Basils Greek Dining
4000 Fox Valley Center Dr
Aurora, IL 60504Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Basils Greek Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.basilsgreekdining.com/
- Phone: 6306921300
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Alex Cortez & Oscar Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Basils Greek Dining offers full service catering right to your door. We offer an array of options to compliment your budget and needs. With a full staff ready at your service, Basils will take care of all your catering needs... OPA!
- Private Party Facilities: Basils Greek Dining offers private dining for groups ranging in size from 15 to 200. Whether it is for business or pleasure, Basils offers the same award winning food and service. We look forward to hosting your next event... OPA!
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Petsas 6306921300
- Entertainment: Friday Night Is Opa! Night At Basils Greek Dining, Featuring The Sounds Of "Rythmos". Relax and enjoy the unique tone of Demetris Timeolontos, in combination with the masterful and musical technique of Peter Georgannis. Their innovative style has infused a fresh sound in Greek music entertainment for all to enjoy… Opa!
A word from Basils Greek Dining
OPA! Welcome to Basils Greek Dining! Blending old world tradition with modern culinary flair, innovation, and presentation, Basils Greek Dining is a celebration of Mediterranean-Greek Cuisine. Named after the "Royal" herb, Basils brings the delicate balance and warmth of Greek comfort food to the modern dining table. At Basils, we pride ourselves on using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients in the market. Specializing in Colorado braised lamb and fresh seafood, Basils aims to satisfy every palate. We offer a wide selection of wines spanning the globe, from your Napa Valley favorites to the islands of Greece. Naperville Magazine's Winner for "Best Ethnic Food" in 2011 and 2012, Basils offers a truly exceptional dining experience. Basils Greek Dining is conveniently located in the circle drive of the Fox Valley Shopping Center. We are proud to have been part of the Aurora-Naperville neighborhood tradition since October of 2009. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Basils Greek Dining - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
Basils Greek Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (40)romantic (34)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014I had a nice lunch yesterday yet was disappointed to find that nearly all prices on"special" menu had been changed. They were offering 50 percent off for their Anniversary, yet when I came home and looked-up their menu on-line I found that I really did not get nearly 50 percent off. Wish they would have left the menu alone and offered 20-25 percent off as was really the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at BasilsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014This has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. My daughter is a vegetarian and loves the spinach pie; it is large enough for at least 2 meals. The vegetarian moussaka is also very good. Last night my husband had the roasted lamb shank & despite the enormous size he finished everything is was so good. I had the baked lamb shank with a cinnamon and tomato sauce. I was afraid it might be too sweet but it was a fantastic combination. The bread pudding for dessert is one of the best I've ever had. It was their anniversary week when everything, including drinks, is 50% off - a great bonus! My only complaint is that the room is very large & open so the noise can get a little overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMargaretVIPDined on 10/28/2014I'm running out of adjectives to describe my favorite restaurant Basils - just when I think the food can't get better, they introduce new pastas to the menu. Yum!Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerRichDined on 10/28/2014The food here is amazing. No matter what I try, the food is delicious. You need to get the jumbo crab cake. Most crab cakes are nothing but bread and very little crab. The crab cake here is just the opposite. It is 98% lump crab. My favorite entree is the braised lamb shank. The staff is friendly and attentive. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A Must for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Looking for authentic Greek.... Basil's got it! We go there on a regular basis, there Roast Lamb is awesome, melt on your mouth. If you prefer fish, the salmond is wonderful both on the eyes and taste. The baklava are like cookies rather then the traditional look but still good. If you like puffy fried dough with cinnamon and honey you have to get Loukoumades, they are warm and fluffy. A great way to end your meal. The staff are very friendly and attentive, they will remember you when you return, down to the bottle of wine you like. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We have dined at Basil's several times over the last 5 years and we have NEVER had a bad meal, bad service or any complaints about the place. The wait staff is attentive and the overall atmosphere is comfortable. If you prefer outside dining, the patio is wonderful complete w/ a huge fireplace and a smaller fire pit to sit around. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes give anyone a run for their money.Special Features:
