1000 Seaboard St.
Charlotte, NC 28206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baskonseaboard.com/
- Phone: 9806138282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday-Friday 11am- 5pm Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chuck Herrick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Basks catering services are available for any party, large or small, at the office or home. With options for any budget, Bask should be considered for any event you may throw.
A word from Bask
Bask is a full service restaurant and lounge at the North Carolina Music Factory. The elegant dining room complements the sophisticated twists on classic American and European cuisine. Also featuring an extensive wine list and creative cocktail menu, highlighting Vodka, Gin, Bourbon and Champagne creations, Bask is the ideal spot for dinner and drinks with friends and family. Available for any private event and catering also; Bask is able to accommodate parties of up to 100 on site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bask reviews from OpenTable diners
- It appears that Bask has alreadyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012It appears that Bask has already closed...rumor from the server was that it would only stay open through the DNC. The food was fabulous, service was not that great. What used to be a lively patio for after work was desolate. All the action was next door. Not sure what has happened, but Bask has lost its shine. Too bad - the chef is talented and his staff used to be top notch. It's always been a brunch & happy hour fave...
- We went on a Friday night,TastyVIPDined on 8/17/2012We went on a Friday night, and the place was empty. As i have been to Bask before, and it was packed, I questioned it. Based on the what the waitress said, Bask is under new management and is moving from a full restaurant to a Tequila Sipping bar. They have decrease their menu to a one page menu with very little options. The service was horrible and slow, and the food is not of the same quality as before. Definitely disappointed in this visit and will never return even after they switch over.
- They are going through a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012They are going through a change in management/menu. The food choices were very limited, and they were out of a few things on the menu. I understand they are trying to make improvements, but it would have been really nice to know beforehand.
- BASKOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/3/2012Had an 6:30pm early dinner at Bask so we could catch the 8pm show at the Comedy Zone next door. The restaurant had a very limited menu - maybe 16 or so items including appetizers. The waitress notified us that they were out of 5 of the 16. Two from our party tried to order the veggie pita sandwich which were then informed they were out of since they didn't have any vegetables???? We ordered the black bean hummus which came out cold and hard enough that you couldn't dip the bread in the hummus but it had to be spooned out (in big clumps) onto the pita bread. 3 of us ended up getting crabcakes which were OK. The rice that came with them was very sweet and overcooked.
- Apparently, this place justOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/28/2012Apparently, this place just changed managers or owners. Food was excellent, service was great. They were out of some menu items (Saturday, 8pm). Everything we had was great. Highly recommend the crab dip.Special Features:
- We were told they were inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2012We were told they were in the midst of a management change. As a result, there were 2 servers for the entire restaurant, half of the menu was unavailable and it took us almost 2 hours to eat. Horrible and we won't be back.
- Food was great. I don't thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2012Food was great. I don't think many people know about this gem at the NC Music Factory. It is a little hard to find the first time, but worth it!Special Features:
- Badly understaffed. The restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2012Badly understaffed. The restaurant is set within the NC Music Factory and there were two concerts going on that night. Only 2 wait staff and one bar-maitre'd. Even though we had reservations, we had to wait for 6-7 mins to be seen by maitre-d to seat us as he was busy at the bar. A number of people without reservations were turned away. Food was great though.Special Features:
- Awful parking. No one goesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2012Awful parking. No one goes there. They do not know how or just refuse to make wrongsright.
- Avoid!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Out of half the dishes, food received was swimming in oil or cold in the center. Received the wrong check, wrong appetizer and service was slow. And all this with the place 15% full on a Friday.
- Went on a Wednesday and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2012Went on a Wednesday and we were the only table there. The outdoor seating wasn't set up and there was one guy in the entire restaurant. It was almost creepy being the only people there. The food was good, the service was good, albeit slow, however, it was just an odd experience being that it was completely quiet and dead. No music or anything. My recommendation would be to not go to the NC Music Factory to eat dinner at all during the week because you will be dining in a sort of ghost town experience.
- They need a pastry chef. thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012They need a pastry chef. this was definitely not their strength but the dinner was outstanding
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012We had a girl's night out to celebrate a friend's birthday at Bask, the food and service were both very good, my only criticism is..after telling the waitress many times that it was my friend's birthday, she still never got the hint to bring out a special desert, I didn't expect the desert to be free, I would have happily paid for it, it just would have been nice for her to bring it out without me having to order it.Special Features:
- Once again I have only glowingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2012Once again I have only glowing things to say about Bask. I dine there often and I have enjoyed every meal. My friends enjoy both the meal and the atmosphere. Make sure you try the Vegetable Lasagna!Special Features:
- Tuesday night was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2012Tuesday night was extremely quiet. Our party was the only people in the place. There were a couple people on the patio but no one else inside. Food was great. Very wide variety and a "foodie" mix available. I personally had the venison and it was great. The appetizer/small plate menu was well rounded and with a group of 9 we ordered several and shared and every one of them was superb. Service attentiveness was excellent; not too much but always available and there when we needed anything. I marked it less then perfect on the "stars score" only because with so few people there, the meal took a little longer then expected to come out of the kitchen. It wasn't a problem for us but it was slightly longer than I would have thought a slow nightSpecial Features:
- Time for a visit!!FinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2012Manager, James, is a real pro and a very nice person to boot. The staff is warm, friendly inviting. I always get the trout - super yummy! Husband has had the Venison (they carefully pick where their foods come from), pork chop, trout - we've loved everything we ordered and enjoy bringing our happy doggies to their lovely patio to dine with us.Special Features:
- Bragging about BaskOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2012Bask is a great restaurant for a first date or a night out with friends. The food options are great and worth every penny. The service at Bask is top notch! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!!!Special Features:
- Although we were a bit concernedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Although we were a bit concerned that the place was almost empty at 7P and the menu was somewhat limited, we were pleasantly surprised with the taste of the food and the presentation was appropriately appealing as well.
- Nice brunch--nothing outstanding--DeeJayDined on 5/13/2012Nice brunch--nothing outstanding-- just good brunch food. Wxcellent value tho'-- an all-you-can-eat brunch for $15.00-- can't beat it.Special Features:
- The staff was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012The staff was very attentive to us! We will definitely come back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- My kids felt compelled toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012My kids felt compelled to say "compliments to the chef on the french toast"...something they'd never do at home. Outstanding food and wonderful staff!!Special Features:
- The food was good - minusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012The food was good - minus the "pork belly" appetizer. The service was great. Overall we had a nice experience.Special Features:
- Salty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012The food seemed like it was very good quality, but everything was very salty. I love the location when going to the Comedy Zone, but I don't think I'll return.
- LOVE Bask! This is our favortieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012LOVE Bask! This is our favortie Brunch and happy hour destination. New menu offers a good variety of fabulous, tasty dishes. These guys have figured out the formula to a successful venue. They keep it small and the menu fresh - portions are perfect, wait staff is attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommended...Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2012We were in from out of town and decided to make reservations here based on other reviews. I am so glad we did. I had the vegetable lasagna (no pasta) and it was fantastic! The richness and flavors in this dish were amazing. My husband got the venison and we started out with crabcakes, which were also very tastty. Our server was knowledgable of the menu and beers, as well as, the other drink selections. They use their herb garden outside for their food and drinks. He was also very pleasant and made our experience even better! I wish we had a Bask in Jacksonville, as I would make it a weekly destination.Special Features:
- Colleen, our server, was spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2012Colleen, our server, was spot on all evening! She even brought a side of pasta to the table (unasked) for after we realized the vegetable lasagna was made without pasta. The dish was incredibly delicious but that extra was a Ritz Carlton-type touch & amazed us! The butternut squash soup was the most delicious we've had! The salami & gouda was good, but needed a more flavorful cheese to overcome the smokiness of the salami. The fried trout was soooo good! This chef definitely has a nice touch & we will return!Special Features:
- Not a bad place to eat althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2012Not a bad place to eat although the service was far from pleasant. Waiter was extremely rude and when we asked for a manager he said he was tyhe manager?? I hate to downgrade based on service as I am a true believe that it could just be that one waiter but I was seriously disturbed by his obnoxious attitude.Special Features:
- Casusal but chic, reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012Casual and tasty, the "sweet burger" was good, mac and cheese also good. Fries looked good as did the open faced steak sandwich.Special Features:
- Vegetable "lasagna" was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Vegetable "lasagna" was fantastic. Duck two ways was dry and not what I would call a confit at all. Mixed review, but I would try it one more time.Special Features:
- Great food and service! CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012Great food and service! Cool place...can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good experience. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012Good experience. The food was prepared well and the menu is nicely varied.
- Menu was very tasty and unique,zactivixDined on 2/14/2012Menu was very tasty and unique, but is a little thin. Great ambience. Nice, big, comfortable, booths. Romantic feel. We had a great time Valentine's Day evening.Special Features:
- The location is good, beingAnonymousDined on 2/10/2012The location is good, being part of the Music Factory; however, it doesn't get visibility. The menu looked ok - nice to have options of small, medium, and large plates. We had the spicy crab cakes (didn't care for them, bland), butternut squash fritters (good), one of us ordered the duck done 2 ways (could have been good but very boring) and I had the fish & chips (fish was good, very airy/light, chips consisted of 2 potato spears). While the food was mediocre, I would suggest it may be a Hot Spot, if there are shows going on. It was very quiet the night we went (a Fri night around 6-7), but I imagine the bar would get busy for a quick drink.Special Features:
- Once again We had anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2012Once again We had another terrific time @ Bask. The food was terrific and the venison was exceptional. The fish in the fish and chips was some of the best I have had in Charlotte. My dinners @ Bask are ALWAYS worth the drive across the city...Special Features:
- A nice surprise and someplaceCiddogVIPDined on 1/27/2012A nice surprise and someplace worth venturing slightly out of center city to enjoy. A no brainier if you're headed to Music Factory. Give it a try. We are glad we did.Special Features:
- We had a reservation and whentalybVIPDined on 1/27/2012We had a reservation and when we showed up the restaurant was 30% full. We were seated in a terrible place and when we requested to be moved the waitress was glad to, but the manager said we couldnt stay where she had relocated us! We left and will not be returning! The ambiance is awful, very noisy not a pleasant place.
- My wife and I tried Bask as49erEngineerDined on 1/21/2012My wife and I tried Bask as we were suddenly free for a Saturday night evening out and every other restaraunt we knew of was already booked within our time frame. Bask is located inside a renovated mill building and they left much of the original exposed brick, floors, and timbers indoors and it creates a very warm ambiance. The wine list was good and the food was great. We would describe it as upscale casual. Very comfortable.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at Bask.CindyBVIPDined on 1/17/2012We enjoyed our dinner at Bask. It's a wonderful spot, but the evening we were there, Tuesday, the place was empty - only one other table of diners. I fear it's location has a lot to do with that. It is a little out of the way, but is worth the drive.Special Features:
- The four course menu for NewVarietyIsASpiceVIPDined on 12/31/2011The four course menu for New Year's Eve 2012 was appealing and enjoyed by everyone. The combination of ingredients was often a pleasant surprise. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. I would give Bask another chance to check out their standard menu.Special Features:
- Excellent! Beautiful restaurant,pthroweDined on 12/28/2011Excellent! Beautiful restaurant, and the food was amazing. Our server was helpful with recommendations. We will definitely visit again.Special Features: