Barrington Country Bistro
718 West Northwest Highway
Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Barrington Country Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barringtonbistro.com/
- Phone: 8478421300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary French / American
- Executive Chef: Luis Quiroz, Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: parties and events from 20 to 80 customized to suit the occasion, the mood and the season
- Private Party Facilities: chic decor, spirited cuisine and radiant hospitality set the stage for memorable entertaining
- Private Party Contact: Freddy or Mark 8478421300
A word from Barrington Country Bistro
barrington country bistro is the new bistronomy -- bistro cuisine interpreted for today's gastronome | casual and chic, seasonal eclectic innovations and spirited bistro favorites bring our perpetually evolving menus to life | our menus are updated daily online at barringtonbistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Barrington Country Bistro - Best Restaurants in Barrington ›
Barrington Country Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (33)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Perfect for special occasionsMitchVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wouldn't dream of having a romantic wedding anniversary dinner anywhere else. Fortunate that it was Duck Night.Special Features:
- HeyHeyDined on 8/23/2014ALWAYS WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE-GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrington Country BistroJohnnyKDined on 8/9/2014Even though many privately owned restaurants have closed-up in the last few years, The Barrington Country Bistro continues to prosper. The reason that it is still in business is obvious: the food is outstanding, the service is great and the ambience is wonderful. It is a real gem of a restaurant. It is a little pricey, but it is money well spent and a real good value for the money. We will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!MLoBueVIPDined on 8/8/2014Read great review on this place and they were all true. Food was absolutely delicious and service was attentive, but not intrusive. Especially loved the Duck Breast, and the pate and cheese plate with all the accompaniments. salads were fresh and delightful too.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal and serviceConeygreeDined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious and well cooked, waitress was perfect. Would highly recommend. The only downside was the snooty lady who answered the phone when I rang to apologize for being a little late. She set a bad tone but fortunately all the other staff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014What an unbelievable night at this restaurant. My party was celebrating a 40th birthday, everything was perfect. Starting with the wine , appetizers , diner and lastly desert. Service was impeccable. Thank you barrington country bistro for making this a celebration to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeKDBalVIPDined on 7/30/2014Definitely enjoyed dining here. The food was delicious and the service great! The halibut was an exceptional entree.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. I would go again and will continue to recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The Dusty Rose cocktail was pretty and delicious. Must like the taste of gin. The food was delicious as usual. The service was good as expected. Sat outside and was pleased with the outdoor seating area. Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014First time. Chose for an occasion based on reviews. Not up to expectations . . . Ambience - country bistros are typically intimate, atmospheric places; this is a big open sea of white table cloths in formal, almost institutional, white room. With well-to-do much older crowd, felt more like the dining hall of a retirement community in Boca. Service - knowledgeable, professional, efficient and unobtrusive; but stiff and cool. Food - very uneven. Hard tasteless bread, nice tapenade; great carpaccio, horrible lamb dish, overdone pork; die-for chocolate cake, bland but "technical" apple tart. Noise -contrary to other reviews, not an issue despite full-house; tables far enough apart to hear companions but not clearly overhear other tables.
- ExceptionalJimschoicesDined on 7/18/2014The food, the service, the ambience, my wife is recovering from surgery, the first place she wanted to go for lunch !!!!!!!!!!! They never disappoint, a great wine list and service that always seem to have impeccable timing . After many times it is still fresh with an ever changing menu !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, menu has been expanded and improved. Only dislike was the seating of a chatty group of women, using cell phones as well, next to our table, when most of the restaurant was empty for their late lunch reservation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for that special dateMitchVIPDined on 7/12/2014Whenever my wife and I want to celebrate a special occasion, treat visitors, or just have a romantic dinner this is our choice.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!SuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food and service are always outstanding!! I always have a tough time deciding what to have, and the waitstaff is always well informed to help.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotLovegreatfoodand2havefunDined on 7/11/2014Excellent lunch that was not too light or heavy. I had the whitefish and it was excellently prepared & presented. I love it when you can taste various ingredients - and they all taste great - rather than feel you're eating a combo of items that tastes like a combo of items with no particular taste! Very good service and we were able to sit outside on a beautiful day without being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundtconnDined on 7/10/2014The Bistro always has excellent service! The food is always delicious. Can not say enough about this superb BistroSpecial Features:
- FabulousRogerDined on 7/5/2014This was my second time here. We were celebrating my wife's birthday. Two people in our party had food allergies, a fact noted in the reservation. Our server was quite aware and mase appropriate suggestions. I ordered the sweetbread appetizer which turned out to be the best I have ever eaten. I expect to enjoy many more fantastic meals here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Fabulous, beautifully presented food…wonderful, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysEmmaPiesMomVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything thing about this place is top notch. The customer service goes above and beyond to the point it was pouring raining and I just was going to make a run for the car when the hostess offered me an umbrella and said I could keep it.Special Features:
- fine dining friendly atmosphereKellyDined on 6/27/2014Barrington Country Bistro is everything you want in a fine dining experience without the pretension and/or overpriced menus of similar establishments. The service you will experience at BCB is second to none. All patrons are treated with the utmost kindness and when we dine there we feel like everyone, from the host/hostess greeting us at the entrance to the waitstaff, is genuinely happy we are there. The owners are on site often and always stop at the tables to say hello and check in on the dining experience. The menu changes often and the food is always fresh, interesting and made in a simple but elegant way, in keeping with French tradition. For me, BCB is an easy choice and one in which I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Best in the Northwest SuburbsSaturdayGourmetVIPDined on 6/21/2014Tough to get to, limited menu, tables too close together, and very pricey. Once you get past the nitpicking, this is the best quality food and service of any restaurant in the northwest suburbs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodoccasionaldinerDined on 6/16/2014Everything plate was made with thought and attention to detail. Full of flavor and a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankee blackhawkyankeeblackhawkDined on 6/16/2014Nothing to add to my comments at this time. This is a restaurant we have been too many times that is well known in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ExperienceRaymoDined on 6/14/2014Wife dined at bistro for first time and were very impressed. A small menu done well. All dishes impeccably prepared and presented. The service timing and friendliness was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were surprised and very pleased. The food was more than we expected. The gazpachos was excellent and wasn't a tomato base. My husband had a steak that was delicious. Our waitress was trying her best - it was her second day on the job. The hostess was very helpful, especially regarding my food allergy. There were several others that had been there before. We will return with friends.Special Features:
- A true delight!NewtoemDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. Our go to place locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014The food and service is always superb. It is our favorite restaurant and never disappoints. Good mix of favorite dishes and seasonal items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!SuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food at the Barrington Country Bistro is always great. We enjoy going for special occasions like our birthdays and anniversary, and any other event we can translate into a special occasion because we love it so much. It never disappoints in food or service. A real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MamaDined on 5/16/2014We were celebrating our kid's anniversary....a good place for a celebration! The food and the service were wonderful.We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad at Prix Fix menuHonestDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Normally, the Barrington Bistro is a good option, especially for special occasions. However, this Mother's Day was the first time we've gone while they had a prix fix menu and the food was not up to par to their typical standards. It was mass produced and spotty. The ravioli was dry. The sauces were sour. It was all quite disappointing. I would never go again for a limited menu like that. They couldn't even accommodate a vegetarian for dinner. They just gave him an appetizer twice and still charged the same prix fix price.Special Features:
- A Barrington TreasurebrngtonfoodfanDined on 5/11/2014We love the Barrington Country Bistro for family occasions. I have taken business clients there for lunch because I know that the quality of service and food will not disappoint. When we are looking for a "nicer" dinner experience, Barrington Country Bistro is on our short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchTomcgarrDined on 5/11/2014Our family had a great experience here, with four different, perfectly prepared meals and excellent service. Everything was very well done and we will definitely return to the BCB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality in an Remote Locationwowie25Dined on 5/7/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great meal priced very reasonably. The food was outstanding - my mouth still waters over the duck. Our waiter was professional and helpful. Their limited beer selection had great choices as I had a La Fin Du Monde from Unibroue brewery out of Quebec, Canada.Special Features:
- The following 254 reviews are from the Barrington Country Bistro reviews archive.
- Bills reviewBillDined on 5/3/2014The food was great but the entrée took a long time to get tot he table. The server was attentive and was knowledgeable about the menu. The noise level was too high but that is probably impossible to change on a night when the restaurant is full as the main dining room is very open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrington bistroTacoDined on 4/26/2014The service was excellent. The food was outstanding. It is one of the best French resturants in the Chicagoland area. We have been here many times and have always had an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French bistro!MCB826VIPDined on 4/26/2014It has been several months since I've dined at this restaurant. In this last visit I was delighted to find that it just keeps getting better and better. ALL the service was terrific: friendly,attentive, informative,helpful and non-intrusive. The 3-course prix fix for less than $30 was a great bargain and delicious. I would recommend the scallops, the potato soup, the filet mignon, the pork tenderloin, the Grand Marnier souffle and the apple tart - but I'm convinced you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Everything was cooked to perfection. We truly enjoyed the experience. Don't hesitate to go there!Special Features:
- Barrington gem always pleasesworldtraveler2014VIPDined on 4/25/2014Have been to the Barrington Bistro many times - always a pleasure. The menu is varied and offers something wonderful for all tastes/appetites. The service/management are always friendly, professional, and welcoming and the staff is well versed in the details of the food offerings and wine and drink menus. The chef specials always offer new and unique presentations and the "regular" menu items never disappoint. Dining experiences at the Bistro rival and have, at times, surpassed many of the finest restaurants in downtown Chicago. It is truly a gem in Barrington and the northwest suburbs. The staff is to be applauded for their consistent and dedicated efforts to provide all customers with an enjoyable and very satisfying dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!!SuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 4/19/2014We always enjoy our visits to the Barrington Country Bistro, and this most recent visit was no exception. The food was absolutely outstanding. The belnd of flavors was exceptional. It was a relativley busy evening, so the energy level was more elevated than on some visits. It was nice to see it energetic like this. Of course we will be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding FindkmpchitownDined on 4/19/2014Food was wonderful. Cheese plate, crab cakes, risotto, roasted Brussels sprouts, etc. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a good French Bistro for suburbCruisingVIPDined on 4/12/2014I went here with another couple on the recommendation of a friend from work. Everyone is super polite and helpful. Here is the highlight. Everyone's food was very good. We enjoyed our entrees, including one of our diners is a vegetarian. They did a great job in accommodating all of our needs. Service was very good. My biggest complaint was actually around the chairs. (I know! when would you ever complain about furniture), but these chairs were simply uncomfortable. I simply wasn't comfortable having a Saturday night dinner for a couple of hours sitting on those chairs. They were hard. I'd try them again, but maybe for lunch. (yes this is the first time I have ever complained about this type of thing).Special Features: