Bartlett Pear Inn
28 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bartlett Pear Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartlettpearinn.com/
- Phone: 4107703300
- Hours of Operation:
Open Wednesday - Sunday 5:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jordan Lloyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Alice Lloyd 410-770-3300
A word from Bartlett Pear Inn
Join us at our Upscale American Bistro and Luxurious Inn!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bartlett Pear Inn - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Bartlett Pear Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (84)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (28)hot spot (12)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GrannylesDined on 10/19/2014Always at the top of our A*** list! Marvelous food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Comparable to five star in DC, maybe better. Attentive staff, perfect food. Very inventive. Had the Chefs Tasting Menu with wine pairing. Everything was delightful. Very creative wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Eve's equal or better?TrixieDined on 10/18/2014This is a destination restaurant that you won't regret staying overnight to experience. Food (Dover sole, cassoulet) was amazing and service was respectful of diners' preferences and bent over backwards to accommodate. Noise dampeners keep conversation audible.Special Features:
- One of frequent visits to BPI,luv2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014we had taken guests from the Western Shore for dinner. This was the very first time in over 3 years that we had a less than exceptional experience. We waited for over 45 minutes for our reservation. We were aware of how busy the restaurant was, but couldn't help but notice with the departure of many of the original staff, the service was not what it used to be. The food was outstanding as usual. We love Jordan and Alice and will continue to be regular customers, but the newer team needs some polishing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner at the pearResilienceDinerDined on 10/17/2014Had a combination of appetizers and small plates -- local oysters, PEU mussels, squash soup, salad and scallops. Plenty of food and varied flavored for both of us. Nice selection of wines. We finished with home-made ice cream and coffee. I like non-fat milk in my coffee but they only have regular and cream. They could not instantly provide NF milk, but since I was staying the night, the server made certain that there would be NF milk in time for breakfast. Great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBillDined on 10/17/2014Although the Pear is good anytime, we tend to save it for special occasions. Never disappointed in the quality of the food or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than we expected.FoodiealertVIPDined on 10/16/2014We didn't anticipate this little treasure on our wAy to a conference. Lovely, creative farm to table food with a great eye for detail. Terrific service, perfect portions and a helpful waitstaff makes this place rival and surpass any Jose Andres restaurant, but in the middle of a small rural area. Will make the road trip againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningJuan4twoDined on 10/15/2014Charming site, excellent, well-prepared and attractively presented food; server was knowledgeable, attentive and personable. Wine list was not deep, but was certainly adequate, with a wide range of prices. Restaurant is located in an older house, but is conducive to quiet conversation; no need to shout. Strongly recommend this as one of the best on the Eastern Shore.Special Features:
- What a wonderful gathering.FoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Bartlett Pear Inn is my favorite restaurant on the Eastern shore and the Washington area. I brought my prepschool roommates and spouses to a reunion,after 50 years, and a dinner on Saturday evening. We had the private room as well as a 5 course tasting dinner with wonderful wine pairing. The meal and service was Outstanding as were the unique cocktails we had before dinner. Greg,our waiter was so knowledgeable on aspects of our meal and food source that the dinner was even more enjoyable with his assistance. Chef Jordon was also very helpful. Needless to say we all spent hours talking about our family & careers over these past 50 years and marveled at the wonderful meal and service. Looking forward to a return visit, very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ideal eveningjhbillDined on 10/9/2014One of the best, if not the very best, dining experiences of my long life. The food was prepared and served in a most appealing way. The mussels were uniquely outstanding. Descriptions such as "delicious," "attractive," and "value" would all be appropriate for this dining experience. Not even the hour and a half drive will deter us - we shall return. The evening could not have been improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingmountaineerDined on 10/8/2014This is the second time we visited the Bartlett Pear. It never disappoints. The service is stellar, the food spectacular. The staff is very friendly, and efficient without being overbearing. You will enjoy the Pear. Five stars all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT IN EVERY WAY1HoundDined on 9/24/2014THE FRESH LOCAL FOOD, WONDERFUL WAIT STAFF, RELAXING ATMOSPHERE, MAKE FOR AN A+ experience..Special Features:
- Romantic evening.5july1937VIPDined on 9/24/2014A perfect bar with a quiet table in the bar beside the fireplace. Same wonderful menu. I'm always wishing for a wider selection of California Chardonnays and at a moderate price. Besides the unacceptable bar wine, having a middle selection of $57 and a top selection of $88 is a bit steep. Dinner for two at $180 does not encourage dinners to rush back. That said, this was our 41st time dining there since the restaurant was opened 5 years ago. Superb chef and wait staff. A truly elegant dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Dinner was excellent. The Paparadelle (not sure of spelling) was one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had, and the duck was superb, and so was the dessert. Breakfast, however, was not so good - both the pancakes and eggs had some kind of strange seasoning. The service was quite helpful but never intrusive, and the dining room is lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary!1SueBVIPDined on 9/21/2014Bartlett Pear is our favorite spot to celebrate a special occasion. This time it was our 42nd anniversary. We sat on the small, private porch overlooking the garden. For the first time, we chose to have Chef Jordan's 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings which is an incredible value.. Trusting to the chef's choices rather than our own (which is an option), we enjoyed everything immensely. The portions are half size so you don't get too full & the pacing is perfect. The dessert -- cheesecake parfait -- was terrific, as was the plum cocktail accompanying it. Love the Pear!Special Features:
- rave review!eatout2niteDined on 9/20/2014Lovely dining experience with class. No need to dress to the "nines" - casual elegance is appropriate - no shorts or baseball caps. Pleasant atmosphere in old home in the heart of Easton. A bit pricey but worth it. Quality food beautifully prepared. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for"! Our party of four agreed it was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time and we have eaten in restaurants all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whats4dessertDined on 9/20/2014My special dietary needs were met with imagination and flavor par excellence. My husband and I have never enjoyed a meal more than at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The wait staff were experts in the sources of ingredients and in the preparation of the entrees du jour. We live almost two hours away, but we plan to go back soon, hungry, and have a grand weekend at the surrounding places of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousWineandDineDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy eating here! Service is very friendly & attentive. The atmosphere is wonderful & the food is to die for!Special Features:
- Always a treatDrJ2Dined on 9/17/2014Hands down, our favorite restaurant in Easton (MD.). Our choice for creative food and cocktails complemented by a knowledgeable wait-staff. The place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Everything you hear & moreSpecmanDined on 9/17/2014It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so I made a reservation for my wife and myself. The food, the service and the attentiveness of the staff is second to none. My wife and I are not foodies, however we have gone on quite a number of cruises so we are used to good food and service. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the charming hostess we knew this would be a great anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. We read a 4.5 star review recently in the Baltimore Sun which pretty much confirmed our experience.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!LeslieBDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with fantastic service. The food is of the highest quality and freshness. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner at The Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton is a must for anyone who appreciates fine dining. Thanks to the talents of Chef Jordan, the menu is original and exciting, and perfectly executed. Most of the ingredients are sourced locally, and everything was fresh. Innkeeper Alice was very welcoming, and the table service was friendly and knowledgeable. I shall certainly return. The perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLuvagreatdinnerDined on 9/10/2014Everything was wonderful. Service and food were top notch. Ambience was warm, relaxing and special. Asked to talk with the owner/chef to tell him how wonderful it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIrishNurse27Dined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner and entire experience at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The before dinner peach drink started us off in great style. We thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and tastes of the tomato appetizer with warm bread and incredibly butter. We split the salmon and pasta with truffles which were scrumptious, and finished with delectable peach ice cream dessert. The service was excellent from start to end.Special Features:
- A luxurious gift to yourselfchismeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have stayed and eaten at Bartlett Pear several times, always regarding it as a special summer's-end treat. This time was no exception. The food continues at the highest level of refinement, and the service matches it. Every staff member seems primed to put the Inn's best face forward, and all seem invested in its success. Breakfasts for guests at the inn are spectacular - homemade brioche bread with local fresh eggs, to give one example. The inn maintains several farms to supply the kitchen. My only minor quibble is that I'm a big eater, and the dinner portions here are modest. The offerings are exquisite to look at, astonishing to eat, but small. I wanted double of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KevolineDined on 8/30/2014We've had two lovely and delicious dining experiences at The Bartlett Pear within the past month. The service was friendly and attentive,the food devine, and the atmosphere serene. We particularly liked the number of items available on the menu -- a nice selection but not too many to feel overwhelming. It is easy to taste Chef Jordan Lloyd's passion for farm to table cooking with every bite you take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in EastonThorDined on 8/23/2014Experienced our 39th wedding anniversary dinner at the Bartlett Pear Inn. Excellent food and service. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantLindaMDined on 8/23/2014We went to the Bartlett Pear to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. Absolutely loved it - from the moment we walked in the door! Everyone made us feel welcome. Since it was our first time there, we decided to try the tasting menu, which allowed us to try several dishes. All the dishes were prepared fresh and specifically for us - it was obvious from the taste that the food was not precooked and warmed prior to serving. The service was impeccable. The restaurant is about two hours from where we live, but will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations ExceededTipTheValetWellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated girlfriend's birthday here and simple gestures from the staff upon our arrival set the pace an excellent dining experience to follow. Quiet table, attentive but not intrusive service, remarkable menu, smart wine pairings. Food presentation only shadowed by the taste and preparation. Very rewarding visit and certainly more than worth the drive from Baltimore.Special Features:
- great find!TDFoodSNOBDined on 8/22/2014This was truly an exceptional restaurant. It certainly rates as one of the finest dining experiences we have had in travels across the country and many areas of the world. I will recommend to anyone who visits the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.NorthinCCDined on 8/22/2014I had dinner and breakfast at Bartlett Pear Inn. Gordon, the owner- chef, is a very talented, creative and personable chef. Everything I had was delicious and beautifully presented. When I mentioned that I did not eat wheat, he prepared a gluten-free brioche for me. Service is very professional as well. Attentive without being overly so. As a single diner, I was made to feel very welcome and was quite comfortable dining alone. BPI would hold its own vs. many upscale restaurants in the Washington area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to Detail at Its FinestOldtownerDined on 8/22/2014This was a world class experience! My husband & I had one of our best meals in recent memory at this elegant Bed&Breakfast. We both chose the 5 Course tasting menu & allowed the chef to choose our dishes. We made this choice because there were so many interesting & tempting choices on the menu we knew we would never be able to decide on just two. The Tasting Menu afforded us the opportunity to try 4 dishes - melon gazpacho, mussels, parpadella with mushrooms, & duck - & we chose the cheese plate for dessert. Note - less adventurous eaters can choose the entire menu for themselves from the full menu being offered. The whole experience - servers, food, ambiance - could not have been better. A true gem! We will be returning!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The cost of the food was more than the food preparation was worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The town of Easton is so fortunate to have such a fine restaurant- I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Nice PeopleMugwumpDined on 8/15/2014We've gone many times and even stayed at the Inn. Would recommend for all occasions - The food is outstanding and everyone there is so nice. We've rarely had the same thing twice and it's all been great. While it is quiet and couple-friendly, they've also always been very accommodating to our kids. It is one of the best restaurants we've been to in the DC / Baltimore area.Special Features:
- FoxfireDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Waite staff. Very knowledgeable . Presentation beautiful. Sauces light, allowing flavor of meat and seafood to shine. We loved it.Special Features:
- JandTcelebrationDined on 8/14/2014The atmosphere was charming, the staff friendly and everyone was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & HollyPaulDined on 8/10/2014Never disappointed and another terrific meal with first class service!Special Features:
- Gorgeous foodgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Delicious and creative food presented beautifully. I would pass on the French fries, which were featured on the menu as though it was a must-have. Enjoy a dessert or two instead! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious foodMitzy1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Try the tapas. That way you get to sample some of the items on the main menu. The scallops are truly fantastic, no exaggeration. Maybe the best I have ever had. Felt like they were caught & shucked just before hitting my plate. And the rare tuna melts in your mouth. End with the cheese board, like the French do. Also with the tapas you get to share what your table partner is having so it's a win-win dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.