- Great for Sharing.JASchoicesDined on 10/28/2014Our party of four ordered five appetizers and shared them. All were delicious. We each got our own entrée. Excellent. Sharing let us sample many more items than we could otherwise. Our server had a good sense of humor and was very attentive in spite of an absolutely full restaurant. Lovely experience for us all!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Very expensive.... the only time I can afford to go there is when deals are offered...Special Features:
- Very good.cgk250Dined on 10/27/2014Enjoyed the food. I had the jumbo shrimp shish -k-bob and the shrimp were hugh and perfectly cooked. My husband enjoyed the lamb shank as well. My son ordered the gyros and he enjoyed that. Could have used more sauce and pita bread though. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2014our dinner was excellent-as usual. we love dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Been there twice. Sat outside this summer, sat inside this week. All the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We enjoyed a nice quiet dinner before the crowd increased and the food was Wonderful, Tasty and service was excellent. Very accomadatingSpecial Features:
- Great food and quick service!Cruzin1025Dined on 10/25/2014We dined here for our anniversary. The food was great and the server made a great wine suggestion based on how I described my tastes (I wanted to try a Greek wine, but wasn't as familiar with those as others). We ordered Saganaki (of course...a must have at a Greek restaurant!) and it was served so quickly we were sure he was bringing it to another table. Our main courses also arrived extremely quick and were delicious. My husband loved his filet and said it was comparable to one we'd had on vacation the week before for twice the price. Then they surprised us with a nice dessert for our anniversary. Overall a great meal!Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningJarrettsmomDined on 10/24/2014A wonderful place to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. The food was incredible and portions were so large that we are still enjoying our food days later. The wait staff was perfect, not hovering, but always seeming to know the exact moment we were ready for the next course or drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek with a fresh, modern flairhungrygirlDined on 10/18/2014Best fresh and innovative Greek food in the market. Spanokopita entrée was updated with the addition of fresh figs in the filling (YUM!). Besides the regular menu, a seasonal menu of fantastic specials were highlighted. Smart sides like sautéed dandelion greens were a welcome cuisine-appropriate addition. Wine list is robust, friendly and price points were spot on. And the service? Ask for Myra...she's professional, sociable and provided a level of warm and welcoming service that you just don't get everywhere. Nice that the manager was rotating through the dining room checking on the guests to ensure their expectations were being met. Basil's is getting it right and we look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Great mealYshkstkDined on 10/13/2014Great meal, good service, friendly stuff. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/11/2014Have been to Basils several times in the past and always enjoyed it. This time not so much at all, very poor and disorganized service and wait staff. Kept bringing wrong things to our table and never filled water even after being asked which should not have to be asked at any restaurant. Food was still decent , but poor service puts bad taste in your mouth and cannot make up for it!! Will now think twice before going back for a a good while!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekTheaDined on 10/4/2014Food and service were both excellent. Great Greek restaurant.Special Features:
- MrDenDen31Dined on 10/1/2014We had a great meal. We took my parents and they loved it! Elaine and Angelo were fantastic! The hostess was nice but I didn't get her name. A great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papoliDined on 9/28/2014Ooopha !!!! We went there on our "dress up" date night after the theater. Great food great service romantic! we will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Seating, Wonderful FoodBlairDined on 9/26/2014Basil's has an extensive, authentic Greek menu and wine list. The Watermelon and Feta Salad was incredible! Watermelon, cucumbers, feta, balsamic...loved every bite! The Greek Salad and Tomato Basil Soup were fresh and delicious as well. The desert menu was extensive and looked delicious, though we opted not to order any. Sit outside! We went on a Friday night at 7:30pm - there was live, acoustic music outside, with a fire in both the fireplace and fire pit. Very romantic and relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitorsTwo4DinnerDined on 9/26/2014We brought friends from out of town and were pleased that they enjoyed it as much as we did.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and we sat outside for the first time. It was a good night to be outside. We were celebrating our one year anniversary. It was a nice place to go. The only thing that would have made it better was if our server had been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luv2eatDined on 9/18/2014Excellent service. Waitress was very friendly. Food was deliciously amazing! It was second visit (first visit was also great!) and my parents first visit...we all enjoyed the service & food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMD3rdEyeDined on 9/13/2014The Manager did her best to accommodate us. We were really hungry and asked them to make sure we had a special item ready with drinks the moment we were seated and it was done. We left a Korean restaurant that was totally poorly managed and kept people waiting for over 1 hour due to their own problems with organization. Basils is a 100% for sure place so I saw the open table reservation and made it. We were rewarded for the effort. Thank you Basils team for making our night turn out successful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The waitress was very nice and attentive. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as AlwaysLuv2dinDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful experience at Basils. Five of us ate here before a play. We were very concerned about getting to the play on time and we called ahead and spoke to Angelo. He took our food order over the phone and assured me that we would be out of the restaurant on time. Our waitress was wonderful, not only was the food served in a very timely manner but it was excellent. I had the lamb shank my favorite and the other four ladies had chicken shish kabob. The lamb was tender and full of flavor. The chicken kabobs had a lot of meat as well as veggies. We all had leftover food to enjoy the next day. We had saganaki and it was prefect. Angelo stopped by our table several times to make sure everything was going well.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantsilverfoxDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our son's 25th birthday and had a wonderful experience. We have dined at Basil's on special occasions and always request Mayra as our wait staff, she is an excellent server an helps to make the dinner an even more pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Love this place!shastagirl72VIPDined on 9/5/2014We always have our group birthdays and other group events here amongst friends and are always taken great care of! The bartender is awesome! Food is awesome! The Patio is beautiful outside! Live music on the weekends. Management on premise. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very noisySpiritVIPDined on 8/30/2014A nice restaurant with good food and outdoor dining area. Inside it is very noisy. They have separate rooms for bigger groups which could be used for business purposes. The wine list however is very weak. No dedicated kids menu - however, they will make kids food on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious experienceTootsDined on 8/30/2014I have never gotten a bad meal here. I always leave with the desire to return soon. The food is fantastic! A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014We saw Basil's one day when leaving the Fox Valley mall. We were excited as we hadn't yet found a good, sit-down, Greek restaurant in the western burbs. This place was fantastic! There wasn't a weak spot in the meal. Between my wife, two teenage daughters and I, we had spanikopita - anything but ordinary, pastichio - amazing, stuffed grape leaves - mouth watering just thinking about it, and 2 kinds of pasta. Then for dessert baklava and some heavenly rice pudding. (They were out of chocolate covered baklava, but we'll definitely be going back for more.) Waiter was friendly and very attentive. Between the 4 of us, we spent around $100. Portfolios are huge. So next time, we'll probably be splitting entrees. A great find!Special Features:
- Loved it, again!LoveSteakDined on 8/16/2014The food is fabulous and the place is lovely! We eat there every once in a while and it is always consistent and high quality. We always ask ourselves why we don't go more often.Special Features:
- Always OOOOOPAlicious!foodieforfun1Dined on 8/16/2014Basils has been one of our favorite places for along time! We love lamb, so often order that knowing how wonderfully it is prepared! But my husband has ordered many different entrees or specials & Basils has never failed us in delicious, high quality food & service!( The watermelon salad is to die for) With the Aurora/Naperville areas many choices for dining Basils always shines through! We love the outdoor dining for a romantic evening too! Try it you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCherryBeanDined on 8/9/2014Love this place. Always a great experience. The outside seating is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmrfVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food & service are outstanding. The bar feels like a local hangout. Maggie, the bartender, is the best!!!
- TriczeeTriczeeDined on 8/9/2014Love this place. Great food and excellent service. Every time time I come here just confirms how much I like it time and time again.Special Features:
- Usually Better Than ThisTallvolVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were seated outside at what initially appeared to be a good table. This was before a constant stream of staff started using the gate by us to take dishes around the building. This along with a mostly absent waitress left us dissatisfied with the dining experience. The food was good until we received the baklava. It was so hard we could barely cut into it with a fork. I think this is the first time I have ever left baklava. We will return because our previous experiences have been better. Everyone has an off night. We will avoid the table we were assigned to last night.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place to go last minute as you can usually get in. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm just not GreekcoffeejulzDined on 8/2/2014I have to say that I was not overly impressed. Service was slow and food really wasn't all that special. Maybe I'm not "greek enough" to appreciate what was there. But they had italian dishes on the menu and not as many Greek style dishes as I was hoping for. Not sure I will be back.Special Features: