do. We asked to see the manager, who eventually came. He comped our appetizers, but only made excuses for the kitchen and the slow service. The manager should never need to make excuses for the kitchen. From start to finish, we were in the restaurant over three hours. Don't think we will be back.
- Pork ChopLadygolfer2Dined on 7/7/2014I get the pork chop everytime. It is my fave. Order early so the chef can start it. Mine was do e enough this time, as I request well done. When the server asked me to cut into it & make sure it was good, I had to send it back. After being cut, it was too dry & not the normal fantastic. I think had they cooked it longer initially, it would have held the juices like it always does. I will return!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Celebrated my 60th birthday here. Excellent food and seervice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakoldsteakloverDined on 6/28/2014Had a bad experience here a few years ago and was hesitant to go again but decided to give it another try. What a difference! The food was great and the service impeccable. I had to try their chocolate cake and it was divine. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulbellekwDined on 6/28/2014The service was quick and excellent, our server was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. The choices are varied, wide, and quality, and the food we chose was fresh and delicious. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary WOW!!!FantabulousDined on 6/28/2014My wonderful wife and I were greatly pleased with everything about our dining experience at Bass Street Chop House. Topnotch service and food satisfied us to the core. Very fitting for our 30th wedding anniversary. Thanks so much, Bass Street Chop House, for making a special moment in our lives even better. AAA+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.