676 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://basilicarestaurant.net/
- Phone: 2124890051
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Katerina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Basilica
Small hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant. Intimate atmosphere, with a delicious selection of Homemade pasta dishes. We have been a great local neighborhood restaurant for 16 years - a great spot for locals and tourist alike. A $27.95 per person three course pre-theater special with a complementary bottle of wine for every 2 people that order the special is served from 3:00pm to 6:30pm every day except on Mondays when we offer it the whole day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basilica reviews from OpenTable diners
- Can't see what the fuss isDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 5/5/2012Can't see what the fuss is about. Our meals were passable and the service hit or miss. definitely not worth a return trip.
- This is a cozy restaurant...theLINancyVIPDined on 5/4/2012This is a cozy restaurant...the service was great...food was good....I wouldn't say great..but we take advantage of the price fixe pre theatre dinner specials....Perhaps next time would order off the regular menu.Special Features:
- Loved the home made pasta!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2012Come here for the homemade pasta. The bread was good...but the garlic bread was better. Skip the salad...it was okay. Pasta was unreal. I had the ravioli ala basilica (I think that's what it was called) and subbed pink sauce for the cream sauce. Unreal. Fantastic!!! Hubby ordered the tortellini and as rich as it was-- finished the entire bowl ( minus a few bites I stole). I loved this place. Cannot wait to go back. :-) major carb coma but entirely worth it!!!!Special Features:
- Was perfect for my beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012Was perfect for my before 7pm show dinner on a Thursday night. Had a 5:30 res and made was out in time without feeling rushed. Food was hot and tasty. Service was quick and attentive.Special Features:
- Perfect Small Birthday CelebrationDamonDined on 4/25/2012Perfect place to have small birthday celebration with family/ friends. Food is ALWAYS outstanding, ambiance calm, friendly staff. I chose to come here for a special celebration and will again!Special Features:
- Overall a great experience!rofogirlDined on 4/25/2012Overall a great experience! It truly is a "small hole in the wall", but didn't feel OVERLY crowded. The food was delicious and plentiful, however, the service was RUSHED! You barely had time to put down your fork between bites and they came and whisked away your plate. The next course arrived immediately. I would try it again, however, I would make it known that I am not in any type of rush!Special Features:
- Nice local place, small soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2012Nice local place, small so reservations are suggested. Large portions, but food is very good. I"m Italian and very critical, the Risotto was done perfectly.Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012Lovely atmosphere, definitely come here on a date. Food was really good and not terribly expensive.Special Features:
- We loved the feel of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2012We loved the feel of the restaurant and the wait staff were very friendly. The food was delicious, homemade pAsta was to die for.Special Features:
- Basilica was a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012Basilica was a good choice for a party of four. Waiter was very knowledgeablea about how various entrees were prepared and what ingredients were used. Service was good; food was well above average and very reasonably priced for location.Special Features:
- Ordered the pre theater meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012Ordered the pre theater meal, which is well priced but chicken was tasteless.
- as always, delicious freshlyjanegoldVIPDined on 4/1/2012as always, delicious freshly cooked food accompanied by diligent service.
- Loved Traditional ItalianElwoodVIPDined on 3/31/2012Basilica serves food that is true Italian and not a modern version of Italian. Homemade pasta was excellent. Loved dishes that were traditional as well as innovative, like chicken Toscana. Red sauce was very good and hard to find at other restaurants. Waiters were friendly and efficient, very personable. Definitely going back!!Special Features:
- Basilica is very intimate.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012Basilica is very intimate. It is a small, narrow dining room. The food was very good. Unfortunately, they are losing their lease. So you may need to look for them at a new address in the future.
- It is a small place and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012It is a small place and was packed and very, very noisy. Had to wait about 15 minutes despite having reservations. Chose from the pre-theater menu. It was OK Italian food, nothing special. The house wine was awful. Wouldn't go again - disappointing, especailly with all the excellent Yelp reviews.
- Simply amazing...!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012One of the best restraints I've ever been too...and all thanks to my friend AJ!Special Features:
- i went looking for good southernjimmydDined on 3/6/2012i went looking for good southern italuan "comfort food" in an environment where i coukd reconnect with an old friend without having to yell, and sip good italian wine at a very reasonable price. basillica met those needs and did it with excellent service.Special Features:
- Narrow, crowdwd dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2012Narrow, crowdwd dining room - but excellent food and service at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- I had passed by a couple ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012I had passed by a couple of times and it looked like a cute place. The food was good but I wouldn't rush back. There are so many other better places to eat in NYC.
- Went for a Pre Theater dinner.MontrealerMVIPDined on 2/25/2012Went for a Pre Theater dinner. Very small Italian restaurant. Reservations a must. VERY reasonable 3 course. We had the soup-very good Italian lentil and a salad-very nice Ceasar. Our mains- one veal with lemon sauce, the other a very nice gnocchi pasta. For desert 1 chocolate mousse and 1 canoli. A bottle of wine for 2 was included. Good location and service was attentive and efficient (important for pre theater dining).Special Features:
- Had a late night meal thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Had a late night meal there on a Friday. The place was packed. It's small, so it can get quite loud. The food was good, although nothing extraordinary. Service was fast, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Basilica was good enough forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012Basilica was good enough for us to return twice within two weeks. The food is delicious, well presented and the pre-theater special price just right in this economy. Basilica is located in the theater district which makes it very convenient but it is small and reservations are recommended since it fills up fast.Special Features:
- We loved our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2012We loved our dining experience at this great LITTLE neighborhood restaurant. The food was delicious and tasted freshly prepared. The gracious staff were warm, friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Really good value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Really good value for money - large portions at reasonable prices. Seriously, most dishes could be split or taken home for a second meal later. Small place with high turnover, so be sure to keep an eye open to see if they need your table.
- Pre-theatre find. Good, old-fashiowestcoastfoodieDined on 2/18/2012Pre-theatre find. Good, old-fashion Italian - good portions, fast service. Can't say it's romantic but honestly, a good findSpecial Features:
- Really noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012It was an alright place not that good for the price.
- Cozy & YummyNEFPPBDined on 2/17/2012Pre-Fixe Menu appeared to be a great value. We did not select that and instead ordered a la carte. Portions were generous. Food was served quickly. Service was extremely attentive. Cozy space; all tables filled quickly, which is always a good sign!Special Features:
- The service and food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012The service and food was excellent and the restuarant was cozy. I will come to Basilica again the next time I come to the city to see a show.Special Features:
- Excellent for pre-theaterLoLoDined on 2/16/2012Excellent for pre-theater dinner. Prix fixe menu with wine included is very reasonable and good quality.Special Features:
- We enjoyed every moment atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2012We enjoyed every moment at the restaurant!! Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Thought that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012Thought that the food was outstanding and a very good value. The service was very good and the owner came by to see if everything was to our liking. Would definitely recommend and happily go there again.Special Features:
- Best Gnochi alla vodka!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2012Enjoyed Basilica- it was very convenient to the theater district- Everything was great starting the authentic Italian bread and olive oil (on each table). The food was excellent as was the service. The prices were very reasonable. Best Gnochi alla Vodka on the east coast! We will make it our go to place on future trips to the city.Special Features:
- Food was great, waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Food was great, waiter was great, but i think they redecorated the place? I have been here a few times but it was about 5 years ago. I went back and this time it seemed different. the tables look cheap and plain, no table clothes/ candles etc. they should redecorate, otherwise the food is great.Special Features:
- Very small and tables areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Very small and tables are very very close together. Not for a very romantic evening and not for kids. Service and food are outstanding. Good for small gatherings. (The desserts are huge - definitely for two). Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- We always make a point toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2012We always make a point to go here whenever we are in the city. Just a couple of blocks from Times Square, and they have great pre-theater specials and always get us out in time to make the show. Food always great, service friendly.Special Features:
- Yuck Second time here foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012Yuck Second time here food terrible had to listen to phone call on speaker during dinner. Much better places to eat in NYC. Don't go!!!!
- Only go if you enjoy bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2012The food was terrific but the service ruined the entire meal. We had a table for 6, ordered 6 appetizers, received one early, got 4 more after the first one was eaten, and the waiter never brought the sixth. The entree was delivered 1 1/2 hours after it was ordered. Although the food was delicious, we will never go back again
- Haven't been here for a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Haven't been here for a couple years, glad to see it is still spectacular. Food service and value outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice, small restaurant closeEnochDined on 1/21/2012Nice, small restaurant close to theater district. Limited menu w reasonable fixed price menu. Service was efficient, but too rushed.Special Features:
- This is the second time inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012This is the second time in a month we dined at Basilica. The first time was late dining after the theatre, and this past weekend pre-theatre. Both were excellent. Great food, price, and service. We'll be back.