2887 S. University Dr
Davie, FL 33328Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://veniciacafe.com/
- Phone: 9544726518
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Basha Grill
Basha Grill is a hip and modern Mediterranean Restaurant offering a delicious selection of authentic cuisine. We offer only top quality meat, poultry and fish dishes prepared to give you the ultimate dining experience. Please enjoy our hookah lounge right next door.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basha Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- interestinggyroDined on 4/28/2014It was a good restaurant, but I found it to be quite empty. That to me is scary. It means food could not be fresh. The only issue was my lamb was cold when brought to me. The rice taste like it was refrigerated, then microwave. I did like that the service was good. And my girlfriend food was good and hot. Cause if this was a first date, I did not come on top with the dinner decision.Special Features:
- Horrible FoodRyanVIPDined on 2/15/2014The worst food I've ever eaten. Cheese pie and Spinach pie were microwaved and instead of philo dough it was more like pizza dough and the corners were chewy and over microwaved. Fattoush salad was bad - old lettuce. And the fried Kibbie was doughy and bland. We should have suspected this when we arrived at 7:45pm on a Saturday and there was not a single person in the restaurant - not even any staff. We walked into the Hookah bar and there were several people there. We then went back into the restaurant and some guy came out of the back and said Can I help u? And I said "are u open?" He said of course and then took us over to the hookah bar where NO ONE was eating, should have left right then!
- Basha your head inWentOUTLastNightVIPDined on 1/25/2014Strange Restaurant or maybe its more a Hookah bar only. No one in the restaurant at 8pm at Saturday night. Food was drenched in spice and salads had more dressing than anyone can handle. Was not worth it even with the 25% we had. Waitress was friendly but overbearing and was making strange comments the whole time. The chef didn't want to remake a salad when we ordered dressing on the side and ingredients were left out of it as well. Had to ask for the customer copy of the receipt as well which didn't sit well with me.Special Features:
- Fresh-tasting food. So-so servicesdotsdotsDined on 1/21/2014I've seen Basha's several times while visiting the nearby Firestone and LA Fitness. I decided to try it out for a couple's weeknight dinner. I made a same-day reservation through Open Table but the doors were locked when we showed up. I wasn't aware the Hookah Bar was the same establishment, so they opened the restaurant when we finally called. The food was very good. One of us got a salad, the other a Gyro platter. We both complimented how fresh the vegetables tasted. Our waitress seemed more interested in entertaining her friends at the Hookah Bar. We were the only people in the restaurant so I didn't really hold that against her, considering it was a slow night. The place was clean, the food was good & reasonably priced. I'd go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GemLeftyjrDined on 10/19/2013The wife and I decided to eat somewhere different and experience more 'ethnic' food. We arrived at 6:15 in Friday to an empty restaurant. While a little concerning we were happy to know we'd be served quickly as we had a 8 show to attend. Our waiter was very friendly and made several great recommendations on the menu. We loved out dishes and look forward to going back. The food tastes fresh and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehhOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2013The food was fine, nothing special, but really decent. (I would order take out from there, but wouldn't want to eat in again). It is connected to a hookah bar, so it was loud and filled with smoke from the hookah next door. The clientele for the hookah bar was a lot of loud teenagers and young college students. The waitress had no idea what was on the menu. The inside of the restaurant was set up like a sports bar, but it was supposed to be a Mediterranean restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOlinecVIPDined on 8/30/2013I dont know why this place isnt packed every night. It offers excellent good that is full of flavor. The salmon with a kicky dill sauce was great as was the rice pilaf. Mediterranean Grill featured flavorful, moist chicken kebabs, steak and a spicy hamburger. So often kebabs come out dry but these were moist and well seasoned. The vegetarian appetizer platter was a perfect way to kick off the meal. A hoopah lounge is next door.Special Features:
- Very nice little spot attachedjfs226VIPDined on 4/27/2013Very nice little spot attached to a Hooka Bar. Good Mederterian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.