Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakeparkbistro.com/
- Phone: (414) 962-6300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lake Park Bistro's private rooms overlook Lake Michigan; Catering Director will assist with customizing parties for corporate, social or wedding events with floral decorations, personalized menus & cakes.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Sleiter 4149626300x
A word from Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro is located in an historic renovated park pavilion that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The Parisian-style bistro serves authentic rustic French cuisine and is regularly voted Milwaukee's most romantic restaurant. The kitchen is led by Chef Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2008. The stellar food, gorgeous views and unparalleled service make Lake Park Bistro a most desirable destination for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch as well as an ideal location for corporate and social events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)scenic view (173)fit for foodies (144)romantic (138)notable wine list (85)great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (47)great for lunch (45)good for groups (35)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014wonderful atmosphere, outstanding food, careful details to dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This experience will be hard to top.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food was prepared to perfection. The service was attentive. Every whim was granted. This was a WOW event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night out in a reliable restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Went out for a romantic dinner for my wedding anniversary and all went well. I had just returned from Las Vegas and had eaten at several celebrity chef restaurants. Food and service at Lake Park Bistro were comparable in every way. I had the duck with mushrooms and lentils and my wife had the rainbow trout. Both were excellent. Cheese board and mussels were exactly what you would expect. Food here is not particularly challenging in terms of strange combinations or fusions and that is fine. This is high quality classically prepared food and I appreciate that. Service was attentive and knowledgeable but not over attentive. There was after a bit of delay to engage after seating but after that all went well. The only complaint I have is that in cooler months the window seats are uncomfortable due to the base board heating. Every ten to fifteen you will be roasted by the heater. At first we were excited to get a window seat with the view but it was a mixed blessing to say the least. If is is cold outside, request a table away from the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Great food. Great service. Great ambiance. Never disappoints. And now they serve Rocket Baby bread with dinner. The best bread in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skl555Dined on 11/21/2014took a long time after ordering for the food to arrive - about an hour which is rather long for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMrcrichDined on 11/16/2014Very nice place. The food was very good. Waiters were friendly and informative. They made the experience a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special eventmdfangDined on 11/15/2014The food was outstanding. The waiter was patient as well as well informed about the food. I had a problem with the French Onion soup and he graciously sent it back without any hassle. The restaurant is right by the lake so during the day, the view is fantastic. The beverage person keep my coffee cup full at all times. My group each bought an appetizer that we shared. I would recommend the Sea Scallops. My friend has the Mushroom soup and absolutely loved it. I tried the Lamb t-bones. Good but too strong of flavor for me. The Ribeye was good. The best meal was the special for the day, beef ribs. They were so tender and flavorful. I tried the Chocolate cake dessert. A little too expensive for a small disk of chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014This restaurant is very noisy. Do not attempt more than 4 at a table if you want to hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014As always, an excellent experience! Server helped pick out a terrific bottle of wine, the food was amazing and the ambiance was perfect for an anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- mamamia699mamamia699Dined on 11/7/2014Not ONE bad thing to say...ALWAYS EXCELLENT!!! The Food, The Service...You guys consistently do a Excellent Job on all levels!!!Special Features:
- GoodJQqiaoqiaoDined on 11/7/2014Ambiance is really good. The food is fine. Service is good. Hey, could u plz dout ask me write at least 50 characters leghth?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceYoTengoHambreDined on 11/6/2014Disappointing service while dining at the bar. Not a busy night, 3 bartenders on duty. Had to repeat drinks order 2 to 3 times before beverage appeared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfanfoodfanDined on 11/3/2014The setting was beautiful. The service was top shelf. The food was outstanding. It was a great place to take a long time friend for a fun lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLisaraeVIPDined on 11/3/2014Wonderful food, delightful service, always great! If you're having lunch, request a window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!GlendalfVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have dined here multiple times. It is our go to restaurant when in Milwaukee and it is just fabulous. The view is great, food is great, the neighborhood is lovely and service is impeccable. Freshness and quality of the food is amazing. Cannot say enough good things. I recommend this restaurant highly. I really enjoy the Bartolotta restaurant group. Every city should have this type of restaurant group.Special Features:
- LPB is backMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 10/31/2014A bit disappointed last time, but wonderful on All Hallow's Eve. Guigal wine, trout, goat cheese salad and an apple dessert with excellent service anf great ambience.Special Features:
- early dinnertwinklrinklDined on 10/30/2014We met early to avoid extra noise, worked out great, staff very attentive, food was delicious.Special Features:
- Decent food - cute restaurantNew2mkeeDined on 10/28/2014I really would have given this restaurant 3.5 stars but there is no option for half stars - and 3 stars it too low. The gnocchi we ordered was so salty I could not eat it. They also over salted the fries that went with the mussels too. The mussels were decent not great. My favorite dishes that night were the salad with butter lettuce and the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Long service.FoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014We had brunch at Lake Park Bistro on Sunday. The food was very good, however the service, while attentive, was very slow. Nearly two hours for a three course brunch. The waits between courses was extremely long.Special Features:
- We can only say "Fantastic"MilwaukeeDanDined on 10/26/2014We return again and again for special occasions to Lake Park. It is legendary among our friends. What a special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentgreatfoodfanVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food and mood are excellent. Watched a marriage proposal at the next table, added to the evening. Had fixed price menu and was very happy with wine matchingsSpecial Features:
- One of Our Favoritesdesin4uDined on 10/24/2014The food, service and ambiance are consistently top-notch. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!RNmomDined on 10/23/2014I took my college daughter for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Was glad to expose her to quiet simple elegance and exceptional food and service. I will certainly go again and this will be my choice for special occassions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2014Lake Park Bistro never dissapoints. Wonderful food from the fresh bread, salads and main courses. We had the lamb, duck and chicken and each dish was wonderful as well as the sides; potatoes, mushrooms and veggies. The table was a little dark and the waiter was not the best, but adequate, but the service could be a bit better to really make this "perfect" dining.Special Features:
- a must gogbballer13Dined on 10/20/2014Great time. Perfect for a special occasion. Staff is extremely helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French Bistro FoodBikemore5Dined on 10/18/2014A joyful place to dine! Always outstanding. Food is prepared superbly and the service is prompt and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudithDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was outstanding - friendly, knowledgable and efficient without hovering! Food was delicious(I had salmon and beet salad - loved both). The view of the lake and the fall color was great.Special Features:
- Better than ParisRichNYCDined on 10/12/2014Having been disappointed time and again in Paris (but not elsewhere in France), it was refreshing to eat the real thing in Milwaukee during our annual visit from NYC. Best onion soup anywhere. Ou need not select a pricy wine to enjoy a well chosen half bottle with excellent flavor.Special Features:
- Simple, Delicious French FoodMamaBeetleDined on 10/12/2014This was my husband's and my third visit to Lake Park Bistro. We're from the Chicago area and don't get to Milwaukee often, so we weren't sure if this visit would be as good as our first two. We were once again wowed! I started with a special salad that was one of the best I've ever had: warm roasted butternut, arugula, tender pieces of roast duck, all dressed in a whole grain mustard/duck confit-based vinaigrette. The salmon I had came perfectly prepared: medium-rare with a crust on the outside with a moist interior. My husband who is very hard to please had the roast chicken and loved it. He finished his meal with a glass of port, while I grudgingly shared a couple of bites of my chocolate mousse and raspberry sorbet with him. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Haughty StaffcoolerbythelakeDined on 10/11/2014We had a pleasant dinner, but I can't say our dining experience was outstanding as I normally would. We were served PEI muscles which were tiny and tough. We understand what the size and consistency of muscles should be from experience, and PEI muscles on websites are described as meaty. When we mentioned it to our waiter, he said they could be small this time of year. He sent over a haughty manager with a french accent who did not introduce himself, did not ask how our food was and proceeded to lecture us on the fact that muscles are always this size. He has definitely not gone to the Ritz Carlton school of customer service. What could we say? We simply thanked him for "educating" us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousLemonadeDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten at Lake Park Bistro many times and never had a bad meal or bad service. Great record, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbcuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The specialty beers at the bar were wonderful. My wife had the Lindemans Framboise and talked about it several times during our evening. This was a special dinner for her birthday. Beet & pear salad was a real taste treat. Chef's divided it onto two plates so we could each have some. Our individual entre meals were exquisitely prepared and absolutely delicious. Everything was perfect right down to the fine sorbet for desert. Wait staff was top notch, attentive, friendly, and pleasant. All around perfect evening.Special Features:
- Red SnappersuggestionsDined on 10/8/2014I took an old friend of my parents for her 82nd birthday lunch at LPB. table by the window and was so nice. Everything so beautiful. Greg was our server and he was super, great attitude very helpful. My friend had the lovely squash soup and a delightful salad. I ordered the $27 Red Snapper and was shocked to see how small the piece was, as though it was the last snipit of tail end of the fish. Just bigger than a business card. It was cooked beautifully but a tad fishy. Great sauce and the brussel sprouts were the best ever. The complementary flourless chocolate cake was devine. Thank you so much, it was appreciated. I would never complain in this situation but I was dissapointed. Last time I had the Red Snapper it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/disappointing serviceout2eatDined on 10/4/2014Our 2nd time to LP Bistro for our 10yr anniversary. Evening started on a dubious note as once seated we waited almost 20 minutes for our server to take our drink order or be acknowledged. Some kind of mix-up I'm sure. I guess you could say, that we felt invisible to the service. The server was nice enough....but even after the initial wait our drink order took at least another 10 minutes I would say. Our 1st and only other LP Bistro experience was much, much better and friendlier. So, I think if we should visit again....we may intentionally pick a different night and see how that goes. Food was good enough, just goes to show you how both food and service combined make it memorable or not!Special Features:
- Great MealjimwachhDined on 10/4/2014They did a great job with our reservation. We requested 7 PM with a window table and we were seated right at 7 at a window table with a beautiful view. Our waiter, Chris was very prompt and professional pacing our meal beautifully. Our meals were delicious, one little glitch was my wife was served cold mashed potatoes. Chris took care of it immediately when she let him know! All in all a great night out!Special Features:
- bfarrDined on 10/4/2014steak with sauce was done just right , full of flavor. The sea bass , shrimp, and mussels, en papiotte was without flavor and over cooked, I should have known better but thought the restaurant would deliver like usual. Everything else was what I expect when I dine there.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantDeliciousdishDined on 10/3/2014Everything was wonderful but the acoustics in the lake room made conversation difficult. It was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to reputation.SansCesseDined on 9/29/20143 of the 4 of us ordered hamburgers. All of us wanted the meat medium. None of us got it. Since we were pressed for time we didn't mention it.
- Most accommodating! !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014This was our 25th anniversary dinner with our family, dinner was appetizers through dessert and everything was delicious. I had the steak tartar for an appetizer, it was awesome. I had fish wife and daughters had steak son in law had the duck everything was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Not only was the food exceptional, but they made us feel so special as we celebrated our anniversary. The card on the table and the glasses of champagne made us feel that they were truly glad to have us celebrating our special day with them. Will continue to go there for every anniversary dinner.Special Features: