Basils Greek Dining
4000 Fox Valley Center Dr
Aurora, IL 60504Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Basils Greek Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.basilsgreekdining.com/
- Phone: 6306921300
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Alex Cortez & Oscar Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Basils Greek Dining offers full service catering right to your door. We offer an array of options to compliment your budget and needs. With a full staff ready at your service, Basils will take care of all your catering needs... OPA!
- Private Party Facilities: Basils Greek Dining offers private dining for groups ranging in size from 15 to 200. Whether it is for business or pleasure, Basils offers the same award winning food and service. We look forward to hosting your next event... OPA!
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Petsas 6306921300
- Entertainment: Friday Night Is Opa! Night At Basils Greek Dining, Featuring The Sounds Of "Rythmos". Relax and enjoy the unique tone of Demetris Timeolontos, in combination with the masterful and musical technique of Peter Georgannis. Their innovative style has infused a fresh sound in Greek music entertainment for all to enjoy… Opa!
A word from Basils Greek Dining
OPA! Welcome to Basils Greek Dining! Blending old world tradition with modern culinary flair, innovation, and presentation, Basils Greek Dining is a celebration of Mediterranean-Greek Cuisine. Named after the "Royal" herb, Basils brings the delicate balance and warmth of Greek comfort food to the modern dining table. At Basils, we pride ourselves on using only the highest quality and freshest ingredients in the market. Specializing in Colorado braised lamb and fresh seafood, Basils aims to satisfy every palate. We offer a wide selection of wines spanning the globe, from your Napa Valley favorites to the islands of Greece. Naperville Magazine's Winner for "Best Ethnic Food" in 2011 and 2012, Basils offers a truly exceptional dining experience. Basils Greek Dining is conveniently located in the circle drive of the Fox Valley Shopping Center. We are proud to have been part of the Aurora-Naperville neighborhood tradition since October of 2009. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basils Greek Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (49)good for groups (36)fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good food but very noisySpiritDined on 8/30/2014A nice restaurant with good food and outdoor dining area. Inside it is very noisy. They have separate rooms for bigger groups which could be used for business purposes. The wine list however is very weak. No dedicated kids menu - however, they will make kids food on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious experienceTootsDined on 8/30/2014I have never gotten a bad meal here. I always leave with the desire to return soon. The food is fantastic! A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014We saw Basil's one day when leaving the Fox Valley mall. We were excited as we hadn't yet found a good, sit-down, Greek restaurant in the western burbs. This place was fantastic! There wasn't a weak spot in the meal. Between my wife, two teenage daughters and I, we had spanikopita - anything but ordinary, pastichio - amazing, stuffed grape leaves - mouth watering just thinking about it, and 2 kinds of pasta. Then for dessert baklava and some heavenly rice pudding. (They were out of chocolate covered baklava, but we'll definitely be going back for more.) Waiter was friendly and very attentive. Between the 4 of us, we spent around $100. Portfolios are huge. So next time, we'll probably be splitting entrees. A great find!Special Features:
- Loved it, again!LoveSteakDined on 8/16/2014The food is fabulous and the place is lovely! We eat there every once in a while and it is always consistent and high quality. We always ask ourselves why we don't go more often.Special Features:
- Always OOOOOPAlicious!foodieforfun1Dined on 8/16/2014Basils has been one of our favorite places for along time! We love lamb, so often order that knowing how wonderfully it is prepared! But my husband has ordered many different entrees or specials & Basils has never failed us in delicious, high quality food & service!( The watermelon salad is to die for) With the Aurora/Naperville areas many choices for dining Basils always shines through! We love the outdoor dining for a romantic evening too! Try it you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceCherryBeanDined on 8/9/2014Love this place. Always a great experience. The outside seating is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmrfVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food & service are outstanding. The bar feels like a local hangout. Maggie, the bartender, is the best!!!
- TriczeeTriczeeDined on 8/9/2014Love this place. Great food and excellent service. Every time time I come here just confirms how much I like it time and time again.Special Features:
- Usually Better Than ThisTallvolVIPDined on 8/8/2014We were seated outside at what initially appeared to be a good table. This was before a constant stream of staff started using the gate by us to take dishes around the building. This along with a mostly absent waitress left us dissatisfied with the dining experience. The food was good until we received the baklava. It was so hard we could barely cut into it with a fork. I think this is the first time I have ever left baklava. We will return because our previous experiences have been better. Everyone has an off night. We will avoid the table we were assigned to last night.
- FoodieDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place to go last minute as you can usually get in. Food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm just not GreekcoffeejulzDined on 8/2/2014I have to say that I was not overly impressed. Service was slow and food really wasn't all that special. Maybe I'm not "greek enough" to appreciate what was there. But they had italian dishes on the menu and not as many Greek style dishes as I was hoping for. Not sure I will be back.Special Features:
- good place for a family dinnerfoodiehkDined on 8/1/2014The appetizers and wine selections were good. We were a group of 6 so we sampled an array off appetizers which were excellent. The main course was not that good as it was too greasy and the side dishes of vegetables were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left a Bad Taste in our MouthsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014My husband and I went to dinner at Basil's. He had to get up from the table twice because our server forgot about us. The bread was partly stale & our food was cold and we asked to have it replaced. That took a long time, in between we asked for more bread. We were hungry but received no bread. We had 2 drinks while waiting for the food. His martini cost $1 more to have it served straight up. We have never been charged extra for that before-anywhere! We have been to Basil's before but this time was terrible. There were a couple of people in the restaurant but there was no reason for us to be ignored. I will tell my friends about this experience we were very unhappy!!Special Features:
- A Wonderful Evening!!ronk262Dined on 7/25/2014While browsing through the Open Table, looking for a new place - we stumbled upon Basils'. It is likely our new favorite! A charming room! With live Greek music, a great bar, an inviting outdoor patio - and an elegant, white linen tablecloth dining room that is as classy as anyplace we've ever been! A huge menu! Lined with classic Greek specialties. We enjoyed the Saganaki, Dolmades, and the Keftedies - All were presented simply and were perfect for sharing! An extensive wine and beer list. Our server was helpful and polite, and made sure we had a pleasant dinner. Would reccomend Basils' for anyone, and are already planning our next visit!Special Features:
- Nice place!SarahRyanDined on 7/25/2014Good food and great service. Nice patio with landscaping that nicely hides the view of the shopping mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself!KrisVIPDined on 7/25/2014Basil's Greek Dining is a restaurant gem "hidden" on the frontage road of Westfield Mall in Aurora, IL. It's basically Greek, but there are some menu surprises like the "best ribs in the area", a quote from one of the members of our dining party. The patio is second to none -- complete with a fireplace and live music on the weekends -- weather permitting. For comfortable outside dining as the fall arrives, the patio is replete with heaters to allow late season enjoyment. The food and service are above average, and the staff is very friendly and definitely dedicated assuring your experience is special. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- kstwldcat93Dined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Thought it would be a stretch trying Greek after just returning from sailing in the Ionian Sea; but the food was flavorful, with some small tweeks to americanize the flavors. Overall, we are looking forward to going back and trying some different dishes. Oh, Thursday night is 1/2 off the Beer menu. The had a great selection including Methos which is hard to find in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingsilverfoxDined on 7/14/2014This was our forth time at Basil's, their attention to provide excellent customer service is outstanding. They have an excellent wine list to compliment an outstanding menu. Will definitely return for another great dining experience . . . the best in Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiscriminateDinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We decided at the last minute on a Saturday night to go to dinner in Naperville, (visiting family). We chose Basils Greek Restaurant and will not return. The restaurant is pleasant enough and the patio looks inviting (it was raining so we sat inside). The service was terrible, the waitress took our drink order. I ordered a bottle of the Wente Chardonnay. She brought a bottle of the Wente Riva Ranch and presented it saying, "there are 2 Wente Chards and I assumed you would want the cheaper one"! We had the trio of spreads appetizer, 2 were good, the eggplant was not. We ordered fish and lamb. Fish was overcooked, lamb was good. Most of the evening she rolled silverware rather than wiring on the table and it was a terrible experience.
- Authentic Greek CuisineminnancyDined on 7/12/2014The service was excellent and the food was out of this world! The manager came around as well, to make sure we all were very happy with the food and service. This is not a place you would want to miss if you enjoy Greek cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerGIGiDined on 7/12/2014We brought our daughter and her family to Basils for her birthday celebration and we all enjoyed the experience. Everything brought to the table was fresh and delicious. Our 4 year old twin grandchildren ate with gusto as did everyone else at our table. We all thought the salad was one of the best tasting Greek salads we ever had. The braised lamb shank was well seasoned and tender.Special Features:
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Let me start by saying that I'm Greek. I've been eating Greek food all of my life, so going to a Greek restaurant is probably a different experience for me than it is for others. That being said, the food was great, perfectly cooked. So good I actually said in the days that followed, "man Basil's was good"; however, the wait staff was another story. While they were attentive, they lacked authenticity. The waitstaff was unsure about some of the ingredients used in dishes, they didn't know how to properly pronounce the names of the dishes, and our waitress even had trouble lighting the saganaki. Still, I would definitely go back and would recommend this to others - a better staff would just take this location to another level.Special Features:
- Delicious food and beautiful patio!Foodie3Dined on 7/4/2014The food, ambiance, and staff were wonderful. I sat on the back patio area and it was a beautiful setting, tucked away. My only negative comment is the pricing of the menu. It's a Greek restaurant and I wasn't expecting the menu items to be priced so high. I would go back, but probably just for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerRellaDined on 6/29/2014The food was good, service was great. We at inside, but the patio looked very nice.Special Features:
- Great patio!YummoDined on 6/28/2014Saw this place on Yelp! And thought we would give it a try. Loved the outdoor patio and the landscaping around the building. Food was a little pricey, but good. Would come back foe a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go back.DinnerdateDined on 6/21/2014We were not impressed with the food. We were also disappointed that creme brûlée was discontinued.Special Features:
- SamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our server was great! She was very friendly and personable. Food was outstanding! Everyone in my party was happy with their meal. I will be going back here.Special Features:
- We keep coming backGordonVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I dine here frequently. The food selections are great and the food itself is wonderful. Angelo, the host, is very affable and seems very interested that diners have an enjoyable experience. The place is well maintained, clean, and the landscaping outside is very pleasant. They offer outside dining in the summer which we find pleasant too.Special Features:
- Love!!JessBVIPDined on 6/19/2014Basils is a must, especially in the summer on their patio! Service and food is always great. Our female server and the busser were fantastic Thursday lunch.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!Kwalters04Dined on 6/13/2014Love this place! Great Greek food! Our server was wonderful and super knowledgable. The food comes out at a perfect pace. Never too rushed or slow. I just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek DiningPHOTODined on 6/13/2014Food was good and wait staff very friendly. The main course came out before we finished our salads. Felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love Basil'sRunmomDined on 6/8/2014We love basil's. Always great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek dining experienceGardDined on 6/7/2014I've been here a few times before and always enjoy the experience. the food is excellent, if you don't like Greek food they have other choices that I'm sure are just as good. We ate outside just before the rain came and the only bad thing I can say is that a bus boy was walking a cart full of dirty dishes by our table to the back gate (why this couldn't be done inside the restaurant is beside me) and he banged the dishes and a gate as he pushed thru it. Not the background you want for a romantic dinner. Other than this it was all very good.Special Features:
- BasilLakeForestfoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Portions are very generous. Split the grilled calamari and then had tomato basil soup, which was both excellent and huge so had to take home the gyros(also enough for two)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014One of our favorites for date night:) Yummy food and beautiful settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Visit frequently, my wife had to send back the pork chops as way to over done and tough and the sides were cold. My lamb chops were perfect. They switched out the pork chops to a shrimp dish at her request and all was well. Just a bad night in the kitchen. We will be backSpecial Features:
- luvdiningoutDined on 5/30/2014I have eaten at Basil's many times, have never had a bad meal and service is always the best!!! Recommend Basil's anytime, special occasion or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Autentic Greek FoodBigCountryDined on 5/24/2014My parents felt like it was like stepping into Greece! My dad had grilled octopus an said it was the best he has had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!LyssaDined on 5/23/2014My absolute love for Greek food drew us here. And I must say I am so happy we gave it a chance! The food was outstanding! There are no other words to describe it. I have been to many greek restaurants and there are none that can compare to Basils. The service was impeccable and we felt welcome the second we walked in the door. I will definitely be returning soon, just typing this review is starting to make my mouth water! Cannot wait to come back!!!!!Special Features:
- 40th wedding AnniversaryKalvinDined on 5/18/2014Did a reservation on line. Great food. Good wine. Delighted to have a complimentary cheese cake w/ strawberries for celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.