Basil Asian Bistro
585 Market Avenue North
Canton, OH 44702Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Basil Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://basilcanton.com/
- Phone: 3304523888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Southeast Asian
- Executive Chef: Luong Ly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout
- Catering: Please speak to any of our managers to arrange off-site catering and events.
A word from Basil Asian Bistro
The Ly family welcomes you to Basil Asian Bistro in Downtown Canton. Many of our recipes are inspired by Pacific and Southeastern Asia, featuring gourmet offerings of spicy Szechuan to Thai curries and captivating sushi. Prefer more traditional dishes? Choose from 23 stir frys, including favorites like General Chicken and Moo Goo Gai Pan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Basil Asian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Basil Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)romantic (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- BubbaDined on 9/13/2014It was recommended by a friend and we were glad we tried it. Our waitress was great and very helpful. Food was good and we thought it was very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjckcscDined on 9/13/2014Took my wife to dinner prior to a show at the Palace Theater across the street. Had 6:00 reservations and was seated on time without any delay. Waitress was very friendly and took our drink orders right away. Since it was our first time there took a few extra minutes with the menu, our server answered our questions and made suggestions. Food was delivered very quickly and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, weak servicePinky54Dined on 9/9/2014Our server did not write the orders for any of our courses. Many mistakes were made by the server. He was not very receptive when we pointed the problems out to him. The food was flavorful and served in a timely manner. During past visits to Basil I did not experience issues with the wait staff, hopefully my somewhat bad experience won't be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi LoversQuinnie56Dined on 9/5/2014Best sushi in town! So many options and fabulous appetizers. Serving sizes are great and service is awesome!! Free parking too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and YumWorthyBiteDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service! I'd highly recommend this spot. We had a group of 6, Saturday at 5:45pm. Perfect time because it wasn't too busy. I had been here previously but the rest of the party hadn't. The waitress (excellent) took time to explain and make recommendations… this was a highlight because I felt like she was educating us :) Can't wait to return and the rest of my party agreed!Special Features:
- Love the food!KidfreeforthenightDined on 8/22/2014We love Basil! The atmosphere is amazing and the food is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceelent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first time to this restaurant. It will now be a regular dining place for us. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner With my SonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/20144 people in party. 2 dinners served at least 1/2 before the other two. I was very disappointed in the experience Friday night. I have always bragged Basil up to all my friend. On this trip not at all.Special Features:
- Too noisy for a relaxing dinner.LoudDined on 8/9/2014My only complaint is the noise level. When we first got there it was difficult to carry on a conversation in the dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We were a party of 4. 3 of us ordered Sushi - this came out first. Unfortunately we were finished with our meal before my husband's dinner ever came out. I think either the kitchen or wait staff should know to hold the cold food back & wait for the hot meal to finish before serving all the members of the dinner party. My hubby was not happy & he was paying the bill! Other than that it was a great meal. Drinks were all well made. This was our 2nd trip & we will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeganDined on 8/5/2014Everything was great! The food, the service, the atmosphere. It was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- great food but noisydinnerwinnerDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, service very good, but it was incredibly loud in the restaurant. Hard to have a conversation across the table. Good location downtown and a hip place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLWAllianceDined on 7/31/2014This was my third visit and I plan to keep going. Great at lunch and dinner. I have enjoyed every visit. The Servers are very friendly, informative and attentive.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Basil Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- laceykDined on 5/31/2014My only complaint is that I was thinking about changing my party from 2 to 4 and since I had a reservation for 2 , the hostess told me that I would have to stay for a maximum of an hour if I did that. I didnt like that I wss trying to give thr restaurant more business and I was being restricted on time.we kept our party to 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Great service. Food was out in a timely fashion. Love the vast selection. This is the hot spot for sushi lovers.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014When visiting the area I come to Basil Asian Bistro. They have a great menu and many gluten free choices. The service is very good and helpful in choosing a meal. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful!jtkmotorsportsDined on 5/17/2014This was our first visit. Enjoyed every moment of it! Sushi was spectacular! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is so freshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We love this place! Vegetables are so fresh! One of our favorite places. Thank you.Special Features:
- A real gemMichaelDined on 5/9/2014This is a real gem in the Canton food options. Great Peking duck served table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good sushi, good serviceWannaBfoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Our experience at Basil was very good. The sushi was good, the food was excellent (coconut spaghetti), and the service was good! Great lunch spotSpecial Features:
- Food was great but some gapsIkezenVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had open table reservation, and they were not ready for us. Had to sit at hightops in bar. HArd for party of 6. Also, they had a desert special that was hardly special, called coconut ice cream was just vanilla ice cream with a dash of toasted coconut. Would pass on deserts. Sushi was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic view of Asian CuisineChefSeanVIPDined on 4/9/2014I visit Canton, Ohio several times a year to see family, and had seen the Basil Restaurant when I was downtown during the cities major events like the First Friday, and had wanted to try the restaurant, so I made my reservations. Just prepare for some wear and tear on your vehicle when you drive through the city to dine at Basil, the roads are horrible, full of pot holes, and falling apart. Someone forgot to allocate funds to infrastructure projects. They have a range of exciting items on their menu, with great quality and attention to detail, you can not go wrong. A Wonderful mixture of Asian Cuisine, that reminds me of 5A5 Steak Lounge in San Francisco, which prepared a fusion Asian blend that, could knock your socks off.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014It was our sons 13th birthday and we choose to have a special party at Basil's. Our party was 8 people and 4 of them were teenagers. The food was great and the staff attention was outstanding. Our family had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicekittenkimDined on 4/4/2014I have been here twice for dinner and greatly enjoyed my meal and the drink options. I do not eat sushi, but those in my party who do greatly enjoyed their meals. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- I think your food is great...veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014I think your food is great...very tasty and enjoy coming downtown sometimesSpecial Features:
- Great find in CantonsteveohDined on 3/26/2014Extensive and original menu. Order a cocktail, they are delicious. Very fair prices, in fact you really can't do much better for the quality/quantity/price ratio. Fun asian/urban decor. Our waiter was overtaxed with a table of 14 next to us, so I really can't rate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014We love this restaurant! Everything is fresh. The service is great. There were 8 of us for dinner. Everyone was happy with their food. Everything on the menu is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night for the Wife and IEzzieDined on 3/22/2014Quaint little Asian Restaraunt in downtown Canton. The food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu selection, fastlovinitDined on 3/15/2014Great menu selection, fast and courteous service, and the food tastes great!Special Features:
- Great placeCcccDined on 3/14/2014Always enjoy eating here. It's perfect for before or after a performance as well as for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!CathyDined on 3/14/2014Peking Duck is great! Very much like the one in Peking. Great Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in BasildisappointedDined on 3/13/2014My party of 4 was very unhappy that the waitress didn't say substitutions were not included in cost of meal. They were not told of added charges for substitutions and were upset the waitress had not mentioned it. They also felt the food was bland and tasteless. They liked the ambiance but said they would not return because of the food and the way their bills were handled.Special Features:
- Always ImpressedFoodLoverDined on 3/11/2014I love Basil! The food is delicious. I eat there often and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General Tso's chicken is veryMikeyDined on 3/7/2014General Tso's chicken is very good service was excellent. Thai rolls ......not so much. They seemed as if they got them from a freezer at Costco and I was expecting a spicier dip to go with them. I know several people who have had their noodle bowls and were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemakronfoodieDined on 3/7/2014This was our second time there and as before, the food was great. The sushi was as fresh as could be(try the Basil Special) and the meals were great. The lamb shank was delicious and we are on our third different curry dish. All fantastic! They are willing to create the dinners as spicy as you want and substitutions are a breeze. The atmosphere can get quite loud, but we have only gone on Friday nights when they are at capacity. Make a reservation! Can't wait to go back again to try something different! I only gave our service 3 out of 4 because our server was new and when not around, other servers seemed to not help him pick up the slack. I'm sure in a week he will be worth 4 stars if not more.Special Features:
- Best Asian Restaurant by far!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014Excellent food and superior service. Menu has variety of selections to please any palate. This is my favorite Asian restaurant. I am eager to go back and try some more dishes. I've been there 4 times already and it's always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House special dishes need workOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014We had a great experience at Basil. We ordered several appetizers to share with the table, including potstickers (great), edamame (standard), chicken satay (excellent, especially with the dipping sauces), tuna tataki (very delicious), and the Basil signature spring rolls (not good at all. The basil in it didn't seem to go with the dish at all and was a very distracting flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have the Li family backjjmIIIDined on 2/28/2014The best Asian food in town. Great bar and sushi too. Both my Wife and myself had great meals. It is great to have the Li family back in Canton.Special Features:
- Stellar service and delicious foodhudsongirlDined on 2/26/2014I booked a table for six to celebrate two birthdays on a weekday evening. Everything was perfect. And the ambiance was just right for the occasion -- elegant and upscale but relaxed enough to allow for some hearty laughter from our table.Special Features:
- Great food but WAY too loudRubyDined on 2/22/2014Celebrated 22nd anniversary. Superb service from Alex! Bon ton shrimp and tempura asparagus were tasty. Excellent tofu spicy peanut curry, and another spicy curry dish for my husband. Loved everything about the evening except for the incredibly loud environment. Looks like they're trying to do things about that with screens and muffling on the walls but boy was it way too loud. Will still come again for the excellent service and delicious food!Special Features: