Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakeparkbistro.com/
- Phone: 4149626300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lake Park Bistro's private rooms overlook Lake Michigan; Catering Director will assist with customizing parties for corporate, social or wedding events with floral decorations, personalized menus & cakes.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Sleiter 4149626300x
A word from Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro is located in an historic renovated park pavilion that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The Parisian-style bistro serves authentic rustic French cuisine and is regularly voted Milwaukee's most romantic restaurant. The kitchen is led by Chef Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2008. The stellar food, gorgeous views and unparalleled service make Lake Park Bistro a most desirable destination for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch as well as an ideal location for corporate and social events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)scenic view (221)romantic (176)fit for foodies (153)notable wine list (109)great for brunch (79)neighborhood gem (58)great for lunch (51)good for groups (32)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Fabuloous view. Outstanding service and interesting menu choices. Limited vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvstoeatVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was excellent, as was the French onion soup (best I've had). But the croque Monsieur was not what I expected - it was just a grilled ham and cheese.Special Features:
- Simply the bestljkpDined on 9/15/2014My sister lives out of state, and whenever she visits she insists on lunch at Lake Park Bistro. The food is fabulous, service is spot on, and the view is lovely. We have never been disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Our dinner date was excellent. The food was a real treat and the service was impeccable. The timing of our meal from the appetizer's through dessert was spot on. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall v good but could be betterJerryj2VIPDined on 9/14/2014LPB is always a special treat - great view of Lake Michigan from the dining room attentive service and usually a good meal too. My only gripe is if you are dropping two bills plus for a dinner for two - it should be outstanding! Our entrees were good - one of us had the french onion (slightly soupier than normal) steak frites and the other the heirloom tomato dinner feature that included a salad that was excellent, a tart that was good and a steak. Steaks on both our entrees were good but not great. The next night I ate at Zarletti a down town restaurant comparably priced and the flavor and tenderness of their bone-in rib-eye special knocked it out of the park. I realize the difference in cuts but it was a notable difference.Special Features:
- Awesome brunchMFallsBeauDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary at a window table for two with an awesome brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone knows that the food here will be terrific, and it was. But the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific MealWisphilDined on 9/13/2014An outstanding meal! Bone-in Ribeye and fillets were exceptional. Tender with great flavor.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We celebrated the birthday of one of our French friends at the Lake Park Bistro. We had a wonderful evening with excellent food and wine. We are always very impressed with evenings at this very special restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerreddens1Dined on 9/12/2014Reserveds a table ahead of time and was not disapppointed....We had a nice table that overlooked the lake, until the sun set. The food tasted good, but pricey (as expected). The portions were on the small side, but we left feeling full. We appreciated the nice service. The "happy Anniversary" note on our table and complimentary glasses of champagne were a great touch. The noise level was high, some people may not enjoy the atmosphere, but it did not bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu a bit limited.NewcomerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I wish they would have a few more offerings on the menu. It is a bit limited. Our service was exceptional and the noise level was better this time than the two times previously. When we have friends/relatives that come into town we often take them the LPB because of the view. I was a little disappointed because we arrived early for our reservation and there were several tables next to the window but we were seated farther back into the room. Since you can't reserve these tables I don't know why they didn't seat us at one as they always tell us it is "first come first serve" for these tables.Special Features:
- Great Good FoodjbirdnyDined on 9/11/2014I picked up my Mom from the MKE airport as she flew in from CA. This was just 25 minutes drive north and a lovely spot with a view. Even the tables not at the window afford a view. The service was gracious and efficient.Special Features:
- KateDined on 9/7/2014As always food and service were very good for the most part.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014There's no messing around with this place. Just phenomenal in every way. Always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance on SundayenglishloverDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went to brunch at Lake Park Bistro and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our two waiters were attentive and personable and the food was delicious. We could easily have made a meal on the delicious, flaky croissants and the brie that came with the appetizer. Our entrees -- eggs benedict and vegetarian omelet -- were very tasty and beautifully presented. I would certainly recommend Lake Park Bistro to anyone wanting to eat a memorable meal and experience the lovely setting. Our waiter Casey was particularly pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Hope You Can Hear ThisTJRadDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and hate the super high sound level. Far too noisy to make it a fine experience. Too bad. The noise level could be cut by a third and there would be more than enough energy.Special Features:
- FoodieFirstTimeDined on 8/30/2014Food was Ok, small portions very expensive for what you got. Good service, nice wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014food tasted like college cafeteria…onion soup had no taste - like onions cooked in water for a few minutes & if the cheese is thick enough, it's authentic! Special veal dish had that greasy film as if it had come from a cafeteria hot stand, fish was way too saltySpecial Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The entrance to Lake Park Bistro is very welcoming, and set the scene for the dining experience. We were welcomed by the hostess, seated in the Lake Room at our request, and had a lovely view of the sailboats on the lake. We all decided to order the three item prix fix menu. My colleague and I had the baked French onion soup which had lovely cheese on the top, and a delicious broth filled with a plethora of onions. Our mussel entre was flavorful, although these mussels were small. I would have liked additional bread to sop up some of the creamy broth. Two friends had chicken which they described as tender wonderfully seasoned. Dessert choices were a thumbs up. Wine offerings were varied . Want to go back and enjoy some other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Lunch with Lake ViewNealDined on 8/27/2014This is a perfect place for an upscale lunch with your partner or your best clients. Five minute drive from the busy downtown area, this is an oasis with a spectacular view of Lake Michigan. Self parking within 100 feet of the front door. Made my reservation through OpenTable, requested a window table for four, and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Our group had a cross section of the menu (fish, chicken, steak), and it was all superb. Best with groups of 4 to 6 (larger groups don't get the views).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed1223VIPDined on 8/26/2014Always great food and service. We have been there many times and will return again.
- Such a lovely spotbirthdayDined on 8/26/2014Nice birthday celebration at the beautiful Lake Park Bistro - a treasure in the neighborhood. Always a treat.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!TulsaTravelerDined on 8/24/2014We are not "brunch" people but had out of town guests and wanted to go somewhere special with a view. It's a pricey brunch at $38 per person but it includes an appetizer, main and dessert and either a glass of champagne/mimosa or orange juice. Coffee or a second glass of champagne is extra. The food was delicious. Definitely a go to place for a special occasion. Very professional servers and a great view of Lake Michigan if you are by the windows.Special Features:
- Such a great start - Too BadSchmickSchmackDined on 8/23/2014Not being able to Eat our Entries at the same time is a Complete Fail No excuse for this - both of our entries came out at the same time but my Lamb was served cold on a cold plate. Also we don't recommend the Loup en Papillote - it sounded great however it was an extremely small strip of Sea Bass with too many potatoes and the shrimps seamed to have a taste as if they were frozen. The Foie Gras and cheese plate were wonderful! Such a great start - Too Bad. Servers were great except no accommodations offered for having to redo the lamb - too bad as well.
- Savor each bitekjhcVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Oeuf Mollet avec Champignons salad is heavenly! I think about it sometimes and stop in my tracks. Literally. It's heavenly. The wine list is great with logical prices (more expensive than wholesale but not 3x the amount). Lake Park Bistro has a great tea selection, lovely desserts, and delicious food. I love sitting by the window in any season and taking in the view with my husband and a great meal with tasty wine. Thank you, Lake Park Bistro!Special Features:
- Greatly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014When the reservation was made I specified that it was an anniversary dinner. So I didn't expect a reserved table to be a little two seat square behind the hostess podium. Yes, I did expect a reserved table to be in the lake room. So what do I think of your restaurant? You have a dainty little curtain at the window by the two seat square behind the hostess podium. That's about all I can say since my husband and I decided not to stay.
- Lovely!CarlsonDined on 8/23/2014Lake Park Bistro never grows old. No matter the occasion, it feels special. The food is fabulous and service is great! The views of Lake Michigan are outstanding.Special Features:
- perfect eveningnlcgacDined on 8/23/2014Our whole experience at this restaurant was outstanding. Our filet mignon was delicious and a great place for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisy nightDinnerb4stonesconcertVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service by the Bartolotta team were great as usual. It was the 6 rowdy drunks at the next table that made the evening challenging.Special Features:
- stewieDined on 8/20/2014we are regular customers & we love the french onion soup. Our last visit wasn't very good. I had contacted the manager when we got home but was told they would let the cook know about this. Also I think we were overcharged. We had the same two items on the menu less than three weeks ago & there was a ten dollar over charge. I did question the server but she said it was a correct bill. I have my receipt from the first visit but our server never gave our recent receipt back to us. This was our first disappointment so we will return. We receive gift cards every year so we hope to have better luck next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsJakeDined on 8/15/2014Nice setting. Food was outstanding. Service generally very good. Very noisy. Also tables were so close together that we had to lean over to let servers pass with food.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & ambiancejleeDined on 8/15/2014Lake Park Bistro is one of our very favorite special occasion destinations. We live over an hour away, but it is always worth the trip. Food is consistently excellent and service to match (without being snooty). Tastefully restored park building overlooking Lake Michigan makes this location exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food5IMPVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our party had the opportunity to dine at another well known place for brunch on Sunday. We were celebrating a first anniversary. On Friday, we ate lunch at Lake Park Bistro to celebrate a birthday. While both places had great ambience, the service was definitely better at Lake Park, and the food was outstanding. Celebrations are done right at Lake Park Bistro.Special Features:
- 2toeatDined on 8/10/2014Lake Park Bistro has the most elegant Sunday Brunch in Milwaukee that's coupled with a great Lake Michigan view. It's can't be beat!!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Definitely would not pass this place up. Great dinner spot with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunch celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious. Amazing service. Wonderful view. Perfect for a celebratory lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDDS509Dined on 8/5/2014We have eaten there many times over the years and have always felt the Restraunt was 5+ stars, but on this occasion for dinner the main dinning room seemed over booked. The noise level prevented reasonable conversation. The room was absolutly packed. Our dinners were very slow in coming and our servers apologized repeatedly. Two of the dinners lamb chops ( tough and sinewy) and sea bass ( very small and tasteless). We will definitely go again and hopefully will come away happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulwurzigDined on 8/4/2014we have celebrated an anniversary at lake park bistro every year for the past ten years (since we discovered lake park bistro). the food, the venue are extraordinary - the service is even better. great people, great venue, delicious food.Special Features:
- Food with a Viewtreat4sensesDined on 8/2/2014We had an early seating at a window table on a gorgeous summer day. The menu was interesting and the food was impeccable. Tried the Halibut Ceeks from the tasting menu and they were wonderful. Light but rich.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The service and food here never disappoint. Service was prompt and attentive, food was perfect, wine selection was great and the ambience and view are very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.