2985 Grandview Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.basils.net/
- Phone: 4042339755
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday&Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joseph Kahwach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus to fit your occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate small parties as well as large parties. Depending on your occasion, we will customize your menu, pricing and seating for rehearsal dinners, receptions, office parties, birthdays and more.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Kahwach 4049182600
- Entertainment: In the evening spring, summer, and fall you can listen to live jazz and acoustics on our large deck.
A word from Basil's
Serving Atlanta for 21 years, Basil's is a local favorite for great food, friendly service and unmatched atmosphere. The dining room surrounds a beautiful brick fireplace and the large deck is raised up off the street. Basil's offers a very well rounded menu that will please anyone and you will never leave hungry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Basil's - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Basil's reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Quiet place on the edge of BuckheadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Nice patio seating on the edge of a residential area, a few blocks off of the main streets of Buckhead. Great Mediterranean menu - order tapas and small plates or an entrée. Valet parking. Went early on a Friday night and a great guitarist started playing about when we were finishing.Special Features:
- I'll be back!crazyaboutKathyDined on 8/29/2014I found Basil's online. Other places just didn't seem to fit the mood I was wanting. I wanted excellent food and a quiet place away from the noise and bustle of Peachtree Street and Piedmont Road. The cuisine and the pictures on their website sealed my interest. Seeing where it was located, I knew it was just enough off the primary roads but not too far. I made a lunch reservation for my best friend's birthday. It had to be special! It had to be right! It was exactly what I had hoped! We've added a new special place on our list of favorite places!Special Features:
- lovely lunchchrisvVIPDined on 8/24/2014We sat outside for lunch on Sunday and loved everything about it. Very cute place, excellent service and the food was delicious. I would recommend it to anyone and will be going back soon! It had been a very long time since I have been there and am so happy we revisited it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemluv2dineoutDined on 8/17/2014We have been to Basil's several times and it is always good. We sat outside on a lovely evening. It is on a quiet street with little houses all around. I wish there were more places like it in Atlanta. The food was very good. They do not rush you and come around to the table just often enough. When we can't decide where to go, we head to Basil's and we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Our First Visit...We'll Be Back1ceMaidenVIPDined on 8/16/2014We live within walking distance of Basil's & my husband had jogged past it several times. Wanting to try some place new, we decided on Basil's. What a treat! Although it was a warm night, we elected to dine outside on the patio, which is both tree- and umbrella-shaded. Our server Rachel was energetic, enthusiastic & informative. We started with a mushroom flatbread, following by salad -- caesar for me and caprese for him. I ordered salmon & my husband tried their pork tenderloin. Alas, no room for dessert (and not a crumb left on our plates!) We are very happy to have found Basil's and look forward to many more return visits in all seasons.Special Features:
- WondieWondieVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent. Our server was great. The only problem was they forgot our salads. Otherwise great. Will definitely dine there again!!Special Features:
- gr8 dining outside / food mediocreElizabethF1963Dined on 7/22/2014My friend and I chose Basil's to celebrate out bday and it was great sitting outside, but the food was not great - I ate it, but the grouper tasted like it had been frozen and the sauce was like marmalade from a jar.Special Features:
- OkEMILDined on 7/16/2014The food was average. Outdoor seating was good. The Paella dish is not recommended.Special Features:
- Bad Day for DinnerMPMATLVIPDined on 7/12/2014Hadn't been to Basil's in a decade and won't go back. Basil's clearly had a bad day. They were packed past capacity due to a party the restaurant claimed brought significantly more people than in the reservation. 20 minutes to get a seat, even with a reservation. Downhill from there. Our waitress was spread thin so we sat for 20 minutes before anyone brought water, asked us for drinks or discussed the menu. Drink orders were mixed-up, forgotten, etc. Dinner took more than an hour to come out and was glazed over from being under a heat lamp. And my medium steak was VERY well done. The waitress neglected to key in one of the orders, which took another 15 minutes to arrive after recognizing the error. Tepid apologies at best.
- crablovrDined on 7/10/2014If you like Greek food - this is the real deal with new twists. Everything fresh & delicious, and we loved the neighborhood setting. Mezze platter outstanding.Special Features:
- GPeebsDined on 6/20/2014This place never disappoints. Great food, great deckSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We were excited to try out this new place. The food was amazing! Has a number of options for vegetarians too. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and can't wait to visit them againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 568 reviews are from the Basil's reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2014We frequent Basil's...the owner is very hands on and the patio is one of the best outdoor dining venues in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprepared but ended up goodskelcoVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went for what was supposed to be the final night of Buckhead Restaurant Week. When we arrived, the outside deck, where we wanted to sit,was reserved for a private party, so we ended up in the front room inside, the only party there. Service-hit or miss. Mostly miss. Food: complimentary flatbread of sundried tomatoes, herbs, and olive oil-good. Mussels-excellent Steak-large but room temp Lamb chops-2 tiny ones, not worth the price Salad-so so Midway through our meal, another table was taken by two young women who ordered drinks and tapas. The owner stopped by and told them he would send some hummus on the house while studiously ignoring us; they then somehow ended up on our bill! Thanks, buddy. We may be back.Special Features:
- Another Great EveningNemelDined on 5/24/2014Best patio in Atlanta! The food was great, grilled scallops with jalapeño grits and pecan crusted grouper that was prepared perfectly. A nice spot to enjoy a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deckNickandmeDined on 5/22/2014Really enjoyed the beautiful deck. Service was good, a little slow, but they were really busy. The live music added to the fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!!AlysonDined on 5/17/2014You can never go wrong when you decide to eat at Basil's! It's my favorite gem of a restaurant! The food, the atmosphere, the service it's all top notch. It's more of a laid back enviroment with a romantic and classy edge. You never leave saying I won't be back, you always leave saying I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Marvelous foodcah925Dined on 5/17/2014My friend and I went for her birthday. It was the first night of Buckhead Restaurant week and we selected Basils menu after reading the other 20+ restaurants menus that were also participating. Without a doubt, we picked the perfect restaurant. Super cute, great ambiance, eclectic music, and marvelous food. Definitely planing on going back. BTW - take them up on their valet (free) service. The restaurant is on a tiny side street and finding parking is impossible.Special Features:
- Hidden GemamschoeVIPDined on 5/15/2014This restaurant is built in a little house on a side street where several houses are restaurants. Cute little deck surrounded by gardens. Ambiance is terrific, and the food matches. We only ate tapas and dessert but they were delicious. I would especially recommend the lamb ribs with slaw, mussels, and shrimp and crab spring rolls, but everything was great. An added bonus - they really knew how yo make a great cocktail. I love Manhattans and this is the first place in a long time that actually took the time to soak the cherries in bourbon rather than throwing them in straight from the jar. Believe me, it makes a big difference. Love this place!Special Features:
- SpiritDined on 5/11/2014Most were eating outside- We had a private dining room- wonderful- The Greek Shrimp dish was unreal!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Experience!SchwanneetahDined on 5/11/2014Had a reservation, but waited for 20 minutes while they seated all who came after us without a reservation. Very bad service and not acceptable in any standards. Some starters never came and the host wanted us to pack it and take it home after the meal! (Didn't buy that!) Waiter kicked a chair and gave my wife a bruise in the leg. It is a restaurant that is NEVER about you. Food is a B, but there are many places in Atlanta that you can have much better food and certainly better service. Bad energy from the staff and definitely NOT a good experience for Mother's Day. If anyone wants to pay a lot of money for bad service and bad treatment? This is the place!
- Abby13Dined on 5/11/2014As always...a delicious meal and evening was perfect for dining on their terrace.Special Features:
- Pre-Mother's Day DinnerhmdivaDined on 5/10/2014There was a group of 7 who had dinner at Basil's and it was very good. The ambiance was great, not crowded at all and there was live music which was fantastic. The food was very good and the staff was accommodating to myself, who was there with my 9 year old son. I was able to modify one of their dishes to a "child's portion", which was helpful. Overall, I would certainly return. Even my aunt, who was visiting from New York, praised it again the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood dining.OldMonkVIPDined on 5/10/2014Select open air patio seating - the experience changes. Excellent service, live gentle music and excellent food make this a great place for an evening out.Special Features:
- Used to enjoy. Now? Not so much.lolaDined on 5/10/2014Basil's used to be a solid choice for a good, quiet dinner on a nice patio. Not any more. The food is still passable, though not great. Menu is very limited, very standard and somewhat basic. Most dishes were a bit bland, though the fried items were cooked nicely. Service was absolutely terrible. We arrived at the start of dinner time when the restaurant was not crowded and there was no excuse for the slow service. At least one family member had a cold entree, and at the end of a meal that dragged on forever, a member of our party of 5 finally had to get up from the table, go inside, and find a bartender to request our check since our waiter disappeared for more than 15 minutes. Dirty bathrooms. Loud music on the patio. Not. Going. Back.
- Delicious food!Jmf11VIPDined on 5/10/2014I have always enjoyed their food! If you are looking for a nice quiet place to eat this would be the place. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the people that work there are not super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood stapleAtlantaReviewDined on 5/2/2014Basil's has been on the rise and fall for years. While the outdoor deck is a favorite, the food and service have been inconsistent which is why I have not been there in some time. I returned recently to find that everything was enjoyable, although the staff is sometimes difficult to hunt down. An owner was there who was very nice to us and made sure we were taken care of. Worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put it on your short listIslandDuxVIPDined on 4/28/2014We had a great evening here celebrating my wife's birthday. All our food was good, from mussels to rack of lamb. Although it is ostensibly a Greek restaurant, it was more of a Mediterranean menu with something for everyone. We sat outside and the evening was perfect. I will definitely add Basil's to my list of favourite Atlanta restaurants.Special Features:
- Timing is everythingSavytasterDined on 4/23/2014Fantastic place, food is good but why have a reservation and still have to wait a half hour? Answer: because some were seated without a reservation -no fore thought by staff. Make a reservation for 630 if you intend to arrive at 7 then the wait should only be a few mins.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!bball11575VIPDined on 4/21/2014Rachel was fantastic and I believe the owner was also there providing great service. We really enjoyed the shrimp entree (yummmmmm!), the toasted ravioli, the grilled vegetables and of course the wine! Also a great night to sit outside to dine. Great experience!Special Features:
- Went for brunch EasterloverestaurantsDined on 4/20/2014The service was awful!!!!!!!!!! They ran out of coffee cups. The waitress came by twice during the hour we were there - we had to remove our plates to another table. She never came to ask for coffee refills. Husband had to get up to ask for coffee and was told there it was brewing for 30 minutes. Very disorganized for a brunch situation. Would never go again because of the service alone. And, we were overcharged for drinks. Freezing inside the restaurant. OVERALL VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014First time there the food was phnomamal. .. will definitely be a go to place when in the buckhead areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basil's Exceeded Our Expectations!ChrisDined on 4/15/2014I was browsing Open Table for something different than the local restaurants we visit on a regular basis when I ran across Basil's. I was originally drawn to it because of Open Table's rating of it having a great view but the menu sounded interesting too. We are glad we tried it. The appetizers and entrees were fantastic; the wine selection was not overbearing and had great choices; the service was prompt and extremely courteous; and to top it off, the owner treated each guest as a personal friend. We have not had this type of experience in quite some time. We have found our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besides the food, we loveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014Besides the food, we love our waiter Bo; he always makes us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!BuckheadLunchersClubDined on 3/21/2014We find a new place each month for lunch in Buckhead. Basil ' s caused us to bend the rules and start factoring in repeats! The food was delicious; we had the lamb, seafood paella, and Greek shrimp and tasted each others. We finished with an amazing chocolate mousse that was almost too beautiful to eat (almost) and tiramisu and coffee, also wonderful. The food combined with the outdoor patio and personable server put Basils' on our 'must go back' list. I'm going back on my own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Basil's was an excellent location for my mid-week date last week. The salmon was tasty and healthy and the atmosphere was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full of flavor!ITPFoodieDined on 2/21/2014Stuffed grape leaves were amazing! We had tapas and every selection was delightful and large enough for two to share. We never got to order a main meal. This is a good first date restaurant Food is consistent and the artwork can stimulate conversation. And you can have a conversation since dining is set up in smaller rooms. Glad this is in my neighborhood! Our server seemed very scattered and it took a lot longer to get dessert ordered, coffee and the bill then you would expect when the place was only half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are brunch snobs!gayledDined on 2/16/2014I have a very picky husband when it comes to brunch. He is a big traditionalist! I, on the other hand, prefer brunch to be what the name implies...breakfast food or lunch. this restaurant fit the bill perfectly. I had the Basil's Benedict...crab cake and artichoke. Fabulous! We had another couple with us and they agreed. We will return...and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatKat5Dined on 2/15/2014We were guests at a private dinner catered by Basil's and loved the food and the chef that prepared it in the home, so we decided to try the restaurant in person. The location and food were wonderful, but our reservation, made through Open Table (on the day of our dinner) was not on the books at the restaurant, and so we had to wait a short time (which in itself was not a problem as we were able to wait with a glass of wine in the bar area), but then we were seated at an awkward table next to the front door, which other customers left open every time they came in and left. The real issue was that the reservation made through Open Table was not communicated to the restaurant, so I would call Basil directly instead to book a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good--rushed us outSallyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed the food--however, was surprised at fast they hurried us out. For $100 evening for 2, on non holiday, with no wait, felt very rushed....entrees were out minutes after salad came out, and bill was out before we finished dinner....