Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakeparkbistro.com/
- Phone: 4149626300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Rooms overlook Lake Michigan; Catering Director will assist with customizing parties for corporate, social or wedding events with floral decorations, personalized menus & cakes.
- Private Party Contact: Libby Clow 4149626750
A word from Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro is located in an historic renovated park pavilion that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The Parisian-style bistro serves authentic rustic French cuisine and is regularly voted Milwaukee's most romantic restaurant. The kitchen is led by Chef Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2008. The stellar food, gorgeous views and unparalleled service make Lake Park Bistro a most desirable destination for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch as well as an ideal location for corporate and social events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)scenic view (230)romantic (187)fit for foodies (157)notable wine list (113)great for brunch (81)neighborhood gem (57)great for lunch (55)good for groups (37)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Elegance on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went to brunch at Lake Park Bistro and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our two waiters were attentive and personable and the food was delicious. We could easily have made a meal on the delicious, flaky croissants and the brie that came with the appetizer. Our entrees -- eggs benedict and vegetarian omelet -- were very tasty and beautifully presented. I would certainly recommend Lake Park Bistro to anyone wanting to eat a memorable meal and experience the lovely setting. Our waiter Casey was particularly pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Hope You Can Hear ThisTJRadDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and hate the super high sound level. Far too noisy to make it a fine experience. Too bad. The noise level could be cut by a third and there would be more than enough energy.Special Features:
- FoodieFirstTimeDined on 8/30/2014Food was Ok, small portions very expensive for what you got. Good service, nice wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014food tasted like college cafeteria…onion soup had no taste - like onions cooked in water for a few minutes & if the cheese is thick enough, it's authentic! Special veal dish had that greasy film as if it had come from a cafeteria hot stand, fish was way too saltySpecial Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The entrance to Lake Park Bistro is very welcoming, and set the scene for the dining experience. We were welcomed by the hostess, seated in the Lake Room at our request, and had a lovely view of the sailboats on the lake. We all decided to order the three item prix fix menu. My colleague and I had the baked French onion soup which had lovely cheese on the top, and a delicious broth filled with a plethora of onions. Our mussel entre was flavorful, although these mussels were small. I would have liked additional bread to sop up some of the creamy broth. Two friends had chicken which they described as tender wonderfully seasoned. Dessert choices were a thumbs up. Wine offerings were varied . Want to go back and enjoy some other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Lunch with Lake ViewNealDined on 8/27/2014This is a perfect place for an upscale lunch with your partner or your best clients. Five minute drive from the busy downtown area, this is an oasis with a spectacular view of Lake Michigan. Self parking within 100 feet of the front door. Made my reservation through OpenTable, requested a window table for four, and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Our group had a cross section of the menu (fish, chicken, steak), and it was all superb. Best with groups of 4 to 6 (larger groups don't get the views).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed1223VIPDined on 8/26/2014Always great food and service. We have been there many times and will return again.
- Such a lovely spotbirthdayDined on 8/26/2014Nice birthday celebration at the beautiful Lake Park Bistro - a treasure in the neighborhood. Always a treat.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!TulsaTravelerDined on 8/24/2014We are not "brunch" people but had out of town guests and wanted to go somewhere special with a view. It's a pricey brunch at $38 per person but it includes an appetizer, main and dessert and either a glass of champagne/mimosa or orange juice. Coffee or a second glass of champagne is extra. The food was delicious. Definitely a go to place for a special occasion. Very professional servers and a great view of Lake Michigan if you are by the windows.Special Features:
- Such a great start - Too BadSchmickSchmackDined on 8/23/2014Not being able to Eat our Entries at the same time is a Complete Fail No excuse for this - both of our entries came out at the same time but my Lamb was served cold on a cold plate. Also we don't recommend the Loup en Papillote - it sounded great however it was an extremely small strip of Sea Bass with too many potatoes and the shrimps seamed to have a taste as if they were frozen. The Foie Gras and cheese plate were wonderful! Such a great start - Too Bad. Servers were great except no accommodations offered for having to redo the lamb - too bad as well.
- Savor each bitekjhcVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Oeuf Mollet avec Champignons salad is heavenly! I think about it sometimes and stop in my tracks. Literally. It's heavenly. The wine list is great with logical prices (more expensive than wholesale but not 3x the amount). Lake Park Bistro has a great tea selection, lovely desserts, and delicious food. I love sitting by the window in any season and taking in the view with my husband and a great meal with tasty wine. Thank you, Lake Park Bistro!Special Features:
- Greatly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014When the reservation was made I specified that it was an anniversary dinner. So I didn't expect a reserved table to be a little two seat square behind the hostess podium. Yes, I did expect a reserved table to be in the lake room. So what do I think of your restaurant? You have a dainty little curtain at the window by the two seat square behind the hostess podium. That's about all I can say since my husband and I decided not to stay.
- Lovely!CarlsonDined on 8/23/2014Lake Park Bistro never grows old. No matter the occasion, it feels special. The food is fabulous and service is great! The views of Lake Michigan are outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice but noisy nightDinnerb4stonesconcertVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service by the Bartolotta team were great as usual. It was the 6 rowdy drunks at the next table that made the evening challenging.Special Features:
- stewieDined on 8/20/2014we are regular customers & we love the french onion soup. Our last visit wasn't very good. I had contacted the manager when we got home but was told they would let the cook know about this. Also I think we were overcharged. We had the same two items on the menu less than three weeks ago & there was a ten dollar over charge. I did question the server but she said it was a correct bill. I have my receipt from the first visit but our server never gave our recent receipt back to us. This was our first disappointment so we will return. We receive gift cards every year so we hope to have better luck next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsJakeDined on 8/15/2014Nice setting. Food was outstanding. Service generally very good. Very noisy. Also tables were so close together that we had to lean over to let servers pass with food.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & ambiancejleeDined on 8/15/2014Lake Park Bistro is one of our very favorite special occasion destinations. We live over an hour away, but it is always worth the trip. Food is consistently excellent and service to match (without being snooty). Tastefully restored park building overlooking Lake Michigan makes this location exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food5IMPVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our party had the opportunity to dine at another well known place for brunch on Sunday. We were celebrating a first anniversary. On Friday, we ate lunch at Lake Park Bistro to celebrate a birthday. While both places had great ambience, the service was definitely better at Lake Park, and the food was outstanding. Celebrations are done right at Lake Park Bistro.Special Features:
- 2toeatDined on 8/10/2014Lake Park Bistro has the most elegant Sunday Brunch in Milwaukee that's coupled with a great Lake Michigan view. It's can't be beat!!Special Features:
- Fantastic food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Definitely would not pass this place up. Great dinner spot with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunch celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Delicious. Amazing service. Wonderful view. Perfect for a celebratory lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDDS509Dined on 8/5/2014We have eaten there many times over the years and have always felt the Restraunt was 5+ stars, but on this occasion for dinner the main dinning room seemed over booked. The noise level prevented reasonable conversation. The room was absolutly packed. Our dinners were very slow in coming and our servers apologized repeatedly. Two of the dinners lamb chops ( tough and sinewy) and sea bass ( very small and tasteless). We will definitely go again and hopefully will come away happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulwurzigDined on 8/4/2014we have celebrated an anniversary at lake park bistro every year for the past ten years (since we discovered lake park bistro). the food, the venue are extraordinary - the service is even better. great people, great venue, delicious food.Special Features:
- Food with a Viewtreat4sensesDined on 8/2/2014We had an early seating at a window table on a gorgeous summer day. The menu was interesting and the food was impeccable. Tried the Halibut Ceeks from the tasting menu and they were wonderful. Light but rich.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The service and food here never disappoint. Service was prompt and attentive, food was perfect, wine selection was great and the ambience and view are very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding as usualSeaNsandDined on 7/27/2014Had dinner at LPB for our 17th wedding anniversary. By chance we were offered a window table which was wonderful. As usual the staff was very knowledgeable, polite and chatty. Dinner & dessert were second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book Club BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Lake Park Bistro was perfect as always...lovely surroundings, delicious food, and excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favortie Brunch in MilwaukeeBartolottaFanVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great brunch selection (which rotates just often enough) and beautiful view of Lake Michigan topped off with a glass of champagne - can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. Food and service was great. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodFoodieLadyDined on 7/26/2014Lake Park Bistro lived up to its reputation. Took friends from out of town and we all enjoyed the meal and the service. Server was able to recommend a nice bottle of wine that was moderately priced and complemented our meals. Only negative is that the noise level is way too loud, making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Anniverary DinnermangiamoDined on 7/26/2014We have spent our anniversary evening at Lake Park on six occasions. This past Saturday we enjoyed another great dining experience. Excellent food, excellent service, a romantic setting. Simply one of our most favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 7/26/2014Foood was fantastic, and a great place to catch up with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulAndyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Charcuterie was perhaps the highlight of this visit, not that the scallops and bistro steak and fillet weren't great, oh and the chocolate mousse with sorbet, all spectacular. Just the pork pate and duck liver mousse appetizer made us linger and literally mopped the plate clean with our toast points and baguette slices. Only bad thing was a private wedding dinner took over the lake view room , so the main dining room was packed and hustling and the parking was a nightmare.Special Features:
- Great to OKClevelandFoodieDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time at Lake Park Bistro. Our first experience at LPB was memorable - in part due to our waiter, Matt Gerber, who made it a special experience. This visit was also enjoyable, with a few notable exceptions. It would have been nice to know that there was a huge rehearsal dinner that evening so we may have planned accordingly. Our waitstaff was very good; attentive but not overbearing. The Oeuf Mollet avec Champignons salad and Laitue salad were excellent. The Fillet Mignon au Poivre was a very small portion and improperly cooked. The Canard Deau Facon was excellent, with tender lentils and crisp skin. Dessert off the Chef's menu -- good but not what the menu described - whipped cream vs ewe's milk cheese, no honeySpecial Features:
- Ok, not greatMadisonDined on 7/24/2014We had been told about this restaurant by several people so we were excited to go there. On the surface it is a nice restaurant; great views with French cuisine and good wine. However,there are just a few details that weren't quite right. They are more of an upscale family friendly restaurant so don't be surprised if you have loud kids running around. Also, the waiter tried to give off the French waiter vibe but when I asked him some questions he was not knowledgeable at all. Food was OK, not great, and came out cold. My husband ordered a hangar steak and the plate came out with an overwhelming heap of fries. So if your primary purpose is the nice view and good wine, great. If you want a nice quiet romantic dinner, this is not the placeSpecial Features:
- starving6Dined on 7/23/2014The ambiance was fantastic. It was bustling and there was a great deal of activity with every table appearing to truly enjoy the experience. Although the menu offered the best choices for foodies and conniseurs, there was nothing stuffy about the approach to a great meal. The service was friendly and helpful without being aloof. The waitstaff was excited about the great choices and appeared happy to serve you. They were knowledgeable and had great recommendations. The attire was everything from very casual to very dressy with any style appearing very comfortable in the atmosphere; the common thread: every customer loves a great meal. The French onion soup was delicious and every plate was delicieux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Paris?diningoutDined on 7/21/2014We just spent a month in the City of Lights. We were anxious to see how Lake Park Bistro stacked up with some of our better dinners in Paris. We were both totally impressed with the entire experience. The food selections nodded toward the French, the service was just as professional, the wines were all French and the view from the bluff over Lake Michigan excels. We have been to Lake Park Bistro many times and never stay in Milwaukee without a visit. Merci!Special Features:
- Aj2603Dined on 7/20/2014Lake park bistro is one our favorite places for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Seriously Awesome!CalamustardVIPDined on 7/20/2014We return here over the years for special family occasions, birthdays to anniversaries. Sunday prix-fixe brunch offered a small, nicely grouped selection of appetizers, main courses, and desserts. As always, food is delicious! Beautiful presentation, freshest ingredients. Moderate portions appreciated. Hangar steak cooked to perfection, delicious side sauce. In addition to fine food, the wait staff is serious, friendly, sincere, articulate and graceful, never intrusive, always effective in providing a memorable experience. We invite the chef to offer the life-long vegetarians among us more and better main-course options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysFrequentDinerDined on 7/19/2014I have been to Lake Park Bistro over the years many times. The service and food is always excellent. Ambience is also excellent, especially if you ask for a table near the window. The sound level is somewhat high, so if you are looking for "quiet and intimate", go somewhere else. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: