Bartlett Pear Inn
28 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bartlett Pear Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartlettpearinn.com/
- Phone: (410) 770-3300
- Hours of Operation:
Open Wednesday - Sunday 5:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jordan Lloyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Alice Lloyd 410-770-3300
A word from Bartlett Pear Inn
Join us at our Upscale American Bistro and Luxurious Inn!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bartlett Pear Inn - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Bartlett Pear Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (78)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (12)good for groups (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The BestMagnoliaVIPDined on 11/21/2014What a treat it is to dine at the Bartlett Pear Inn! The menu and food preparation is so creative and delicious that the menu descriptions don't begin to do it justice. The attention to detail in all aspects of the food preparation and presentation is evident. Love that the menu features locally sourced food at its freshest and best. This is also the case for the innovative specialty cocktails. The restaurant is pleasantly small, well-lit with a warm inviting atmosphere, and more peaceful than most dining venues, which is great for couples and small groups who wnt to the enjoy and appreciate the food and company. There is a nice selection of wines. Desserts and French-press coffee are not to be missed. This is our favorite restaurant in Easton for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect get awayClevelandParkerDined on 11/15/2014We escaped to Easton for a quick anniversary get away. A very good decision. Food is amazing. The Eastern shore awesome. The rooms are not luxury hotel rooms, but modern well decorated rooms in an old inn like setting. That said, that just what we wanted. Do yourself a favor and try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartley Pear B & BKarenVIPDined on 11/14/2014No words can deceive how wonderful this meal was. You can't miss an opportunity to dine here. Ask for server Sarah. She is a delite and a star at BPI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ambiance, service & food.TW767Dined on 11/12/2014We couldn't ask for a nicer, more romantic setting for a special occasion. The service from all of the staff was very attentive without being in the least bit obtrusive. They all knew exactly when to show up and when to disappear. And to top it all off, the food was excellent, beautifully presented and delicious. So, all in all, a delightful evening. (The noise level was low, very easy to carry on a conversation without raising our voices. The rating above won't accept my choice.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulposeyDined on 11/8/2014We met friends at the Bartlett Pear for a birthday dinner and everything about the evening was perfect. The chef's tasting menu was diverse and delicious with surprises and wonderful combinations of flavor and textures. The dining room atmosphere was lively but you still had a sense of privacy. I will always remember our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Special EventsjcdiningDined on 11/6/2014Price list precludes regular, casual dining but at the top of our list for birthdays, anniversaries and special events.Special Features:
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Stayed at the Barlett Pear for our anniversary. Great decision. Good options and the chef and staff were great about working with my wife's allergy requirements. Great signature cocktails as well. Staff great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 11/1/2014Salad greens and bread were the best part of the meal. The risotto was salty. The duck confit was too fatty. The Barlett pear desert was as hard as a rock. The wine by the glass choices could have been better. The server was very good, almost too attentive.
- Very goodMaryRDined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit for dinner and first for an overnight stay. Dinner was very good and worth the drive. Our server was very nice but she was kept very busy. We had to work to get her attention. The waitress appeared to be the only server in the dining room. Just too many tables to wait on. The guest room was charming but needs some work. The bed is way too soft for those of us who need back support. The lighting was dim and it was hard to see. There was a common area where you could make your own coffee . It would have been nice to have some cookies or a light snack laid out in that area for guests.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayJamesRVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had the tasting menu with paired wines. The food was excellent, but the wine was even better. Alice, the owner, chose the wines and served the first two flights. Her husband is the chef. I'd heard great things about this restaurant on Maryland's Eastern Shore for years, and it didn't disappoint. There are only a few restaurants in the greater Washington, D.C., area that can rival it. The best food course was the pasta with wild mushrooms and truffles. The most unusual was octopus with curried kefir lime ice cream and a splash of hot garlic broth. Overall, we were very happy with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/24/2014Jordan always makes us feel like VIPs! Had a surprise birthday dinner in the private dining room. Excellent food and service to make for the perfect evening! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- GrannylesDined on 10/19/2014Always at the top of our A*** list! Marvelous food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentelliespotsDined on 10/19/2014Comparable to five star in DC, maybe better. Attentive staff, perfect food. Very inventive. Had the Chefs Tasting Menu with wine pairing. Everything was delightful. Very creative wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Eve's equal or better?TrixieDined on 10/18/2014This is a destination restaurant that you won't regret staying overnight to experience. Food (Dover sole, cassoulet) was amazing and service was respectful of diners' preferences and bent over backwards to accommodate. Noise dampeners keep conversation audible.Special Features:
- One of frequent visits to BPI,luv2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014we had taken guests from the Western Shore for dinner. This was the very first time in over 3 years that we had a less than exceptional experience. We waited for over 45 minutes for our reservation. We were aware of how busy the restaurant was, but couldn't help but notice with the departure of many of the original staff, the service was not what it used to be. The food was outstanding as usual. We love Jordan and Alice and will continue to be regular customers, but the newer team needs some polishing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner at the pearResilienceDinerDined on 10/17/2014Had a combination of appetizers and small plates -- local oysters, PEU mussels, squash soup, salad and scallops. Plenty of food and varied flavored for both of us. Nice selection of wines. We finished with home-made ice cream and coffee. I like non-fat milk in my coffee but they only have regular and cream. They could not instantly provide NF milk, but since I was staying the night, the server made certain that there would be NF milk in time for breakfast. Great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBillDined on 10/17/2014Although the Pear is good anytime, we tend to save it for special occasions. Never disappointed in the quality of the food or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than we expected.FoodiealertVIPDined on 10/16/2014We didn't anticipate this little treasure on our wAy to a conference. Lovely, creative farm to table food with a great eye for detail. Terrific service, perfect portions and a helpful waitstaff makes this place rival and surpass any Jose Andres restaurant, but in the middle of a small rural area. Will make the road trip againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningJuan4twoDined on 10/15/2014Charming site, excellent, well-prepared and attractively presented food; server was knowledgeable, attentive and personable. Wine list was not deep, but was certainly adequate, with a wide range of prices. Restaurant is located in an older house, but is conducive to quiet conversation; no need to shout. Strongly recommend this as one of the best on the Eastern Shore.Special Features:
- What a wonderful gathering.FoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Bartlett Pear Inn is my favorite restaurant on the Eastern shore and the Washington area. I brought my prepschool roommates and spouses to a reunion,after 50 years, and a dinner on Saturday evening. We had the private room as well as a 5 course tasting dinner with wonderful wine pairing. The meal and service was Outstanding as were the unique cocktails we had before dinner. Greg,our waiter was so knowledgeable on aspects of our meal and food source that the dinner was even more enjoyable with his assistance. Chef Jordon was also very helpful. Needless to say we all spent hours talking about our family & careers over these past 50 years and marveled at the wonderful meal and service. Looking forward to a return visit, very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ideal eveningjhbillDined on 10/9/2014One of the best, if not the very best, dining experiences of my long life. The food was prepared and served in a most appealing way. The mussels were uniquely outstanding. Descriptions such as "delicious," "attractive," and "value" would all be appropriate for this dining experience. Not even the hour and a half drive will deter us - we shall return. The evening could not have been improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingmountaineerDined on 10/8/2014This is the second time we visited the Bartlett Pear. It never disappoints. The service is stellar, the food spectacular. The staff is very friendly, and efficient without being overbearing. You will enjoy the Pear. Five stars all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT IN EVERY WAY1HoundDined on 9/24/2014THE FRESH LOCAL FOOD, WONDERFUL WAIT STAFF, RELAXING ATMOSPHERE, MAKE FOR AN A+ experience..Special Features:
- Romantic evening.5july1937VIPDined on 9/24/2014A perfect bar with a quiet table in the bar beside the fireplace. Same wonderful menu. I'm always wishing for a wider selection of California Chardonnays and at a moderate price. Besides the unacceptable bar wine, having a middle selection of $57 and a top selection of $88 is a bit steep. Dinner for two at $180 does not encourage dinners to rush back. That said, this was our 41st time dining there since the restaurant was opened 5 years ago. Superb chef and wait staff. A truly elegant dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Dinner was excellent. The Paparadelle (not sure of spelling) was one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had, and the duck was superb, and so was the dessert. Breakfast, however, was not so good - both the pancakes and eggs had some kind of strange seasoning. The service was quite helpful but never intrusive, and the dining room is lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary!1SueBVIPDined on 9/21/2014Bartlett Pear is our favorite spot to celebrate a special occasion. This time it was our 42nd anniversary. We sat on the small, private porch overlooking the garden. For the first time, we chose to have Chef Jordan's 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings which is an incredible value.. Trusting to the chef's choices rather than our own (which is an option), we enjoyed everything immensely. The portions are half size so you don't get too full & the pacing is perfect. The dessert -- cheesecake parfait -- was terrific, as was the plum cocktail accompanying it. Love the Pear!Special Features:
- rave review!eatout2niteDined on 9/20/2014Lovely dining experience with class. No need to dress to the "nines" - casual elegance is appropriate - no shorts or baseball caps. Pleasant atmosphere in old home in the heart of Easton. A bit pricey but worth it. Quality food beautifully prepared. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for"! Our party of four agreed it was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time and we have eaten in restaurants all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whats4dessertDined on 9/20/2014My special dietary needs were met with imagination and flavor par excellence. My husband and I have never enjoyed a meal more than at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The wait staff were experts in the sources of ingredients and in the preparation of the entrees du jour. We live almost two hours away, but we plan to go back soon, hungry, and have a grand weekend at the surrounding places of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousWineandDineDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy eating here! Service is very friendly & attentive. The atmosphere is wonderful & the food is to die for!Special Features:
- Always a treatDrJ2Dined on 9/17/2014Hands down, our favorite restaurant in Easton (MD.). Our choice for creative food and cocktails complemented by a knowledgeable wait-staff. The place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Everything you hear & moreSpecmanDined on 9/17/2014It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so I made a reservation for my wife and myself. The food, the service and the attentiveness of the staff is second to none. My wife and I are not foodies, however we have gone on quite a number of cruises so we are used to good food and service. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the charming hostess we knew this would be a great anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. We read a 4.5 star review recently in the Baltimore Sun which pretty much confirmed our experience.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!LeslieBDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with fantastic service. The food is of the highest quality and freshness. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner at The Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton is a must for anyone who appreciates fine dining. Thanks to the talents of Chef Jordan, the menu is original and exciting, and perfectly executed. Most of the ingredients are sourced locally, and everything was fresh. Innkeeper Alice was very welcoming, and the table service was friendly and knowledgeable. I shall certainly return. The perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLuvagreatdinnerDined on 9/10/2014Everything was wonderful. Service and food were top notch. Ambience was warm, relaxing and special. Asked to talk with the owner/chef to tell him how wonderful it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIrishNurse27Dined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner and entire experience at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The before dinner peach drink started us off in great style. We thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and tastes of the tomato appetizer with warm bread and incredibly butter. We split the salmon and pasta with truffles which were scrumptious, and finished with delectable peach ice cream dessert. The service was excellent from start to end.Special Features:
- A luxurious gift to yourselfchismeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have stayed and eaten at Bartlett Pear several times, always regarding it as a special summer's-end treat. This time was no exception. The food continues at the highest level of refinement, and the service matches it. Every staff member seems primed to put the Inn's best face forward, and all seem invested in its success. Breakfasts for guests at the inn are spectacular - homemade brioche bread with local fresh eggs, to give one example. The inn maintains several farms to supply the kitchen. My only minor quibble is that I'm a big eater, and the dinner portions here are modest. The offerings are exquisite to look at, astonishing to eat, but small. I wanted double of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KevolineDined on 8/30/2014We've had two lovely and delicious dining experiences at The Bartlett Pear within the past month. The service was friendly and attentive,the food devine, and the atmosphere serene. We particularly liked the number of items available on the menu -- a nice selection but not too many to feel overwhelming. It is easy to taste Chef Jordan Lloyd's passion for farm to table cooking with every bite you take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in EastonThorDined on 8/23/2014Experienced our 39th wedding anniversary dinner at the Bartlett Pear Inn. Excellent food and service. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantLindaMDined on 8/23/2014We went to the Bartlett Pear to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. Absolutely loved it - from the moment we walked in the door! Everyone made us feel welcome. Since it was our first time there, we decided to try the tasting menu, which allowed us to try several dishes. All the dishes were prepared fresh and specifically for us - it was obvious from the taste that the food was not precooked and warmed prior to serving. The service was impeccable. The restaurant is about two hours from where we live, but will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations ExceededTipTheValetWellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated girlfriend's birthday here and simple gestures from the staff upon our arrival set the pace an excellent dining experience to follow. Quiet table, attentive but not intrusive service, remarkable menu, smart wine pairings. Food presentation only shadowed by the taste and preparation. Very rewarding visit and certainly more than worth the drive from Baltimore.Special Features: