Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
3133 E. Newberry Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakeparkbistro.com/
- Phone: 4149626300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Adam Siegel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lake Park Bistro's private rooms overlook Lake Michigan; Catering Director will assist with customizing parties for corporate, social or wedding events with floral decorations, personalized menus & cakes.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Sleiter 4149626300x
A word from Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro is located in an historic renovated park pavilion that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The Parisian-style bistro serves authentic rustic French cuisine and is regularly voted Milwaukee's most romantic restaurant. The kitchen is led by Chef Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2008. The stellar food, gorgeous views and unparalleled service make Lake Park Bistro a most desirable destination for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch as well as an ideal location for corporate and social events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)scenic view (191)romantic (149)fit for foodies (145)notable wine list (96)great for brunch (57)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (42)good for groups (33)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Superb food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2014Lake Park Bistro never dissapoints. Wonderful food from the fresh bread, salads and main courses. We had the lamb, duck and chicken and each dish was wonderful as well as the sides; potatoes, mushrooms and veggies. The table was a little dark and the waiter was not the best, but adequate, but the service could be a bit better to really make this "perfect" dining.Special Features:
- a must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Great time. Perfect for a special occasion. Staff is extremely helpful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French Bistro FoodBikemore5Dined on 10/18/2014A joyful place to dine! Always outstanding. Food is prepared superbly and the service is prompt and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudithDined on 10/17/2014Our waiter was outstanding - friendly, knowledgable and efficient without hovering! Food was delicious(I had salmon and beet salad - loved both). The view of the lake and the fall color was great.Special Features:
- Better than ParisRichNYCDined on 10/12/2014Having been disappointed time and again in Paris (but not elsewhere in France), it was refreshing to eat the real thing in Milwaukee during our annual visit from NYC. Best onion soup anywhere. Ou need not select a pricy wine to enjoy a well chosen half bottle with excellent flavor.Special Features:
- Simple, Delicious French FoodMamaBeetleDined on 10/12/2014This was my husband's and my third visit to Lake Park Bistro. We're from the Chicago area and don't get to Milwaukee often, so we weren't sure if this visit would be as good as our first two. We were once again wowed! I started with a special salad that was one of the best I've ever had: warm roasted butternut, arugula, tender pieces of roast duck, all dressed in a whole grain mustard/duck confit-based vinaigrette. The salmon I had came perfectly prepared: medium-rare with a crust on the outside with a moist interior. My husband who is very hard to please had the roast chicken and loved it. He finished his meal with a glass of port, while I grudgingly shared a couple of bites of my chocolate mousse and raspberry sorbet with him. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Haughty StaffcoolerbythelakeDined on 10/11/2014We had a pleasant dinner, but I can't say our dining experience was outstanding as I normally would. We were served PEI muscles which were tiny and tough. We understand what the size and consistency of muscles should be from experience, and PEI muscles on websites are described as meaty. When we mentioned it to our waiter, he said they could be small this time of year. He sent over a haughty manager with a french accent who did not introduce himself, did not ask how our food was and proceeded to lecture us on the fact that muscles are always this size. He has definitely not gone to the Ritz Carlton school of customer service. What could we say? We simply thanked him for "educating" us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousLemonadeDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten at Lake Park Bistro many times and never had a bad meal or bad service. Great record, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbcuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The specialty beers at the bar were wonderful. My wife had the Lindemans Framboise and talked about it several times during our evening. This was a special dinner for her birthday. Beet & pear salad was a real taste treat. Chef's divided it onto two plates so we could each have some. Our individual entre meals were exquisitely prepared and absolutely delicious. Everything was perfect right down to the fine sorbet for desert. Wait staff was top notch, attentive, friendly, and pleasant. All around perfect evening.Special Features:
- Red SnappersuggestionsDined on 10/8/2014I took an old friend of my parents for her 82nd birthday lunch at LPB. table by the window and was so nice. Everything so beautiful. Greg was our server and he was super, great attitude very helpful. My friend had the lovely squash soup and a delightful salad. I ordered the $27 Red Snapper and was shocked to see how small the piece was, as though it was the last snipit of tail end of the fish. Just bigger than a business card. It was cooked beautifully but a tad fishy. Great sauce and the brussel sprouts were the best ever. The complementary flourless chocolate cake was devine. Thank you so much, it was appreciated. I would never complain in this situation but I was dissapointed. Last time I had the Red Snapper it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/disappointing serviceout2eatDined on 10/4/2014Our 2nd time to LP Bistro for our 10yr anniversary. Evening started on a dubious note as once seated we waited almost 20 minutes for our server to take our drink order or be acknowledged. Some kind of mix-up I'm sure. I guess you could say, that we felt invisible to the service. The server was nice enough....but even after the initial wait our drink order took at least another 10 minutes I would say. Our 1st and only other LP Bistro experience was much, much better and friendlier. So, I think if we should visit again....we may intentionally pick a different night and see how that goes. Food was good enough, just goes to show you how both food and service combined make it memorable or not!Special Features:
- Great MealjimwachhDined on 10/4/2014They did a great job with our reservation. We requested 7 PM with a window table and we were seated right at 7 at a window table with a beautiful view. Our waiter, Chris was very prompt and professional pacing our meal beautifully. Our meals were delicious, one little glitch was my wife was served cold mashed potatoes. Chris took care of it immediately when she let him know! All in all a great night out!Special Features:
- bfarrDined on 10/4/2014steak with sauce was done just right , full of flavor. The sea bass , shrimp, and mussels, en papiotte was without flavor and over cooked, I should have known better but thought the restaurant would deliver like usual. Everything else was what I expect when I dine there.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantDeliciousdishDined on 10/3/2014Everything was wonderful but the acoustics in the lake room made conversation difficult. It was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to reputation.SansCesseDined on 9/29/20143 of the 4 of us ordered hamburgers. All of us wanted the meat medium. None of us got it. Since we were pressed for time we didn't mention it.
- Most accommodating! !OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014This was our 25th anniversary dinner with our family, dinner was appetizers through dessert and everything was delicious. I had the steak tartar for an appetizer, it was awesome. I had fish wife and daughters had steak son in law had the duck everything was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Not only was the food exceptional, but they made us feel so special as we celebrated our anniversary. The card on the table and the glasses of champagne made us feel that they were truly glad to have us celebrating our special day with them. Will continue to go there for every anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingWisconsinfoodieDined on 9/27/2014We've been to Lake Park Bistro many times over the past few years but the last three times have been very disappointing. While the service remains kind, the food has really gone downhill. I had Loup De Mer En Papillote and while the mussels were perfect the sea bass and shrimp were so overcooked as to be inedible. The Foie Gras Poele used to be a grand sized treat and is now really small. The boeuf bourguignon was a really fatty piece of meat so that the fat overpowered the dish. Desserts were great and the waitstaff kind, but this will no longer be our choice for a great experience and is thus not worth the price.
- dodcnmdodcnmDined on 9/27/2014We had a window seat on a beautiful fall evening…..it was perfect... I had the Alaskan Halibut…we had the escargot and everything about Lake Park Bistro was fabulousSpecial Features:
- A Birthday Celebrationfood4thesoulDined on 9/27/2014In celebration of my birthday, I was treated to dinner by my family at Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro. I have chosen this restaurant to treat my husband on special occasions such as his birthday and Father's Day. To date, we have not been disappointed with our meals. My birthday celebration was so special. Our meals were absolutely delicious! The wait staff was very attentive. The ambience was wonderful. I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to others who are seeking a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- tough hanger steakchewyDined on 9/24/2014The flavor of the hanger steak was marvelous but it was very chewy. I had the steak before and never had a problem. No we did not send the steaks back (3) with the same problem . We did ask for a tooth pick, that should have been a hint. I love the Bistro, just hope the quality of meat improves.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014Every time we go to Lake Park Bistro we are amazed at the quality of the food. This latest time surpassed the others when the Filet Mignon with the brandy/cream/peppercorn sauce was the best steak I have ever had. I thought about it for days and still am. This has the best food of all the Bartolotta restaurants and all of them are great.Special Features:
- Mary HRufusDined on 9/23/2014Great dinner had by all. I think it's the best restaurant in Milwaukee!Special Features:
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014This was the second time we went to Lake Park Bistro for our anniversary. The food is always top notch. Scenic view of Lake Michigan and in a upscale dining room.Special Features:
- PickyfoodiePickyfoodieDined on 9/20/2014Our evening overall was good. We were seated right away, even though we were early for our reservation. Our servers were very pleasant and knew the menu well. I had to read the menu to my husband as the room was so dark it was very hard to read. As an app I had the sea scallops, it was amazing. Then I had the Oeuf Mollet avac Champignons, It was fantastic! As a main dish I had the Dover Sole, I was not impressed. It is filleted at the table (as it should be) But mine had a lot of bones. also it was slightly over cooked, so it was rubbery. I ended my meal with the Creme Brûlée. Which was wonderful. Over all it was good but we won't be back, as I prefer other Bartolotta's restaurants.Special Features:
- Racinevisitor14Dined on 9/20/2014Overall this visit to Lake Park Bistro was good. We won't do another Sat night. Way too noisy - simply could not carry on conversations. We'll stick with brunch in the future where it is a little more subdued even though it can be busy for those too. The lamb was awesome but one of the salmon entrees at our table was undercooked. Wine (cabernet) was great but $15 a glass is not justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Park Bistro--Superb!MojojohnnyDined on 9/20/2014We chose Lake Park Bistro based on Trip Advisor ratings. We weren't disappointed. This restaurant is pricey (though not the highest in town!) but worth every penny, in my opinion. Three of us dined, all had filet, and all loved it. The endive/Granny Smith/Roquefort salad was great, as were the garlic mashed potatoes on the side. Vegetable on the plate was sugar snap peas and they were done right--wish the chef had put two or three times as many of them on the plate (hey, they're good for you & won't hurt the profit margin much, buddy!). The wine list was very good, desserts OK though not as good as the appetizers & entrees. I assume they have a reserve list but we didn't ask for it. Service was top notch. Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- OutstandingHummbuggerDined on 9/19/2014Intiment setting, spectacular view out over the water, outstanding service, spectacular menu choices. Fine dining at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLakeParkLoverDined on 9/18/2014Fabuloous view. Outstanding service and interesting menu choices. Limited vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvstoeatVIPDined on 9/15/2014Service was excellent, as was the French onion soup (best I've had). But the croque Monsieur was not what I expected - it was just a grilled ham and cheese.Special Features:
- Simply the bestljkpDined on 9/15/2014My sister lives out of state, and whenever she visits she insists on lunch at Lake Park Bistro. The food is fabulous, service is spot on, and the view is lovely. We have never been disappointed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSuzieandMikeDined on 9/14/2014Our dinner date was excellent. The food was a real treat and the service was impeccable. The timing of our meal from the appetizer's through dessert was spot on. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall v good but could be betterJerryj2VIPDined on 9/14/2014LPB is always a special treat - great view of Lake Michigan from the dining room attentive service and usually a good meal too. My only gripe is if you are dropping two bills plus for a dinner for two - it should be outstanding! Our entrees were good - one of us had the french onion (slightly soupier than normal) steak frites and the other the heirloom tomato dinner feature that included a salad that was excellent, a tart that was good and a steak. Steaks on both our entrees were good but not great. The next night I ate at Zarletti a down town restaurant comparably priced and the flavor and tenderness of their bone-in rib-eye special knocked it out of the park. I realize the difference in cuts but it was a notable difference.Special Features:
- Awesome brunchMFallsBeauDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary at a window table for two with an awesome brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Everyone knows that the food here will be terrific, and it was. But the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific MealWisphilDined on 9/13/2014An outstanding meal! Bone-in Ribeye and fillets were exceptional. Tender with great flavor.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014We celebrated the birthday of one of our French friends at the Lake Park Bistro. We had a wonderful evening with excellent food and wine. We are always very impressed with evenings at this very special restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerreddens1Dined on 9/12/2014Reserveds a table ahead of time and was not disapppointed....We had a nice table that overlooked the lake, until the sun set. The food tasted good, but pricey (as expected). The portions were on the small side, but we left feeling full. We appreciated the nice service. The "happy Anniversary" note on our table and complimentary glasses of champagne were a great touch. The noise level was high, some people may not enjoy the atmosphere, but it did not bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu a bit limited.NewcomerVIPDined on 9/12/2014I wish they would have a few more offerings on the menu. It is a bit limited. Our service was exceptional and the noise level was better this time than the two times previously. When we have friends/relatives that come into town we often take them the LPB because of the view. I was a little disappointed because we arrived early for our reservation and there were several tables next to the window but we were seated farther back into the room. Since you can't reserve these tables I don't know why they didn't seat us at one as they always tell us it is "first come first serve" for these tables.Special Features:
- Great Good FoodjbirdnyDined on 9/11/2014I picked up my Mom from the MKE airport as she flew in from CA. This was just 25 minutes drive north and a lovely spot with a view. Even the tables not at the window afford a view. The service was gracious and efficient.Special Features: