47 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barrio47.com/
- Phone: 2122553900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday to Friday from 4pm / Saturday & Sunday from 5pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3:30pm / Sunday Noon - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Franco Barrio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available, visit our website at www.barrio47.com/menus
- Entertainment: Background lounge music
- Special Events: BRUNCH
A la carte or $35 Unlimited Champagne Cocktails Brunch with 1 Entree.
FEAST FOR THE SENSES
Large format meats roasted to perfection in our wood-burning oven.
From 8 guests, 5 days advanced notice.
SPECIAL EVENTS @ BARRIO 47
We can accommodate up to 75 guests for a cocktail reception and up to 50 guests for a seat-down dinner. Our communal table can be reserved for parties ranging from 8 to 18 guests and our open kitchen dining area can accommodate 30+ guests.
For more info, go to www.barrio47.com
A word from Barrio 47
Barrio 47 is a West Village gem and a destination for foodies! Chef Franco Barrio's menu offers a great variety of signatures dishes from Spain, France & Italy, all prepared from the back dining room's open kitchen and wood-fired brick oven. Diner's Choice Winner for Best Mediterranean Restaurant in Manhattan since 2011!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrio 47 reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (22)hot spot (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Cute Place, good food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This little place is really charming. I had dinner with my wife last night. All so delicious. The albondigas were really tasty and the burata was definitely top quality. For the main course my wife took the organic chicken and she loved it. It was cooked and seasoned very well. Definitely not dry. I had a hanger steak cooked perfectly. The cocktails are nice, interesting and different, my favorite one was the Tamarind Dark & Stormy and my lovely was addicted to the Sangria. The staff is professional & kind. Our waiter give us a shot when we asked for the check and to us it's the little things that make me love this place even more. I will recommend Barrio47 to all my friends. It's a really nice experience, I will go back soon!Special Features:
- Food - not consistent- overall goodSariDined on 8/29/2014I believe this place is a little to expensive for what it is because food isn't constantly good. The place is clean and has good ambience. Margaritas are good. Sangria wasn't good The raviolis are pretty bad. Paella, the tartar and the molten dessert are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/28/2014Barrio 47 has never failed to deliver great, and interesting, food with excellent service. The Wine list provides very nice and affordable wines from all over the world. I will continue to go back, time and again. I've recommended Barrio 47 to all of my friends.Special Features:
- Good Job Barrio 47!ClAireDined on 8/26/2014Loved my food and wine and the service was great. They even offered us a round of delicious shots after dinner! I thoroughly recommend this charming atmospheric restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KTLPNYCDined on 8/23/2014I came to Barrio 47 for brunch on Saturday with my boyfriend and we had the best time ever! I find that most places in the city have either great drinks and so so food for brunch or vice versa, but Barrio has both amazing food and delicious drinks. I had the Lobster Cakes Benedict which was to die for and my boyfriend had the Shaksuka which was delicious and sometimes hard to find in the city. The bartender was so sweet and she really took great care of us. We will definitely be back with some friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a must! Thank you guys!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/20/2014I have come to Barrio several times for dinner. Staff is very attentive and you can really trust their recommendations about food&wine. Food is delicious and cocktails very original. Highly Recomended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun tasty place!RicharfVIPDined on 8/16/2014We came here for brunch on a Saturday. Made reservations for 330pm. After about 15 minutes I got a call saying that the kitchen closed at 330 and to please come earlier to ensure enough time to order. I appreciated the heads up. We arrived around 3 and were seated quickly. Very cute place, great ambience. Our server was cute, funny, and very personable. My date and I loved her company. The food was great also. My bourbon bloody mary was delicious. All in all a great experience, lots of fun staff, great food, really good bloody marys. We will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and cocktailsnadiak8Dined on 8/15/2014Barrio 47 was a wonderful dining experience. From the laid back, very European atmosphere to the outstanding service! The food was out of this world, especially the black sea bass tacos, the hangar steak, the seafood fettucine, truffle dusted french fries and my personal favorite, the lobster paella. The Côtes du Rhône red wine we had was delicious while the unique, fruity cocktails were divine, not too sweet. We went with a party of 6. We were seated right away and the service was fast and impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant for groups or couple dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute design, decent foodTantanbourineDined on 8/14/2014Very cute little spot. We were offered the happy hour menu and were happy with the selections. The food varied from delicious to just fine, but the pricing was decent, although the portions were very, very small - skip the tacos, the lobster burger was great, but we wanted more! Server was nice, however the hostess sat outside on a bench which seemed strange.Special Features:
- Accommodating for a growing groupmamatolittleEDined on 8/9/2014Thanks to the wonderful staff here, Matthew and Claudia G. for enabling us to have a wonderful dinner with 28 people for my sisters' Bachelorette party! The food and ambiance was wonderful for a group dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceAnonymousDined on 8/8/2014The food is tasty and prepared nicely and I enjoyed the wine although the selection of wines by the bottle was a bit limited. My only issue was that the wait person could've provided better service by telling me and my friend about our cheese selection.Special Features:
- Excellent Spot For Dinner ..ase1707VIPDined on 8/5/2014Barrio 47 is one of the most enjoyable spots to have dinner in the West Village. This cute restaurant serves an amazing "lobster paella" in an iron skillet, and that dish alone makes it worth going there. In addition the service is attentive and professional and the other dishes on the menu are fresh, creative and delicious. I will certainly return to this wonderful small place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch spot!TNYCDined on 8/3/2014Visited Barrio 47 for sudsy brunch with my girlfriend and my mother. We arrived at 1 and the restaurant was busy, but not crowded. We were offered our choice of tables, which is always nice. The brunch menu was large and varied. We had the lobster cakes and the merguez hash, and both were fantastic! Their house cocktails are also interesting and tasty. I would definitely come back to try their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/30/2014"I truly enjoyed dinner here on Saturday night. It was a rather quiet night, with only a few tables occupied by other hungry patrons. Service was great as our server recommended a few options to us. Dinner was delicious. I will gladly go back."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but ExpensivetjthecatDined on 7/28/2014We had a good time after a slight seating mishap. I thought the food was very good although a tad bit salty -- over seasoned. A little on the pricey side for what we ordered but some place I would go back to again for a good, well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ambienceCrispyBitsDined on 7/26/2014Interesting small to meduim size spot, with great cocktails. There is a giant brick oven that certainly helps make wonderful food but you might want to be wary of proximity on warmer days as it does radiate heat. Food was terrific, they ran out of lobsters for signature Lobster Paella so offered to substitute scallops which worked fantastically as well. It's served in appropriately in a cast iron plate, would have liked a bit more crispyness around the edges. All around worthwhile stop for dinner or just drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceEtiPDined on 7/23/2014The food was great but the service was amazing! We had a group dinner with over 20 people. Even though we had a few stragglers show up towards the middle of dinner the wait staff picked them up in stride and got their food out with everyone else. The waiters were super friendly and accommodating. The vibe is perfect for either group gatherings with friends or a date. It's a great neighborhood gem. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Tapas in West VillageCMUmomDined on 7/18/2014The staff was. Accommodating regarding our late arrival, 8:45p on a Friday night, and many table open thru the evening, in this narrow restaurant with open kitchen. Sadly they were out of lobster appetizer, and the tiger shrimp ceviche which came with very browned and non crisp potato chips was an acceptable, but not a wow fill in. The barrio salad was delish, as was the ricotta/truffle entree. The service was attentive. The Jade cocktail quite refreshing with a terrific cucumber/mint flavor and just a tad too much sweetness for my palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but niceJLRangerDined on 6/20/2014Took customers there last week and was pleasantly surprised. Good food, great service and even saw a couple of celebrities there.Special Features:
- Best Lobster Paella In NYCase1707VIPDined on 6/11/2014Barrio 47 serves excellent food in a nice setting. The food is dependable and it is a bargain. The service could not be any better or more professional; and every time my wife and I have dinner at Barrio 47 we leave with the idea that we would like to return soon. Barrio 47 is a fun and enjoyable place to dine with wonderful food and excellent service. Make sure to try the lobster paella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/11/2014Second visit for the summer menu, the octopus was delicious, salmon tartare super fresh. For main course scallops dish is my favorite. Excellent service and trendy ambiance, love this place!Special Features:
- excellent food, loud placerbbb3Dined on 6/5/2014The food was excellent - the Burrata melted in your mouth and the grilled octopus was delectable. The hanger steak was great as was the paella but very small portion, especially for the price (the paella).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group, great foodWorkdinnerVIPDined on 6/1/2014We had a group of 28 people for dinner on a Sunday night at Barrio 47. At first glance, the restaurant is not that big, but the back table can accommodate 20 people with a side table that offers more. The prix fixe menu is fantastic and made it incredibly easy for the large group. Most notable item, hands down, were the black sea bass tacos. They were absolutely delicious and a crowd favorite. The service was great- my water glass was constantly refilled and Chloe did a superb job of handling such a raucous crowd. Hidden gem in the West Village.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usual :)PalmReaderDined on 6/1/2014I ve been coming to Barrio 47 since the opening, and i must say that it gets better every time, from the quality of the food to the greatness of their cocktails, Adrien is a fantastic bartender. Overall Barrio 47 has been consistent from the beginning, If your looking for great food, cocktails and ambiance, well stop searching, Barrio 47 has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, tasty mealsTommyGDined on 5/25/2014The food was prepared in the open kitchen. All the ingredients looked fresh and they didn't have things over prepared ahead of time--it was all fresh. The taste, flavor, and combination of the food was great. We have brunch there but I think it would also be great for dinner.Special Features:
- Barrio 47 Nailed It AgainDavidIVIPDined on 5/20/2014Once again, my meal at Barrio 47 did not disappoint. Amazing food, excellent service and great atmosphere. Looking forward to going back there to watch some World Cup games next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Spot!mapi480Dined on 5/18/2014My husband and I decided on Barrio 47 for brunch on Sunday May 18th. The brunch special comes with an entree and 3 drinks and it was well worth it. The eggs benedict with salmon was delicious and my husband found his burger very good. We sat at the window by the entrance and loved this spot because though we were right at the window, we had a private table to chat without anyone sitting next to us. The back part of the restaurants looks cozy and fun for a group gathering. A very good experience. The staff was friendly but were not coming by too often which is perfect and they were attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014The space is not fancy, but the welcome is warm and the food is reasonable and tasty.Special Features:
- Amazing Dinner!JMartDined on 5/16/2014I had dinner at Barrio 47 on Friday night. Our reservation was at 7pm for 5 people. Last minute 2 other guests ended up joining us. Although the seating is limited in this charming place, the staff accommodated us immediately without hesitation. We ordered the albondigas, tartar, and croquettes. All outstanding! It was also fun watching the chef in action. The service was impeccable and drinks were to die for. Overall had a fantastic family dinner. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PlaceHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Once again, a real treat to experience a warm , inviting and delicious neighborhood gem. Our family thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Barrio for Mothers Day. Barrio is one of my favorite restaurants! I especially love the food, cozy ambience, and the wonderful service. Everyone is so charming at Barrio. They make one feel like family! We started with numerous appetizers -- all delicious!! The cocktails were also superb. Our entrees were exceptional, as always. I have a special place in my heart for Barrio 47! There's nothing finer than a dining experience that delivers consistency time and time again. The staff at Barrio really cares about their clientele's satisfaction and ensures one leaves with a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Everything we ordered was great. Had the Barrio Burger. Have not had a burger in over 2 years. It was outstanding. Service was great. Very attentive. Nice, cozy little spot.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014Great restuarant. Great drinks. Great food. Nelson is a great waiterSpecial Features:
- LuvfoodDined on 5/11/2014They accommodated our large party for Mothers Day. The restaurant is small but has character and unbelievably wonderful, accommodating staff who couldn't do enough to assist us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBenTVIPDined on 5/9/2014Barrio 47 is in our rotation of great neighborhood places. I keep bringing friends here and they all love it. The lobster paella is unreal, topped only by the seasonally available lamb paella. Great wine, great food, great service.Special Features:
- The following 258 reviews are from the Barrio 47 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was a bit salty, but good. Service was a bit weird...dude was distracted, but we were in no rush. Cute date place!Special Features:
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014After reading some of the reviews, I was concerned. However, this place did a great job at getting us seated early, despite an 8PM Saturday reservation. By 9, the place was full but it didn't effect the food or service. I really enjoyed the octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!cbweaver88Dined on 5/2/2014Found this great little restraurant and cocktail bar just walking in the area. Lobster Taco's are the way to go for an appetizer, for an entree I was suggested the hanger steak which was cooked perfect. Overall a great little find with a relaxed intimate feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDavidIVIPDined on 4/29/2014Once again the folks at Barrio 47 nailed it. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014WOW!!!! We booked this as an "easy" go to place to meet a friend, and we were blown away by the hospitality, quality of food and impeccable service!! Starting with amazing fresh mixed cocktails at the bar, we were surprised how small this place was. Our seats, opposite the kitchen were perfect. The small kitchen was run perfectly, and unlike many other places, even sitting opposite the kitchen, we couldn't smell any food smells! THAT is an efficient kitchen! Our waitress was adorable, and so nice, we'd return just to see her again! the host was very accommodating, and although it is a bit cramped, you never feel squashed or rushed. The food was outstanding. the sea bass tacos, the croquettes, the lobster ravioli, the scallops, the salmon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch Spot!Fishfood4Dined on 4/19/2014We went to Barrio 47 for brunch and it was great. The service was good. We enjoyed all of our food, especially the french toast and the fish tacos. We'd definitely go again.Special Features: