27 43rd Street
Sea Isle City, NJ 08243Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.basilicosristorante.com/
- Phone: 6092631010x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week. Serving dinner at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Oliver
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: We offer a full menu of catering items all prepared to the amount of guests you will be having. Our menu is available to view from our website or you can pick one up in house. If there is an item you are looking for that you don't find please don't hesitate to ask if we can accommodate your request.
A word from Basilicos Ristorante
Basilico’s Ristorante and Pizzeria is owned and operated by Chef, Scott Oliver and Pizza Man, Vinson Powell. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1999. We are dedicated to offering you quality ingredients and authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Basilicos Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
Basilicos Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (43)kid-friendly (33)special occasion (26)romantic (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place to eat at the shoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food was very good. Price was reasonable and the menu had a variety of dishes at varied price ranges. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!KLO1013VIPDined on 8/24/2014We were visiting from out of town, and someone suggested Basilicos to us. We were looking for a light bite, so we ordered the calamari fritta bruscetta from the app's menu. It was both very tender and very delicious!! I then had the lobster mac and cheese (also from the app's menu) and it was so good, I could've had another! Next time we're in town, we will be back, with a bigger appetite so that we can enjoy more from this delicious menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Sea Isle CityprofgoldDined on 8/23/2014Basilicos has some of the best food in Sea Isle City. Most of the food we order here is Italian but their menu is not limited to it. My wife loves their pasta with sausage and I really like the pescadore. Their pasta sauces are excellent even though both are very different. Remodeled two years ago and it is much more of a fine food restaurant than it was previously. Prices are very reasonable and include a salad with a great dressing.Special Features:
- YummmmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Imaginative twist on traditional chicken, veal, pasta, seafood, lamb dishes. Entrees are accompanied by homemade agnolotti, gnocchi & pastas. Cheery service at the crowded shore. BYOB a plus! Extended season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basilico's never disappointsglowgirl23Dined on 8/21/2014We visited here on 8/21/14 and as always, the food, service and atmosphere were fabulous! We had reservations and were seated immediately. The staff always makes us feel welcome and valued. Always a winner!Special Features:
- One of the best on the islandAtTheShoreDined on 8/17/2014There are plenty of restaurants in town that tout themselves as "fine dining", but Basilico's actually delivers. Not only can Vinson and Scott cook, but they are incredibly nice people with a truly fresh outlook on creating menu items. The staff is always knowledgeable and the food is always incredible. Normally, I would shy away from "specials" knowing the kitchen is just trying to push some items, but that is not the case here. Scott is in the back creating something original that he simply could not fit on his menu. During this dinner, I actually asked our server to tell the chef to whip up a pasta dish that he would want to eat. We were given homemades with an absolutely delicious homemade sausage. AAAAA+++++, great job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a special night and we had a great time! Fantastic food, friendly service. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AverageMexicoGirlDined on 8/14/2014Basilico's has some interesting sounding things on the menu but every time we've eaten there my criticism of the food is the same--food lacks flavor. The chicken and veal dishes are not over-cooked--just no "star" quality. The Basilico salad was good and everyone liked the bread. Appetizers--ok but not great.
- Great DinnerRachmurph84Dined on 8/14/2014My dinner was a dish with mussels, shrimp, clams, and calamari in a light red sauce over linguine. It was delicious! Everyone in my party of four loved the meals they got. I also like that it is BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We always make Basilicos a must go to place when we are in Sea Isle. First and foremost the food is very good. The fact that you can make reservations and it is a BYOB is also so convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always accommodatingGraceDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming here since the first week they opened, food is always excellent. If you want something off menu, they always try to accommodate. One of the most amazing things they do for a shore town is they train there wait staff and it shows by how The customers are treated.Special Features:
- DinnerJoeMac1960Dined on 8/8/2014We had dinner on a Friday night. Crowded, which is expected for a jersey shore restaurant. The food is always good here and is authentic Italian fare. The appetizers are especially goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaolinaDined on 8/7/2014My experience at Basilicos was great for so many reasons! The young, friendly, and knowledgeable server was well versed in the specials of the day and her suggestions were very delicious. My meal of clams,capers, and broccoli rabe over pasta was excellent, as were the dinners of my friends. My husband thought the salmon over pasta was perfectly cooked. Our water glasses were always filled, the dipping olive oil was smooth, and the aroma was divine! Can't wait to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 8/6/2014They handled our group of 12 including 2 infants very well. The tables are tightly packed and it was way too noisy. You could barely hear the people across the table and it was impossible to hear the waiter give the specials.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We come here every year n always look forward to eating hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and Sea Isle treasure!SunDvlGrlDined on 8/2/2014In one word, Basilicos was incredible! I made a late night reservation (10 p.m.), and the staff was more than accommodating despite the late hour. From the moment we walked in and seated by the gracious hostess to our server who was very patient and attentive, it was a really great experience. And the food is always so wonderful - year after year - so hats off to the chef(s). We had the calamari as an app and entrees: tilapia, ravioli, and scallops (a special), all of which were reported back as superb. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- dining excellence at the beachRICKFRATDined on 8/1/2014EXCELLENT BREAD AND DIPPING SAUCE AND HOMEMEADE SALAD DRESSING ARE GREAT STARTERS; BASCILICO MARGURITA PIZZA A TREMENDOUS MID-COURSE...WIFE HAD RAVIOLI WITH CRAB MEAT AND I HAD THE ORICCHETTI APP TURNED INTO AN ENTRE' - BOTH WERE REALLY GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it herefroggetteDined on 7/31/2014We love coming here. It is busy, lively, local and fun. The food is always consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnietDined on 7/29/2014Highly recommend it. I needed a place to impress my in-laws. This fits the billSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We love eating dinner here. One of our favorite restaurants!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent until rude hostessCislesweetieVIPDined on 7/28/2014I have been here numerous times over the years and love it here, but this time after enjoying our meal and finishing our wine, the hostess tapped on our table and said, this table has a ressie, assuming she meant reservation, people are waiting and then walked away! We were there a total of an hour and 10 minutes. I have never been so rudely spoken to! There were also 3 tables empty, it was a Monday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Restaurant is very attractive. Staff was very friendly and professional. Waitress was knowledgeable about food preparation and helpful with selection. Nice range of prices. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Great mealJag3VIPDined on 7/25/2014Second time visiting, dinner was great. Sarah our waitress was great as well as the support staff. Will return.Special Features:
- Basilicos Ristorante - a must try!GrampyFDined on 7/24/2014This was our 3rd time at this restaurant and again it was excellent! Highly recommended, great food at a reasonable cost - do make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NJSheaDined on 7/21/2014Our dinner was outstanding as it always is. This is our favorite place to eat. The meals are unbelievable and we always enjoy ourselves. This last time, I had the Quail special which was incredible! My husband and I tried the Peach appetizer which we loved. I can't say enough about Basilico's....they are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJrzgpaDined on 7/20/2014Appys were good except for peach combo. Entrees were good. Cannoli and tira missu were bland tasting. Wait staff didn't clean table completely of all used plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food on the coastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Basilico's never ceases to impress. The food and service at this restaurant can compete with any of the top rated philly restaurants. The specials blew us away. We had the grilled peaches app and perfectly seared scallops special app that were outstanding. The highlight of the meal was the stuffed flounder with homemade lobster tortellini and the corn stuffed quail. This was the best preparation of quail I have ever eaten, which is saying a lot since I have tried it just about everywhere. The quail was very moist with a nice crisp skin and the stuffing was delicious. The homemade lobster tortellini in the lobster bisque broth was a perfect compliment to the stuffed flounder. If you are down the shore, you should make the trip.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE TO EAT & ENJOY LIFERichCarolfromCTDined on 7/16/2014WE EAT AT BASILICOS EVERY TIME WE ARE IN TOWN. I ALWAYS EAT FROM THE SPECIAL MENU. THE SELECTIONS ARE ALWAYS A CULINARY JOY AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY. MY WIFE HAD THE SPINICH, SHRIMP & ASPAGUS SOUP FOR AN APPETIZER AND I HAD THE SCALLOP APPETIZER SPECIAL. BOTH WERE EXCELLENT. WE BOTH HAD THE VEAL & SHRIMP DINNER SPECIAL AND AGAIN BOTH EXCELLENT. WE WILL ALWAYS TAKE FRIENDS WITH US WHEN THEY ARE IN TOWN.Special Features:
- Very good Jersey Shore diningPhilatwoDined on 7/11/2014We dined at Basilicos Ristorante for the first time and were very pleased with our experience. The greeting by the hostess was very welcoming, and our server, Sarah, was excellent. The food was well prepared and nicely presented. Great bread and good appetizers and salad. The main courses were outstanding: flounder stuffed with crabmeat in a nice light sauce; and pescatore passomonti, linguini topped with a generous serving of seafood (mussels, shrimp, clams, etc) in a delicious light tomato sauce. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Staggering pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We brought our three kids here for dinner. Service was fine, the food was good, but the prices were killer. They charged $7 for a kid's meal (and that did not include any drink, side, or dessert). One of my kids had pizza, and the other two had ravioli. $7 for ONE slice of pizza? The other two kids received THREE ravioli each. Sadly, we cannot justify coming back here.
- Mickey7Dined on 7/8/2014The food quality was inconsistent. The polenta antipasti was very good. My Vongole Napoletano was mediocre. Clams too large and sauce was gritty. My wife's chicken was dry. So, for the price, no return.
- Excellent food and wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Basilicos was recommended by Marie in Salon Shannon Leigh. It was great as she said and the atmosphere and staff were nice. We got there early and being able to make reservations on line saved us from waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!restaurantroverDined on 6/29/2014There are several good restaurants in Sea Isle City, but Basilicos is by far the best---- lively ambiance, friendly service and excellent food, not to mention it is BYO. The complimentary bread and dipping sauce is delicious and has a uniquely different taste than most dipping sauces. The house made salad dressing is outstanding. I must admit I keep coming back to the same two entrees because they are both so wonderful. They are the Chicken Vincenzo, made with the most decadent gorganzola sauce and the Ravioli AnneMarie, which has a very smooth sauce containing an abundance of crabmeat. My husband is more adventurous and usually orders one of the nightly specials. He has never been disappointed. The best of the Jersey Shore!!Special Features:
- Delicious!EheldDined on 6/28/2014Food is reliably good. Service is always very good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice byobJag3VIPDined on 6/27/2014Visited for the first time this weekend. Food was very good, Lucy our waitress was great. Will return.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Loved our meal. Everything was delicious and we plan to return again this week. Server was pleasant and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SICcdgalDined on 6/19/2014Delicious food...appealing presentation...plenty of leftovers....best prices in town...get reservatios....everyone loves this little bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeffLDined on 6/18/2014Much nicer than a pizza joint, but not stuffy. The food and service are top notch. Forty dollar dinner for two at the shore is almost unheard of. The salad was fresh and served with a home made Vidalia dressing. The meatballs are home made as well and worth coming back for alone. Will return. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Isle City GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Every time we are here in Sea Isle City either on vacation or Girls Weekend, Basilicos is our favorite restaurant. Owned by wonderful family who pay attention to the variety and freshness of their food. We love it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent appetizersgraham100Dined on 6/16/2014Their calamari appetizer is out of this world as is their polenta appetizer. Outstanding service.Special Features: