163 NW Minnesota Ave
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barriobend.com/
- Phone: 5413892025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm (counter service)
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Steven Draheim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wine
- Catering: With a taco cart, a giant paella pan, and plenty of delicious side dishes, Barrio can cater an entire neighborhood! Consider OUR style when planning your next event.
A word from Barrio
Barrio is not just a restaurant...it is a neighborhood restaurant where Latin flavors are celebrated. Where people near & far gather to eat, drink, laugh and celebrate. We have both high and low tables in the restaurant, if you have a preference on where you are seated, please specify your preference when making your reservation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Interesting and diverse flavorsHeyCookDined on 4/16/2014Although sometimes the prevalence of romesco can make everything have the same flavor, my latest dining experience at this cute and entertaining jewel box of a restaurant was exemplary. Everything had a distinct flavor profile -- salmon with grilled asparagus and tzadiki (salmon cooked so perfectly I nearly cried), cauliflower tagine with chimichurri (no romesco this time, thank goodness), caramelized fennel with feta (omg, so good), shrimp fritters with panzanera and tartar sauce (wow, just wow). That was one good dinner!Special Features:
- Pork taquitoFrankandCVIPDined on 3/30/2014It was awesome and the creative use of plantain as sandwhich was a killerSpecial Features:
- a great find in BendjualeenDined on 2/5/2014We split the seven tapas dinner and every one was great as was the wine and dessert. They should also serve the tapas for lunch.Special Features:
- Casual feel with delicious foodkonabenditeVIPDined on 1/22/2014One of our favorite downtown eateries. Great menu, friendly staff, fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrio Happenings...CathyDined on 1/14/2014My husband and I met a couple at Barrio for dinner, as they are heading off to Spain soon. It was such a fun night and reminded us of noisy, busy bistros in Barcelona. The food was delicious; such an interesting and tasty combination of flavors. We each ordered different tapas and shared. Our waiter was delightful and contributed greatly to make it festive. The Spanish wine I had was to die for and I put it on my list as a keeper. Overall, an A+ experience which we will repeat soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE Visitblackplate68Dined on 12/31/2013Planned to visit Bend for NYE and looked this restaurant up about a week in advance. Made reservations and showed up for a wonderful meal. The food was great and out server really helped us make the best choices; he was also really upbeat and entertaining. We had the paella mixta, a bunch of great tapas, and a pitcher of sangria. Will definitely recommend this to anyone making their way through Bend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We planned our anniversary dinner here- no regrets! The service was friendly, warm and professional. Bartender took great pride in creating our drinks, our food delivery timing was perfect and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasBitManglerVIPDined on 12/7/2013Nice little "local joint" with creative tapas dishes.Special Features:
- Always Awesome!Harley907Dined on 11/9/2013We always dine at Barrio when we are at our condo in Bend. His tapas are so ingenious, lots of flavorful ingredients put together with an eclectic touch. We check out the specials board first; yummy. The drink list is great too, especially the mojito which has a little kick to it, and the Tamarind whiskey sour is lots of fun. Your wallet won't be empty either; the prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of the food. Try to save room for dessert; we usually take ours with us. Don't forget to make a reservation, or be prepared to wait.Special Features:
- Paella and ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Chris was our waiter and he was incredible. Everything was timely, not rushed. He was happy, pleasant, knowledgeable, enjoyed people and his job... I give him a top, top rating and the paella, pork and brussel sprouts were delightful..... loved it all.Special Features:
- FabulousYum5691Dined on 10/29/2013This was my first dining experience at Barrio. Food was amazing. Our server Chris was a gem. Overall wonderful, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are consistentlyMelindaDined on 10/25/2013Food and service are consistently good. Drinks are hand made...fresh squeezed juices. Staff are friendly and recognize a regular. Food is different from the usual fair and there are always specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrio in Bend esta bien!BOPADined on 10/19/2013Food at Barrio is delicious and creative. Prices are reasonable for both food and wine. On a crowded evening it is super noisy so you need to be prepared and open to that. Six of us went and we could barely hear the person next to us. However we left feeling totally pleased with dinner and still had fun. Server was very attentive and the price was right.Special Features:
- Review BarrioSeanDined on 10/16/2013Great place to eat, amazing service and the wine was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!MichelleDined on 10/10/2013My husband and I love this place so much that when I asked my husband what he wanted for his birthday...he said Barrio (and since we live in Wisconsin...well of course I couldn't let him down so I booked the plane tickets and made the reservation!) So that pretty much sums up how great the food is and the innovative cocktails are always amazing! Keep up the GREAT work. We'll be back next week before we leave Bend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish with a twistPDXTravlrVIPDined on 10/1/2013Definitely more on the Spanish side than Mexican. Yes, there are tacos, but we don't come here for those. The star of the menu is the paella. More aggressively seasoned with hot paprika than traditional, but perfectly cooked rice, loads of seafood (we always order the mixta) and for what they charge, an amazing amount of food...we have always taken home leftovers when ordering the large size for two people as it comes with a huge salad as well as grilled bread. The kitchen is very consistent - nice to know when we only travel to Bend a couple times a year, that we can count on the food being excellent each time. Service was friendly and prompt. Very noisy inside and only a couple of seats at the bar. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas are tipsuvmshell51Dined on 7/13/2013We went to Barrio's the other night while visiting Bend for the weekend. A truest enjoyable evening Was had by all. Our server helped to make the evening an enjoyable experience . She was friendly as well as knowledgeable about the menu. She was willing to work with us while attempting to order our 9 Tapas for the 4 of us and brought them one at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went back the next niteJRuff84VIPDined on 6/29/2013I won't bore you with going to in depth... Servers are incredibly nice and thoughtful, however very busy. Both nights we had food that took quite a long time to get to the table however I think it was more the kitchen than the servers, not hot heat window plates... That said its hard to be mad at the kitchen when the food is THAT GOOD and they even without hesitation sent extra unordered specials out to the table to make up for the wait! Might not be the place to go if you're in a hurry but if you're looking to unwind and enjoy some of the best Spanish cuisine not only in bend but anywhere that we've been, this is the spot. If we were staying another night I might be tempted to go a third round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there several times.LouOrCityVIPDined on 5/31/2013We've been there several times. The place has a great feel about it. Lots of buzz with the crowd. The flavors are great. Try several small plates and don't miss the paella. The Barrio Margherita is also great. Wine list compliments the menu and is affordable.Special Features:
- Great food!JimnPaulVIPDined on 5/24/2013We really enjoyed the food, especially the queso appetizer, rib-eye steak with chimichurri, and the paella mixta! The only negative is that the restaurant filled with smoke from the kitchen, so we smelled like greasy smoke the rest of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty paellaChevitaDined on 5/23/2013A good attempt. Paella was too soggy. A young professionals' late dinner scene. The food is better than most places in Bend, but is lacking on multiple levels.
- Excellent food but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2013The restaurant is very crowded with the tables too close together. Additionally, I hate tall tables and chairs. It is not very relaxing or comfortable, and feels like sitting in a child's highchair, not to mention it is very difficult to take someone with a disability to dinner. I don't understand this trend. That said, the food was extremely good. I highly recommend the sampler which had enough food for two good sized dinners or three light meals, and allows exploration of many items. I will definitely be returning but hoping for more comfortable seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Great food, good service, very noisy. Had to keep voices up to hear each other even at table for 4, my voice tired after dinner. Would go back but not on a weekend to see if quieter.Special Features: