Bartlett Pear Inn
28 South Harrison Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bartlett Pear Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bartlettpearinn.com/
- Phone: 4107703300
- Hours of Operation:
Open Wednesday - Sunday 5:30 - 10:00 p.m.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jordan Lloyd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Alice Lloyd 410-770-3300
A word from Bartlett Pear Inn
Join us at our Upscale American Bistro and Luxurious Inn!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bartlett Pear Inn - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Bartlett Pear Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (86)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)good for groups (7)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- PERFECT IN EVERY WAY1HoundDined on 9/24/2014THE FRESH LOCAL FOOD, WONDERFUL WAIT STAFF, RELAXING ATMOSPHERE, MAKE FOR AN A+ experience..Special Features:
- Romantic evening.5july1937VIPDined on 9/24/2014A perfect bar with a quiet table in the bar beside the fireplace. Same wonderful menu. I'm always wishing for a wider selection of California Chardonnays and at a moderate price. Besides the unacceptable bar wine, having a middle selection of $57 and a top selection of $88 is a bit steep. Dinner for two at $180 does not encourage dinners to rush back. That said, this was our 41st time dining there since the restaurant was opened 5 years ago. Superb chef and wait staff. A truly elegant dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Dinner was excellent. The Paparadelle (not sure of spelling) was one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had, and the duck was superb, and so was the dessert. Breakfast, however, was not so good - both the pancakes and eggs had some kind of strange seasoning. The service was quite helpful but never intrusive, and the dining room is lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary!1SueBVIPDined on 9/21/2014Bartlett Pear is our favorite spot to celebrate a special occasion. This time it was our 42nd anniversary. We sat on the small, private porch overlooking the garden. For the first time, we chose to have Chef Jordan's 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings which is an incredible value.. Trusting to the chef's choices rather than our own (which is an option), we enjoyed everything immensely. The portions are half size so you don't get too full & the pacing is perfect. The dessert -- cheesecake parfait -- was terrific, as was the plum cocktail accompanying it. Love the Pear!Special Features:
- rave review!eatout2niteDined on 9/20/2014Lovely dining experience with class. No need to dress to the "nines" - casual elegance is appropriate - no shorts or baseball caps. Pleasant atmosphere in old home in the heart of Easton. A bit pricey but worth it. Quality food beautifully prepared. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for"! Our party of four agreed it was one of the best meals we've had in a very long time and we have eaten in restaurants all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whats4dessertDined on 9/20/2014My special dietary needs were met with imagination and flavor par excellence. My husband and I have never enjoyed a meal more than at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The wait staff were experts in the sources of ingredients and in the preparation of the entrees du jour. We live almost two hours away, but we plan to go back soon, hungry, and have a grand weekend at the surrounding places of interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousWineandDineDined on 9/19/2014We always enjoy eating here! Service is very friendly & attentive. The atmosphere is wonderful & the food is to die for!Special Features:
- Always a treatDrJ2Dined on 9/17/2014Hands down, our favorite restaurant in Easton (MD.). Our choice for creative food and cocktails complemented by a knowledgeable wait-staff. The place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Everything you hear & moreSpecmanDined on 9/17/2014It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so I made a reservation for my wife and myself. The food, the service and the attentiveness of the staff is second to none. My wife and I are not foodies, however we have gone on quite a number of cruises so we are used to good food and service. From the moment we walked in and were greeted by the charming hostess we knew this would be a great anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. We read a 4.5 star review recently in the Baltimore Sun which pretty much confirmed our experience.Special Features:
- Amazing meal!LeslieBDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal with fantastic service. The food is of the highest quality and freshness. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner at The Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton is a must for anyone who appreciates fine dining. Thanks to the talents of Chef Jordan, the menu is original and exciting, and perfectly executed. Most of the ingredients are sourced locally, and everything was fresh. Innkeeper Alice was very welcoming, and the table service was friendly and knowledgeable. I shall certainly return. The perfect place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerLuvagreatdinnerDined on 9/10/2014Everything was wonderful. Service and food were top notch. Ambience was warm, relaxing and special. Asked to talk with the owner/chef to tell him how wonderful it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceIrishNurse27Dined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our dinner and entire experience at the Bartlett Pear Inn. The before dinner peach drink started us off in great style. We thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and tastes of the tomato appetizer with warm bread and incredibly butter. We split the salmon and pasta with truffles which were scrumptious, and finished with delectable peach ice cream dessert. The service was excellent from start to end.Special Features:
- A luxurious gift to yourselfchismeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have stayed and eaten at Bartlett Pear several times, always regarding it as a special summer's-end treat. This time was no exception. The food continues at the highest level of refinement, and the service matches it. Every staff member seems primed to put the Inn's best face forward, and all seem invested in its success. Breakfasts for guests at the inn are spectacular - homemade brioche bread with local fresh eggs, to give one example. The inn maintains several farms to supply the kitchen. My only minor quibble is that I'm a big eater, and the dinner portions here are modest. The offerings are exquisite to look at, astonishing to eat, but small. I wanted double of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KevolineDined on 8/30/2014We've had two lovely and delicious dining experiences at The Bartlett Pear within the past month. The service was friendly and attentive,the food devine, and the atmosphere serene. We particularly liked the number of items available on the menu -- a nice selection but not too many to feel overwhelming. It is easy to taste Chef Jordan Lloyd's passion for farm to table cooking with every bite you take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in EastonThorDined on 8/23/2014Experienced our 39th wedding anniversary dinner at the Bartlett Pear Inn. Excellent food and service. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantLindaMDined on 8/23/2014We went to the Bartlett Pear to celebrate my husband's birthday and our anniversary. Absolutely loved it - from the moment we walked in the door! Everyone made us feel welcome. Since it was our first time there, we decided to try the tasting menu, which allowed us to try several dishes. All the dishes were prepared fresh and specifically for us - it was obvious from the taste that the food was not precooked and warmed prior to serving. The service was impeccable. The restaurant is about two hours from where we live, but will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations ExceededTipTheValetWellDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated girlfriend's birthday here and simple gestures from the staff upon our arrival set the pace an excellent dining experience to follow. Quiet table, attentive but not intrusive service, remarkable menu, smart wine pairings. Food presentation only shadowed by the taste and preparation. Very rewarding visit and certainly more than worth the drive from Baltimore.Special Features:
- great find!TDFoodSNOBDined on 8/22/2014This was truly an exceptional restaurant. It certainly rates as one of the finest dining experiences we have had in travels across the country and many areas of the world. I will recommend to anyone who visits the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.NorthinCCDined on 8/22/2014I had dinner and breakfast at Bartlett Pear Inn. Gordon, the owner- chef, is a very talented, creative and personable chef. Everything I had was delicious and beautifully presented. When I mentioned that I did not eat wheat, he prepared a gluten-free brioche for me. Service is very professional as well. Attentive without being overly so. As a single diner, I was made to feel very welcome and was quite comfortable dining alone. BPI would hold its own vs. many upscale restaurants in the Washington area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The cost of the food was more than the food preparation was worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The town of Easton is so fortunate to have such a fine restaurant- I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Nice PeopleMugwumpDined on 8/15/2014We've gone many times and even stayed at the Inn. Would recommend for all occasions - The food is outstanding and everyone there is so nice. We've rarely had the same thing twice and it's all been great. While it is quiet and couple-friendly, they've also always been very accommodating to our kids. It is one of the best restaurants we've been to in the DC / Baltimore area.Special Features:
- FoxfireDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Waite staff. Very knowledgeable . Presentation beautiful. Sauces light, allowing flavor of meat and seafood to shine. We loved it.Special Features:
- JandTcelebrationDined on 8/14/2014The atmosphere was charming, the staff friendly and everyone was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul & HollyPaulDined on 8/10/2014Never disappointed and another terrific meal with first class service!Special Features:
- Gorgeous foodgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Delicious and creative food presented beautifully. I would pass on the French fries, which were featured on the menu as though it was a must-have. Enjoy a dessert or two instead! Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious foodMitzy1Dined on 8/8/2014Try the tapas. That way you get to sample some of the items on the main menu. The scallops are truly fantastic, no exaggeration. Maybe the best I have ever had. Felt like they were caught & shucked just before hitting my plate. And the rare tuna melts in your mouth. End with the cheese board, like the French do. Also with the tapas you get to share what your table partner is having so it's a win-win dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful food with wonderful flavors presented in an enchanting fashion. This restaurant on the Eastern shore compared to some of the top spots all over the world. I experience some of the most flavorful interesting combinations of food ever.Special Features:
- Great chef's mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014The chef's choice five course meal was one of the best dinners we have ever had! Everything cooked perfectly with interesting sauces and beautiful presentation. Service very friendly and efficient. Perfect place for a special occasion. Order the chef's meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service was a disappointmentDinadinerDined on 8/2/2014The search indexes all came up about this restaurant that was #1 out of 100 in Easton; but this place definitely would not be at the top of our list. They were out of menu items at 8pm, a special order of steamed vegetables was inedible and be prepared the portions are minuscule. We would not go back again.
- Very Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Bartlett Pear last weekend. We had a terrific experience. The fit is excellent and prepared with a lot of love. The dining room is simple but very attractive and the service was superb. To my mind, the Bartlett Pear should be a part of any foodie's visit to Easton, MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, wonderful serviceseriousaboutfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed every minute of our visit. The Inn is luxurious and relaxing. We had the Chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. The service is excellent, the food is superb, healthy and fresh, and wine complements it perfectly. Chef Jordan came by to visit with us. He is passionate about cooking creative food with the finest ingredients. The menu changes daily and everything, from the fabulous bread to the light and delicious desserts, is made in house. Of special note is the bartender who serves unique drinks made with fresh fruit juices. Breakfast served with french press coffee is spectacular too. It's clear that whatever is fresh and local is going to be on your plate. Chef Jordan trained at Citronelle and Per Se and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfection!LRazzeDined on 8/2/2014It was my favorite combination of great food in a non-fussy, but casually elegant atmosphere. Greg, our extremely knowledgeable waiter, showed us the way with the chef's tasting menu. All 5 courses were beautifully served. But more importantly, the food was amazing! Starting with a mango/honey dew gazpacho...mmmm! We could have made a meal out of the mussels sauce and bread alone! Next was halibut with wonderfully smokey wild mushrooms! Our last entree, roasted pork shoulder, fell apart with all kinds of flavor. Finally we finished their to-die-for chocolate torte with a little bit of chocolate ice cream and small piece of caramelized orange. I'm tellin' ya you have to go and decide for yourself. This one's a winner in our book!Special Features:
- Bitter Sweet ~ Very PositiveMichelleDined on 8/1/2014Let me clarify my bitter sweet opening. *Sweet ~ Everytime we come to the Bartlett Pear Inn, it is as good as the last time or better. Simply, we love it here. It is one of our fine gems! *Bitter ~ We have to put our selfishness aside, but very hard in this case, we learned that our favorite Mixologist/Bar Tender, JUSTIN will be leaving the Bartlett. We are very happy for your growth, but are very saddened he won't be there when we return to our faborite, 2 top table in the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!lovefreshDined on 8/1/2014First time at this restaurant .. chose after many positive reviews to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, The staff is exceptional . felt welcome, our daughter had called ahead to inform them it was our anniversary and they had a card waiting for us from her as well as the staff. The staff all worked exceptional together, excellent service, complimentary champagne toast for our anniversary, nice touch, food was excellent and we enjoyed a romantic dinner. We did not feel rushed at all and enjoyed every moment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth wateringd1nerDined on 7/26/2014As always, the food was exquisite. It's summer so the vegetables were melt-in-your mouth. I don't know what the chef does to the veggies but this place is one of the rare restaurants that serves vegetables that actually have taste and texture. The ahi tuna was perfect and the mushroom coated halibut was excellent. The desserts (yes, we were full but who can say no to their desserts) were so so so so so good. There's a chocolate mousse. . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Eastern Shore GemOxfordfoodiesDined on 7/25/2014We reserved a table for our 10th Anniversary and decided to stay in one of the rooms at the Inn (10% discount on food for inn guests was a nice perk). Scallops and NY Strip were our selections, and the presentation and taste were both first-rate. Jordan, the executive chef, prides himself on the freshest ingredients and on using food from local farmers and fishermen. His choices inure to the great benefit of his diners, and we were no exception. The service is also impeccable. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes and about the wines that paired best with them. The wine list is a bit limited, but it has perfect choices. Pricing may seem a bit high, but this is a restaurant where you clearly get what you pay for -- and more.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseSparkyVIPDined on 7/23/2014The restaurant is rather small and on a warm evening the AC is straining to maintain a comfortable temperature. Overall, the food was quite good but a slightly cooler room would have made the experience more pleasurable. The menu is small and does not include any local fish (e.g. stripped bass) which is somewhat surprising because the restaurant champions local food and lists the various local vendors it uses. The Bay has lots of fresh seafood but the chef prefers RI scallops and west coast (?) halibut. No local crabs, oysters or other fresh catch are offered.
- Great dining!Golden50sDined on 7/23/2014This was one of the finest dining experiences we've ever had. Our duck and halibut entrees were very well prepared and very interesting as well. Seasonings, flavors in food prep were rather unique and delicious. Our server/mixologist made great suggestions of his speciality drinks (delicious) and wine to pair with our food. Loved the chocolate tart too. We came away feeling very satisfied without feeling uncomfortably full. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.