Barrington Country Bistro
718 West Northwest Highway
Barrington, IL 60010Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Barrington Country Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barringtonbistro.com/
- Phone: 8478421300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary French / American
- Executive Chef: Luis Quiroz, Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: parties and events from 20 to 80 customized to suit the occasion, the mood and the season
- Private Party Facilities: chic decor, spirited cuisine and radiant hospitality set the stage for memorable entertaining
- Private Party Contact: Freddy or Mark 8478421300
A word from Barrington Country Bistro
barrington country bistro is the new bistronomy -- bistro cuisine interpreted for today's gastronome | casual and chic, seasonal eclectic innovations and spirited bistro favorites bring our perpetually evolving menus to life | our menus are updated daily online at barringtonbistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Barrington Country Bistro - Best Restaurants in Barrington ›
Barrington Country Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (30)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (7)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- easy elegancekjhcVIPDined on 10/8/2014The Bistro is a great place for a weekday dinner. The menu is simple, but with enough variety. The interior isn't as fine dining as you'd expect for the town, but it is a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing, as usual! Thanks to Adina, for taking great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Food ExperiancejgklVIPDined on 10/4/2014Good Ambiance, wine and food always first rate, very professional service. Been there often and will continue to go. Would have given five stars except for often feel we are being rushed. Not good response when entree ordered after appetizer, pressure to preorder dessert while still on entree. Also, small chairs, kind of like going to a 3rd grade open house.Special Features:
- Local Favorite!NewtoemDined on 10/4/2014A consistently excellent restsurant. Love the food, staff and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so...UniversitymomVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our first dinner at barrington country bistro was better. This time the roast pork was a very small serving and bland, nothing to write home about. The potatoes with it were likewise uninteresting. We had 3 birthdays out of 6 people and they were informed but not so much as a happy birthday much less a dessert with a candle. A disappointing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFinnfanaticVIPDined on 9/26/2014Friendly atmosphere. Efficient wait staff. Innovative menu. Short wine list. Really need a reservation on weekends.Special Features:
- Excellent local restaurauntBearandBunnyDined on 9/18/2014Went to dinner at 6PM with my wife on a Thursday night. A few folks dining when we entered but mostly empty. Nice and quiet. Our waiter was knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. We have had mixed dining events here but this night was excellent. By the time we left about half of the tables were filled. No issues about getting in this night. Too expensive for frequent dining but very nice for special occasions - certainly less expensive than most of the restauraunts in down town Chicago.Special Features:
- MakenzyDined on 9/13/2014Food is delicious and an excellent value. Service is excellent and a well run operation Lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Nice Birthday DinnerdigicoffeeDined on 9/10/2014Took my fiancée here for dinner on her birthday since it was a weeknight and we didn't want to drive to the city. Menu wasn't huge, but food was very good. Service was friendly and attentive. We tried some of their specialty cocktails with our food and some were quite good (Devil's kiss). However, I got one I didn't like so much. The Manager noticed as I was drinking, came over and discussed it with me and made a suggestion and brought me another for no charge. It was very good When I made the reservation I let them know that it was my fiancées birthday. I never mentioned it again but her dessert came out with a candle on it and a "chocolate note". I was impressed and she was happy! That's great service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- ConsistentFoodieDined on 9/9/2014We've been going to Barrington Bistro since they opened. The food is always good & always consistent. The servers are polite & do not rush the meal. Overall a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for special occasionsBirthdayDuoDined on 9/6/2014We picked BCB as a great place to quietly celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary. We had dined at BCB several times in past years, usually on special occasions, and it's always been a positive experience. This time was no exception. We will look forward to another celebration in another year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday must be a Bad NightErichVIPDined on 9/4/2014Have been to Barrington Bistro many times but it seems the service is not what it used to be. Wife and I went on a Thursday evening and restaurant was not crowded when we got there. We placed our order for appetizers, salad, and entree. The bread came out quickly and so did our drinks. Forty five minutes later out came the appetizers, both of which were meant to be serviced cold so there wasn't much cooking involved. We had to wait another 15 minutes for the next course and by now the restaurant was very busy. Finally the entree came (Halibut) and it was ok but a little dry. After 2+ hours we decided to skip desert, paid our bill, and left. I hope this was just a bad night due to staffing, but I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsMitchVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wouldn't dream of having a romantic wedding anniversary dinner anywhere else. Fortunate that it was Duck Night.Special Features:
- HeyHeyDined on 8/23/2014ALWAYS WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE-GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND AMBIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrington Country BistroJohnnyKDined on 8/9/2014Even though many privately owned restaurants have closed-up in the last few years, The Barrington Country Bistro continues to prosper. The reason that it is still in business is obvious: the food is outstanding, the service is great and the ambience is wonderful. It is a real gem of a restaurant. It is a little pricey, but it is money well spent and a real good value for the money. We will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!MLoBueVIPDined on 8/8/2014Read great review on this place and they were all true. Food was absolutely delicious and service was attentive, but not intrusive. Especially loved the Duck Breast, and the pate and cheese plate with all the accompaniments. salads were fresh and delightful too.Special Features:
- Another good lunchmnnwVIPDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed another very nice lunch with interesting menu choices and a good wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal and serviceConeygreeDined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious and well cooked, waitress was perfect. Would highly recommend. The only downside was the snooty lady who answered the phone when I rang to apologize for being a little late. She set a bad tone but fortunately all the other staff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014What an unbelievable night at this restaurant. My party was celebrating a 40th birthday, everything was perfect. Starting with the wine , appetizers , diner and lastly desert. Service was impeccable. Thank you barrington country bistro for making this a celebration to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeKDBalVIPDined on 7/30/2014Definitely enjoyed dining here. The food was delicious and the service great! The halibut was an exceptional entree.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. I would go again and will continue to recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The Dusty Rose cocktail was pretty and delicious. Must like the taste of gin. The food was delicious as usual. The service was good as expected. Sat outside and was pleased with the outdoor seating area. Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014First time. Chose for an occasion based on reviews. Not up to expectations . . . Ambience - country bistros are typically intimate, atmospheric places; this is a big open sea of white table cloths in formal, almost institutional, white room. With well-to-do much older crowd, felt more like the dining hall of a retirement community in Boca. Service - knowledgeable, professional, efficient and unobtrusive; but stiff and cool. Food - very uneven. Hard tasteless bread, nice tapenade; great carpaccio, horrible lamb dish, overdone pork; die-for chocolate cake, bland but "technical" apple tart. Noise -contrary to other reviews, not an issue despite full-house; tables far enough apart to hear companions but not clearly overhear other tables.
- ExceptionalJimschoicesDined on 7/18/2014The food, the service, the ambience, my wife is recovering from surgery, the first place she wanted to go for lunch !!!!!!!!!!! They never disappoint, a great wine list and service that always seem to have impeccable timing . After many times it is still fresh with an ever changing menu !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, menu has been expanded and improved. Only dislike was the seating of a chatty group of women, using cell phones as well, next to our table, when most of the restaurant was empty for their late lunch reservation...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for that special dateMitchVIPDined on 7/12/2014Whenever my wife and I want to celebrate a special occasion, treat visitors, or just have a romantic dinner this is our choice.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!SuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food and service are always outstanding!! I always have a tough time deciding what to have, and the waitstaff is always well informed to help.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotLovegreatfoodand2havefunDined on 7/11/2014Excellent lunch that was not too light or heavy. I had the whitefish and it was excellently prepared & presented. I love it when you can taste various ingredients - and they all taste great - rather than feel you're eating a combo of items that tastes like a combo of items with no particular taste! Very good service and we were able to sit outside on a beautiful day without being rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundtconnDined on 7/10/2014The Bistro always has excellent service! The food is always delicious. Can not say enough about this superb BistroSpecial Features:
- FabulousRogerDined on 7/5/2014This was my second time here. We were celebrating my wife's birthday. Two people in our party had food allergies, a fact noted in the reservation. Our server was quite aware and mase appropriate suggestions. I ordered the sweetbread appetizer which turned out to be the best I have ever eaten. I expect to enjoy many more fantastic meals here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Fabulous, beautifully presented food…wonderful, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysEmmaPiesMomVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything thing about this place is top notch. The customer service goes above and beyond to the point it was pouring raining and I just was going to make a run for the car when the hostess offered me an umbrella and said I could keep it.Special Features:
- fine dining friendly atmosphereKellyDined on 6/27/2014Barrington Country Bistro is everything you want in a fine dining experience without the pretension and/or overpriced menus of similar establishments. The service you will experience at BCB is second to none. All patrons are treated with the utmost kindness and when we dine there we feel like everyone, from the host/hostess greeting us at the entrance to the waitstaff, is genuinely happy we are there. The owners are on site often and always stop at the tables to say hello and check in on the dining experience. The menu changes often and the food is always fresh, interesting and made in a simple but elegant way, in keeping with French tradition. For me, BCB is an easy choice and one in which I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 267 reviews are from the Barrington Country Bistro reviews archive.
- Best in the Northwest SuburbsSaturdayGourmetVIPDined on 6/21/2014Tough to get to, limited menu, tables too close together, and very pricey. Once you get past the nitpicking, this is the best quality food and service of any restaurant in the northwest suburbs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodoccasionaldinerDined on 6/16/2014Everything plate was made with thought and attention to detail. Full of flavor and a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankee blackhawkyankeeblackhawkDined on 6/16/2014Nothing to add to my comments at this time. This is a restaurant we have been too many times that is well known in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ExperienceRaymoDined on 6/14/2014Wife dined at bistro for first time and were very impressed. A small menu done well. All dishes impeccably prepared and presented. The service timing and friendliness was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were surprised and very pleased. The food was more than we expected. The gazpachos was excellent and wasn't a tomato base. My husband had a steak that was delicious. Our waitress was trying her best - it was her second day on the job. The hostess was very helpful, especially regarding my food allergy. There were several others that had been there before. We will return with friends.Special Features:
- A true delight!NewtoemDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. Our go to place locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014The food and service is always superb. It is our favorite restaurant and never disappoints. Good mix of favorite dishes and seasonal items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.