300 112th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bellevuehilton.com/
- Phone: 4254551300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - 10:30am, Sunday: 6:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Juan Luna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Settle in for the rich vocals of Seattle's own X-Factor star, Phillip Lomax. His unique style and superstar personality are unforgettable. With our specially crafted vintage cocktails and French-inspired three-course menu, you'll be ushered back into the era of crooner cool and swinging classics. Future dates August 4th, September 8th 2012 from 6pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Enjoy a night at Basil’s Kitchen filled with the “spectacular voices” of Public Opera combined with a special three course menu produced by our Executive Chef Juan Luna. Show starts at 6pm on the 3rd Sunday of each month for 2012.
A word from Basil's Kitchen
Come delight in our fresh, Northwest cuisine. Linger in our warm, relaxing atmosphere. Taste, Savor and Enjoy. Your always welcome at Basil's. Conveniently located inside the Bellevue Hilton Hotel our menus feature palate-tempting entrees for lunch and dinner plus our Chef inspired breakfast buffet served daily. Your table is waiting...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basil's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- LinoaBDined on 7/31/2014We chose Basil's Kitchen because of the free parking and they are on the PassPort Dining website. I was dismayed to find they refused my Passport card, saying they no longer participate in the program. Food was quite good - and the service was attentive but not intrusive.
- Great Father's Day BruchmisstischDined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious, everything tasted fresh and the staff was very friendly. I will most likely be coming here again next Father's Day!Special Features:
- Way overpriced for what you got.DisappointedDadDined on 6/15/2014Food was uneven. We had brunch and the bacon and the omelet were great. The prime rib was marginal. The eggs benedict looked like it was great when it was fresh, but the one I had the English muffin was incredibly hard. My son's glass had lipstick on it when the orange juice was poured. How did they miss that? It made me worried that the rest of the dishes were dirty, or that the food was not prepared correctly. For $40 each, the brunch was a disappointment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The food items were enticing and tasted delicious! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014The atrium dining area provides a unique setting. Food remains good with minor menu variations. Same problem remains with validated parking at exit which is a nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Basil's Kitchen reviews archive.
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchFiercenEpicuriousDined on 5/11/2014I am from L.A. where it's very easy to find a great Champagne Sunday Buffet Style Brunch. In the PNW, I've found it very difficult to find a brunch of this nature on the Eastside or in the Seattle area in general. I discovered Basil's during the Easter holiday and decided to give it a try. It was awesome. There was free flowing champagne, live music, and the food was really great. So, I tried it for Mother's Day with a few of my close friends and it didn't disappoint. It was marvelous. This is definitely my new go to spot for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- never disappointsmarrriedafoodieDined on 5/11/2014I have had brunch there several times over the past 25 years. It's name has changed but there is always good food and plenty of choices and they keep it full. The staff is always right on top of what they should be doing and the atmosphere is very pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner out in the openMarkyMarkDined on 4/30/2014Went to Basil's Kitchen thinking to have a very nice dinner but I did not realize it was in a hotel and the set up was sort of in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel. We went in thinking it was in back only to be directed to the front area in front of the bar which out in the large open atrium of the Hotel. Food was great, Service was Great, just the location really lost it for me.Special Features:
- Extremely over priced.NicIllanDined on 4/20/2014Was taken back by the forced 25% gratuity on a 3 person table. The food was okay, no where bear the quality for the price. The staff was terrible our waitress filled our drinks once after being asked 3 times. Plates were not picked up even though we saw 4 different staff in our area. We will never go back!!!!
- Awesome Easter BrunchFiercenEpicuriousDined on 4/20/2014Coming from Los Angeles I enjoy Sunday Champagne Brunches. It's been very hard to find a Brunch Buffet here (outside of Salty's) so when I heard of Basil's for Easter Brunch I immediately made reservations. The food was excellent from the Prime Rib to the Tropical style Sea Bass. The Mushroom Polenta was to die for. I did appreciate the free-flowing champagne a great deal as well. I am also going to be booking for Mother's Day Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING BUFFET-BELLEVUE ONLYKESMDined on 4/20/2014Last year, we went to Basil's Kitchen in Tukwila for Thanksgiving and while the entrée was good, everything else wasn't very impressive. After that experience, we were extremely reluctant to try Basil's Kitchen in Bellevue for Easter. The selling point was having both our favorites of prime rib and lamb. We were pleasantly surprised. As foodies, we thought it was outstanding; there was something for everyone. The quality of the food was great! We would highly recommend it. The only thing I didn't like was sitting in a dark part of the dining room when we were there at 10:45am. At open table reservations, we weren't asked what kind of table we wanted. We would have loved to SEE our food by the window area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be great placeFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/3/2014The food, the service, and the atmosphere are well suited to enjoy with family, old or new friends for casual or business dining. The dining room and the bar servers all make you feel like royalty while at home. They are always charming and elegant. Discordant with the above parking consistently irritate customers. There are ample spaces and self parking is easy. However it is a pain to get out after an enjoyable dinner. The last half dozen of times. In spite of a validated parking ticket the gate would not open and often. You can try pay with credit card or call for assistance. Delay at exit is almost like a punishment. The hotel does not seem to know how to fix it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDougnKattyDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I enjoy fine dining. We are not wealthy and cannot afford it except for special occasions, so we are very "particular" about where we choose to dine. However, if the cuisine and service are good, we have no issue with paying for it. Basil's met and exceeded our expectations. We were staying at the Bellevue Hilton and didn't want to have to search an unfamiliar town for fine dining. Fortunately for us, fine dining was just an elevator ride away. Irina was our waitress and she did an exemplary job. The steak was incredible and the rest of the meal was delicious. This will be our choice of dining whenever we return to Bellevue.Special Features:
- Standard Hotel RestaurantChichioDined on 2/14/2014Our server was very new and seemed to not have a clue what she was doing but she tried her best. We waited a long time to get served our main courses and I could tell they had been re-fired after sitting in the window. The food was not bad but I would have to say this is a pretty standard hotel restaurant that passes but I won't be running back for more.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I would recommend Basil's for your next special occasion. I took my fiancé here for Valentines Day. Great choice and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptablemw4foodDined on 2/14/2014Food was not quite up to my expectations considering the price, but the ambiance was good.The restaurant is clean, low noise level and plenty of room. Would consider trying it again sometime other than on Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!WillDined on 2/14/2014Valentines dinner was bad experience. No napkins on table we sat at. I had to ask for them. Salad brought did not have any dressing on it. I had to ask for that. Had to ask for a steak knife. Asked for more champaign twice. Charged extra for champaign and was not informed that would happen. Lobster tail was teeny tiny. Only good thing was piano player on midi keyboard.Special Features:
- Special OccationPhansiriDined on 2/14/2014Great for special events for just two. Anymore will be too much.Special Features:
- Food was badGoodeaterDined on 2/14/2014Got the Valentine's day dinner menu. Steaks were tough. Getting a second glass of champagne apparently an issue.
- New menuFrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/10/2014Since a couple of weeks ago, the menu has been modified. We have not tried most of the items on the new menu. The beet sald remained a favorite, even though golden beet is now replaced with red. The seabass was probably overcooked and dry and hard, not commensurate with the usual quallity of dinner we are accustomed to at Basil's. Service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/30/2014Disappointed with my first time dining here for lunch.
- All goodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/14/2014We have gone there often since first try a few months ago. Everything we have tried has been enjoyable.Special Features:
- Mostly recommendedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/4/2014We have gone to Basil's now more than a dozen times and enjoyed it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedDinningtrialDined on 12/25/2013From the moment we arrived at the restaurant , the service, the food, the environment; we were very impressed. We were looking for a nice place to dine on Christmas Day since I did not have time to cook because I had worked all night. We mostly wanted a place where our toddler who eats only organic foods would be able to eat since we normally pack food for him when we dine out. Luckily we found that place at Basil's. He loved the food and so did the adults. Not only did they have tasty healthy dishes in addition to the variety of tasty foods but they were even the right temperature for everyone. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we look forward to returning on new years and having our son's next birthday party/dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experienceMaestro57Dined on 12/25/2013We had a great experience on Christmas Eve. The food was fantastic and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerValencioDined on 12/25/2013I went for the Xmas dinner buffet and I was surprised at the diverse choices and the quality of every dish, totally worth the cost of the buffet special. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Christmas Dinner!MonaDined on 12/25/2013Had Christmas dinner here. The buffet was outstanding! Great variety of delicious food including dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer dinner to brunchCorrineDined on 12/25/2013The brunch seemed simply too much, especially for older people who cannot walk all that distance. Had I known I would have made a later reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013We had a reservation at noon. It was very busy, understandable it's Christmas. We did not get to sit at 12, but that's okay. We go there every year around 11, I think we might go back doing our reservation at 11. Great food, and service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basil's Christmas BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The food was outstanding...so much of it, and very well prepared! The problem was getting a table. We had reservations for noon, but had to wait in a line at the hostess desk for nearly half an hour before they could seat us. It appeared that they didn't leave tables available for those of us with reservations and simply seated people first come, first serve. VERY frustrating!!! The poor people working the hostess desk looked and acted completely overwhelmed and out of control. What the heck is the point of making/taking a reservation if you're still going to make that person wait in line for a table? Very disappointing. Fortunately the food was wonderful...though very, very expensive.
- stewballOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Went there for xmas and was pleasently surprised, food was excellent, service was okay for folks working during xmas and the ambiance was fine, noise level was loud but people were celebrating the holiday so it was to be expected. Overall my friends were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2013Went for lunch because it was close by to my job. The menu looked great online but the food was disappointing. The service was slow especially for lunch time. I will not return.
- Great RestaurantlholtDined on 12/14/2013Really liked this restaurant. Lots of free parking at the hotel. Food was very good with a lot of variety. Service was excellent. Overall everyone loved Basil's Kitchen and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice ThanksgivingKtkmDined on 11/28/2013We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner here. The hotel is lovey. The food was good. The squash soup was really good, everything else pretty good-nothing outstanding, but a nice standard holiday meal. I think a buffet here would be better and we did dine late so I think everyone was pretty tired.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel RestaurantYenkersDined on 11/28/2013Basil's Kitchen is a typical average hotel restaurant, for the price we paid, the ambience was "cafeteria like" and not worth the experience. Our waitress was very nice and attentive and the food was average. For a party of four, we paid close to $300 (only ordered one drink each) - it was NOT worth the experience we had. Won't be going back.
- thanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Very disappointing thanksgiving dinner. Turkey was dry and almost tasted fake. Food looked like it was microwaved. The only thing that tasted good was the apple martini. Dessert buffet was horrible. Pies were cold and distorted, chocolate fondue was placed in a pot and being heated constantly until it was a little burnt. Would definitely not recommend this place for thanksgiving dinner at all. Or any other special occasion.Special Features:
- My reviewPunkinDined on 11/28/2013Great food. Very attentive staff. Very enjoyable Thanksgiving feast. Our 3rd Thanksgiving at Basil's. Now I will write nonsense because the stupid review form wants a certain lenghtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ThanksgivingCorrineDined on 11/28/2013This was the first time in my life that my family and I have chosen to eat out on Thanksgiving. This choice ended up being simply perfect. My 87 year old mother thoroughly enjoyed her day. There were 6 of us with one salmon, one prime rib, two duck, and two turkey dinners. Everyone was happy. Thank you for making our day special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/26/2013Food is high quality. Service is great. This is a good place to have a business meal or a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent. Good placecozyDined on 11/7/2013Always consistent. Good place for conversations and visiting while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.