Barton G. The Restaurant
1427 West Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139-3723Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Barton G. The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartong.com/
- Phone: 3056728881x
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Linquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. Catering - (305) 672-8881
- Private Party Facilities: We have very flexible private dining options available, including audio/visual and conference capabilities, kindly call the restaurant for more details
- Private Party Contact: Raymond Rosen 3056728881x
A word from Barton G. The Restaurant
Culinary visionary Barton G. has created a restaurant that adds a twist to dining out. By combining fine dining with fun dining, Barton G. The Restaurant makes each meal an experience, fulfilling the senses with enticing fragrances, delicious food and over-the-top presentations. Cuisine is neo-classic American – comfort food standards taken in an entirely new direction. The food is extravagantly whimsical with a sophisticated style and an unparalleled fusion of flavors. Located on West Avenue, away from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive, the restaurant features a sleek, trendy dining room rich with subtle details and a lush tropical garden ideal for alfresco dining. Requests for indoor and outdoor dining may be made, but table location is never guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Barton G. The Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Barton G. The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)good for groups (35)hot spot (30)romantic (26)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 20th birthdayjuicyj80Dined on 8/30/2014Great place to celebrate but that's about all. Food not so great . Appetizers were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was unique - we took the kids to see the presentations - but overall just too expensive for the quality level.Special Features:
- Good Place. Bad Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I am from out of town, and have been here before and recommended it to my friends because I thought it would be fun. It is a great place, and is vibrant, but the service leaves alot to be desired. From upon first entering the door, we just stood there not knowing what to do because no one greeted us, and several hosts passed us by. Then when we finally were seated, our waiter was just the worse ever. Taking all of our orders took way longer than it should have, and he just overall had a poor attitude. Very disappointing. I expect more from Barton G's, when you charge $30 for just drinks, your service needs to be at a different level, and that was not displayed. I was embarrassed that I recommended the establishment to my group.Special Features:
- Unique!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014A special dining experience for a celebration, a group, or simply to have a lot of fun. Excellent food and crazy-fun presentation. Try the Sabrinatina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun foodAnahavanaVIPDined on 8/18/2014Loved the ambience and fun good presentations! However~ the price is very high!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Wonderful presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014But don't be shocked when the bill comes - it's expensive.
- Great momentAcarDined on 8/14/2014Great food, outstanding experience... Expensive but it worth!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertaining and flavorfulMichiMeoowDined on 8/13/2014Very beautiful place with the decor and entertainment extending to the food. And the food tastes just as good as it looks. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRegulardinnerDined on 8/9/2014I brought my wife here for a small celebration over the weekend. We are in our early 30s and have been to the other popular sorts like Prime 112, Juvia ect ect. I wanted something a little different and after reading all about there atmosphere, decided to try it out. I notified them ahead of time it was a celebration and to have a table prepped with something like champaign. We got there, nothing on the table as requested. Anyway, this place caters to kids, kids and more kids. They do a nice thing for the 5-12 year old demographic, so if kids are not your thing, then totally avoid. Also the different things that they do for presentation are cool, but I think that the staff has done them so many times they are forcing it. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Barton G...Excellent Dining!KimBakerTheFoodieDined on 8/7/2014As Always, Barton G lived up to it's Excellent Dining Experience! Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Staff and Superb Server! looking forward to my next visit! ...KBakerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Presentation is fun and great for events. Food isn't excellent. They need a new great chef and different presentations. Been going for years and it's always the same stuff. It's great, just needs a change up a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place!!!Lia2014Dined on 8/5/2014Everything was excellent. Want to go back soon with family and friends. What a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentLove2dineDined on 8/5/2014The presentation of the good was ok, however the food as well as vegetables were very oily & greasy to the point that you couldn't taste the actual flavor of the food.
- So much fun!paigeVIPDined on 8/3/2014What a fun place to go! Loved our waiter James! Get the lobster pop tarts for sure. Cotton candy dessert was enough to feed 10 and completely awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedFabulous75Dined on 8/2/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant in Miami beach , drove 1hour so they can put me and my boyfriend outside on a very hot night while I had reservation for inside. The waiter wasn't nice, We ask few times to be moved inside but they didn't really care so we only had appetizer that was ok and left another hour driving back without a dinner. The best thing was my date !
- Outdoor DiningJC13Dined on 8/2/2014Food & service were outstanding but the outdoor dining was average at best. The area was nicely decorated but too dark to fully enjoy and see what we were eating not to mention very hot and the chances of rain ruining your dinner. I would not go back unless I can dine inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem on south beachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had just reached our 15 grace period,but was seated and greeted promptly. The weather provided for great out door eating. The server (David) was non intrusive and made some great suggestions. Food came out promptly and were excellent portions. I must say the staff also was very attentive towards every table. I will be returning again.Special Features:
- Always FunOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014It had been years since I last visited Barton G - it was a wonderful experience. Food and Service were outstanding - and the presentation of the meals and Drinks! was awesome. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, AWSOME food.DinerSteph1214Dined on 8/1/2014Loved everything! First time in the restaurant and couldn't stop talking about it for two days! The food was spectacular and every plate had a different theme. Very Unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014The food was great and the presentation was awesome. Drink presentation was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!Rmc11Dined on 7/25/2014I have always heard great things about Barton G's and I was finally able to find out for my self. It was pure excellence. From the second you walk in you receive great service. The food and drinks are served with amazing presentation and taste great! The ambiance has a fun and trendy feel to it. I had a great experience at Barton G's and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going once but too expensivemcihDined on 7/23/2014The place has a great experience and it is a must to go once because of the food presentation which is funny, different and attractive, but food taste is "normal" for the price one is paying, not worth to spend so many dollars more than once as it is better to sepnd them in a really good quality tasty restaurant. Most of the people just go once but it is worth to at least know the place!. Not romantic by night, too many kids very noisy and running etc.. they even throw a couple of plates which makes it not that fun...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the creative presentationsrearviewreviewDined on 7/22/2014The food presentation was fantastic, there was a lot of though behind the presentation of every dish. Loved the appetizers, main course was a bid disappointing but that could be because we were already full from too many apps..... For cocktails I ordered the margarita (which it was too sweet for my taste), the server offfer to remake it but it ended up not tasting right. I have to say:....great job creative team behind this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Truly excellent!!! Food and service were amazing.. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceUSARMYOFFICERDined on 7/19/2014We were under the impression this was a high end venue; however, upon arrival had to wait over 35 minutes to be seated (we arrived on time as per reservation). Once our table was ready, we were taken through the kitchen to an upstairs overflow room, where according to the host it was supposed to be "less crowded and more private". To our suprise, our table was a mere few inches away from the table next to it, leaving no room for privacy and being much more like family gathering. We had no other option than to politely reject the table and find another restaurant nearby.
- Great dinnerDanielVIPDined on 7/11/2014Over the top drinks and over the top display of their food. I go their twice a year and Barton g never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Fun!RSSlowDined on 7/5/2014The presentation and displays of craft cocktails & food is over the top! Definitely an amazing experience and one of my top spots in SoBe. The drinks are suburb as well as the food, delicious! Can't wait to go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, overpriced..TamagochkaDined on 7/4/2014Stunning interior design and wonderful idea of "frozen" menu items, great service.. but steak was supposed to taste, at least, different. Too much butter everywhere. Lots of sugar. Sorry, but didn't enjoy my buttery meat and chocolate dessert that contained like 2 lbs of sugar. Appetizer was fine and all dishes were amazingly served but too much salt/butter/oil/fried stuffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/4/2014My favorite restaurant in south beach and I am a food snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time surpriseLisaDDined on 6/28/2014Everyone said about "the presentation" of food at this restaurant and that is exactly correct. What a wonderful experience. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique!Joanne0819Dined on 6/28/2014A different kind of experience that should be tried at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing presentation of foodeskandayVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amazing presentation of food, food is very tasty, we sat in the garden and it was nice but a little dark. Portion is good, prices on the high side for drinks and saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six Stars!!!MC2014Dined on 6/11/2014As always this is my favorite restaurant to dine at in Miami! Excellent food, service and the presentation is always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but uniqueAntqlevyDined on 6/7/2014I took my daughter and her friends when she was 14 and decided to take her back for her 19th birthday Great Service, Great food, Great Presentation another memorable night......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, but priceyYepWowDined on 5/31/2014It was a amazing once and a life time experience. The food was perfect, but the presentations where phenomenal. It was really out of this world. This is our 2nd time going to Barton G's and we are always amazed. The costs however, are just as shocking. For us with drinks from their nitro bar, it came to about $200 per person, but as I mentioned it is a experience. If you can afford it - give it a shot. If your on a budget, do not enter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceBrianS24VIPDined on 5/30/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated outside. We politely asked to be placed inside and were told that was not possible. It was extremely warm out. Our drinks were very good and we ordered dinner. We were a party of 6 and dinner arrived less than 10 minutes after placing order. I have been dining in fine restaurants for many years and couldnt believe how quickly our food arrived. This was supposed to be an awesome dining experience yet felt like a fast food restaurant. The food was average at best with over the top presentations. From our seats on the upper patio outside we could clearly see that there were empty tables inside that were available when we arrived and were still empty when we were done!
- must try at least onceLEVENTDined on 5/18/2014Very good presentation but too expensive for some choices, Brand Anderson was very good to us since it was very cold due to airconditioning ( by the way it was OK for US people it was only cold for us that we are from Turkey ).Special Features:
- whimsical and good foodTODinerVIPDined on 5/18/2014Presentation is the key at this place and it works. Overpriced? Yes. Interesting and fun? Most definitely. Have a nitrogen flash frozen cocktail. Pricey but fun. Not a place you'd go to every week but a must for visitors to SoBe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barton GfoodincDined on 5/16/2014This is definitely an experience themed restaurant. If you have an open mind it's the place for you... It's fun, quirky, and great food.... If your a "foodie" not sure right place for you. Again, the food is great, however I can imagine a "foodie" giving G a hard time which would rob it from the amazing themed drinks to the great food and outrageous deserts with incredible presentations. If you have a fun spirit hit up Barton G, you will love it!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nitro drinksLuvnitrodrinksDined on 5/14/2014Steak and desserts come in a very creative presentation. Nitro drinks are good, fries can serve more than 4!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.