47 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barrio47.com/
- Phone: (212) 255-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: from 5pm until late
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm / Sunday Noon - 3:30pm
Happy Hour: M-F 5-7pm (no rsvp accepted for HH)
Bar: until 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Franco Barrio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available, visit our website at www.barrio47.com/menus
- Entertainment: Always good background lounge music!
- Special Events: BRUNCH
A la carte or $39 Unlimited Champagne Cocktails Brunch with 1 Entree.
FEAST FOR THE SENSES
Large format meats roasted to perfection in our wood-burning oven.
From 8 guests, 5 days advanced notice.
SPECIAL EVENTS @ BARRIO 47
We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a cocktail reception and up to 50 guests for a seat-down dinner. Our communal table can be reserved for parties ranging from 8 to 18 guests and our open kitchen dining area can accommodate 30+ guests.
For more info, go to www.barrio47.com
A word from Barrio 47
Barrio 47 is a West Village gem and a destination for foodies! Chef Franco Barrio's creative menu offers a great variety of signatures dishes from Spain, France & Italy, all prepared from the open kitchen's wood-fired brick oven. Diners' Choice Winner for Best Mediterranean Restaurant since 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrio 47 reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (27)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (22)romantic (19)special occasion (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (13)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Outstanding food...vibrantbella25Dined on 4/18/2012Outstanding food...vibrant energy...excellent service what more can you ask for! The moment you step into Barrio you are intrigued by the energy and the European feel. Staff was very friendly and accommodated our changing party size no problem. Had few of the cocas which were delicious, the octopus was also phenomenal and pretty much everything else we tried! The cocktails are great I recommend the sangria it went well with the food and the flan for dessert :)Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHungrychickDined on 4/17/2012A friend of mine lives in the area and suggested we try Barrio 47 for dinner. We loved this place! The atmosphere is wonderful - beautiful interior design, warm lighting, and a great energy. The food was even better and exploded with flavors - my favorites: the tune tartare and octopus- AMAZING! Staff is super friendly too; especially loved the bartenders who made me a drink called El Diablo - it was original and hit the spot! Overall, a great experience, highly recommend this resto.Special Features:
- I went to Barrio 47 for aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2012I went to Barrio 47 for a birthday dinner and overall the experience was great. The food was delicious, the cocktails were interesting and fun and the service was fantastic. The only remotely "bad" thing about our experience was that I had reservation at 9:30 and the table wasn't ready until about 9:50pm. This isn't terrible, but there's no real comfortable place to wait as the entrance where the bar is located is very narrow and there's lots of traffic coming and going. Besides the slight wait for our table though, the experience was wonderful. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- A Fantastic Place to MeetChrisVIPDined on 4/4/2012Met a colleague here for a working supper. I arrived early and was treated very well at the bar until my buddy showed up. The place has a very easy feel about it. I had the chicken and I was very good. My friend had pasta, which he liked very much. All in all I can rcommend Barrio 47 for a really great place to start any evening.Special Features:
- Barrio47- a neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2012Love the place, the owners, the mixologists and the menu. One of my favorite restaurants in the West Village.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, vibrant tilingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/9/2012Great ambiance, vibrant tiling makes the place seem rustic and Latin American, a fairly young scene, great place to take a date. Specialty drinks pretty creative and very tasty. Grilled octopus was great, but flatbread was surprising cool despite the huge oven. The baby back ribs were a little one-note, but the pasta w/ cheese and brussel sprouts was a huge hit. Coconut creme brulee hit the spot. Our waitress was super pretty and very nice.Special Features:
- What a cozy spot! I lovedheathmyVIPDined on 3/6/2012What a cozy spot! I loved being able to peer into the pint-sized kitchen and see my entree being prepared. Dinner was really outstanding, and the glass serving dishes for pasta are really cool and clever.Special Features:
- Great location, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012Great location, excellent service- nice casual spot to get together with friends.
- Friendliest Place in the VillageEatOutOftenVIPDined on 2/13/2012This was our third meal at Barrio 47. Our food has been terrific each time, and the service is incredibly warm and friendly, no matter who has waited on us. We'll return often.Special Features:
- The restaurant was not crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/12/2012The restaurant was not crowded but the cook seemed overwhelmed. We received our appetizers in a reasonable amount of time, finished them, and the plates were cleared. It was at least 30 minutes, if not 45, before the main courses arrived. I had requested my hanger steak medium rare; there were 2 pieces of meat on the plate, the smaller was beyond well done (tough, stringy) and the larger was well done. When we were halfway done with the main courses, the waiter brought us a complimentary glass of wine to apologize for the delay, but that gesture would have been more appreciated earlier.
- Everything was great. LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Everything was great. Loved the food, the owner and staff were so helpful and friendly. Would go back in a second and have already told a few friends.Special Features:
- Great food, service & setting,JmmNycVIPDined on 2/11/2012Great food, service & setting, however, need to tamper down the music in the back dining area - required shouting levels to converse.Special Features:
- We went here for my girlfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2012We went here for my girlfriend's birthday, and we were really impressed! Excellent food made in a giant brick oven, knowledgeable staff who really worked hard to make the meal great, and a great decor that mixed modern and traditional elements. I'd definitely go again!Special Features:
- limited menu and seating -OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/10/2012limited menu and seating - but very friendly service
- Food was good, but overpriced.aj454VIPDined on 2/4/2012Food was good, but overpriced. The flatbread pizzas were the best thing we had, as was the hangar steak. The drinks were REALLY good. Most of the tables are communal, and they jam the seats in around the tables, meaning you are kind of sitting on top of other diners. Some people might not mind this, but I really hate being so close to other diners.Special Features:
- Great new find!CNYCVIPDined on 2/4/2012Recently opened; very glad we tried it. Interesting menu options. The octopus was yummy!Special Features:
- Barrio 47 was able to accomodateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012Barrio 47 was able to accomodate a pretty large group on incredibly short notice. They created a prix fixe menu the day of and everything was delicious. The service was excellent and they continually checked on us throughout the evening, ensuring both wine and water glasses were full. Overall a great find that I would absolutely recommend.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2012Great food, great presentation, great ambience. Go!Special Features:
- Tasty food, creative cocktails,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2012Tasty food, creative cocktails, and great service.Special Features:
- Food was reasonable but aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2012Food was reasonable but a bit overpriced. Service was friendly and attentive.
- Love what they are tryingBrunchPleaseVIPDined on 1/20/2012Love what they are trying to do with that oven. Great tastes. A bit pric-y, maybe not the best place for a romantic dinner, but def a nice place to take someone who appreciates a different experienceSpecial Features:
- This was our second meal atEatOutOftenVIPDined on 1/18/2012This was our second meal at Barrio 47. The food is very good, and the service has been terrific on both our visits. We wish the menu were more extensive, but there's certainly no problem in finding satisfying options. Barrio 47 is now at the top of our list of West Village restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindEatOutOftenVIPDined on 1/4/2012We finally got around to trying Barrio 47 and were delighted. The restaurant is long and narrow, with high tables packed in pretty closely, but is actually much more comfortable than it would seem. We really enjoyed out food; the grilled octopus starter and the Mayan shrimp were terrific. And the service was attentive and warm, among the best we've had in NYC. We will return often.Special Features:
- It was my 4th time in lessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011It was my 4th time in less a month in Barrio 47, as I really love this place, the food and the staff (mostly French) is also great. That's why I chose Barrio 47 to organize our NY's eve dinner, with my close friends. IT was outstanding:excellent food, atmosphere, the staff was super kind and let us take our time to have dinner, chat and relax before celebrating 2012. No prefix menu either. When came midnight, they gave hats and cotillons to everyone and we started to improvise and dance between the tables. It was my best NY's eve in NY since I'm living here (4 years)...Thanks Alex, Romain and Florian...!! Bonne annee 2012...I definitely recommend Barrio 47...Special Features:
- Great find on Open TableTMFfromRaleighVIPDined on 12/31/2011Went to Barrio 47 at 5:30 PM on New Year's Eve. I was first customer of the evening and they weren't quite up and running yet. They were very apologetic. Thoroughly enjoyed the mushroom bisque and coal-fired hanger steak, creme brule trio as well as the Rioja wine. Based on the set up of the dining room, I imagine it can get a bit noisy when it gets crowded.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a tryJamesFDined on 12/22/2011Fabulous design. These guys are serious about both the food and drinks. Interesting place in a quiet corner of the W Village near Jane St. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Last impressions count.WanderSteveVIPDined on 12/17/2011We had an absolutely fantastic time, right up until the desert. The chocolate lava cake didn't resemble any kind of gooey volcano at all, sadly. Otherwise, everything else was flawless, which made the dry desert all that much more obvious and disappointing.Special Features: