22 Kingstown Road
Narragansett, RI 02882Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.basilsri.com/
- Phone: 4017893743
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Closed Mondays (we are available for private events, please call to inquire). Open Monday, March 28th for Narraganset Restaurant Week (see details below).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Vasilios Kourakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Vasilios Kourakis 4017893743
- Special Events: $20.11 for 3 course prix fixe dinner during Narragansett Restaurant Week, Friday, March 25th through Sunday, April 3rd. Offering choice of soups, salad, and main course choice of Vol au Vent, Red Snapper or Pork Tenderloin. View this menu and the regular menu on our webiste: www.basilsri.com. What a deal...don't miss out on this fabulous opportunity to enjoy exquisite European cuisine at 1980's prices!
A word from Basil's Restaurant
Basil's of Narragansett is an experience in fine dining,a restaurant of "elegant food and atmosphere by the sea". Although located only one block from Narragansett Beach & the famous Narragansett Towers, we are a visit back to the charm of turn of the century Narragansett. Surprises greet you the moment you enter the front door and view the floral wallpaper, french doors & cozy seating. You will be led to an intimate comfortable setting & treated as if you are in the personal dining room of our world class Chef owner Vasilios Kourakis and his wife, Kathy. The menu offers classic French cuisine, daily specials & a three course prix fixe menu for $25.00 that changes seasonally. The service is personal, professional and attentive. The wine list is award winning. Browse through our menu & wine list. You will see why Basil's is in its 27th year of business, its solid reputation built upon the highest quality of food & preparation, outstanding service and a warm & inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Basil's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Narragansett ›
Basil's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (30)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This very good restaurant is relatively small and can be full on the weekend. One of the best and popular dishes on the menu is duck orange. When we ordered two for our group we were told that if we want more than one per table we should have mentioned it when making our reservation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good in 2014CTfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Have been going here for years as a special dinner. Sauce for the special veal was thin and veal was chewy. I asked for extra vegetables instead of potato, but didn't get it. Special was swordfish that was overcooked. Scallop app was bland. Even though we each had an app, entree, and shared a dessert, we both left hungry. Service was horrible...It took 30 minutes after we were finally seated just to get a drink! We will not go back next year because the food and the service were not up to the standards of "fine dining".Special Features:
- djmacjrDined on 8/30/2014I have eaten at the restaurant before. The food is outstanding upstairs is very nice, the basement not so much. The noise level on this visit was like being at a sporting event or on the floor at the NYSE. Ruined the evening, however the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FussyDinersDined on 8/29/2014We always look forward to an evening at Basil's when we vacation in Narragansett. Small, intimate dining, outstanding service and food.Special Features:
- dachsieladyDined on 8/29/2014We have never had a bad meal here. Always quiet, wait staff attentive, wonderful for a place to actually talk during a meal and not have to yell.!! Food is always very good and well presented.Special Features:
- A HIDDEN TREASUREDeDeDined on 8/24/2014We look forward to our annual visit to Narragansett so that we can have dinner at Basil's. The restaurant is small so we like to go early before all the tables are filled. The escargot (6) are served with a nice garlic/butter sauce....be sure to save some of the delicious rolls to dip into the sauce! The filet was perfectly cooked and served with a nice béarnaise sauce. The service was good but did slow as the restaurant got busy.Special Features:
- Elegant mealtwodoxDined on 8/16/2014Basil's offers an excellent menu and incredible wine list in two settings. The upstairs room is formal and elegant - suitable for a romantic evening. We ate in the lower room, which is less formal. The menu is the same in both. I had a simply and beautifully prepared rack of lamb and my wife enjoyed her duck. We chose a sirah from a very extensive wine list, to complement this very excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So FrenchMMG8401Dined on 8/14/2014Intimate dining setting with impeccable service and fine French food, who could ask for anything more? The soft shell crab and escargot appetizers were beautifully plated and ever so tasty. The duck entrée was classic and the veal was excellent. A classic restaurant. A gem in this beach town.Special Features:
- Bobbyv99Dined on 8/13/2014We always love to dine here at Basil's. The food and the ambiance of the place never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteveDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant main floor is rather small and creates an intimate atmosphere. I have been here many times and they have never disappointed me. I started with the French onion soup which was terrific. The duck is my favorite dish and is always outstanding, as are the steak dishes. The service is generally attentive without being over bearing. I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but datedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The food and service were wonderful! I do think the restaurant needs some updating in their decor which will make it more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, Intimate, DeliciousHoCoDined on 7/29/2014Basil's is not what you expect in a beachfront resort town. While most places have the standard nautical motif and menu, Basil's is a small, quiet, intimate, very European-feeling hideaway that is great for a romantic evening. It is not for a family with young children coming off the beach looking for lobster rolls, fried clams and chicken fingers. With well appointed tables, a dark floral wall paper, muted lighting and soft mood music, the ambiance reminded me of the little cafe's from Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris." I chose this restaurant when I saw Soft Shell Crabs on the menu. It did not disappoint! Sauteed and covered with slivered almonds, it was a great version of one of my favorite dishes. The wine list was varied.Special Features:
- Still best local romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014We been going to Basil's for years, usually for special occasions, and never disappointed. This was our 22nd anniversary, and there's no better combination of ambiance, great food, and service. We had the filet mignon and the swordfish special, and the crab-stuffed artichoke hearts as an appetizer. Even though not our usual favorite weekend waiter, our waitress has also been there for years, and was great. The only small flaw was we could hear a radio from the kitchen competing with the romantic music in the dining room.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Always friendly and knowledgeable staff, really helps make the place romantic and date friendly.Special Features:
- Could not be more pleasedExeterJoeDined on 7/10/2014The waiter was very attentive, but not intrusive. I had steak with a creamy pepper sauce on it. Probably the most tender & flavorful piece of beef I've ever had. I have a hearing problem and noisy restaurants with hard surface walls can be annoying. I was very comfortable with my hearing at Basil's. My only criticism is the veggies. I like them crisp, but wish they had been cooked just a little bit more. Our desserts were delicious. Chocolate mousse and cheesecake with strawberries. All in all, a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- As always, PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014For over 30 years, Basil's has been our favorite restaurant in the world. No flash, no trend-setting and nothing "astoundingly creative." Instead, superb, fresh food carefully cooked by a master. Very reasonable prices, subtle service and unhurried dining. Delightful.Special Features:
- One of a kindReebsDined on 6/26/2014A truly superb dining experience. The attention paid to the smallest details is impressive. The food is always amazing and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPrincesDined on 6/17/2014Always delicious food. Presentation perfect. Lauren, our server, courtious, friendly and always a step ahead to knowing what the diner needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placepattyDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful, small restaurant with unique specialties and excellent service
- GrannyDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is tiny...felt like we were eating in a short hallway...table way to close. Very disappointing.
- chipDined on 5/31/2014great special occasion restaurant (2 couples were celebrating their anniversaries). The meal was delicious as usual and service both professional and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the Basil's Restaurant reviews archive.
- In luv with BasilsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Wonderful dining experience with inpeccable service, exquisite food and intimate atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FabulousPrincesDined on 5/11/2014Bazils is a top notch spot. Great food - wait staff is professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Classic FrenchCarlitosDined on 5/4/2014Highly recommended. Great waiter. Recommend the weiner schnit with a fried egg!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2014Wonderful meal - made for a very special family birthday. Also a romantic place for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejennDined on 4/10/2014Great food frog legs were amazing would dwffinitly come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance Bloomed!AlanDined on 3/27/2014This was intended to be a romantic birthday dinner for my wife of 20+ years. It exceeded our expectations. The ambience is very European and intimate, the wait staff suttle and inconspicuous while catering to every need. The food was wonderful and obviously freshly prepared. The prices were quite rasonable and the wine list offered interesting, unsual finds that we would have gone to find for ourselves - and there they were on the winelist. Th dessert was sublime. We will keep Basil's high on our "return to" list and not just for special events. Well worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant, very fancy.RhodyDined on 3/22/2014A great restaurant, very fancy. The duck was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Narragansetts best kept secretJon1Dined on 3/4/2014Amazing service and Consistently great food period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been betterbiancaDined on 3/4/2014This was my first visit to Basil's and it certainly won't be my last. The ambience, food and service were excellent. The upstairs dining room is extremely small but we were seated in a corner booth so we had a little more room than other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!UpscaleDinersDined on 3/1/2014The food was perfect. French cuisine prepared wonderfully and exactly as requested. The accompanying sides were as carefully crafted as the main dish. The staff was delightful (although the waitress, whom I understand was a stand in, could have taken a little time to aquaint herself with the wines.) but she couldn't have been more attentive and she was knowledgeable about the menu and food. The chef/owner came out to personally greet everyone and make sure all were happy. And as we were one the last two tables left at closing he came out and shared a special beverage with us all. A nice unexpected touch of hospitality that rounded off a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DelightNobleDinerDined on 2/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary at this wonderful restaurant and everything was as it should be. Ambience perfect, intimate setting, food excellent and well presented, music selections perfect, one of the best waitresses we've ever had. Reasonably priced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable FoodGizmoDined on 2/20/2014The food is consistent, always delicious . Recommendation, more wine by the glass choices.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014All 4 meals were excellent - duck, veal, salmon, and crab. Appetizers were very tasty and dessert was wonderful. We all kept saying how good it was. Not much else to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From start to finishmurph6263Dined on 2/14/2014We were early for our reservations and although it is winter, we took a drive along the shore just blocks from the restaurant. The moon hung full over the water and the waves were crashing with whitecaps. Sounds like the beginning of a romance novel. For Mrs. Smith and I, we found it to be just that. The greeting at front door was like an old friend visiting. We had our choice of tables and settled in to find a well rehearsed staff and an enjoyable food event. The menu offered a nice variety but the Mrs. and I had already taken a look on-line and knew what we wanted to try. The specials and the soup were fabulous. Mrs. Smith and I had wonderful time from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Valentine's Day DinnerDonniDined on 2/12/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner from a menu offering some unique well prepared choices on the Wed before Valentine's Day. Basil's is often overlooked in the Pier, but our experience is they provide an intimate setting, attentive service, beautifully presented food for any special occasion. We should probably move it into our regular rotation of dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a treatRhodeIslandTravelerDined on 2/1/2014Basil's is such a pleasant restaurant, where you are warmly greeted and treated well. The service can be as discreet or as involved as you like, and they are great with giving suggestions about the traditional continental menu. There is a reliability and consistency to this restaurant that makes it worth a special occasion or simply a good time to treat yourself to a fine dinner. The beef stroganoff is unusual and tasty, or you can go lighter with grilled salmon. I'm partial to the salmon fume appetizer, where there is always enough to take home for breakfast the next day. Basil's elegance is inviting rather than intimidating: enjoy yourself!Special Features:
- Always a nice treat to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Always a nice treat to go to Basil's I would highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutJanuaryDined on 11/14/2013A dining delight which we will recommend to all our friends and neighbors .A five star experience from entering the restaurant to leaving after a warm goodbye from our waitress.We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCLNYVIPDined on 11/2/2013As usual, service was great. The Appertizers of Escagot, and Soft Shell Crab were deliicious, and the Entrees of Steak Diane, and Veal ala Basils were perfect. A great meal.Special Features: