74 Main St.
Matawan, NJ 07747Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartscuisine.com/
- Phone: 732 566 0267x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bart Ruggiero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Catering: Please view our website for buffet and table service options served in a most unusual ambience. www.bartscuisine.com or call Carolyn for details @732 239-2992 (cell) or e-mail @email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Karoake Friday evenings 8:00 p.m. with dj Frank
- Special Events: Friday evening Karaoke and occasional performances by local talent. Please check our website.
A word from Bart's Restaurant
In 1982, NYC restaurateur Bart Ruggiero brought his famous recipes to downtown Matawan, selecting a location where suburban hospitality meets sophisicated appetites. Lunch and Dinner served in charming old cathedral ambience where homemade pastas, fresh fish and veal specialities are always on the menu. Bart's has built a reputation for the finest fresh made raviolis with a variety of fillings. Join us - we can't wait to meet you!! Enjoy al fresco dining on our beautiful pation from May - October.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bart's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great placetfrnjDined on 8/10/2014I always enjoy a meal here. The staff is always polite and attentive. The food is fresh and tastey. They have accomdated special requests.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Bart's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Bart'sgrooviechickDined on 4/12/2014Bart's was a true surprise! From the restaurant itself (an old church) to the food to the service, a totally enjoyable evening. It had a cute bar area to hang out in too!Special Features:
- This was our third time atDine2enjoyDined on 3/15/2014This was our third time at Bart's (obviously we enjoyed our previous visit), but we brought a couple with us who had not previously dined there. We enjoyed the eggplant tower (complete with eggplant, tomato and swiss cheese). The steak with the brandy garlic sauce with mushrooms was perfect! We finished our meal with 2 deserts that we all shared, the chocolate mousse cake and the pistachio ice-cream which was coated in dark chocolate.....need I say more. We can't wait for our next dining experience to see what succulent treats await!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still thinking...FirstTimeDinerVIPDined on 3/13/2014I have live in the area for over 25 years and finally decided to give it a try. Loved the decor and ambiance. Great selection of choices on the menu. Didn't really care for the food (too salty) but willing to give it another try since we found out the cook quit the day before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightFirstTimerDined on 3/8/2014The chef quit. Nobody told us. The waitress took the order anyway. It took 2.25 hours from our arrival to the arrival of our entree. They were out of a few of the menu items, including the specials. Wine was good but first glass was skimpy. We wanted to hear the band during dinner, but it was too loud to hear each other talk in the bar area and too soft to hear the music in the dining area, where we sat. By the time we finished our entree, the band had all but finished playing. The food was tasty and plentiful but not prepared gourmet, like the prices and ambiance would suggest. The owner did try his best to satisfy the busy crowd, in spite of it all. The best part was the company of our friends.
- The restaurant is charming,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The restaurant is charming, it was converted from a church. The owners and staff are very friendly and make sure your dining experience is perfect. You must try the ravioli both the sweet potato and cheese, they are excellent and made fresh by the owner, Bart. We even catered our daughter's rehearsal dinner here and everyone was impressed. A true neighborhood find!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBucketlistDined on 2/21/2014Celebrated my birthday at Bart's with family and dinner was outstanding! Bart sent over fresh garlic bread, on the house, with our appetizers along with a piece of birthday cake at the conclusion of our dinner. Our server was attentive and very personable. The entire staff very friendly and cordial. The bar was hoping and people were having a lot of fun. Great place for dinner, this is a go to place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Years Eve DinnerBucketlistDined on 12/31/2013Visited Bart's as a last minute thought on New Year's Eve and to our surprise the experience was superlative! We had a 7:30 PM reservation and arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. Loved the intimate tables and a beautifully decorated dining area. Had a cordial conversation with a couple seated next to us. The service was spot on. Ordered 2 glasses of a wonderful pinot noir, followed by an appetizer of golden calamari. The New Year's Eve Menu had a good selection and we both chose the Shrimp and Chicken Francaise served with a creamed spinach and baked potato, a great choice. We followed our entrée with a Lemon cake, Tiramisu and coffee. This was our first time at Bart's and we are looking forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencebenjDined on 12/31/2013This was our first experience with Bart's ... and it was New Year's Eve. We had 5:00 PM reservations. The menu for the evening was exceptional and the service was fabulous. Not only were the appetizers, dinners, and desserts a culinary delight, but we got to take a whole lot home, too! Good price for the quality and amount of food you get. We'll be going back real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularLneville54Dined on 12/7/2013Great food, service and bar. Keep returning again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time & love it as much as 1st!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Bart's continues to impress! Excellent food, range of choices, large portions, reasonable wine prices and great desserts. Service is always super and we always get seated immediately at the time we reserved on OpenTable (or sooner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMickiDined on 7/31/2013A group of friends and I recently visited Bart's Restaurant and were pleased with not only the food, but the excellent service. The outdoor patio make for a great after dinner hang out spot. I just wish it wasn't so isolated. It is definitely a place to take time out to relax mid-week and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service. That's about itRevNeumannVIPDined on 6/11/2013I went to Bart's with a friend who just moved to the area. I am a foodie and pride myself on knowing all of the dining hot spots near me. Bart's intrigued me because of the menu and also cool architecture. We were the only ones there and the waitress was great, beyond that it was just a big disappointment. The food was what you would expect at a good pizzeria (which isn't a bad thing necessarily) but the $127 bill for two people sharing an app and having 3 cocktails was just insane. I've reviewed 75+ restaurants on open table, this is my 2nd review that I had a hard time finding anything positive to say.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013We were so surprised at how good the food was. My husband and I are great cooks so we usually do not enjoy eating out as much. Everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time here, like it very much!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013We've twice travelled 35 miles each way to get here to meet friends from North Jersey. We really liked everything about it the first time, and the second experience simply confirmed our first impressions. Great food, great service, nicely varied menu, very fair prices on the wine menu. Quiet in the main dining room, energetic in the bar area. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013The food was fantastic. The ambiance is one of a kind. Restaurant used to be a small church. The windows are arched and it is a great atmosphere. Haven't had a bad meal only outstanding. Highly recommend the pan seared scallops.Special Features:
- The service was ok but theJjgnDined on 4/6/2013The service was ok but the food wad bland without much taste. Watery pasta and chicken with no flavor
- We had dinner at Bart's theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We had dinner at Bart's the Saturday after Valentines Day and it was still nicely decorated. The food was OK. Not great..just OK. Would go back to try it one more time before writting it off.
- THE FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD QUALITYOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/13/2013THE FOOD IS ALWAYS GOOD QUALITY AND PLENTIFUL. THE SERVICE IS A LITTLE SLOW AND TIRED, BUT ALWAYS FRIENDLY. THE OWNERS ARE VERY NICE, AND THEY HAVE A GOOD SIZED BAR, FOR A SMALL RESTAURANT. IT'S BUILT INSIDE AN OLD CHURCH, SO IT'S A GOOD PLACE FOR A DATE, BUT NOT REALLY LARGE GROUPS.Special Features:
- The location and the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013The location and the building itself should be considered perfect. The atmosphere inside was a bit out dated. We went there for lunch and found the place super empty. The menu had small list, that I do like. My co-workers ordered fish dishes and I ordered salad and gniocchi. The salad was not pleasant to look at. I could do not eat it. It was just too over dressed and "messy". The sweet potato gniocchi were delicious. Tghe fish dishes that came to my co-workers were - one fried fish - too large for plate and would fit a bar type food place rather than Italian, the second looked pretty and according to my co-worker pretty good. The waitress was really nice and pleasant. I would go back there again to give another try.
- Sinfully good!TOM1055Dined on 12/8/2012Have been passing "St. Bart's"for months and months, and decided to try it with three friends. Restaurant is located in an old, small church. Setting is beautiful and romantic if you're looking for that. Food was terrific,selections were a bit limited but well rounded and good. and reasonably priced. Bar is very big and with nice ambient light at night. Staff was friendly and accomodating. It was about 1/2 full when we were there, but the noise level was quiet and subdued. acoustics must be great. The owner Bart was there making sure all was well. Don;t tell too many people about it, I had tohave to wait!Special Features:
- very good food, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2012very good food, and service was attentive. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. We will be back again soon!