Bartlett Pear Inn
28 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bartlett Pear Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartlettpearinn.com/
- Phone: 4107703300
- Hours of Operation:
Open Wednesday - Sunday 5:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jordan Lloyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Alice Lloyd 410-770-3300
A word from Bartlett Pear Inn
Join us at our Upscale American Bistro and Luxurious Inn!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bartlett Pear Inn - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Bartlett Pear Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (86)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (31)great for brunch (10)scenic view (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The town of Easton is so fortunate to have such a fine restaurant- I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Nice PeopleMugwumpDined on 8/15/2014We've gone many times and even stayed at the Inn. Would recommend for all occasions - The food is outstanding and everyone there is so nice. We've rarely had the same thing twice and it's all been great. While it is quiet and couple-friendly, they've also always been very accommodating to our kids. It is one of the best restaurants we've been to in the DC / Baltimore area.Special Features:
- FoxfireDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Waite staff. Very knowledgeable . Presentation beautiful. Sauces light, allowing flavor of meat and seafood to shine. We loved it.Special Features:
- JandTcelebrationDined on 8/14/2014The atmosphere was charming, the staff friendly and everyone was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & HollyPaulDined on 8/10/2014Never disappointed and another terrific meal with first class service!Special Features:
- Gorgeous foodgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Delicious and creative food presented beautifully. I would pass on the French fries, which were featured on the menu as though it was a must-have. Enjoy a dessert or two instead! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious foodMitzy1Dined on 8/8/2014Try the tapas. That way you get to sample some of the items on the main menu. The scallops are truly fantastic, no exaggeration. Maybe the best I have ever had. Felt like they were caught & shucked just before hitting my plate. And the rare tuna melts in your mouth. End with the cheese board, like the French do. Also with the tapas you get to share what your table partner is having so it's a win-win dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful food with wonderful flavors presented in an enchanting fashion. This restaurant on the Eastern shore compared to some of the top spots all over the world. I experience some of the most flavorful interesting combinations of food ever.Special Features:
- Great chef's mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014The chef's choice five course meal was one of the best dinners we have ever had! Everything cooked perfectly with interesting sauces and beautiful presentation. Service very friendly and efficient. Perfect place for a special occasion. Order the chef's meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service was a disappointmentDinadinerDined on 8/2/2014The search indexes all came up about this restaurant that was #1 out of 100 in Easton; but this place definitely would not be at the top of our list. They were out of menu items at 8pm, a special order of steamed vegetables was inedible and be prepared the portions are minuscule. We would not go back again.
- Very Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Bartlett Pear last weekend. We had a terrific experience. The fit is excellent and prepared with a lot of love. The dining room is simple but very attractive and the service was superb. To my mind, the Bartlett Pear should be a part of any foodie's visit to Easton, MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, wonderful serviceseriousaboutfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed every minute of our visit. The Inn is luxurious and relaxing. We had the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. The service is excellent, the food is superb, healthy and fresh, and wine complements it perfectly. Chef Jordan came by to visit with us. He is passionate about cooking creative food with the finest ingredients. The menu changes daily and everything, from the fabulous bread to the light and delicious desserts, is made in house. Of special note is the bartender who serves unique drinks made with fresh fruit juices. Breakfast served with french press coffee is spectacular too. It's clear that whatever is fresh and local is going to be on your plate. Chef Jordan trained at Citronelle and Per Se and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfection!LRazzeDined on 8/2/2014It was my favorite combination of great food in a non-fussy, but casually elegant atmosphere. Greg, our extremely knowledgeable waiter, showed us the way with the chef's tasting menu. All 5 courses were beautifully served. But more importantly, the food was amazing! Starting with a mango/honey dew gazpacho...mmmm! We could have made a meal out of the mussels sauce and bread alone! Next was halibut with wonderfully smokey wild mushrooms! Our last entree, roasted pork shoulder, fell apart with all kinds of flavor. Finally we finished their to-die-for chocolate torte with a little bit of chocolate ice cream and small piece of caramelized orange. I'm tellin' ya you have to go and decide for yourself. This one's a winner in our book!Special Features:
- Bitter Sweet ~ Very PositiveMichelleDined on 8/1/2014Let me clarify my bitter sweet opening. *Sweet ~ Everytime we come to the Bartlett Pear Inn, it is as good as the last time or better. Simply, we love it here. It is one of our fine gems! *Bitter ~ We have to put our selfishness aside, but very hard in this case, we learned that our favorite Mixologist/Bar Tender, JUSTIN will be leaving the Bartlett. We are very happy for your growth, but are very saddened he won't be there when we return to our faborite, 2 top table in the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!lovefreshDined on 8/1/2014First time at this restaurant .. chose after many positive reviews to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, The staff is exceptional . felt welcome, our daughter had called ahead to inform them it was our anniversary and they had a card waiting for us from her as well as the staff. The staff all worked exceptional together, excellent service, complimentary champagne toast for our anniversary, nice touch, food was excellent and we enjoyed a romantic dinner. We did not feel rushed at all and enjoyed every moment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth wateringd1nerDined on 7/26/2014As always, the food was exquisite. It's summer so the vegetables were melt-in-your mouth. I don't know what the chef does to the veggies but this place is one of the rare restaurants that serves vegetables that actually have taste and texture. The ahi tuna was perfect and the mushroom coated halibut was excellent. The desserts (yes, we were full but who can say no to their desserts) were so so so so so good. There's a chocolate mousse. . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Eastern Shore GemOxfordfoodiesDined on 7/25/2014We reserved a table for our 10th Anniversary and decided to stay in one of the rooms at the Inn (10% discount on food for inn guests was a nice perk). Scallops and NY Strip were our selections, and the presentation and taste were both first-rate. Jordan, the executive chef, prides himself on the freshest ingredients and on using food from local farmers and fishermen. His choices inure to the great benefit of his diners, and we were no exception. The service is also impeccable. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes and about the wines that paired best with them. The wine list is a bit limited, but it has perfect choices. Pricing may seem a bit high, but this is a restaurant where you clearly get what you pay for -- and more.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseSparkyVIPDined on 7/23/2014The restaurant is rather small and on a warm evening the AC is straining to maintain a comfortable temperature. Overall, the food was quite good but a slightly cooler room would have made the experience more pleasurable. The menu is small and does not include any local fish (e.g. stripped bass) which is somewhat surprising because the restaurant champions local food and lists the various local vendors it uses. The Bay has lots of fresh seafood but the chef prefers RI scallops and west coast (?) halibut. No local crabs, oysters or other fresh catch are offered.
- Great dining!Golden50sDined on 7/23/2014This was one of the finest dining experiences we've ever had. Our duck and halibut entrees were very well prepared and very interesting as well. Seasonings, flavors in food prep were rather unique and delicious. Our server/mixologist made great suggestions of his speciality drinks (delicious) and wine to pair with our food. Loved the chocolate tart too. We came away feeling very satisfied without feeling uncomfortably full. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal!GrannylesDined on 7/20/2014Been eating here since they opened -- and always 5 star!Special Features:
- spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014A spectacular dining experience...small menu, boutique ingredients, dishes designed to layer flavors, textures and all. Don't miss the Bartlett Pear...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the Screened PorchSummerBreezeDined on 7/19/2014We had a delightful dinner on a almost cool July evening at one of the two tables on the screened in porch. Food was remarkable in serving sizes that were appropriately, filling but not to the point you felt stuffed or needed a dogie bag. The Chef even brought out one of our entrees and came back to make sure everything was perfect, which it was. Two of us had the scallops and I had the Halibut prepared in a delightfully different way. The only slight flaw was the size of the tomato and mozzarella salad. But it too was tasty. The wine list was small but appropriate pairings for the foods on the menu. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuEaterDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I have eaten at Chef Jordan Lloyd's fabulous restaurant numerous times, but this is the first time we tried the tasting menu and wine pairings. We selected the ahi tuna and the pork belly for our appetizers. Both were sizable portions which were not only delicious but were displayed artfully. For the entrees, we chose the duck and the halibut . Both were to-die-for and, as always, cooked to perfection. We topped off the evening by splitting the chocolate tart. The wines that were chosen to accompany each dish were excellent selections and complimented each course perfectly. If you haven't been to The Bartlett Pear Inn and are looking for the best food on the Eastern Shore, then put this restaurant at the top of your list.Special Features:
- A disappointing eveningAdisappointingeveningDined on 7/16/2014Not sure you really want to hear this. We had to ask for bread plates, service X 2, larger portions, out food to be heated. I cleared the table myself after waiting much too long. In short, it was a very disappointing evening. We had looked forward to it. We could not recommend it to anyone and will not return. My husband talked me into giving a good tip. Our waitress was very nice but much to inexperienced. The worse part was cold food that was not very good. We went elsewhere the next night. Somehow we got into a conversation about the restaurants in Easton. Out waitress int he second restaurant said that she had heard our same report from several customers. In some ways I was glad to hear that. It validated our experience.
- Another lovely meal!kittenDined on 7/12/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary here last Saturday and had a lovely time. The quality of the food and service are tops, and the complimentary Prosecco with our dinner was a lovely and appreciated touch. The ONLY suggestion I would make is for this divine restaurant to enlarge its menu just a bit. For those of us who don't eat meat or chicken, there were only three entrees (a pasta, a sea bass and scallops) to choose from--though I will say that our scallops were truly delicious!Special Features:
- Loved itnickname456VIPDined on 7/4/2014I seldom award 5 stars, but this restaurant rivals DC's best. All four of us had a great meal. Every dish was flawless. This chef could cook anywhere. The only constructive criticism I would offer is to broaden the wine list. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant in eastonMcegeDined on 7/2/2014The restaurant is very pretty, and the nicest restaurant at the shore. We will go back. However, it felt like they were trying too hard when it came to the good! I did not enjoy the gazpacho at all and although my scallops were delicious, I didn't care for anything else on the plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeryHappyHappyDined on 6/28/2014Easily a top 10 restaurant in the Baltimore / Washington area; gourmet dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time thereSteveVIPDined on 6/28/2014Incredible food. Service somewhat of a disappointment this trip. Intimate dining room, small menu with fresh food and choice ingredients. Will go again.Special Features:
- surprise in EastonTable42Dined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed a casual atmosphere and wonderfully simply stated gourmet meal with my wife. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- great food for a special occasionnomnomsterVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I came to Easton for a weekend getaway and went to dinner our first night at the Bartlett Pear Inn based on reviews we read online. This place did not disappoint! The waiter was excellent and his descriptions of the dishes helped us select some really unique choices. Try the sole appetizer with puff pastry, you will not be disappointed! Every part of the meal was wonderful from start to finish - we would have gone back here a second night if not for wanting to try some of the other local restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardDined on 6/18/2014Delicious food, locally sourced, skillfully prepared and beautifully presented. New discovery - pear hard cider - light and refreshing. Waiter patiently described overabundance of new terms on the menu. A memorable experience worthy of a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Amazing and quiet2foodies37Dined on 6/15/2014Bartlett Pear is the best weekend getaway that we've found within an hour from home. We love coming here for special occasions and anytime we want to get away from daily stress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!TomPVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The food was high-end gourmet class, very well prepared. It was presented beautifully and it tasted great. The service was absolutely first class! Don't miss this terrific dining experience!Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 6/14/2014great food and ambience! new entrees are always well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- kajikajiDined on 6/14/2014Every morsel was a treat, from the homemade bread to the delectable lemon dessert. Waiters are knowledgable about the food, where it comes from as well as the wine options. It was expensive but worth it as a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKeithMDDined on 6/14/2014We had the 5 course dinner and the Chef did a terrific job pairing small plates. The service is excellent and the staff is friendly and engaging. Our waiter, Justine timed everything perfectly, provided good suggestions and was very informative of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Selection!ExcellentVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. This is a very nice restaurant. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. My duck was a little tough but flavorful. The service was excellent. We will go back.Special Features:
- ltdineDined on 6/8/2014Food quality is good, service very good. The bar tender was greatSpecial Features:
- Bartlett Pear InnOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014The service from the very beginning was fantastic, and the food lived up to all the rave reviews. A special thank you to Kelsey who made the evening memorable. We will definitely recommend to friends and go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.