Barton G. The Restaurant
1427 West Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139-3723Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Barton G. The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartong.com/
- Phone: (305) 672-8881
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Linquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. Catering - (305) 672-8881
- Private Party Facilities: We have very flexible private dining options available, including audio/visual and conference capabilities, kindly call the restaurant for more details
- Private Party Contact: Raymond Rosen 3056728881x
A word from Barton G. The Restaurant
Culinary visionary Barton G. has created a restaurant that adds a twist to dining out. By combining fine dining with fun dining, Barton G. The Restaurant makes each meal an experience, fulfilling the senses with enticing fragrances, delicious food and over-the-top presentations. Cuisine is neo-classic American – comfort food standards taken in an entirely new direction. The food is extravagantly whimsical with a sophisticated style and an unparalleled fusion of flavors. Located on West Avenue, away from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive, the restaurant features a sleek, trendy dining room rich with subtle details and a lush tropical garden ideal for alfresco dining. Requests for indoor and outdoor dining may be made, but table location is never guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barton G. The Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Barton G. The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (53)hot spot (53)romantic (42)vibrant bar scene (28)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (24)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great food presentation and great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service was very good and the food was amazing! If you're looking for a place to dine out with friends this is the right spot, not very romantic at all, there's a lot of noise... But I will come back with no problem. Valet parking was horrible, low end service and treatment, which made me feel I was at a cheap restaurant with a valet, the guy was hustling me for 15 bucks when I just got in... Tacky service and thumbs down for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous! Spectacular food presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Everything was amazing! The signature bar drink was delicious! The food presentation was amazing and fun! We will definitely be recommending Barton G to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGBarbaraFDined on 11/19/2014Every time we come to Miami we HAVE ABSOLUTELY to have Barton G experience! Is a lovely place , different and full of great surprises!!! So nice that, we chose as place to celebrate our 12nd doughter's birtday! We came from Brasil because we knew she would love it !! And gess what?? She did!! Thanks Barton G teem!!! It was, as always , an AMAZING experiance!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN TIMESOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014We had such a fun experience at Barton G. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/16/2014Ambiance and service are decent if unexceptional. The food is the main concern-it seems this restaurant focuses only on interesting presentation and the actual dishes are bland and uninspiring, especially given the cost.
- AMAZING!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This restaurant was on our list of to do's for south beach. We didnt regret it. Any thoughts that maybe the food quality may suffer as a result of the amazing presentation were quickly put to bed. The food was fresh and tasted incredible! none of us could finish our meals, they were huge. Fantastic experience and I would recommend to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome NightAngelDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I went to Barton G. on this past Saturday for out date night. What an awesome place. Not only do you go out to dinner but their way on presenting the Specialty Martini's and the food was amazing. The Food was great and our server Alexandria was on spot. There is plenty of help in the restaurant so you can get what you want without having to wait. It's a little pricy but I knew that going in.Special Features:
- ExcellenttweetgoodVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food presentstikn was excellent. The food taste wonderful. My waiter was outstanding as he gave tips on where to sit, take pictures with props. The menu is on an iPad. It was an excellent evening for my mom's bday celebration. If you get there early, the restaurant is quiet. If you get there later, the restaurant gets louder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and costumer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The service and costumer service was excellent, the only issue I had was that I went to celebrate an anniversary with my girlfriend and we were sitting in between two groups of people very loud and we requested to be seated in another table. Service was excellent, food quality and servers were very polite and were able to meet our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2014This was our first time at Barton G. Several friends had recommended the restaurant, but would not divulge any specifics except that we would love it. And we did! Both the fun presentations as well as the food was outstanding. Cannot wait to return and expose another couple to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The Price- Food was amazing and entertainingAMJ76Dined on 11/13/2014I heard about this place from a friend and it had been on my restaurant bucket list awhile. We were running late from our boat charter and had a late reservation to start. They were so accommodating and seated us 10 mins before the kitchen was to close. I noticed right away that there were many large parties and several birthdays as desserts were coming out with sparklers. We sipped our delicious nitrotinis and watched as servers delivered spectacular food art to nearby tables. I was a little skeptical at first and thought maybe the food would be just mediocre. Lots of places have some feature or gimic to get you in the door and I clearly would've come just for the artful presentation of the food. That was NOT the case at all! Everything we ordered was outstanding! I had the lobster poptarts for my appetizer and admit I ordered it because I heard it was delivered to the table in a retro toaster. It was delicious! My Mom and boyfriend loved their salad appetizers too. I had the filet served on top of short ribs for my entree. It was one of the best steaks I've had and we travel and eat around, including Miami's Prime 112. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious for all of us. We had a great time and a great meal. Dessert was so fun! It was very pricey and I feel it was worth every penny! I'll definitely come back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing conceptMojitelDined on 11/13/2014I am a foodie, and really I was really happy with the service from the valet guy to our server. Service was exceptional. Totally worth the price. Portions are bigger then I expected, therefore I couldn't even finish my food. But food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's something differenttata2809Dined on 11/9/2014The staff is very good. Polite and knowledge. But I didn't like the menu.Special Features:
- AmazingCaribbeantravelfanDined on 11/8/2014The food presentation is incredible and the food lives up to the presentation.Special Features:
- Love Barton GPDUBDined on 11/8/2014I have dined at the South Beach location twice, and it is always a great experience.Special Features:
- Quick stop byJohnyBDined on 11/5/2014Very pricey for food and drinks, but if your willing to spend, the place has a lot of novelty dishes with fun garnishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLuxDiningVIPDined on 11/2/2014The lobster truffle Mac and cheese is a must. Great cocktails. Super friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better service and food choicesbbetterDined on 11/2/2014We booked through OpenTable and left a message regarding our allergies. They never bothered to inform us that they could not accommodate. We sat down and nobody came to the table to serve us for quite some time.
- Gus1928Dined on 10/30/2014We love the creativity of the plates and the atmosfere. Friendly staf. Drinks are amazing.Special Features:
- FunnyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014the presentation of the plates are very creative. they all have a theme, such as a sushi accompanied with a samurai sword. so much funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the looks!callitaDined on 10/24/2014All the effort is placed in food presentation, I would say tooooo much! Some of it is so big that you can't see the person across the table. It even goes to tacky and uncomfortable. The quality of the food ok but very overpriced for what you get. Desserts are the same as what you can get at a fair for $2 (cotton candy, funnel cake).
- A mustLuxDiningVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great bar. Order the lobster mac and cheese. It's alltime epic. Super friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Delicious....JohnDined on 10/23/2014... about sums it up. The farm salad (forgot what it's called) is delicious! But so is everything else I tried.Special Features:
- MosquitoeslenykDined on 10/17/2014This is a great restaurant in Miami. But if you choose the outside area, you will be attacked by mosquitoes. There were so many I don't even remember what I ate.Special Features:
- Fun and good fooddanaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fun dining experience. The food and drink presentations are out of this world. It is a fun and entertaining atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingfredDined on 10/11/2014great food and service amazing ambiance , kobe burger and samourai tuna was the best should have this restaurant in montrealSpecial Features:
- Not a place for a quiet mealYummyDined on 10/11/2014Too loud and not a good place for a quiet meal. It was too dark and we couldn't see our food. A big part of the dining experience is being able to see what you are eating. It's a unique concept but the focus should probably be a little more on the food and the guest not just the presentation.Special Features:
- Good to visit onceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Barton G is good to visit once to experience their food presentation as it is certainly very different and interesting. I can't say that the food was up to standard for the prices. The meal was fine, but it wasn't excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceLaurinaDined on 10/2/2014Absolutely incredible. Everything was speculator. Very pricey however. Special occasion. For 2people price tag was $400. Yaohza. Really amazing.Special Features:
- The Hidden GemDekwan007Dined on 9/28/2014Always wanted to try this restaurant so my wife's birthday was the perfect opportunity. We went to Barton G on 14th and West Ave (South Beach) and the food was great. The lobster pop tarts were fantastic! We really enjoyed the service and ambiance. The music was upbeat and appropriate for the mood and made our time there fly by. We had to past on dessert so not to miss our movie. We'll definitely be back for more great food, music and dessert next time.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!K3ZeeDined on 9/27/2014Loved everything about the place. Worth every penny :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing presentations!RhonoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Besides delicious food, the presentations are out of this world!! A must if you are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated interior,more "wow" neededSkindrDined on 9/27/2014Gets a 10+ In originality of presentation . Food is a solid 6 compared with others in this class. Needs an upgraded interiorSpecial Features:
- One Time ExperienceIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fun concept for a one-time experience. Drinks and food all come out with a presentation theme, and are presented to generate maximum attention. Prices are high, since this is really more of an experience than a standard meal. Charging $15 for valet parking is just obnoxious. To pay $100 per person on average (no alcohol was ordered) to have a meal delivered in an ostentatious manner is just not something I'd go back to again. I'm sure some people find this place amazing - I just don't get it.Special Features:
- Fantastic - Nitrogen Drinks AmazingRaFoodDined on 9/26/2014Great experience with party of 10. Service was extraordinary. Some dishes have very over the top presentation; very cool. Dont skip out on the nitrogen drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience worth every pennyLive4BrunchDined on 9/26/2014Presentation is this restaurant's expertise. The big, fantastic dishes are surprising and delightful but can become inconvenient with the small tables. Although the food is delicious, the theatrics inflate the pricing. If you're looking for simple, good quality food, I wouldn't recommend this place. If you're looking for a fun experience with great service or looking to impress someone special, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- South Beach DelightBirthdayCelebrationDined on 9/24/2014Barton G was fun and the food was excellent although very pricey. The presentation of each course was over-the-top! For visitors to South Beach it is a must ..... everyone should have the experience once in a lifetime!Special Features:
- presentationmikeVIPDined on 9/21/2014alk about over the top, this place is outstanding!!! impeccable food, impeccable presenationSpecial Features:
- expensivefoodie2Dined on 9/21/2014Overall very nice place, great presentation, food was good but very over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePI79Dined on 9/20/2014Great service, food presentation is PHENOMENAL, pricey? Maybe, but is worth every penny for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.