27 43rd Street
Sea Isle City, NJ 08243Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.basilicosristorante.com/
- Phone: 6092631010x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week. Serving dinner at 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Oliver
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: We offer a full menu of catering items all prepared to the amount of guests you will be having. Our menu is available to view from our website or you can pick one up in house. If there is an item you are looking for that you don't find please don't hesitate to ask if we can accommodate your request.
A word from Basilicos Ristorante
Basilico’s Ristorante and Pizzeria is owned and operated by Chef, Scott Oliver and Pizza Man, Vinson Powell. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1999. We are dedicated to offering you quality ingredients and authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Basilicos Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
Basilicos Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (29)kid-friendly (27)romantic (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Heard this was the place to eat in Sea Isle! Great food, great time, will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAlmostEmptyNesters2Dined on 10/18/2014We love byob places, especially Italian ones. This a very relaxing & pleasant place to dine. It wasn't our first time here & certainly won't be the last. The menu here is Phenom ... great menu selection, great food and plenty of it! Service is wonderful too. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- nickDined on 10/11/2014food always excellent and so was service. best part was dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBeachloverDined on 10/9/2014First time in the city if Sea Isle, A lovely town that basically shuts down in the winter. This restaurant is open weekends. Now is a great time to try it. In the summer I hear the lines are long. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCharmedandgreyDined on 10/3/2014Came for birthday celebration and enjoyed every aspect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreamkid1Dined on 9/27/2014Good food, great service - an all around friendly neighborhood eatery even if a little noisy!Special Features:
- Real findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014Have been going to the Jersey shore for years but had never before made it to Basilicos. It is a real find. Will always make sure We go there again..and again.Special Features:
- Specials raise the bar even higherEverySatNightVIPDined on 9/20/2014Basilicos is always a great experience but found a way to raise the bar during a hectic Irish Weekend. We ordered two of the specials, scallops and chicken marsala, both were outstanding. The sauces were creative and the homemade pasta was best in class. The service was pleasant, attentive and never rushed. Overall a great food and dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!SallyDined on 9/14/2014The food and service at this restaurant never fails! They are both always excellent. I look forward to my meal at Bascillicos everything time I am in Sea Isle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014First time eating there but not my last. The four of us all enjoyed our delicious meals. Apps were also great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Excellent food specials, many choices, homemade creamy Italian dressing to die for, great ambiance, always look forward to ding here on my trips to sea isle!Special Features:
- Yum Yum Yumlove2eatDined on 9/1/2014Basilicos never disappoints! Food was amazing. I love their lasagna and the bang bang shrimp. Calamari Brushetta was different, but very delicious. I personally, love their oil with olives for the bread. I never eat bread when I go out, but I make an exception for theirs.Special Features:
- another excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014By far the best restaurant down at the jersey shore. You cannot go wrong ordering any of the specials or off the menu. We had the fig jam focaccia special that was out of sight and the stuffed eggplant roll that is always a winner. The stuffed flounder dinner special was cooked perfectly and stuffed with huge chunks of crab meat. The tuna special was equally great with homemade gnocchi and figs. It is nice to see pasta being prepared by hand daily rather than boxed/machine produced pasta.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian FoodSn082021Dined on 8/30/2014We had a delicious meal, the service was great, and we didn't feel rushed. There are so many shore reataurants, but there is a good reason this one has endured. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This restaurant was fantastic... Food delicious, service friendly and extremely attentive... A wonderful find.... We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyGraceDined on 8/28/2014We've been coming here since the first week it opened. Since this is a summer home for us, we don't get here as often as we would like. One of the great things about this restaurant besides the food, is that they train their wait staff which is great for the patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat at the shoreFrugalFamilyDined on 8/25/2014Food was very good. Price was reasonable and the menu had a variety of dishes at varied price ranges. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!KLO1013VIPDined on 8/24/2014We were visiting from out of town, and someone suggested Basilicos to us. We were looking for a light bite, so we ordered the calamari fritta bruscetta from the app's menu. It was both very tender and very delicious!! I then had the lobster mac and cheese (also from the app's menu) and it was so good, I could've had another! Next time we're in town, we will be back, with a bigger appetite so that we can enjoy more from this delicious menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Sea Isle CityprofgoldDined on 8/23/2014Basilicos has some of the best food in Sea Isle City. Most of the food we order here is Italian but their menu is not limited to it. My wife loves their pasta with sausage and I really like the pescadore. Their pasta sauces are excellent even though both are very different. Remodeled two years ago and it is much more of a fine food restaurant than it was previously. Prices are very reasonable and include a salad with a great dressing.Special Features:
- YummmmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Imaginative twist on traditional chicken, veal, pasta, seafood, lamb dishes. Entrees are accompanied by homemade agnolotti, gnocchi & pastas. Cheery service at the crowded shore. BYOB a plus! Extended season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basilico's never disappointsglowgirl23Dined on 8/21/2014We visited here on 8/21/14 and as always, the food, service and atmosphere were fabulous! We had reservations and were seated immediately. The staff always makes us feel welcome and valued. Always a winner!Special Features:
- One of the best on the islandAtTheShoreDined on 8/17/2014There are plenty of restaurants in town that tout themselves as "fine dining", but Basilico's actually delivers. Not only can Vinson and Scott cook, but they are incredibly nice people with a truly fresh outlook on creating menu items. The staff is always knowledgeable and the food is always incredible. Normally, I would shy away from "specials" knowing the kitchen is just trying to push some items, but that is not the case here. Scott is in the back creating something original that he simply could not fit on his menu. During this dinner, I actually asked our server to tell the chef to whip up a pasta dish that he would want to eat. We were given homemades with an absolutely delicious homemade sausage. AAAAA+++++, great job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it every yearJBabz1Dined on 8/15/2014Great BYOB that is well worth the wait, book early as it fills up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a special night and we had a great time! Fantastic food, friendly service. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AverageMexicoGirlDined on 8/14/2014Basilico's has some interesting sounding things on the menu but every time we've eaten there my criticism of the food is the same--food lacks flavor. The chicken and veal dishes are not over-cooked--just no "star" quality. The Basilico salad was good and everyone liked the bread. Appetizers--ok but not great.
- Great DinnerRachmurph84Dined on 8/14/2014My dinner was a dish with mussels, shrimp, clams, and calamari in a light red sauce over linguine. It was delicious! Everyone in my party of four loved the meals they got. I also like that it is BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We always make Basilicos a must go to place when we are in Sea Isle. First and foremost the food is very good. The fact that you can make reservations and it is a BYOB is also so convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always accommodatingGraceDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming here since the first week they opened, food is always excellent. If you want something off menu, they always try to accommodate. One of the most amazing things they do for a shore town is they train there wait staff and it shows by how The customers are treated.Special Features:
- DinnerJoeMac1960Dined on 8/8/2014We had dinner on a Friday night. Crowded, which is expected for a jersey shore restaurant. The food is always good here and is authentic Italian fare. The appetizers are especially goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaolinaDined on 8/7/2014My experience at Basilicos was great for so many reasons! The young, friendly, and knowledgeable server was well versed in the specials of the day and her suggestions were very delicious. My meal of clams,capers, and broccoli rabe over pasta was excellent, as were the dinners of my friends. My husband thought the salmon over pasta was perfectly cooked. Our water glasses were always filled, the dipping olive oil was smooth, and the aroma was divine! Can't wait to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 8/6/2014They handled our group of 12 including 2 infants very well. The tables are tightly packed and it was way too noisy. You could barely hear the people across the table and it was impossible to hear the waiter give the specials.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We come here every year n always look forward to eating hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and Sea Isle treasure!SunDvlGrlDined on 8/2/2014In one word, Basilicos was incredible! I made a late night reservation (10 p.m.), and the staff was more than accommodating despite the late hour. From the moment we walked in and seated by the gracious hostess to our server who was very patient and attentive, it was a really great experience. And the food is always so wonderful - year after year - so hats off to the chef(s). We had the calamari as an app and entrees: tilapia, ravioli, and scallops (a special), all of which were reported back as superb. Thanks for everything!Special Features:
- dining excellence at the beachRICKFRATDined on 8/1/2014EXCELLENT BREAD AND DIPPING SAUCE AND HOMEMEADE SALAD DRESSING ARE GREAT STARTERS; BASCILICO MARGURITA PIZZA A TREMENDOUS MID-COURSE...WIFE HAD RAVIOLI WITH CRAB MEAT AND I HAD THE ORICCHETTI APP TURNED INTO AN ENTRE' - BOTH WERE REALLY GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it herefroggetteDined on 7/31/2014We love coming here. It is busy, lively, local and fun. The food is always consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnietDined on 7/29/2014Highly recommend it. I needed a place to impress my in-laws. This fits the billSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We love eating dinner here. One of our favorite restaurants!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent until rude hostessCislesweetieVIPDined on 7/28/2014I have been here numerous times over the years and love it here, but this time after enjoying our meal and finishing our wine, the hostess tapped on our table and said, this table has a ressie, assuming she meant reservation, people are waiting and then walked away! We were there a total of an hour and 10 minutes. I have never been so rudely spoken to! There were also 3 tables empty, it was a Monday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Restaurant is very attractive. Staff was very friendly and professional. Waitress was knowledgeable about food preparation and helpful with selection. Nice range of prices. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Great mealJag3VIPDined on 7/25/2014Second time visiting, dinner was great. Sarah our waitress was great as well as the support staff. Will return.Special Features: