2408 West Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78757Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartlettsaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124517333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:45am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Arik Skot Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bartlett's
Bartlett’s has been serving Austin with consistently high quality food and exceptional service for over 20 years. Locally owned and operated since 1990, we offer something for everyone in your party. Fresh fish flown in daily, steaks hand cut in house, signature salads, along with some of the best burgers and sandwiches anywhere. We offer over 20 wines by the glass, along with locally brewed beers, and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bartlett's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Accomadates special needsOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/14/2012I want to thank especially the manager Eric and waitress Tanya. We had an unexpected visitor from out of state and the only day she could be with us was that date. Unfortunately, I had scheduled months before a certain medical procedure that required me to eat nothing but clear liquids. SO I took my packet of instant chicken broth and they were kind enough to make it up for me and serve me two bowls of it while my husband and our guest ate heartily and well. Although it is not a "gourmet"/high end restaurant, the food is always good here, so it is reliable. We go often with an elderly friend and they are always accommodating to his needs as well. Excellent value for the money.Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphere,goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/12/2012Good food, good atmosphere,good service. A little pricey for what used to be a Houston's.Special Features:
- After UT game with college friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We are huge Bartlett's fans. Everything was great, with the acception of service. Our wait person for got to replenish drinks and if noted us at times. She seemed nervous. Maybe it was just a bad day for her.your wait staff is usually excellent.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012Great food with an abundant selection of specials. Special selections allowed to mix a few things on the menu such as crabcakes and a mini sirloin. Food was great and the ambiance was prefect for some much needed one-on-one time.Special Features:
- Getting very pricy, apparentlyMR00Dined on 11/9/2012Getting very pricy, apparently just in the past few yearsSpecial Features:
- One of my favorites, if notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012One of my favorites, if not number one for me, in Austin. That said, bar items not up to par Wed.,too biter as was the key lime pie, way too biter. A little disappointed. Ribs amazing as always. Ate there Oct 2nd and martinis superb. Bartender not as good Wed.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasAustinFoodLoverDined on 10/31/2012Food was great, service was good, but a bit "stuffy." It's a good place for business lunches. Would be a good place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Good for what it offersRexLucisDined on 10/30/2012This restaurant offers an improved and creatively updated selection of classic American cuisine food. It's definitely not going to "wow" a foodie, though. Also, there seems to be an air of pretentiousness in the staff's attitude, perhaps because the restaurant is on the expensive side. Please, give me a break - it's a restaurant in a shopping mall, in Austin, not London. It certainly wasn't good enough to make me want to go back there.Special Features:
- Good for a business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2012Good for a business lunch. Lighting could be better in the restaurant. Food is always exceptional.
- We've been getting the ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012We've been getting the ribs at Bartlett's for years - our favorite! This was the first time that they were tough. The wait staff replaced them and then they were perfect. Also, the Coke and Diet Coke were flat this time. We asked for replacements but they were flat too.
- The restaurant was warm andLisaVIPDined on 10/17/2012The restaurant was warm and had a nice atmosphere. The food was pretty good. The service was good, not phenomenal but good. I think our waitress was new. But overall it was a nice place.
- The service during lunch seemsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2012The service during lunch seems to not be as attentive as during dinner.Special Features:
- I have dined at Bartlett'sTriangleDiningDined on 10/13/2012I have dined at Bartlett's several times over the past decade and the restaurant continues to offer exceptional food and service.
- Since we had not dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Since we had not dined at the original "Houston's" restaurant in many, many years due to change or residence years ago - we've returned to find out the name change. Everything that we had was superb, just as expected. We were elated to know that only the name had changed. We had the salad with hot bacon dressing, tortilla soup, spinach and artichoke dip, prime rib and the chocolate brownie dessert - all was as expected! Thank you, luckily it was OU weekend therefore the crowd was minimal at 7:30pm Friday night! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Same great food and serviceVisitingSFDined on 10/5/2012We had not been back to this restaurant since they changed their name from Houston's to Bartlett's. That is a shame, because it was one of the best meals and service I have had recently and they still had my favorite, the grilled artichoke on the menu. We will definitely be going back more often. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- Perfect dining choicecmorfoodVIPDined on 10/5/2012The smoked salmon was excellent. The surf and turf was exquisite. Perfect portion size and cooked to perfection. The steak was so tender I could cut it with my fork,Special Features:
- Times they are a changing...FgriderDined on 10/3/2012Ok, I've been dining here for over 20 years (Houston's and Bartletts), so clearly it's a good restaurant, but... I stuck with them when they made the transition from Houston's to Bartletts. Recently, I've noticed a significant creep up in price, but that's ok. I can control what I order, but with the tab regularly exceeding $100 for four without drinks or dessert, it's getting a bit pricey for my pay grade. During the last trip we asked for four artichokes instead of the three that are normally served. In the past, no big deal. This trip it was an extra $5. My daughter got a refill on her milk. At $3 for the first round, it was a bit shocking to get charged another $3 for a refill. So, I'll paid it, but I won't forget it..
- Consistently good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012Bartlett's is consistently good. My wife and I have been going there for years (since it was Houston's before). The menu is just as good or better than when it was Houston's. The spinach artichoke dip is a classic appetizer, but the smoked salmon is incredible as well. You can never go wrong with the prime rib french dip sandwich, it's expensive for a sandwich, but it's ridiculously good. Their market fish has always been good. Most recently, I had a swordfish that was topped with some rock shrimp and was paired with a wilted spinach - it was awesome.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012When a waiter can make things happen at your table and you don't even notice things coming and going, you have got top rated service. The artichokes (smoky butter) are outstanding and a real treat for something "out of the norm." We even commented on how nice it is to go to a restaurant and not have to scream to have a conversation. It was awesome! The food, the atmosphere and the service combo make it a superior restaurant to many who lack the attention to detail.Special Features:
- Amazing. Been going for overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Amazing. Been going for over a year on a regular basis, always love the meal and service.Special Features:
- Swordfish on a sandwich. GreatEatsOutTooOftenVIPDined on 9/16/2012Swordfish on a sandwich. Great idea. Great execution. The pickle and fresh tomato provide the perfect compliment. Long time favorite.Special Features:
- Waiter was MIA; didn't refillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Waiter was MIA; didn't refill water glasses and appeared too busy to have much patience with us as patrons. Food was OK but expect higher quality food and service for the price.
- Excellent food, wine and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Excellent food, wine and service! Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Bartlett's *never* disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2012Bartlett's *never* disappoints. They are hands down my favorite fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and great service...remiNormVIPDined on 9/10/2012Great food and great service...reminded me of the Hustons restaurants that are in Houston, Tx.Special Features:
- 14th birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012pricey. ceasar salad outstanding. both had prime rib. Would have loved a roll served with dinner at that price. waiter made my granddaughter feel special on her 14th birthday.Special Features:
- Great evening, but would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012Great evening, but would have preferred a larger table for two.
- I had the veggie burger, shoestringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012I had the veggie burger, shoestring fries, and an apple-walnut cobbler. It was all quite heavenly. The only gripe I had was the fact that the burger patty didn't hold together very well. If not for the fork and knife combo on hand, eating the burger would've been something of a task after the first few bites. Other than that, I've no complaints.Special Features:
- Food was great! Went forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Food was great! Went for a romantic dinner and was pleasantly surprised with the dinner selections and the quality.Special Features:
- Food and staff were very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Food and staff were very good. Will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great eveningcmorfoodVIPDined on 8/24/2012Excellent food and service. Always consistent in food service and food presentation. Most important food tastes exquisite ! YummSpecial Features:
- It was great as always. KeepOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2012It was great as always. Keep up the great flavor and service.Special Features:
- Ordered salads Salads shouldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012Ordered salads Salads should be dressed with dressing not swimming in dressing. Waitress was in too big a hurry for us to order and leave. Not all "out to lunchers" are rushing back to work.
- Our server, Jacob, was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Our server, Jacob, was fantastic. We've told our friends about him and his knowledge of the menu as well as the wine list. He was an absolute charmer. Bartlett's/Houstons remain a favorite.
- The redfish sandwich and primeKerryBVIPDined on 8/19/2012The redfish sandwich and prime rib au jous were spectacular. Love the shoe string French fries. My only qualm is the spinach artichoke dip should not be so expensive, that's ridiculous...we would have ordered it if it was more reasonable, because it is one of our favorites.
- This was a great restaurantFood4PandyDined on 8/11/2012This was a great restaurant where my friends and I celebrated my birthday. The waitstaff was really attentive and great. The food was delicious. We had steak, crab cakes, ribs, the special which was the sea bass. Everything was great. The spinach was delicious. The wine selection is actually small, but it was good enough for our party. They even came at the end to give me a cheesecake with a candle on it. They did such a great job making my day great. The seating we received for a larger party was perfect. We had no issues with reservations and it is such a hidden gem. I wished we found this place earlier. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- will be back soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012I had a couples night out for my birthday and we had a very good time, service was amazing and very knowledgeable and helpful, the atmosphere was dim and romantic yet still enough for a group. overall had an amazing birthday dinner! thank you.Special Features:
- The best overall service ofDrRoyVIPDined on 8/10/2012The best overall service of any restaurant and the food is great too.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012As always, Bartlett's exceeded my expectations. We took my mom for her birthday and I noted that on the reservation. When our dessert came out they had written happy birthday and her name on the plate in chocolate. Above and beyond! Their special with the filet and crab cake with a tomato basil salad was delicious! Perfect size and flavors really complemented each other. It's the perfect place for special occasions or anytime you just want great food and service. Consistently wonderful!Special Features:
- Bartlett's is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2012Bartlett's is our favorite Austin restaurant. The menu selections provides a range from common to quite extraordinary. We use it for hosting special guests with frequency. Our guests always offer special thanks.Special Features: