2106 Schofield Avenue
Weston, WI 54476Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.basilweston.com/
- Phone: (715) 298-0677
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Southeast Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Tee Daly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Choose items from our most popular catering selections, create an eclectic offering using four or more items selected from our regular menu ... or sit down with us and create a personalized catering menu that will complement your colors, your tastes and enhance the theme of your event ... perfectly.Prices vary based on menu item selections. However, most events cost between $10 and $30 per person. Basil provides great tastes for your guests while working within your budget. Basil also hosts exclusive gatherings on Sundays. Call us today to start planning your menu and set up your tasting.
A word from Basil Restaurant
Please join us on an exciting journey. A journey that bestows the opportunity to savor a unique union of exquisite flavors from South and Southeast Asia infused with the familiarity of western European cuisines. Prepare to be taken away from that which is familiar. Immerse yourself in our distinctive culinary creations. Our journey is an experience that we hope will leave you with fond memories that will not soon be forgotten and will create a longing to return for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Basil Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wausau ›
Basil Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (16)romantic (11)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great unique foodJudyDinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed our wait staff, the owner stopped by and asked how things were. Nice touch. The appetizer was wonder, the entrée's were even better. The dessert was fabulous. Worth a stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Red Curry!!chihai89Dined on 11/11/2014This is my second time back within a month! I love this place!! I ordered the same exact thing this time as I did last time: coconut shrimp & chicken red curry....ate every single last bit of both. DELICIOUS!! I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Food was delicious. Only drawback was that even though we had a reservation, we still had to wait 30 minutes for out table.Special Features:
- Delicious foodchihai89Dined on 10/24/2014The dining area is pretty small, so you're dining pretty close to your neighbors. The food more than makes up for this slight inconvenience though!! The curry's are amazing, w/ my favorite being the red curry. Coconut shrimp was a great appetizer. Definitely will be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandMDined on 10/20/2014the only other time I have had Duck it was at Emeril's in New Orleans...I had the Duck at Basil and it was just as good...Go Basil...Special Features:
- One of my favorites!MustEatDined on 10/18/2014Basil is small and not meant for large groups. The intimate setting is part of its charm. Interesting and unique menu with flavors unlike anywhere else. Excellent service and a wonderful wine list makes this one of the best places to dine in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a delicious lunchKkg1134Dined on 9/29/2014I've been to this restaurant for dinner before and enjoyed it. This was my first Vito's for lunch. Great menu choices and a lovely place to meet up with friends. Our server was attentive but let us chat. Memorable and affordable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/12/2014I went to Basil with 3 other friends to celebrate a birthday. None of us had been there before snd we wanted to try something different. It has a nice, cozy feeling while still providing very good food. Our server was absolutely fabulous. The most friendly waitress I have had in a ling time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Basil's is a neighborhood gem! Delicious food, great service and a delightful environment! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- A Class ActTesoroDined on 8/22/2014Although we live an hour away, we will return again, again, and again because every detail of the restaurant is classy and elegant: the chefs, the maître d', the waiters/waitresses, the décor, the ambience, the background music, the wine list, the clean and lovely restrooms, and most certainly the food. Unless you share a meal, count on having leftovers (which hold up quite well) for the next day. From color scheme to display, the presentation of the platters is appealing. Wausau is so lucky to have this "neighborhood gem," and we are even luckier to have discovered it! We plan to make a trip to Wausau once a month just to eat at Basil Restaurant! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre restaurantjackieDined on 8/9/2014Mussels were drowned in tomato paste. Heavy and strong flavored. The appetizers were lovely to look at but dry and tasteless. The steak was tender but smothered in mashed potatoes. Just plain ugly to look at. They try hard to be a fancy restaurant but the food just isn't very good.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Basil Restaurant reviews archive.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We have been to Basil a few times and have never been disappointed. Food and service has been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitpluviophile13Dined on 7/25/2014It was a cool day when my son and I had lunch to celebrate a great report from a doctor's visit. I love the decor and the ambiance; but the temperature inside was very, very cold; my "hot" tea was served lukewarm and the request for hotter water did not result in a more favorable temperature. Service was slow. The food was excellent, but given the uncomfortable, cold air, overall it was not a pleasant experience. I wanted to have crème brulee, (my favorite) but decided that I was too cold to relax and fully enjoy it.Special Features:
- I will come back for more!FusionDiningDined on 7/18/2014The hosts greeted me as soon as I entered and were very accommodating. The server was outstanding, gave me suggestions and options. The place is quite small, but the ambiance makes up for it.Special Features:
- Excellent MixSullyDined on 7/16/2014An Irish-Lao fusion bringing out the best in both. Excellent steak/ mashed potatoes in barbecue sauce. Both proprietors in there the whole night, jolly atmosphere, cost well worth it.Special Features:
- Great dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The Basil is a smaller restaurant but a fine gem. The food and service was excellent. Very classy. Background music was pleasant. Definitely a favorite.Special Features:
- Outstanding!westonsmomDined on 7/8/2014The owners of this restaurant genuinely care about their customers feedback. Nothing negative to say here. The food was fantastic. The wine was great. Creme Brulee for dessert was just perfect! The waitress was slightly over-the-top friendly, but if that's the only thing I can find to complain about, then this place has nothing to worry about. She knew when to come and when to back off, and that was the important thing. What a complete gem this place is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for mixed groupLovegoodfoodDined on 6/27/2014We were a group of 9 from multiple locations in the state. Wausau was a central meeting place. Very good food, good for foodies and traditionalists alike. All was very good.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in WausauFoodSnobDined on 5/12/2014It's not often that you find a restaurant in Wausau that exhibits creativity, flavor, and healthiness at the table. Basil is refreshing in all three of these aspects. The atmosphere is light and relaxing, a good place for a small group of friends or a romantic lunch or dinner. The servers are accommodating, professional, and polite. I'm looking forward to my next visit! The bill is going to be higher than typical of the area, but it is WELL worth it.Special Features:
- Dining at it's best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014As always the food was amazing, the service fantastic and the setting relaxing and very enjoyable. Love Basil Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!KimballDined on 4/28/2014Owners Jim and Tee have a wonderful, quaint place that is decorated beautifully. How many places do you go to today where the owner stops at your table to ask how everything is? I must mention the rest rooms are like a spa. I often judge a place by their cleanliness! The wine list is very different and nice as are the local beer selections. Food selection is eclectic and great. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food aroundbestaroundDined on 4/24/2014Basil has the best, most eclectic menu around. I've never been disappointed. The wait staff are great, and the owner is amazing. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerEdZ90Dined on 4/19/2014I ordered steak and duck which was absolutely excellent. I shared the dish with my wife who also loved it. We can't wait to drive 5 hours from Chicago to dine there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, stupendous serviceDDthextonDined on 4/10/2014Basil is wonderful in every respect. The decor is lovely, the staff is super friendly and helpful and the food is awesome. Our group of four started with an appetizer combo and all three items were prepared with care and were delicious. Three had the salmon, which was done perfectly - moist, tender and flavorful. The fourth had squash curry with chicken which had just the right amount of heat - not too much to overwhelm the complex curry flavors. We shared a creme brulee for dessert, which was also fabulous. As a final treat, they gave us some complimentary "brigs," tiny Brazilian treats made with sweetened custard. They were kind of like truffles and were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Girl's Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014With their fresh, organic faire and delicious dessert menu this is a great place to relax and catch up with the ladies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent presentation & authenticJulieDined on 3/20/2014Basil was always a favorite. Last visit was with my 27 year old son who loves spicy Thai food. Basil can adjust the spice to your preferred level but my son wanted the top and more. The waitress noted Adventurous Plus and he loved his Pad Thai. Prior to the entrees, we selected two appetizers, the special, boned in chicken wings in a Bourbon sweet sauce. Excellent presentation and flavor. The second appetizer was the Money Bags, a new appetizer on the menu, described as "Six delectable crab and shrimp stuffed wontons shaped like a coin sack. Served with sweet and sour sauce." SO Good! I kept the sauce for my Entree which was House Fish, "Ask about our fish selection. Served with onions, scallions, bell peppers and garlic"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique diningKattDined on 3/19/2014Food selection never disappoints. We also try one of the specials when we dine....had the duck ..it was fantastic. My overall favorite is still the crispy noodle dishes. The only place I can find crispy noodles. One suggestion..go easy on the juice. If you add to much the noodles loose their crispness. Service is extra special. Very attentive to detail. This is our favorite place to eat any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and DineDateNightDined on 3/14/2014This is the second time that I have dined at Basil in a month. I was introduced to Basil when my boss took our team there for dinner. The decor is modern, chic, cozy and fresh. The ethnic mix of Irish cuisine with Thai food is brilliant and unlike any other resturant I have dined at. I also love the wine list and how the server knew which wine would compliment our entree'. This place is a "must go" if you live in the area and are looking for a new place to dine. Cost is comparable to all other fine dining establishments in the area. We will certainly be back. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thai food was not goodspunkysmurfDined on 3/1/2014we had the 'pad thai' which was the farthest thing from real thai cuisine. everything about it was off. even my boyfriend who is a wisconsin native and who loves pad thai didn't like it at all. i am sorry to say that it was one of the worst pad thais i've ever had. decor was eclectic. staff was really very friendly. i had high hopes for this place because it seems popular among the local patrons. but alas, everything was nice except for our meal. :( maybe i will come back to try their irish fare and hope for better.