Barton G. The Restaurant
1427 West Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139-3723Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Barton G. The Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartong.com/
- Phone: 3056728881x
- Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Linquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details. Catering - (305) 672-8881
- Private Party Facilities: We have very flexible private dining options available, including audio/visual and conference capabilities, kindly call the restaurant for more details
- Private Party Contact: Raymond Rosen 3056728881x
A word from Barton G. The Restaurant
Culinary visionary Barton G. has created a restaurant that adds a twist to dining out. By combining fine dining with fun dining, Barton G. The Restaurant makes each meal an experience, fulfilling the senses with enticing fragrances, delicious food and over-the-top presentations. Cuisine is neo-classic American – comfort food standards taken in an entirely new direction. The food is extravagantly whimsical with a sophisticated style and an unparalleled fusion of flavors. Located on West Avenue, away from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive, the restaurant features a sleek, trendy dining room rich with subtle details and a lush tropical garden ideal for alfresco dining. Requests for indoor and outdoor dining may be made, but table location is never guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barton G. The Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)good for groups (45)hot spot (41)fit for foodies (32)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Loved everything about the place. Worth every penny :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing presentations!RhonoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Besides delicious food, the presentations are out of this world!! A must if you are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated interior,more "wow" neededOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Gets a 10+ In originality of presentation . Food is a solid 6 compared with others in this class. Needs an upgraded interiorSpecial Features:
- Fantastic - Nitrogen Drinks AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Great experience with party of 10. Service was extraordinary. Some dishes have very over the top presentation; very cool. Dont skip out on the nitrogen drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience worth every pennyLive4BrunchDined on 9/26/2014Presentation is this restaurant's expertise. The big, fantastic dishes are surprising and delightful but can become inconvenient with the small tables. Although the food is delicious, the theatrics inflate the pricing. If you're looking for simple, good quality food, I wouldn't recommend this place. If you're looking for a fun experience with great service or looking to impress someone special, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- presentationmikeVIPDined on 9/21/2014alk about over the top, this place is outstanding!!! impeccable food, impeccable presenationSpecial Features:
- expensivefoodie2Dined on 9/21/2014Overall very nice place, great presentation, food was good but very over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePI79Dined on 9/20/2014Great service, food presentation is PHENOMENAL, pricey? Maybe, but is worth every penny for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lives up to the PresentationsExperiencedItalianDinerDined on 9/20/2014While pricey, the nitro cocktails are refreshing, balanced, and really pack a punch; they're well worth the price. The lobster pop tarts were flakey and warm with just the right amount of succulent lobster and creamy filling. The lobster mac and cheese was the most outrageous, decadent, sumptuous thing I have ever eaten. Topped with a crispy, cheesy crust, the warm, gooey inside was the perfect mix of pasta and large succulent lobster chunks. This is a must if you visit Barton G. My other dinner guests had the short ribs and the skirt steak. Both of which were superb as well. Sadly, we didn't have room for dessert, but the options sounded (and looked) delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceDaneDined on 9/19/2014Extremely unique, beautifully executed fine dining experience. For real foodies, there is definitely more style over substance. However, the food was still great and definitely had a wow factor! A must see whilst in miami!Special Features:
- cool with kidsAverageDined on 9/19/2014Great experience and the kids loved it. It very $$$$$$ but worth it. We will be going back. I would not go without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceRogelioDined on 9/15/2014i received a call to confirm and was greeted nicely.... and when i arrived at the location.. greeted wonderful.... staff was great and very inviting... great food... although it was a Monday...and was a bit slower than usual.... still a fun environment.... def will be back...Special Features:
- ShowboatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014It was more of a cheesy visual experience .. Service came with a robotic act almost as staff was burnt out and couldn't care less about customers .Special Features:
- nice but...aek05001Dined on 9/8/2014we really enjoyed this restaurant. the food was great and the experience was fun and different. we were a little disappointed in the presentation. we were expecting to be really blown away from all the other reviews we found but our entrees were nothing special; they were served on plates that had either a baseball bat or a giant lure on them. different but didn't blow us away. anyone can glue something funky to a plate. likewise with the apps...a little underwhelming from what we were expecting. the drinks were fun; a shot is frozen in liquid nitrogen and smokes for a time, but they were not all that tasty. overall the food was good tho. would recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome food presentationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Be prepared to drop some money, especially if you drink alcohol. Totally worth it for the unique experience. Great place for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Sept SOBE dining reviewsScottishfoodieDined on 9/6/20141. Pied a Terre 2. Cafe Prima Pasta 3. The Restaurant by Barton G 4.Il Sole by Barton G. The Restaurant was a fun experience. The service & food good. Pied a Terre, excellent. Food exquisite, wine list exceptional and service attentive and efficient. Love French food and rate there dishes highly. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and showed us around which was a lovely and unexpected treat. Casa Prima Pasta was also impressive good menu, service, food and beautiful interior. Thanks to Giuseppe for a complimentary drink and interest in us as customers. Very personal service, delicious food. Very disappointed by Il Sole, service haphazard -wrong wine, conflicting menu info, pre-drinks not served, snobby hosts and staff. NOT RECOMMENDED!Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We came for my girlfriends birthday and it was worth every penny. A little pricey yes but the food and service were great and the atmosphere was perfect. If you get nothing else get the SabrinatiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very priceywantagoodmealDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife to dinner for our 27 Anniversary. On the reservation I had asked for a nice table for this reason. We get a table near the main walkway not very romantic. The service was slow it took our waitress awhile to come over to us, she talked really fast and did not explain the specials she sure did not tell me the appetizer was $79 for 2 frozen crab legs cut in half ,3 shrimp nice size,1/2 Maine lobster and 2 crab claws. Drinks and deserts way over priced, the back in black skirt steak was really tender I must admit. My wife had gone before and said she had a much better experience,not sure what happened this time. All in all the Barton G was not worth the $260.00 I paid for dinner very disappointed, come on $29 for cotton candy!!!
- Fabulous Celebratory Dinner!KBLadyDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our daughter's 17th Bday...what a special night! Everything was just perfect! Our server was fabulous along with everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th birthdayjuicyj80Dined on 8/30/2014Great place to celebrate but that's about all. Food not so great . Appetizers were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was unique - we took the kids to see the presentations - but overall just too expensive for the quality level.Special Features:
- Good Place. Bad Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I am from out of town, and have been here before and recommended it to my friends because I thought it would be fun. It is a great place, and is vibrant, but the service leaves alot to be desired. From upon first entering the door, we just stood there not knowing what to do because no one greeted us, and several hosts passed us by. Then when we finally were seated, our waiter was just the worse ever. Taking all of our orders took way longer than it should have, and he just overall had a poor attitude. Very disappointing. I expect more from Barton G's, when you charge $30 for just drinks, your service needs to be at a different level, and that was not displayed. I was embarrassed that I recommended the establishment to my group.Special Features:
- Unique!GuideGalDined on 8/27/2014A special dining experience for a celebration, a group, or simply to have a lot of fun. Excellent food and crazy-fun presentation. Try the Sabrinatina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun foodAnahavanaVIPDined on 8/18/2014Loved the ambience and fun good presentations! However~ the price is very high!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Wonderful presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014But don't be shocked when the bill comes - it's expensive.
- Great momentAcarDined on 8/14/2014Great food, outstanding experience... Expensive but it worth!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertaining and flavorfulMichiMeoowDined on 8/13/2014Very beautiful place with the decor and entertainment extending to the food. And the food tastes just as good as it looks. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRegulardinnerDined on 8/9/2014I brought my wife here for a small celebration over the weekend. We are in our early 30s and have been to the other popular sorts like Prime 112, Juvia ect ect. I wanted something a little different and after reading all about there atmosphere, decided to try it out. I notified them ahead of time it was a celebration and to have a table prepped with something like champaign. We got there, nothing on the table as requested. Anyway, this place caters to kids, kids and more kids. They do a nice thing for the 5-12 year old demographic, so if kids are not your thing, then totally avoid. Also the different things that they do for presentation are cool, but I think that the staff has done them so many times they are forcing it. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Barton G...Excellent Dining!KimBakerTheFoodieDined on 8/7/2014As Always, Barton G lived up to it's Excellent Dining Experience! Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Staff and Superb Server! looking forward to my next visit! ...KBakerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Presentation is fun and great for events. Food isn't excellent. They need a new great chef and different presentations. Been going for years and it's always the same stuff. It's great, just needs a change up a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place!!!Lia2014Dined on 8/5/2014Everything was excellent. Want to go back soon with family and friends. What a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentLove2dineDined on 8/5/2014The presentation of the good was ok, however the food as well as vegetables were very oily & greasy to the point that you couldn't taste the actual flavor of the food.
- So much fun!paigeVIPDined on 8/3/2014What a fun place to go! Loved our waiter James! Get the lobster pop tarts for sure. Cotton candy dessert was enough to feed 10 and completely awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedFabulous75Dined on 8/2/2014Wanted to try a new restaurant in Miami beach , drove 1hour so they can put me and my boyfriend outside on a very hot night while I had reservation for inside. The waiter wasn't nice, We ask few times to be moved inside but they didn't really care so we only had appetizer that was ok and left another hour driving back without a dinner. The best thing was my date !
- Outdoor DiningJC13Dined on 8/2/2014Food & service were outstanding but the outdoor dining was average at best. The area was nicely decorated but too dark to fully enjoy and see what we were eating not to mention very hot and the chances of rain ruining your dinner. I would not go back unless I can dine inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem on south beachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had just reached our 15 grace period,but was seated and greeted promptly. The weather provided for great out door eating. The server (David) was non intrusive and made some great suggestions. Food came out promptly and were excellent portions. I must say the staff also was very attentive towards every table. I will be returning again.Special Features:
- Always FunOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014It had been years since I last visited Barton G - it was a wonderful experience. Food and Service were outstanding - and the presentation of the meals and Drinks! was awesome. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, AWSOME food.DinerSteph1214Dined on 8/1/2014Loved everything! First time in the restaurant and couldn't stop talking about it for two days! The food was spectacular and every plate had a different theme. Very Unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014The food was great and the presentation was awesome. Drink presentation was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!Rmc11Dined on 7/25/2014I have always heard great things about Barton G's and I was finally able to find out for my self. It was pure excellence. From the second you walk in you receive great service. The food and drinks are served with amazing presentation and taste great! The ambiance has a fun and trendy feel to it. I had a great experience at Barton G's and would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.