Basil's Kitchen - Tukwila
15920 W. Valley Highway
Tukwila, WA 98188Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Basil's Kitchen - Tukwila
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.basilskitchenseattle.com/
- Phone: (425) 227-9406
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mark Wadhwani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 7 high definition televisions are a great way to catch the game! Happy Hour 7 days a week from 4-7. Enjoy $3 off appetizers and select from specials on cocktails, beer, and wine.
A word from Basil's Kitchen - Tukwila
Come delight in our fresh, Northwest cuisine. Linger in our warm, relaxing atmosphere. Taste, Savor and Enjoy. You're always welcome at Basil's. Your Table is waiting!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basil's Kitchen - Tukwila reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- much improvedArnoldDined on 11/14/2014We visited this restaurant under a different name, I believe, a couple of years ago and the food was substandard...not worth the price we paid. But I must admit it's greatly improved since then...both entrees were delicious and I consider them worth the price. The restaurant is still very cold inside...something needs to be done about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- batmanVIPDined on 9/9/2014food and service were as expected. noise was loud with a party of 12.Special Features:
- batmanVIPDined on 9/7/2014appetizers and deserts made for a good meal. will go back to sample the entrees.Special Features:
- Great food, just a tad priceyDelsestiocoDined on 8/20/2014So this is our third time going to the restaurant, the first time was terrible... Poor service, and food was limited cause they had sold out of a few items. We were invited back a 2nd time by the manager and we had amazing service, greeted and seated as soon as we came in. The lady serving us was quite attentive and we had good laughs! The food was really amazing! Had the risotto with shrimp scampi and crab cakes (this was the item sold out last time). We also had beef cube appetizers, they should turn this into an entree! Yummy! So for the third time, we remembered how good it was and came back, the service was great and so was the food! Only thing I would say was that it was a little expensive, and the decor was cheap (fake centerpiece)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice for dining in TukwilaJasonbDined on 8/15/2014Good and prompt service. Loved the rack of lamb, it was exquisitely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Basil's Kitchen - Tukwila reviews archive.
- lovediningoutDined on 6/16/2014Both dinners were delicious and portion size was excellent; not too much. The NW Clams were tasty with the wine broth with just enough heat. They make a excellent seafood chowder. Their bread is crusty and delicious with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce.Special Features:
- Fathers' Day & Everyone celebrates!BirthdaygirlDined on 6/15/2014Great Father's Day Brunch.... but, interestingly enough, not as elaborate as Mothers' Day Brunch ;-) Great selection of food... but not as many choices, especially healthy choices. Also didn't include bottomless mimosas, the "real reason" we've gone to past brunches at Basil's Kitchen. Dining Room Manager comped me a drink... classy touch and a cheap price to pay to keep us coming back. We'll always be happy campers at Basils!Special Features:
- Great BrunchJacksmomDined on 6/15/2014Went with a group of 7 for Father's Day Brunch. Everyone was pleased. Great variety and quality. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexperienced staff1FoodforthoughtDined on 6/14/2014Came to Basil's with my wife, Daughter and my Dad for a Fathers day dinner on Saturday night. The place was nearly empty. We were sat near the window in the middle of the restaurant. Not 5 minutes later they set a party of 20 right behind us? Did I mention the place was empty? So for the duration of dinner we were shouting to communicate. Our waiter spoke faster than an auctioneer and after being served by a nice lady our salads and appetizers out of order speedy shows up smelling like an ash tray. The food itself, lacklustre. Copper river salmon was dry. All in all very dissapointed. Manager needs to understand the dining experience and hire accordingly. Will not reccomend nor return.
- DinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the world famous Friday Prime Rib Dinner. The prime rib was cooked to perfection and wait service from Nicole and manager Tom was outstanding. A real gem outside of downtown Seattle. Great place to come to before or after you need to leave from or return to SEA-TAC airport.Special Features:
- A favoritePattyDined on 5/30/2014Basil's has become a favorite for my ladies group. We can depend upon good food, great service, and lovely place to visit with each other without having to talk over a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet findcalvinDined on 5/18/2014Had dinner here at 7:45pm on a Sunday night and there was only 2 other tables with guests. As you could imagine service was quick and they took good care of us. Food was very good. Restaurant decor was a little dated and fake but overall it was a good dinner.Special Features:
- Try it, you'll like it!DinealotDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Basil's a number of times for lunch and dinner and have always had a great meal and service. This night was for a friend's milestone birthday and she was also very pleased with the food and service. Basil's is convenient without having to drive a long distance and the tables are set elegantly for a special occasion. But even for a casual meal, you feel well taken care of. The bar is nicely decorated and good but not noisy which is close to the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Mother's Day or any dayBirthdaygirlDined on 5/11/2014This was not our first brunch at Basil's Kitchen so we already knew that we'd have a wide assortment of food to choose from and the bottomless mimosas (that they re-filled on a regular basis) to drink. It is one of the best values we've come across for buffet brunch. Lots of good quality shrimp, oysters and crab... and the crab bisque was to die for! Wide variety of desserts ... both elegant and kid-friendly choices. Carving station and made-to-order omlet stations ... standard fare but, again, top quality ingredients. Great choices in the cheese station, too. Although there were a lot of large family groups there, you never felt crowded. All questions and concerns at our table were handled efficiently and with a lot of class.Special Features:
- Mothers Day TreatUsatranDined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mother's Day brnch at Basil's. It was a antastic setup in a beautiful atrium and the serving staff was great. They really made my family feel welcome.Special Features:
- Great BrunchLeeebeeDined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mothers' Day at brunch. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful, and the food was great. I would definitely recommend it for future family get togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to be..nujackkDined on 5/11/2014There has been a change in the kitchen, and not for the better. Including this time I have eaten here total of 5 times. Last two times have convinced me not to return. While the wait staff are good at what they do , The kitchen staff is not. Apparently the Chef had no idea what blackened Salmon is. He/she served something that looked more like Salmon in a blanket (Salmon wrapped in croissant like shell)and called it blackened. Undercooked the Belgian waffles. Pomegranate wings on previous visit were burnt with bland sauce. Sausage sliders were dry and bland. I will not be returning would have better culinary experience at Applebee's sad to say.
- Beautiful Mothers Day Brunch!mpenniDined on 5/11/2014From snow crab legs and prime rib to assorted cheeses, traditional breakfast fare and cinnamon rolls, this is a great place to take Mom for brunch. If I had one complaint, we had a bit of trouble getting noticed where we were seated but asked to be there as Mom uses a wheelchair to get around. The food is always superb here. Once they realized we'd been a little overlooked they never let us wait for coffee or get our plates removed again. I do recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014By serving food in the Embassy Suites atrium, it becomes a very relaxed affair. The buffet is well laid out and the omlette station provides the additional personal touch. The staff is attentive and the food choices are plenty. Food platters are fresh and updated as required.Special Features:
- Fantastic Easter Brunch!mpenniDined on 4/20/2014We highly enjoyed our Easter brunch here. Our table was, as requested, nearer the food so mom could make it with her wheelchair easily, plus it was very accessible. The bonus was that put us in the lovely atrium. Downside, maybe a little noisier out there. The wait staff was very nice but no one specific waited our table, it was several people wandering through randomly so sometimes we had everything we wanted and sometimes waited a bit. The food was fantastic, great selection and Mother's Day brochures were handed right to mother, excellent marketing guys...we'll be there then! and my favorite Starbucks coffee can't go wrong with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBusinessTravelerVIPDined on 4/3/2014A very nice surprise in a large hotel. Will usually go there at least once each trip to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Work!MikeMartinezDined on 2/16/2014I ate here on Valentine's day and it was packed. Had to wait a bit but it was well worth it. We had the Oysters and Bisque to start which were divine. We then had what they called a "land and sea duet" which was just fancy words for steak and Lobster. I wanted to lick my plate clean. Probably would have if there wasn't so many people around. My wife had the Stuffed chicken which I had the pleasure of enjoying the next day. Great Job guys!!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, and the portions were just right. The special Valentines menu was really nice, my wife really enjoyed it. I was reluctant to go to a restaurant adjacent to a hotel, but was very happy with the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not againDaveDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is quiet, semi-elegant with a good menu (we were there Valentine's Day). The service was very good. The food was hit and miss. Half chicken had great stuffing and sauce, but the chicken was bland, like it was steamed. The Pasta had very good noodles and sauce but the prawns were tough and the scallops bitter tasting. The crab cakes were very good, with a spicy aoli. The lobster bisque had a good taste but no pieces of lobster could be found. It would be satisfactory if the prices were lower but at those prices I expected better.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Nice romantic quiet setting with great food and service for us early diners at 5.30. Crowds did not getting in till 6.30. Food choices were excellent and reasonably priced for an all inclusive meal. The table settings were mood enhancing and the servers were gracious and efficient.Special Features:
- Great place for a group luncheonPattyDined on 2/14/2014Basil's Kitchen offers a lovely selection of lunch items. The atmosphere is serene and lovely for a group of seven to visit together without having to shout to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I went there for Christmas dinner. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations on Christmas!NewbieFauntleroyDined on 12/25/2013My adult daughters were skeptical, but the food really exceeded our expectations, from the starters to the Christmas menu (we had 4 entress: prime rib, grilled salmon risotto, sea bass, penne with shrimp, all quite delicious)! Room was a bit bright and cool, but the food made it enjoyable.Special Features:
- great Christmas dinnerdaveDined on 12/25/2013Convenient location, & a dessert table to die for. Literally, so much tasty treats, very well done, best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Had the place to myselfnujackkDined on 12/24/2013I went in on Christmas eve for lunch, had the place to myself. It was great. Service was great and didn't seem like our was just because I was only one there, more like was the usual level of service. Food was very tasty and quite reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyeHungryManDined on 12/21/2013Good food, quiet place, I didn't think it was going to good because no one was there, but the food was good.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseSteveDined on 11/29/2013This is the on-site restaurant for the Embassy Suites Seattle-Tacoma Airport. We checked in on a Friday & after a long drive didn't feel like going out to eat so we decided to stay in and eat. We're very happy that we made that choice as Basil's Kitchen was surprisingly good. We started with the clams & mussels appetizser (though just had clams as mussels were out) which was very good. I had the lamb as my ebntree & it was superb; my wife had the dungeness crab cakes & was very happy with her meal too. We finished with the housemade tiramisu & were not disappointed with it either. Very good meal & pleasant surroundings.
- great entreesrealseattlegirlDined on 11/28/2013We went to Basil's Kitchen for Thanksgiving dinner and thought the entrees were quite tasty. However, the rolls were cold and the "endless dessert buffet" seemed overstated with desserts that were on par with Safeway baked goods. Nevertheless, we were pleased enough with the entrees & starters and also, that we didn't have to cook or do the dishes. The waitress was not very attentive although the hostess & support staff were much better. It would have been nice if the restaurant had been a bit more festive-looking for the holiday. But, overall, I would have given it 3.5 stars, if 1/2 stars were available.
- A Thanksgiving DelightDawnieDined on 11/28/2013My daughter and I made reservations because it was close to home and the menu looked awesome, so we went out instead of cooking and really enjoyed the food. The salmon with orange cranberry sauce was to die for, as were the butternut squash stuffed ravioli. The waiter was funny/quirky and fast. The dessert was excellent with fresh cream whipped cream.Special Features:
- Football + friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2013This was a mini-reunion that happened to fall on a Sunday morning football game. The bar wasn't crowded so we pushed three tables together and watched the game on one of the flat screen tv's in the bar. The service was good and we had little competition for the bartender's attention. She happened to be the same server that served lunch to us in the dining room and was friendly even though she was the only one serving both the bar and dining room.Special Features:
- Surprised Hotel Food FindSix6packDined on 7/29/2013The menu had a good variety, great flavor, and just slightly overpriced. The scallops were excellent. The house red blend was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!seattledripdropsDined on 7/2/2013Located in the hotel this place offers great food and service. Our server was very friendly and took great care of us. . The food is really good. The menu doesn't offer a burger or anything that maybe a kid would enjoy. But the menu is good for foodies. Will be dining again.Special Features:
- Basil'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013The brunch, surprisingly, was very reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. It was simple, well prepared and graciously served. The desert bar was included in the price and was truly a bonus. Fresh strawberries with a chocolate fountain and superb cheesecake as well. The low noise level helped the conversations flowing smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Upsetting DayNothappyDined on 5/12/2013First when we arrived we were seated in the atrium. None of the waitstaff came around after we were seated. I had to ask for drinks and if we can go to to buffet. Next, the tablecloths had water on them which inconveniently dropped onto my mothers and my clothes. When I walked over to obtain an omelette, no one was around to cook the omelette. When we needed coffee refills we again had to ask the waitstaff. The food was ok, but not what I expected for Mothers Day Brunch. I will never go to this restaurant again and would not recommend this place to anyone.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013The service was excellent and the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.