Basils Greek Dining
4000 Fox Valley Center Dr
Aurora, IL 60504Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Basils Greek Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.basilsgreekdining.com/
- Phone: (630) 692-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Alex Cortez & Oscar Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Basils Greek Dining offers full service catering right to your door. We offer an array of options to compliment your budget and needs. With a full staff ready at your service, Basils will take care of all your catering needs... OPA!
- Private Party Facilities: Basils Greek Dining offers private dining for groups ranging in size from 15 to 200. Whether it is for business or pleasure, Basils offers the same award winning food and service. We look forward to hosting your next event... OPA!
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Petsas 6306921300
- Entertainment: Friday Night Is Opa! Night At Basils Greek Dining, Featuring The Sounds Of "Rythmos". Relax and enjoy the unique tone of Demetris Timeolontos, in combination with the masterful and musical technique of Peter Georgannis. Their innovative style has infused a fresh sound in Greek music entertainment for all to enjoy… Opa!
A word from Basils Greek Dining
OPA! Welcome to Basils Greek Dining! Blending old world tradition with modern culinary flair, innovation, and presentation, Basils Greek Dining is a celebration of Mediterranean-Greek Cuisine. Named after the "Royal" herb, Basils brings the delicate balance and warmth of Greek comfort food to the modern dining table. At Basils, we pride ourselves on using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients in the market. Specializing in Colorado braised lamb and fresh seafood, Basils aims to satisfy every palate. We offer a wide selection of wines spanning the globe, from your Napa Valley favorites to the islands of Greece. Naperville Magazine's Winner for "Best Ethnic Food" in 2011 and 2012, Basils offers a truly exceptional dining experience. Basils Greek Dining is conveniently located in the circle drive of the Fox Valley Shopping Center. We are proud to have been part of the Aurora-Naperville neighborhood tradition since October of 2009. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basils Greek Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (44)romantic (37)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Chilean Sea bass is highly recommendedDewiVIPDined on 11/15/2014I had a Chilean Sea Bass. It was delicious. A decent sized fillet served with risotto and crab meat. A perfect dish, but it is a bit expensive. But all other people on our table enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2014Always a treat to visit Basils. We always feel welcome and special.Special Features:
- sign of the timesused2luvBasilsDined on 11/9/2014We used to go to Basil's all the time but prices continue to rise and it just doesn't seem to be a place to get your money's worth unfortunately.
- Spur of the momentTeacher5Dined on 11/9/2014This was a spur of the moment decision to eat here after shopping, and as usual it did not disappoint. It was a Sunday evening and we had a wonderful server, fabulous dinner, and all in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:
- BasilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Nice place. Had live Greek music. Very nice. I'm not familiar with geek food. Waiter was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but don't expect privacyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food but way too crowded. And I don't mean people. There are too many tables! I could clearly hear conversations at other tables around me because we were all so close together. No exactly a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONERFUL meal, againTamaraVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been to Basils a few times. In the summer the patio is wonderful! We have always had great food and great service. Everything is fresh and of great quality! I loved the new items on the menu. We will be back again and again. Opa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary week dinnerDolphinDined on 10/30/2014The food was great, the room was packed, the service not so great. Our server was overwhelmed with the amount of people the she had, there was a long wait in between visits to the table and the drink orders took too long. The food was delicious, even if it was still a bit overpriced while at 50%. I like this place a lot and service issues notwithstanding will go back. Just get your wallet out and prepare to spend a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningsblllDined on 10/30/2014We went for the anniversary dinner. It was crowded, but the service and the food were wonderful.Special Features:
- We go here 6 to 8 times a year.ValerieDined on 10/30/2014We've gone 5yrs.to the 50% off dinner&when we saw the menu almost everything on it doubled in price,EVERYTHING had gone up!My husband called for the manager&said they had just raised their prices a few weeks ago.WE WERE IN SHOCK!The manager tried to weasle his way around by saying everything has gone up.My husband said to him"THIS IS THE OLD BAIT&SWITCH".We can't be the only ones that saw the menu change and were ready to walk out.The manager said what can I do to make you happy?He offered to buy us the appetizer,but this has changed our attitude completely.We stayed,but we'll never go back.It was so sneaky.We had the previous menu in our car to see the difference.This is no longer a great restaurant with affordable prices.Shame on them.Special Features:
- willceilDined on 10/30/2014Basils is a local place for us. We have visited it many times and have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- silkyDined on 10/30/2014The atmosphere was relaxed under low lit lights. Very comfortable. The service was fantastic, knowledgeable waitress especially on the wine list. For those that want real crab cakes you must try the appetizer. Pure tender and sweet crab meat, no fillers. Tilapia was very tender and broiled lamb chops were cooked to order. Not over seasoned. I will definitely return. I highly recommend this restaurant. Make sure you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFavoriteDined on 10/30/2014The food at Basil's is the best Greek food in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babcia6Dined on 10/29/2014We have never had a bad meal. Theh have the best outside seating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLACE TO GOJAWSDined on 10/29/2014YOU WILL FIND MANY DISHES SPECIAL AND COMFORT FOODS BUT BRING YOUR APPETITE FOR THE GENEROUS PORTIONSSpecial Features:
- josslinDined on 10/29/2014I had a nice lunch yesterday yet was disappointed to find that nearly all prices on"special" menu had been changed. They were offering 50 percent off for their Anniversary, yet when I came home and looked-up their menu on-line I found that I really did not get nearly 50 percent off. Wish they would have left the menu alone and offered 20-25 percent off as was really the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Basilsaddicted2foodDined on 10/28/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. My daughter is a vegetarian and loves the spinach pie; it is large enough for at least 2 meals. The vegetarian moussaka is also very good. Last night my husband had the roasted lamb shank & despite the enormous size he finished everything is was so good. I had the baked lamb shank with a cinnamon and tomato sauce. I was afraid it might be too sweet but it was a fantastic combination. The bread pudding for dessert is one of the best I've ever had. It was their anniversary week when everything, including drinks, is 50% off - a great bonus! My only complaint is that the room is very large & open so the noise can get a little overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMargaretVIPDined on 10/28/2014I'm running out of adjectives to describe my favorite restaurant Basils - just when I think the food can't get better, they introduce new pastas to the menu. Yum!Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerRichDined on 10/28/2014The food here is amazing. No matter what I try, the food is delicious. You need to get the jumbo crab cake. Most crab cakes are nothing but bread and very little crab. The crab cake here is just the opposite. It is 98% lump crab. My favorite entree is the braised lamb shank. The staff is friendly and attentive. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A Must for Foodiesfoodie007Dined on 10/28/2014Looking for authentic Greek.... Basil's got it! We go there on a regular basis, there Roast Lamb is awesome, melt on your mouth. If you prefer fish, the salmond is wonderful both on the eyes and taste. The baklava are like cookies rather then the traditional look but still good. If you like puffy fried dough with cinnamon and honey you have to get Loukoumades, they are warm and fluffy. A great way to end your meal. The staff are very friendly and attentive, they will remember you when you return, down to the bottle of wine you like. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We have dined at Basil's several times over the last 5 years and we have NEVER had a bad meal, bad service or any complaints about the place. The wait staff is attentive and the overall atmosphere is comfortable. If you prefer outside dining, the patio is wonderful complete w/ a huge fireplace and a smaller fire pit to sit around. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes give anyone a run for their money.Special Features:
- Great for Sharing.JASchoicesDined on 10/28/2014Our party of four ordered five appetizers and shared them. All were delicious. We each got our own entrée. Excellent. Sharing let us sample many more items than we could otherwise. Our server had a good sense of humor and was very attentive in spite of an absolutely full restaurant. Lovely experience for us all!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Very expensive.... the only time I can afford to go there is when deals are offered...Special Features:
- Very good.cgk250Dined on 10/27/2014Enjoyed the food. I had the jumbo shrimp shish -k-bob and the shrimp were hugh and perfectly cooked. My husband enjoyed the lamb shank as well. My son ordered the gyros and he enjoyed that. Could have used more sauce and pita bread though. We will return.Special Features:
- consistantly great!mrshayDined on 10/27/2014We eat at Basil's quite often and have consistently good food and service! Even though they were very busy the night that we were there our server was excellent! If you like lamb then Basil's is a great option with quite a few options. I had the roast lamb and it was delicious! We've tried many fish entrees and they are always simply prepared and excellent, my father had the salmon special and loved it. There's also a nice selection of Greek wines.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2014our dinner was excellent-as usual. we love dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyKimmyandDDined on 10/27/2014Been there twice. Sat outside this summer, sat inside this week. All the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We enjoyed a nice quiet dinner before the crowd increased and the food was Wonderful, Tasty and service was excellent. Very accomadatingSpecial Features:
- Great food and quick service!Cruzin1025Dined on 10/25/2014We dined here for our anniversary. The food was great and the server made a great wine suggestion based on how I described my tastes (I wanted to try a Greek wine, but wasn't as familiar with those as others). We ordered Saganaki (of course...a must have at a Greek restaurant!) and it was served so quickly we were sure he was bringing it to another table. Our main courses also arrived extremely quick and were delicious. My husband loved his filet and said it was comparable to one we'd had on vacation the week before for twice the price. Then they surprised us with a nice dessert for our anniversary. Overall a great meal!Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningJarrettsmomDined on 10/24/2014A wonderful place to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. The food was incredible and portions were so large that we are still enjoying our food days later. The wait staff was perfect, not hovering, but always seeming to know the exact moment we were ready for the next course or drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek with a fresh, modern flairhungrygirlDined on 10/18/2014Best fresh and innovative Greek food in the market. Spanokopita entrée was updated with the addition of fresh figs in the filling (YUM!). Besides the regular menu, a seasonal menu of fantastic specials were highlighted. Smart sides like sautéed dandelion greens were a welcome cuisine-appropriate addition. Wine list is robust, friendly and price points were spot on. And the service? Ask for Myra...she's professional, sociable and provided a level of warm and welcoming service that you just don't get everywhere. Nice that the manager was rotating through the dining room checking on the guests to ensure their expectations were being met. Basil's is getting it right and we look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Great mealYshkstkDined on 10/13/2014Great meal, good service, friendly stuff. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/11/2014Have been to Basils several times in the past and always enjoyed it. This time not so much at all, very poor and disorganized service and wait staff. Kept bringing wrong things to our table and never filled water even after being asked which should not have to be asked at any restaurant. Food was still decent , but poor service puts bad taste in your mouth and cannot make up for it!! Will now think twice before going back for a a good while!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekTheaDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were both excellent. Great Greek restaurant.Special Features:
- MrDenDen31Dined on 10/1/2014We had a great meal. We took my parents and they loved it! Elaine and Angelo were fantastic! The hostess was nice but I didn't get her name. A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papoliDined on 9/28/2014Ooopha !!!! We went there on our "dress up" date night after the theater. Great food great service romantic! we will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Seating, Wonderful FoodBlairDined on 9/26/2014Basil's has an extensive, authentic Greek menu and wine list. The Watermelon and Feta Salad was incredible! Watermelon, cucumbers, feta, balsamic...loved every bite! The Greek Salad and Tomato Basil Soup were fresh and delicious as well. The desert menu was extensive and looked delicious, though we opted not to order any. Sit outside! We went on a Friday night at 7:30pm - there was live, acoustic music outside, with a fire in both the fireplace and fire pit. Very romantic and relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorsTwo4DinnerDined on 9/26/2014We brought friends from out of town and were pleased that they enjoyed it as much as we did.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and we sat outside for the first time. It was a good night to be outside. We were celebrating our one year anniversary. It was a nice place to go. The only thing that would have made it better was if our server had been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luv2eatDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service. Waitress was very friendly. Food was deliciously amazing! It was second visit (first visit was also great!) and my parents first visit...we all enjoyed the service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.