Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakeparkbistro.com/
- Phone: 4149626300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lake Park Bistro's private rooms overlook Lake Michigan; Catering Director will assist with customizing parties for corporate, social or wedding events with floral decorations, personalized menus & cakes.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Sleiter 4149626300x
A word from Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro is located in an historic renovated park pavilion that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The Parisian-style bistro serves authentic rustic French cuisine and is regularly voted Milwaukee's most romantic restaurant. The kitchen is led by Chef Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2008. The stellar food, gorgeous views and unparalleled service make Lake Park Bistro a most desirable destination for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch as well as an ideal location for corporate and social events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (218)scenic view (215)romantic (170)fit for foodies (152)notable wine list (102)great for brunch (67)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (51)good for groups (33)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Not only was the food exceptional, but they made us feel so special as we celebrated our anniversary. The card on the table and the glasses of champagne made us feel that they were truly glad to have us celebrating our special day with them. Will continue to go there for every anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- dodcnmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a window seat on a beautiful fall evening…..it was perfect... I had the Alaskan Halibut…we had the escargot and everything about Lake Park Bistro was fabulousSpecial Features:
- A Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014In celebration of my birthday, I was treated to dinner by my family at Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro. I have chosen this restaurant to treat my husband on special occasions such as his birthday and Father's Day. To date, we have not been disappointed with our meals. My birthday celebration was so special. Our meals were absolutely delicious! The wait staff was very attentive. The ambience was wonderful. I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to others who are seeking a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- tough hanger steakchewyDined on 9/24/2014The flavor of the hanger steak was marvelous but it was very chewy. I had the steak before and never had a problem. No we did not send the steaks back (3) with the same problem . We did ask for a tooth pick, that should have been a hint. I love the Bistro, just hope the quality of meat improves.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014Every time we go to Lake Park Bistro we are amazed at the quality of the food. This latest time surpassed the others when the Filet Mignon with the brandy/cream/peppercorn sauce was the best steak I have ever had. I thought about it for days and still am. This has the best food of all the Bartolotta restaurants and all of them are great.Special Features:
- Mary HRufusDined on 9/23/2014Great dinner had by all. I think it's the best restaurant in Milwaukee!Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014This was the second time we went to Lake Park Bistro for our anniversary. The food is always top notch. Scenic view of Lake Michigan and in a upscale dining room.Special Features:
- PickyfoodiePickyfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Our evening overall was good. We were seated right away, even though we were early for our reservation. Our servers were very pleasant and knew the menu well. I had to read the menu to my husband as the room was so dark it was very hard to read. As an app I had the sea scallops, it was amazing. Then I had the Oeuf Mollet avac Champignons, It was fantastic! As a main dish I had the Dover Sole, I was not impressed. It is filleted at the table (as it should be) But mine had a lot of bones. also it was slightly over cooked, so it was rubbery. I ended my meal with the Creme Brûlée. Which was wonderful. Over all it was good but we won't be back, as I prefer other Bartolotta's restaurants.Special Features:
- Racinevisitor14Dined on 9/20/2014Overall this visit to Lake Park Bistro was good. We won't do another Sat night. Way too noisy - simply could not carry on conversations. We'll stick with brunch in the future where it is a little more subdued even though it can be busy for those too. The lamb was awesome but one of the salmon entrees at our table was undercooked. Wine (cabernet) was great but $15 a glass is not justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Park Bistro--Superb!MojojohnnyDined on 9/20/2014We chose Lake Park Bistro based on Trip Advisor ratings. We weren't disappointed. This restaurant is pricey (though not the highest in town!) but worth every penny, in my opinion. Three of us dined, all had filet, and all loved it. The endive/Granny Smith/Roquefort salad was great, as were the garlic mashed potatoes on the side. Vegetable on the plate was sugar snap peas and they were done right--wish the chef had put two or three times as many of them on the plate (hey, they're good for you & won't hurt the profit margin much, buddy!). The wine list was very good, desserts OK though not as good as the appetizers & entrees. I assume they have a reserve list but we didn't ask for it. Service was top notch. Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- OutstandingHummbuggerDined on 9/19/2014Intiment setting, spectacular view out over the water, outstanding service, spectacular menu choices. Fine dining at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLakeParkLoverDined on 9/18/2014Fabuloous view. Outstanding service and interesting menu choices. Limited vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvstoeatVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was excellent, as was the French onion soup (best I've had). But the croque Monsieur was not what I expected - it was just a grilled ham and cheese.Special Features:
- Simply the bestljkpDined on 9/15/2014My sister lives out of state, and whenever she visits she insists on lunch at Lake Park Bistro. The food is fabulous, service is spot on, and the view is lovely. We have never been disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSuzieandMikeDined on 9/14/2014Our dinner date was excellent. The food was a real treat and the service was impeccable. The timing of our meal from the appetizer's through dessert was spot on. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall v good but could be betterJerryj2VIPDined on 9/14/2014LPB is always a special treat - great view of Lake Michigan from the dining room attentive service and usually a good meal too. My only gripe is if you are dropping two bills plus for a dinner for two - it should be outstanding! Our entrees were good - one of us had the french onion (slightly soupier than normal) steak frites and the other the heirloom tomato dinner feature that included a salad that was excellent, a tart that was good and a steak. Steaks on both our entrees were good but not great. The next night I ate at Zarletti a down town restaurant comparably priced and the flavor and tenderness of their bone-in rib-eye special knocked it out of the park. I realize the difference in cuts but it was a notable difference.Special Features:
- Awesome brunchMFallsBeauDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary at a window table for two with an awesome brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone knows that the food here will be terrific, and it was. But the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific MealWisphilDined on 9/13/2014An outstanding meal! Bone-in Ribeye and fillets were exceptional. Tender with great flavor.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We celebrated the birthday of one of our French friends at the Lake Park Bistro. We had a wonderful evening with excellent food and wine. We are always very impressed with evenings at this very special restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerreddens1Dined on 9/12/2014Reserveds a table ahead of time and was not disapppointed....We had a nice table that overlooked the lake, until the sun set. The food tasted good, but pricey (as expected). The portions were on the small side, but we left feeling full. We appreciated the nice service. The "happy Anniversary" note on our table and complimentary glasses of champagne were a great touch. The noise level was high, some people may not enjoy the atmosphere, but it did not bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu a bit limited.NewcomerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I wish they would have a few more offerings on the menu. It is a bit limited. Our service was exceptional and the noise level was better this time than the two times previously. When we have friends/relatives that come into town we often take them the LPB because of the view. I was a little disappointed because we arrived early for our reservation and there were several tables next to the window but we were seated farther back into the room. Since you can't reserve these tables I don't know why they didn't seat us at one as they always tell us it is "first come first serve" for these tables.Special Features:
- Great Good FoodjbirdnyDined on 9/11/2014I picked up my Mom from the MKE airport as she flew in from CA. This was just 25 minutes drive north and a lovely spot with a view. Even the tables not at the window afford a view. The service was gracious and efficient.Special Features:
- KateDined on 9/7/2014As always food and service were very good for the most part.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014There's no messing around with this place. Just phenomenal in every way. Always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance on SundayenglishloverDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I went to brunch at Lake Park Bistro and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our two waiters were attentive and personable and the food was delicious. We could easily have made a meal on the delicious, flaky croissants and the brie that came with the appetizer. Our entrees -- eggs benedict and vegetarian omelet -- were very tasty and beautifully presented. I would certainly recommend Lake Park Bistro to anyone wanting to eat a memorable meal and experience the lovely setting. Our waiter Casey was particularly pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Hope You Can Hear ThisTJRadDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and hate the super high sound level. Far too noisy to make it a fine experience. Too bad. The noise level could be cut by a third and there would be more than enough energy.Special Features:
- FoodieFirstTimeDined on 8/30/2014Food was Ok, small portions very expensive for what you got. Good service, nice wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014food tasted like college cafeteria…onion soup had no taste - like onions cooked in water for a few minutes & if the cheese is thick enough, it's authentic! Special veal dish had that greasy film as if it had come from a cafeteria hot stand, fish was way too saltySpecial Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The entrance to Lake Park Bistro is very welcoming, and set the scene for the dining experience. We were welcomed by the hostess, seated in the Lake Room at our request, and had a lovely view of the sailboats on the lake. We all decided to order the three item prix fix menu. My colleague and I had the baked French onion soup which had lovely cheese on the top, and a delicious broth filled with a plethora of onions. Our mussel entre was flavorful, although these mussels were small. I would have liked additional bread to sop up some of the creamy broth. Two friends had chicken which they described as tender wonderfully seasoned. Dessert choices were a thumbs up. Wine offerings were varied . Want to go back and enjoy some other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Lunch with Lake ViewNealDined on 8/27/2014This is a perfect place for an upscale lunch with your partner or your best clients. Five minute drive from the busy downtown area, this is an oasis with a spectacular view of Lake Michigan. Self parking within 100 feet of the front door. Made my reservation through OpenTable, requested a window table for four, and it was waiting for us when we arrived. Our group had a cross section of the menu (fish, chicken, steak), and it was all superb. Best with groups of 4 to 6 (larger groups don't get the views).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ed1223VIPDined on 8/26/2014Always great food and service. We have been there many times and will return again.
- Such a lovely spotbirthdayDined on 8/26/2014Nice birthday celebration at the beautiful Lake Park Bistro - a treasure in the neighborhood. Always a treat.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!TulsaTravelerDined on 8/24/2014We are not "brunch" people but had out of town guests and wanted to go somewhere special with a view. It's a pricey brunch at $38 per person but it includes an appetizer, main and dessert and either a glass of champagne/mimosa or orange juice. Coffee or a second glass of champagne is extra. The food was delicious. Definitely a go to place for a special occasion. Very professional servers and a great view of Lake Michigan if you are by the windows.Special Features:
- Such a great start - Too BadSchmickSchmackDined on 8/23/2014Not being able to Eat our Entries at the same time is a Complete Fail No excuse for this - both of our entries came out at the same time but my Lamb was served cold on a cold plate. Also we don't recommend the Loup en Papillote - it sounded great however it was an extremely small strip of Sea Bass with too many potatoes and the shrimps seamed to have a taste as if they were frozen. The Foie Gras and cheese plate were wonderful! Such a great start - Too Bad. Servers were great except no accommodations offered for having to redo the lamb - too bad as well.
- Savor each bitekjhcVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Oeuf Mollet avec Champignons salad is heavenly! I think about it sometimes and stop in my tracks. Literally. It's heavenly. The wine list is great with logical prices (more expensive than wholesale but not 3x the amount). Lake Park Bistro has a great tea selection, lovely desserts, and delicious food. I love sitting by the window in any season and taking in the view with my husband and a great meal with tasty wine. Thank you, Lake Park Bistro!Special Features:
- Greatly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014When the reservation was made I specified that it was an anniversary dinner. So I didn't expect a reserved table to be a little two seat square behind the hostess podium. Yes, I did expect a reserved table to be in the lake room. So what do I think of your restaurant? You have a dainty little curtain at the window by the two seat square behind the hostess podium. That's about all I can say since my husband and I decided not to stay.
- Lovely!CarlsonDined on 8/23/2014Lake Park Bistro never grows old. No matter the occasion, it feels special. The food is fabulous and service is great! The views of Lake Michigan are outstanding.Special Features:
- perfect eveningnlcgacDined on 8/23/2014Our whole experience at this restaurant was outstanding. Our filet mignon was delicious and a great place for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisy nightDinnerb4stonesconcertVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service by the Bartolotta team were great as usual. It was the 6 rowdy drunks at the next table that made the evening challenging.Special Features: