1457 Lincoln Avenue
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barolocalistoga.com/
- Phone: 7079429900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Greg Elliott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering, custom build menus. The difference is, we're a restaurant that caters and we know hospitality!
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available that seats up to 14.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Wesolek 7079426308x10
A word from Barolo
barolo is a contemporary take on an authentic Roman trattoria. Simple in approach with big flavored dishes and a local wine list featuring many "up-valley" finds, both the menu and wine list are perhaps one of the valley's best kept secrets and values. Dine alfresco on the veranda of the Mount View Hotel, Napa valley's only side walk dining, or indoors on one of the silky red leather banquets. Marble top tables, rich woods, sensual lighting and hip music all combine to enhance the overall vibe in this jewel box of a restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant is in theSueinCADined on 5/20/2011This restaurant is in the Mount View Hotel. Dined recently with my mom & sister and greatly enjoyed it. We sat at a table at the front of the restaurant and were able to see the walkway outside through the open front. The restaurant had a lively vibe on Friday night and was pretty crowded. We started with the steamed mussles, which were the best i ever had. The broth was delicious with tomatoes and onions. We then had eggplant Parmesan, lasagna and linguine vongole dishes and everything I tasted was very good. We craved the mussels all weekend and I would definitely go back to this restaurant again if in town. Service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Barolo= excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2011Awesome service. The Ashley our waitress was exceptional. She felt bad that our pizza had come late (only 30 mins) that she had a 2nd one made on the house. I had the braised short ribs which were melt in the mouth delicious. Decor, ambiance, and restaurant atmosphere was nice. The noise level was not too loud.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2011The food was very good, but it is very noisy. This would be a place that I definately would go back to if it were quieter. To noisy for me. When I go to dinner, I like a relaxing atmosphere. I think for partiers this would be a good spotSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere and excellentClaireVIPDined on 2/26/2011Great atmosphere and excellent menu but the kitchen delivered "C" quality food. Service was the same. A pleasant evening but not a memorable one in Napa Valley.Special Features:
- I found my new favorite restarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2011I was so amazed that our meal was sooo good. Every single person at our table loved their dish. Dessert was just okay, however dinner was so great all still seemed perfect.Special Features:
- The food is prepared well.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2011The food is prepared well. The menu is average. This is not a gourmet type restaurant, but the food is tasty and fresh.
- Had a pepper appetizer withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2011Had a pepper appetizer with wonderful flavor in a wine sauce. Had their special for Wednesday a 4 cheese Rigatoni, with salad and a cheesecake at a set price. Very reasonable. Small restaurant but very busy with table setting in a 1/2 circle and a bar where food was served there as well. Service staff limited but food received promptly with refills of drinks and checking on the patrons frequently.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, with aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2011Great Italian food, with a one of a kind atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent food - menu changes,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2011Excellent food - menu changes, so it's fun to go and try something new. I especially like the chef's 3-course menu.Special Features:
- Get a Date, Small or LargeDanMcNeelyVIPDined on 1/1/2011Their Pancetta Wrapped Dates is a MUST! One of the best appetizers I've ever had in my life. Service was great as well and they were accommodating to my family who seemed to have 100 questions about the menu.
- Service was extremely slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/30/2010Service was extremely slow, but the food was good overall. The foccacia bread was stale. Our waitress was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food but lousy service.thisisitVIPDined on 12/29/2010Great food but lousy service. When we mentioned our Open Table reservation, the waiter, when he finally appeared. since there did not seem to be anyone else to welcome us, just laughed and made us wait. The service was slow, slow, slow. You will not see us here again.
- We were pleasantly surprisedRingLeader1VIPDined on 12/26/2010We were pleasantly surprised when we dined here, the woman at the desk of the hotel we stayed at gave the place an "it's ok for pizza", but we found it to be much nicer then that! Very nice seared carpaccio, lasagna, and fettucini carbonara, and a pretty good Manhattan, we'd go back.Special Features:
- Food, service, and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/26/2010Food, service, and ambiance were mediocre at best.
- Great people, delicious foodElaineDined on 12/25/2010Great people, delicious food and wine flights! Perfect after a day of steaming in the hot springs in the rain.Special Features:
- The restaurant is warm andOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/16/2010The restaurant is warm and cozy, hip and lively! We enjoyed a deliciously fun evening of cocktails, wine and food with great service.Special Features:
- We have been to Barolo severalflipperDined on 12/4/2010We have been to Barolo several times and it has always been outstanding. It reminds us of a neighborhood bistro in SF or NY. Great value. We will keeping coming back.Special Features:
- I had a long day and I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2010I had a long day and I was tired when I went here but the excellent service picked me up. I just had the pasta with clams but I had a nice glass of wine, chatted with friendly banquet-mates, and overall had a lovely dinner. I was asked to leave at the end of my meal so they could turn the table - not so great but understandable. The drenched-in-red disco vibe was a little bit off with the Italian patina of the restaurants namesake but the huge horseshoe bar in the center of the room was hopping.
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2010I was pleasantly surprised by our meal. The heirloom tomato salad, with fresh corn, tiny croutons, basil olive oil and fresh mozzarella was divine. The mussels perfect. My lasagna was rich without being cloying and perfectly seasoned. My friends had the Eggplant special - cooked perfectly and the marinara excellent. Desserts - gelatos were first rate. I had the chocolate caramel tart, it was sublime - although I am not a fan of the fad of putting sea salt with chocolate and did my best to scrape it off to no avail, I would have given the restaurant 5 stars if it were not for that and the pricey wine list.Special Features:
- We had an incredible dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2010We had an incredible dinner at Barolo last Friday. The decor and ambiance were great -- artsy, lively, hip and not at all stuffy. And the food and wine were excellent (and trust me, I'm picky since I live within walking distance from San Francisco's very best). The standouts were the caesar salad (light, crispy, beautiful presentation)and the carbonara and shrimp pappardelle which were both surprisingly fresh interpretations of the old classics. The wine list was substantial (yet not one of those dizzying 4-pagers), interesting and perfectly suited for the menu. All in all, I give Barolo an A.Special Features:
- We had a group of seven, whichSuppertimeDined on 10/10/2010We had a group of seven, which presented no problems for the wait staff. Unlike some places, we were seated in a manner that allowed us to enjoy our conversation. We were served very attentively. The food was excellent. I especially appreciated the fact that smaller portions of each entree were available. Cannot comment on the wine list because we took our own! It was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a wonderful diningjazzyVIPDined on 10/4/2010We enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Barolo. Presentation of the Crab Cakes and salmon was excellent. The spagetti and meatballs were delicious. We loved the sauce. Our waiter Jake was very nice, helpful and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Our party of four needed toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2010Our party of four needed to move our reservation back; we called three hours prior to arrival to make the change and they had no record of our reservation so I made a new one. Since I am being asked for an Open Table review I'm assuming they eventually made the connection. We arrived and were seated in a corner booth in the bar. It was too loud to carry on a conversation. Our food was good but one of the four orders was not delivered with the rest and that diner ate, later, by himself. The waitress, not at fault, was very apologetic and did her best to make it a pleasant dining experience. There are a lot of choices for dining in Calistoga and I'm certain we will be trying one of the others on our next weekend.Special Features:
- My wife loved the short ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2010My wife loved the short ribs but my chicken marsala was a little salty. The lemon drop martinis could have been better. The desserts were great. The staff was professional and the food was overall good.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, serviceMAWEVIPDined on 7/6/2010We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. The minestrone soup was terrific and creative. My chicken marsala was tasty but a bit over cooked. My husband loved his braised short ribs -- very tender and tasty.
- Decor was very modern. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/19/2010Decor was very modern. Service was excellent. Food was very good, just enough to fill us but not so much that we were stuffed. Had the veal marsala & short ribs. Broccolini, asparagus, polenta & mashed potatoes were very delicious, lots of butter. Yum!Special Features:
- Food was great and fun toGOPJVIPDined on 5/29/2010Food was great and fun to share. I like that there are choices of portion size. Try everything. All good!Special Features:
- Wonderful mussels in wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2010Wonderful mussels in wine sauce with toasty bread to soak up the sauce. Very nice atmosphere to relax and talk.Special Features:
- loved it as always! this isOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/21/2010loved it as always! this is still my favorite spot in calistoga.Special Features:
- stylish interior, attentiveEatOutVIPDined on 3/5/2010stylish interior, attentive service, good food--a nice experience overall.
- Food was very good. Had aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010Food was very good. Had a reservation but had to wait 15 min might not have to wait if not a holiday/valentine day.Special Features:
- Surprisingly vibrant ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010Surprisingly vibrant ambiance at this hotel restaurant in the heart of Calistoga. Granted, we went there on Valentine's day on a 3 day weekend so the town was fully booked and the valley crowded... Still, the food, service and menu were all outstanding. Best item we had were the french fries, that came drizzled with truffle oil.Special Features:
- I made reservations for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010I made reservations for two on Valentine's Day, and we got seated at either end of a long rectangular table so far apart that we had to shout to speak to each other. We asked if they could put a smaller table in its place but they said they didn't have anything. They were also short staffed, taking a long time to bring our food, bringing the wrong dish for one of our entrees, never brought bread, and never refilled our water.
- A little bright and flashy,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/6/2010A little bright and flashy, more of a bar scene and not a romantic restaurant.
- Don't think we'll be goingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/2/2010Don't think we'll be going back to this Calistoga establishment. The food was very average; not bad, just not a lot to make it stand out. There is a limited menu at this establishment. The spaghetti with meatballs was good, but the other pasta dish was a little bland. We did not have a dedicated waiter, rather the bartender also doubled as a waiter on the night we went. He worked his buns off, but the service was still pretty slow even though there were only a few customers the evening we went. The environs were a little strange and a misfit. With the name "Barolo", you expect italian, but the interior is a modern disco-ish bar with tables around it and the overhead music was old time rock and roll. Needless to say, it didn't work.
- nice place, tucked besidesCaroleDined on 1/29/2010nice place, tucked besides the Mount View Hotel and Spa. Easy parking, short but nice menu. They appear to stick with what works. Good place to have a cocktail or glass of wine with the small plates.Special Features:
- Service was slow because theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/30/2009Service was slow because they were understaffed on the night we dined. Food was decent but not spectacular. We visited from Sonoma County and while the food was good it wasn't worth the drive.
- The food was great, and theElaineDined on 12/24/2009The food was great, and the service was lovely -- very personable, intelligent and timely. Congratulations to this new chef and owner. Our one disappointment was the wine. We had eaten there in this restaurant's earlier incarnation and the wine list was absolutely fantastic. We had flights and each one was terrific. This time we both got wine by the glass -- not inexpensive -- and they were so-so. In the middle of the wine country, this restaurant should do better. Otherwise, excellent!Special Features:
- Dinner was excellent and willOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/5/2009Dinner was excellent and will go back. Calamari was delicious, arancine so-so but they are never over the top. Perfect dressing on the caesar salad. Lasagna was very, very good and very rich. Spaghetti and meatballs - yummy. Service was on top; there was an accident with our molten chocolate cake in the kitchen (which takes 10 minutes after ordering) so we were comped sorbet and biscotti, along with the cake later. Very top quality.Special Features:
- The new menu is amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/2/2009The new menu is amazing and they serve cocktails now! I loved everything we ordered - arancini, short ribs, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs.... The vibe and look of Barolo is so refreshingly hip in wine country. This is my favorite night spot for sure.Special Features: