1001 S. Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://barurbano.com/home_brickell.html
- Phone: 3053815901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am, Saturday & Sunday Brunch is now available from 10:30am
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean
- Executive Chef: Alberto Bogado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Baru Urbano is available for special events Prix-fix menus available for lunch and dinner parties Appetizer are served in family style and meant to be shared by all guests at your table and individual Entrees pre-selected by your guests for your convenience Cocktail reception menus are also available
- Private Party Facilities: Semi Private Events; Main Room, Balcony, Patio 1, Patio 2, Bar
- Private Party Contact: Catalina Monsalve 7864137897
- Entertainment: Happy hour - Monday thru Saturday, Wednesday Salsa nights (live music) Thursday girls night-out(live music); late nights after hours Thursday thru Saturday
Saturday & Sunday Brunch!!!!!
A word from Baru Urbano
Baru Urbano is the epitome of "Miami style", a melting pot of multicultural cuisine, music, and artwork. Upon entering the restaurant, customers are transported into another world. where all senses are engaged. The Urban rustic decor is accented with trendy Latin American Street art by Andres Risquez, custom created cocktails by mixologist Arturo Sighinolfi refresh, and music that carries a mix of international rhythm and sounds throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baru Urbano reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Baru dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Fun place ...beautiful people..food could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / Horrible servicelovegoodfoodVIPDined on 7/20/2014I've been to this place a couple of times but this was the first time going for brunch. The food was amazing as usual but the service couldn't be worse. We arrived to an almost empty restaurant with a group of 3 people standing at the door so we waited for a couple minutes for an employee to attend the group of 3 and then us but no one ever came. I decided to approach a waitress to ask for help and she directed me to the group of 3 people that were in front of me. Apparently they weren't waiting in line, they were employees that were having a conversation and had just decided to ignore us for the several minutes we were waiting for service. So we just decided to sit ourselves. And the lack of service continued throughout brunch.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Baru Urbano reviews archive.
- Unorganized!SoccerFan1Dined on 6/19/2014They didn't accept the reservation I had made online through open table. They claimed they were only accepting phone call reservations for that day. But I called several times over a period of 2 hours and because they never answred the phone I went ahead and made the reservation online. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone EVER!Special Features:
- terrible mothers day experience :(thaisDined on 5/11/2014Superslow, we were starving and by the time food arrived, were not even hungry anymore. Dirty wine glasses, had to tell server more than once to please replace, a hair found in the food: no apologies or manager coming by the table. Service is terrible, not a good experience, food ok.Special Features:
- Barubori0528Dined on 5/3/2014It's ok. Not a fan of Colombian cuisine. Servers took a while to take care of us due to giving preferences to larger groups. Towards the end of the night it seemed to have picked up the pace with the crowd, but it was time to go home for me.Special Features:
- Horrible customer service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Horrible customer service! The place itself has potential because of the great music , and the band was entertaining . However , I wouldn't return nor recommend this place. Specifically the Doral location. It wouldn't be fair to judge the other Baru venues.
- Weak in every way!!!!soulmanDined on 2/22/2014I have seen this restaurant while visiting Perricone's on many occasions and thought it looked pleasant. Unfortunately, the service was horrible and the food was poorly prepared and even more poorly presented. If it wasn't for a fairly observant busboy who handled most of the requests and needs the waitress obviously wasn't interested or capable of handling it would have been beyond frustrating. Short summary, slow and inattentive service, bad food, bad presentation, and despite adjusting the gratuity that was automatically added as 18%, the waitress still had the audacity to enter her pre-printed total instead of respecting the adjustment I graciously made.
- Excellent serviceMayitaDined on 2/16/2014I enjoyed my Bday celebration!!! It was a good club in overall, good service and the people that work in there are excellent in their skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baru UrbanoTonyDined on 2/15/2014I liked the restaurant but I was disappointed by the poor service. My wife who is Colombian thought the food was very good and plentiful but almost the same as one would find in typical Colombian kitchen. As an American who has been to Colombia dozens of times I felt that if the restaurant wants to broaden it's scope then the Chef needs to experiment and provide more variety that what I saw on the menu. If you just want to try typical Colombian food for the first time or you are a Colombian just looking for some good home cooking then this would be the place, however if you want something new and exciting then this is not the place.Special Features:
- Very good food, friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Very good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices. Had a great time on New Year's eve. A place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice atmosphere...MiamiRedButterflyDined on 11/30/2013We had been to this Mary Brickell gem before. The food is really good...typical Colombian Urban cuisine. The service was a little bit off this time around...there was a confusion with part of our order. Other than that, we had a great evening and plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service310LakesideVIPDined on 11/25/2013Food is decent. Service is terrible. Have been here 3 times. The last 2 were awful experiences. I won't be going back.
- Reservation not readyUpsetDined on 11/16/2013We made a reservation for 20 person a week before the date, and we arrived, the table was not ready, we had to wait 15 minutes for a table for four, then another 10 minutes for another table, and so on until they put together a table for 20, my friends arrived and there was no table ready for them.....the manager that day was rude too, I didn't like her at all. The waiter was nice and efficient but the manager a disaster!!! I think she messed up our reservation and gave our table to another party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was one of those nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013I was one of those nights where you say "oh well we tried it". The waitress was nice,the food ok, the experience not good and certainly not worth the money.
- Poor Service310LakesideVIPDined on 11/9/2013I have been here 3 times, and the last 2 were very unenjoyable. I won't be going back. The food was decent, but the service was absolutely horrible. On my last visit, the waiter upcharged me without asking and took forever to bring my check after I asked for it twice. It's a shame because it is in a great location and has good food and drinks. Too many other places to go in the area.
- Good for drinks and appetizersMJDislikedDined on 9/21/2013I made reservations to celebrate my Best Friend's Birthday. The food was pretty good, no one had complaints. However, the service was slow. There was some sort of mix up with the orders which delayed some of the plates so some of our guests had to wait a bit of time before we could all eat together. The lights are dimmed throughout the inside dining room so it makes it hard to read the menu in the, we used our phones for extra light. Please bring your own cake for celebrations cake was hard and thick. Drinks are AWESOME! and so is the outside patio area. If you are going for drinks and appetizers you will not be disappointed but Just make sure that you communicate to the waiter on how you want things done and remember NO CAKE. ENJOY.Special Features:
- Good in general. food wasRamziVIPDined on 4/26/2013Good in general. food was good service friendly. Just be aware of that C H on the entrance! it was 10Pm and she was insisting on a cover fee of 20 per person to get in?? we want to set and eat are you kidding me? I go in free of charge to famous clubs in south beach not going to pay 20 to get in to eat! finally a manager told the B to let us in...We had nice time after allSpecial Features:
- Terrible service, they onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Terrible service, they only had two waiters available and they never brought my friends and I our drinks. We got tired of waiting and decided to leave. The food was good though.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2013Really a good place to have fun with friend, drink and have a little dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I went to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/2/2013My friend and I went to dinner around 8 PM. The place was still empty and we had our choice of tables. We got settled outside for some people watching. The cocktails are interesting, but not very strong. The wine list is OK and the house Pinot was decent for a house wine. We started slowly, with cocktails, then we ordered starters, then dinner and dessert. Service was good and we were never rushed. The food was solid, too. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Baru Urbano described by my 21 year old as a great bar to party at, was not our first choice for New Years Eve Dinner and the reviews we read were very mixed. That is why I was surprised that all seven of us loved our food. I highly recommend the Ceviche Peruano, Bandeja Paisa, Antojitos Baru, baby Octopus, cilantro rice, mixed vegetables, the Mojitos. We sat outside, the location is great for people watching and the service was very good. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- It was my first time in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012It was my first time in this place and LOVE it!!! It is a great place to hangout, have fun, laugh, enjoy, share, dance, talk with girls, friends, etc. I highly recomend this place.Special Features:
- We were able to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012We were able to celebrate a staff birthday during the rush lunch hour and the hospitably service was unbelievable. For a special one on one treatment and great food, this is the place to dine.Special Features:
- Food was overpriced and cameSMalikVIPDined on 5/13/2012Food was overpriced and came out cold. Service was poor as we were a party of two surrounded by several larger groups.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)SaittaDined on 2/24/2012The only thing we liked about baru was the location and drinks where ok. Food was mediocre for the price. A friend ordered the pork and it smelled bad so she returned it. We enjoyed the octopus appetizer and the complimentary cheese bread was good. Wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- Baru barred from my dining listAdolfo4GoodFoodVIPDined on 12/3/2011There is not much good to say about this restaurant. Perhaps some of the worst food I had in a long time. Certainly the description on the OpenTable is quite misleading.
- Never a good thing when yourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2011Never a good thing when your beer is warmer than your food. Tip is automatically added to your check so the service suffers. Good for the Brickell atmosphere, skip it for the food. Been here twice for someone's birthday and it been the same both times.
- Good except girl up frontGrasshopperVIPDined on 9/20/2011Good except girl up front seemed oblivious to the fact we had a reservation and ignored what we said.
- The staff was extremely rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2011The staff was extremely rude. They said they would accept a coupon of ours and when it came time to pay they wouldn't and they were very obnoxious.
- Good food and service, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2011Good food and service, but they need a quiet(er) room so that people can talk without yelling.Special Features:
- It was not exactly what iOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011It was not exactly what i inspect, and i ended ip. Going to the place across street Lolita.....
- One of the worst restaurantsMiamifoodVIPDined on 5/7/2011One of the worst restaurants I've been to in awhile. My husband and I went out for a date night on a Saturday night. We were seated next to two women with a large dog that was barking. The food was nothing to write home about and the service was horrible. Took us 25 minutes to get the check and when the check came, it was wrong. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- oh so yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2011Arepa Colombiana is amazing and you don't even need to add meat or shrimp. The tuna ceviche is also a must. I will go back FOR SURE on my next trip to Miami.Special Features:
- Have been there twice now.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/17/2011Have been there twice now. The first time for dinner, then brunch a few days later. Great food and service. I highly recommend Baru Urbano, you won't be dissapointed.Special Features:
- I have heard decent reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2011I have heard decent reviews for the late night crowd but I wanted to try the brunch. It was very disorganized with not very many food options. I am hoping the brunch is new which would explain the "issues". Unfortunately, I will not be trying it again until I hear things have changed.
- Best service in this local gemCleoBVIPDined on 3/23/2011Great outdoor patio on the corner of 10th Street and Miami Blvd - known for their ceviche which was amazing (we had the Corvino and the Tuna versions). Our server, Tania, was one of the best ever! Attentive but not intrusive. She gave us the history of the restaurant, the origin and preparation of the foods, and even provided recommendations for non-touristy sites we should visit (Lincoln Road and Espanola Way). We'd go back in a heartbeat! Only one note - the greeter did not check off our reservation in their system, so they sent Open table a "no show" report. We obviously dined there, and when I reported the problem to Open Table, they promptly fixed it. Be sure the host/hostess checks you in when you arrive to avoid this problem.Special Features:
- Fantastic. Great food. ReasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Fantastic. Great food. Reasonably priced for a great romantic ambiance. Awesome Valentine's day place. It was my first time there and I plan to come backSpecial Features:
- I've seen mixed reviews onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2010I've seen mixed reviews on this place, but my wife and I really enjoyed it. Great risotto. Music on the loud side, but we could still hear ourselves talk. Quick service, even with 15% automatically added to check. Brickell area is hot right now, and this restaurant fits right in. The happy hour seems very popular. Prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Baru Urbano ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2010I went to the restaurant with friends and we really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to other friends.Special Features: