Bascom's Chop House
3665 Ulmerton RD
Clearwater, FL 33762Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bascom's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bascoms.com/
- Phone: 7275733363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Barton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it's a corporate party, wedding or just a friendly get together, Bascom's Chophouse can host your group in our banquet and private dining facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Baquet Coordinator 7275733363
- Special Events: Please check the Bascom's Chophouse company website or call to see our private event facilities which feature multiple rooms accommodating 20-200 guests. Taylored menus, flexible pricing and no room charges.
A word from Bascom's Chop House
When the original Bascom came to Florida at the turn of the last century to help Henry Flagler build the Key West Railroad, he brought with him his love for thick cut chops and juicy steaks. During his travels he also discovered the bounties of fresh native Florida seafood. We have brought all of his favorites together in a true American Chop House that pays tribute to Bascom's hearty appetite and a passion for great steaks, chops and fresh seafood. In his honor, we have made Bascom's Chop House a comfortable, yet elegant, American restaurant. We are proud to offer a superbly crafted wine list and American Mid-Western beef, aged to our own exacting specifications to ensure the most tender and flavorful steaks served anywhere at any price. And, true to our Bascom's Chop House name, we also offer hand-cut veal, pork and lamb chops all prepared to perfection, as well as a great selection of native seafood delivered fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bascom's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Bascom's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (43)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- bigwally11VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food, wine, and service were amazing. These guys get better and better every time we go. Keep up the great work.Special Features:
- Bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Love the food but service was a three ring circus. Water in the sprite glass no plates no timing of wine with dinner. Area was cramped and waiters waitresses running into each other. Nice people but not a smooth processSpecial Features:
- Excellent Steaks!!msusaeDined on 9/24/2014Bascom's is a very quaint dining establishment and the decor is simple, but clean. The service was outstanding and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't eat here againtwodinersDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I met some friends at Bascom's for dinner Sunday. We had eaten there before, probably about a year ago. The restaurant was not crowded when we got there and had a nice table in a corner. Three of us ordered beef, supposedly Bascom's claim to fame. All three orders were ordered at different stages of "doneness": well done, medium and medium rare. Each of them were underdone and not very tasty. I ordered fish and that was fine. Another pet peeve was that our main courses were delivered before we were finished our salads and that is bad form.
- Excellent Steakplaces2goDined on 9/20/2014I usually order seafood but this restaurant has the best filet, salad, baked potato, and an amazing wine list. The service was great and we will definitely be back !!Special Features:
- very satified clientOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014growing up in iowa most area's of the country have been at least a little disappointing when it comes to steak. I grew up in farm country ordering our beef on the hoof, cut and aged to our specifications. our experience at Bascom's was finding a gem in a pile of rocks. the steaks and the entire meal and dining experience was fantastic. my wife and I would highly recommend this restaurant and intend to make it our go to place. we both look forward to not just the steaks, but trying many of the other offerings from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThrdChipDined on 9/18/2014Relaxing and enjoyable meal, food was outstanding, service was attentive, but not overbearing. We'll be back.Special Features:
- LUNCH SPECIAL WAS TERRIBLEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014I ORDERED THE SHISH KA BOBS (WITH FILET) AND IT WAS TOUGH AND HAD MARBLES OF FAT. THE GRAVY WAS WAY TO HEAVY AND ALL OVER THE DISH. I WANTED TO SEND IT BACK BUT WAS CONCERNED MY REPLACEMENT MEAL WOULD HAVE TAKEN TOO LONG. I GOT THROUGH IT BUT WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THAT FOR LUNCH.Special Features:
- Excellent!FloodivaDined on 9/13/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, especially for a special occasion. The fried lobster appetizer is to die for and the steaks are always perfect. They usually have a special on wines as well which we always enjoy.Special Features:
- So-SodwhiteDined on 9/13/2014It was ok, hyped up alot better then it actually is. mediocre Cocktails, 10 bucks apiece. Guinness beer was warm and only half a glass. Steak was delicious and Marco was a great server. Place was dated. We have ate at every fine steakhouse in the Tampa Bay area, we would rate it as our least favorite. As far as returning, nah, been there, done that. it was ok but not memorable by any stretch of the imagination A bus girl wandering all over the place cleaning tables, kept opening this side door that really looked disgusting, dirty, not painted, lit too well and an eyesore because of the stairwell and general run down condition of it, All in all the food was good, but wont go back or recommend it to anyone. Too many truly nice places around.Special Features:
- certainly meets expectationsmartieVIPDined on 9/12/2014This steak and seafood place provided a welcome experience. It's located along a highway, on the back side of an airport, but through advertising, and I assume word of mouth, it attracts a clientele. I enjoyed the beef, prepared as requested, and served with asparagus and especially good potatoes. The flourless chocolate cake with fruit was superb. The waitress knew what I wanted each time I nodded to her.Special Features:
- Will returnBlackmariaDined on 9/11/2014We (3 of us) celebrated with my wife having a special need (wheelchair accommodation). They were well prepared for us. The food/service was excellent and prices were reasonable. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Good not GreatfloridagirlDined on 9/11/2014Overall we were satisified with our dining experience. The service was excellent and the food good. However, not sure how often we would return. We mentioned to our server that it was my husband's 80th Birthday and there was no acknowledgement of this very special occasion. I'm not expecting much, but when the bill was $300.00 for 4 of us, he could have been offered a dessert or something. Also when you pay $30.00 for a steak a little salad with it would be nice without charging extra for it. I would recommend Bascom's with certain reservations. I would mention that it is pricey and not extraordinary. All in all, we prefer Charley's in Tampa, but gave Bascom's a try. Sorry the review could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014good food but unless you use hand signals, you can't communicate with your tablemates; the noise level is outrageous.
- Picture of Charlie CristOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Politics should not be advertised in restaurant. Hostess should note attire of customers. We were dressed well. Looking for romantic meal. Place in room planned for dinner party of 10. They were dressed in shorts and t=shirts as well as another couple at a third table. The group was loud. Not enjoyable for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The overall service was ok but the steak was not cooked the way we ordered. We ordered medium well with very little pink and no char, but received bloody steak both times the steak was sent back. Unfortunately, the cook does not know how to differentiate bloody from medium well. How are you a chop house and can not get the steak order right?
- Great for businessTampaRoadWarriorDined on 9/2/2014Lunched with client and was very good atmosphere. Food and service complimented meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLunch0828Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, great service. Always like to bring large groups because always handled really wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseEatrightDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but over priced for the quality and selection. Wait staff had attitude concerns and displayed it. Very dissappointed
- Family BirthdayTravelerDined on 8/23/2014There were 7 of us, including one child, celebrating our adult daughter's Birthday. Primarily, we ordered the Prime Rib special, with one steak and one salmon. Everything was absolutely delicious! Craig was our waiter and the service was impeccable. This restaurant is close for us and a "Gem"! Thank you for a great experience. TravelerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That steak...oh my!erizzleDined on 8/22/2014Delicious steak!!! The food oh so yummy! I am definitely going back and recommending it to as many people as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBuff80Dined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit to Bascombs and both times the results were outstanding. They have a large wine list that you review on an Ipad. The Ribeye and Filet were both outstanding. The weekend "special" is a great value. I have recommended Bascombs to several friends.Special Features:
- Upscale DiningAbuelitainSADined on 8/18/2014Although the dress code for this upscale and not-inexpensive restaurant has definitely relaxed over the last 10 years that we've been customers, the food has remained delicious and always meets or exceeds expectations. We would definitely recommend to anyone local or visiting St Pete or Clearwater. We try to make time for a meal here when we're in the area. Highly recommend the seafood dishes, the pork and the beef tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service but...Tpafoodie48Dined on 8/16/2014This was a special occasion. The noise level in this restaurant was over the top. It was very difficult to have a conversation with the people in our group without raising our voice. My husband said that his strip steak was the best he has ever had. My filet had no taste. Appetizers were excellent. Salad was cold. We experienced outstanding service. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family with a disclaimer regarding the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend special can't be beat!pjtpaDined on 8/15/2014Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Bascom's offers a Weekend Special including choice of 8 oz petit filet or 12 oz prime rib with salad, baked potato and bread for just $23.95. Given that the quality of the steaks here are comparable to any steakhouse in town, this deal can't be beat. And the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and waiter.bigeaterDined on 8/14/2014Both the food and the waiter, Phil were outstanding. A truly great dining experience.Special Features:
- Okay at Best!RichieDined on 8/9/2014The waitress had seven tables to serve and stated that she was overloaded. She was not friendly and was very stiff. Twice she was interrupted to deliver food to another table while taking our order. They didn't have baked potatoes after they had been ordered for 15 minutes. Two filets were ordered (medium), but they were not alike at all. Before we were ready to leave (9:45 PM) they were turning out the lights in an adjacent area from where we were sitting. First visit and last!Special Features:
- Always a great time.BillDined on 8/9/2014The food is fantastic and reasonably priced. We had a veal chop, ribeye, and filets. All were cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. Highly recommend! The manager on duty, Kevin, stopped by and was very nice.Special Features:
- Great FoodWhats4dinnerDined on 8/8/2014Best meal ever.Bascom's is one of the best places to dine in Tampa bay area.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperiencePatekGirlDined on 8/8/2014We returned to Bascom's for an evening with friends and family. The service was excellent and the food was equally as good. Their filet dinner special may be the best deal in town! Our steaks were cooked perfectly, and the side dishes were good too. Tried the Spinach au Gratin which was delicious! And the wine list is always SPECTACULAR! Plus, they were running a wine special as well. All in all a WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE. Looking forward to our next one!Special Features:
- Should have tried sooner!VegetarianthatcheatsDined on 7/28/2014I've lived in Pinellas County my whole life and never tried Bascom's. What a mistake! Should have tried it sooner. Not many "nice" restaurants left in the area and not many good steak places left either. Bascom's is both! We went on a Monday night for my Birthday. My mother and I had Prime Rib and my husband had a New York strip, both cooked perfectly and delicious cuts. Baked potatoes were huge, three different salads to choose from, I had the house and my husband got the Ceasar, we were both pleased. The black bean soup was very tasty. I had a nice glass of Moscato as well. Service was great too.Special Features:
- Great anniversary choice!!!SteakluverDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I came down from Md. to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and it exceeded our expectations , the Kobe ribeye was excellent I also recommend the fried lobster tail. Whenever we're back in the Clearwater area Bascom's will definately be on the must do list!!!!! Jerry White, Ft. Washington,MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDonLDined on 7/26/2014Great steak. Fantastic service. Don't forget the wedge salad and the creme broulee. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 7/26/2014Weekend specials of fixed discounted price filet and prime rib and 25% off wine over $40 makes it the plce to go on wkndsSpecial Features:
- parboiled riceRenoDined on 7/24/2014I had pistachio crusted grouper which was very good. Underneath however was a undercooked parboiled rice. Not so good. An auto rice cooker with medium grain rice would do the trick, If the Chef did some "Island Rice" that woulf be a plus.Special Features:
- Second Time is a charm also!PennyPostenDined on 7/22/2014This was our second trip to Bascom's and we loved it again. The atmosphere is very nice and we were immediately seated with our Open Table reservation. The wine list is presented on an ipad with all kinds of great features to find exactly what you are looking for. Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered a rib eye steak and a filet mignon with two sides of creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. It was all excellent. It was my birthday so a complimentary crème brulee was my treat to finish off the meal. We love this place and can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis in a desertPnv7304VIPDined on 7/20/2014Terrific service, unexpected quality for the area, will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwayfromhomeDined on 7/19/2014Great food, service, and ambience. Wine list presentation was brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/17/2014As alwasys the steaks and service were outstanding. Excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014I took my hubby there,as he had never been here and I have been there few times from work. We were seated in a very romantic spot but the two men sitting opposite to us were extremely loud,in fact they were so loud that i could not hear what was my husband was trying to tell me !!Special Features: