Bascom's Chop House
3665 Ulmerton RD
Clearwater, FL 33762Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Bascom's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bascoms.com/
- Phone: 7275733363
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Barton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it's a corporate party, wedding or just a friendly get together, Bascom's Chophouse can host your group in our banquet and private dining facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Baquet Coordinator 7275733363
- Special Events: Please check the Bascom's Chophouse company website or call to see our private event facilities which feature multiple rooms accommodating 20-200 guests. Taylored menus, flexible pricing and no room charges.
A word from Bascom's Chop House
When the original Bascom came to Florida at the turn of the last century to help Henry Flagler build the Key West Railroad, he brought with him his love for thick cut chops and juicy steaks. During his travels he also discovered the bounties of fresh native Florida seafood. We have brought all of his favorites together in a true American Chop House that pays tribute to Bascom's hearty appetite and a passion for great steaks, chops and fresh seafood. In his honor, we have made Bascom's Chop House a comfortable, yet elegant, American restaurant. We are proud to offer a superbly crafted wine list and American Mid-Western beef, aged to our own exacting specifications to ensure the most tender and flavorful steaks served anywhere at any price. And, true to our Bascom's Chop House name, we also offer hand-cut veal, pork and lamb chops all prepared to perfection, as well as a great selection of native seafood delivered fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bascom's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Bascom's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (51)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, great service. Always like to bring large groups because always handled really wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was good but over priced for the quality and selection. Wait staff had attitude concerns and displayed it. Very dissappointed
- Family BirthdayTravelerDined on 8/23/2014There were 7 of us, including one child, celebrating our adult daughter's Birthday. Primarily, we ordered the Prime Rib special, with one steak and one salmon. Everything was absolutely delicious! Craig was our waiter and the service was impeccable. This restaurant is close for us and a "Gem"! Thank you for a great experience. TravelerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That steak...oh my!erizzleDined on 8/22/2014Delicious steak!!! The food oh so yummy! I am definitely going back and recommending it to as many people as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBuff80Dined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit to Bascombs and both times the results were outstanding. They have a large wine list that you review on an Ipad. The Ribeye and Filet were both outstanding. The weekend "special" is a great value. I have recommended Bascombs to several friends.Special Features:
- Upscale DiningAbuelitainSADined on 8/18/2014Although the dress code for this upscale and not-inexpensive restaurant has definitely relaxed over the last 10 years that we've been customers, the food has remained delicious and always meets or exceeds expectations. We would definitely recommend to anyone local or visiting St Pete or Clearwater. We try to make time for a meal here when we're in the area. Highly recommend the seafood dishes, the pork and the beef tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service but...Tpafoodie48Dined on 8/16/2014This was a special occasion. The noise level in this restaurant was over the top. It was very difficult to have a conversation with the people in our group without raising our voice. My husband said that his strip steak was the best he has ever had. My filet had no taste. Appetizers were excellent. Salad was cold. We experienced outstanding service. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family with a disclaimer regarding the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend special can't be beat!pjtpaDined on 8/15/2014Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Bascom's offers a Weekend Special including choice of 8 oz petit filet or 12 oz prime rib with salad, baked potato and bread for just $23.95. Given that the quality of the steaks here are comparable to any steakhouse in town, this deal can't be beat. And the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and waiter.bigeaterDined on 8/14/2014Both the food and the waiter, Phil were outstanding. A truly great dining experience.Special Features:
- Okay at Best!RichieDined on 8/9/2014The waitress had seven tables to serve and stated that she was overloaded. She was not friendly and was very stiff. Twice she was interrupted to deliver food to another table while taking our order. They didn't have baked potatoes after they had been ordered for 15 minutes. Two filets were ordered (medium), but they were not alike at all. Before we were ready to leave (9:45 PM) they were turning out the lights in an adjacent area from where we were sitting. First visit and last!Special Features:
- Always a great time.BillDined on 8/9/2014The food is fantastic and reasonably priced. We had a veal chop, ribeye, and filets. All were cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. Highly recommend! The manager on duty, Kevin, stopped by and was very nice.Special Features:
- Great FoodWhats4dinnerDined on 8/8/2014Best meal ever.Bascom's is one of the best places to dine in Tampa bay area.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperiencePatekGirlDined on 8/8/2014We returned to Bascom's for an evening with friends and family. The service was excellent and the food was equally as good. Their filet dinner special may be the best deal in town! Our steaks were cooked perfectly, and the side dishes were good too. Tried the Spinach au Gratin which was delicious! And the wine list is always SPECTACULAR! Plus, they were running a wine special as well. All in all a WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE. Looking forward to our next one!Special Features:
- Should have tried sooner!VegetarianthatcheatsDined on 7/28/2014I've lived in Pinellas County my whole life and never tried Bascom's. What a mistake! Should have tried it sooner. Not many "nice" restaurants left in the area and not many good steak places left either. Bascom's is both! We went on a Monday night for my Birthday. My mother and I had Prime Rib and my husband had a New York strip, both cooked perfectly and delicious cuts. Baked potatoes were huge, three different salads to choose from, I had the house and my husband got the Ceasar, we were both pleased. The black bean soup was very tasty. I had a nice glass of Moscato as well. Service was great too.Special Features:
- Great anniversary choice!!!SteakluverDined on 7/27/2014My wife and I came down from Md. to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and it exceeded our expectations , the Kobe ribeye was excellent I also recommend the fried lobster tail. Whenever we're back in the Clearwater area Bascom's will definately be on the must do list!!!!! Jerry White, Ft. Washington,MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDonLDined on 7/26/2014Great steak. Fantastic service. Don't forget the wedge salad and the creme broulee. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 7/26/2014Weekend specials of fixed discounted price filet and prime rib and 25% off wine over $40 makes it the plce to go on wkndsSpecial Features:
- parboiled riceRenoDined on 7/24/2014I had pistachio crusted grouper which was very good. Underneath however was a undercooked parboiled rice. Not so good. An auto rice cooker with medium grain rice would do the trick, If the Chef did some "Island Rice" that woulf be a plus.Special Features:
- Second Time is a charm also!PennyPostenDined on 7/22/2014This was our second trip to Bascom's and we loved it again. The atmosphere is very nice and we were immediately seated with our Open Table reservation. The wine list is presented on an ipad with all kinds of great features to find exactly what you are looking for. Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered a rib eye steak and a filet mignon with two sides of creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. It was all excellent. It was my birthday so a complimentary crème brulee was my treat to finish off the meal. We love this place and can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis in a desertPnv7304VIPDined on 7/20/2014Terrific service, unexpected quality for the area, will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwayfromhomeDined on 7/19/2014Great food, service, and ambience. Wine list presentation was brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 7/17/2014As alwasys the steaks and service were outstanding. Excellent value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014I took my hubby there,as he had never been here and I have been there few times from work. We were seated in a very romantic spot but the two men sitting opposite to us were extremely loud,in fact they were so loud that i could not hear what was my husband was trying to tell me !!Special Features:
- I should have taken a picture...styleosophyVIPDined on 7/14/2014...that's how beautiful my plate of scallops with baby spinach and peppers was! The portion was rather small, only three scallops, but they were perfectly cooked and surrounded with a port wine sauce that was silky and a perfect accompaniment to the spinach. I am going to visit again for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Ordered dinner. Everything fine until husband's filet ordered medium rare came to table very charred, as manager later told him. It was burned. Was given another piece of meat along with lecture from manager about "quality" cuts of meat. He appeared very condescending. Never going back or recommending.
- Great DinnercarolcDined on 7/13/2014The food is scrumptious. The weekend special of the filet mignon or prime rib for $23.95 with a very tasty salad and delicious baked potato is hard to beat anywhere in the area. They have an extensive wine list that is presented in an E-reader and provides lots of details on each wine. They even offer a 25% discount on any wine over $40.00 a bottle. Additionally, the service is excellent. Server Pam was very professional and at the same time funny and engaging. You can't go wrong with Bascom's. Everyone in the party was really pleased with the entire experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014Server Chelsea was terrific--prompt service, timely updates, and pleasant personality. Prime rib was delicious, properly cooked and had minimal fat. Salad was crisp and had a nice variety of greens. The baked potatoes were undercooked-the only negative. Due to the late hour we dined, we didn't asked for replacements.Special Features:
- servicenelsonDined on 7/12/2014service was very slow, waiting for waiter 15 mins to order food after drinks were served ...than another 20 mins to be served appetizers and than 30 mins for dinner...when asked if we wanted dessert , I also asked for the check.did not want to wait again ....total time for dinner with 2 people was 2 1/4 hrs ..waiter was more interested in chatting with regulars than doing his job ..sorry to say , ALSO IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY DINNER WITH MY WIFE..HOW SADSpecial Features:
- Didn't let me downexpatDined on 7/11/2014Took some out of town visitors & they loved the steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bascomstwilli2014Dined on 7/11/2014Tried this place last vacation to Florida- it was so delicious it has become our family tradition to eat dinner there out last night in Florida. Filet mignon is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOCAL FAVORITEsisterborealisDined on 7/11/2014Since we found this gem, we never hesitate to bring our friends. All have told us they would return. You can`t beat the week-end specials. If you like SURF or TURF, there`s much to please. If you go, don`t forget to ask your server for a LOYATY card. It`s just another way to save on a great meal.Special Features:
- Bascoms is a great value!EWatersDined on 7/6/2014Bone in rib eye is phenominal. Their weekend specials are really great. All of their food is excellent ....... great value without the pomp and excessive price of some others.Special Features:
- OVERPRICEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014WHILE EVERYTHING WAS AVERAGE TO GOOD, BASED ON THE PRICES IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING. SEEMED LIKE ITS A BERN'S WANNABE BUT FALLS WAY SHORT, EXCEPT FOR THE PRICES. THEY WERE HIGHER.
- Saturday Evening DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014We had a very nice dinner at Bascom's on Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaladDobieGDined on 7/1/2014We were not offered a dinner salad as advertised on the online menu: (so we did not get one) Add a loaded baked potato to any Signature Entrèe $3.95 Add Our Garden salad to any Entrèe $2.95
- Great Saturday Night at Bascom'sBobandSusanVIPDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I live just minutes away from downtown St Pete, so when we go out for dinner, which is frequently, we generally hit the downtown spots. This past Saturday, we were in the mood to shake it up, but we didn't feel like driving to Tampa. We thought of Bascom's, which is a frequent enough lunch stop for us, but not a dinner spot. It was a great choice! Wonderful food, great server (Sara - with no 'h'), decent wine list, and, on top of all that, a 25% discount on bottles of wine on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings! NOBODY gives wine discounts on the weekend! The entire experience was excellent, and we definitely will go back again for dinner!Special Features:
- ServiceabruzziVIPDined on 6/27/2014Not to take anything away from the food, which was very good. But what made the difference for us was our server Pam! She is the reason we will be regulars. She was helpful, pleasant, professional and made us feel special. A treasure who was this restaurants best advertising, and if I had my own restaurant I'd hire her awaySpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gemBarneyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Capital Grille it is not but neither are the prices. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides very tasty. Pretty limited wine list. However it was a business night out that did not break the bank or the need to trek over to Tampa. If you are in mid Pinellas and want a good place to bring a business associate or client I would highly recommend Bascom's.Special Features:
- Always Consistant...CoachbogieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Never let's us down. In an area where steak houses are a plenty, Bascom's is consistent and fresh.Special Features:
- Excellent food and environmentplaces2goDined on 6/20/2014We love this place and highly recommend it to others. A very high quality restaurant.Special Features: