823 Main Street
Martinez, CA 94553Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://barrelagedbar.com/
- Phone: (925) 228-7795
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristin Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, Breakfast for dinner, Brunch, Cocktail Lounge, Dinner House, Game Night
- Special Events: `
A word from Barrel Aged
Please inquire within for large parties and special requests. Visit Barrel Aged in Martinez for some American comfort food and classic hand crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrel Aged reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Will go back!MicluveatsDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. There cocktail menu is long and adventurous. Our drink order took more than 15 min. , however our waitress compt us free champagne and a free dessert to share. The food is decadent and delicious. You can tell the ingredients are fresh. I had the shrimp and grits. It was rich and creamy and the shrimp were cooked perfectly and fresh. The cream brulee dessert is out of this world!!!It was a little pricey for some entrees, but understandable as the ingredients are top quality.We would go back:-)Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Barrel Aged reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining experience!JackDined on 7/16/2014Came in on a Saturday night and enjoyed it so much, we decided to go back the following Wednesday. The cocktails are made with care, the meals are wonderful, and the maple-bacon creme brulee is heaven on earth! We will be back for Tuesday night breakfast-for-dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointingDisappointingDined on 6/18/2014A couple of basic items on the menu were not available...Meat Loaf was one. Also, they were not able to make Bloody Marys! What full bar in the world is out of bloody mary mix!?! Service was slow and not very attentive. We were a group of friends who used to work together who were getting together to have lunch, visit, and catch up. We'll never go to Barrel Aged again.
- Great PlacePwagonDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day Brunch, excellent family outing. Diverse menu for both food and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchImBadnessDined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd year in a row that we went to Barrel Aged for Mother's Day brunch. The staff is VERY gracious, and works hard to make sure that your dining experience is pleasant. The food was delicious, and the drinks were devine. This place is a gem in downtown Martinez.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trivia fun & Good foodmtzmanDined on 4/30/2014we happened to go on a Thursday night and had a blast playing trivia with the crowd. Food was great and we were made to feel right at home.Special Features:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!ImBadnessDined on 4/17/2014We love Barrel Aged! We have gone here for birthdays, Mother's Day and their spirit/beer educations. We have just gone in for drinks and appetizers, as well as, hitting the outside seating after work. If you come to Martinez for a meal, make it Barrel Aged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING drinks, INCREDIBLEYumyumVIPDined on 3/2/2014AMAZING drinks, INCREDIBLE food! Make reservations if you plan on going because it's pretty small inside. Highly recommend! Only issue was the hours are wrong in opentable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!KP28Dined on 2/15/2014The food in this place is simply amazing! Try the blue cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon. The fried double stuffed oreos were also a real treat. The garlic fries are very tasty. I can't say enough great things about the food here. A real hidden gem of a restaurant in Martinez. Thank you to my brother Michael and Clayton for taking me there!! Awesome...Special Features:
- Charming little spotAstuteVIPDined on 2/7/2014Barrel Aged was a very pleasant surprise. It is a charming place on Main Street in Martinez. They had live music on Friday night, and they were lively but you could still talk. The service was very good. The waitress was attentive even though we were waiting for another person. If you go, you must try the fried pickles. The food was delicious, but the pear salad was extremely dry, which didn't work well with the bitter arugula. However, one of the diners with me said it was the best BLT sandwich she'd ever had in her life. (Order it on sourdough!)Special Features:
- We love it here! Have neverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2014We love it here! Have never had a bad meal. Bar drinks are fantastic. A little gem in little old downtown Martinez. Beats heading into Walnut Creek!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinksGreatnessDined on 12/4/2013Came here for an exquisite dinner and cocktails. Got lucky that the owner was bar tending and he guided me through a fine selection of food and cocktails. They have 500 plus liquors, 80 plus beers and a menu of amazing food. I am very excited to come back….again and again Thank you Barrel Aged for giving Martinez another gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrel-Aged in MartinezALHMartinezDined on 10/31/2013Went for my birthday on Halloween and it was a ton of fun! Costumes everywhere and the food and drinks were great. Bartender treated the house to free glasses of champagne after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & ServiceYummynessDined on 10/22/2013Thank you to the staff, bar and kitchen of Barrel Aged for making dinner amazing. Tried a lot of items on the menu and was blown away. True dining in downtown Martinez. Everything from the bar and kitchen tasted FRESH and amazing. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat it all and drink moreJustEatItDined on 10/3/2013Great atmosphere. Wonderful ambience. Fresh foods. Beer list is exceptional. Bartenders rock (and shake and stir!) Amazing Dinner and cocktails. Everybody should try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in a Mtz. food desertlaurenbDined on 9/14/2013Great place for a special dining experience. Food was artfully prepared and full of flavor. Prohibition-era drink menu was so fun. My boyfriend loved the boozy orage cream soda creation. The fried green tomatoes were perfect, just with there were more for the price (I think they used a part of 1 tomato, total). Veal shank was epic falling off the bone. The boyfriend had the meatloaf which he loved (sorta with a spicy kick).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly and professionalButkusVIPDined on 9/13/2013Very friendly and professional service but the kitchen was in disarray resulting in our meals being delivered 90 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Birthday dinnerWinoDinoDined on 8/31/2013My wife and two other couples took me out for my Birthday, and as we all live in Martinez, thought it would be great to go to Barrel Aged. We made a 6:30 reservation and had a nice quiet table in back although it was the Labor Day weekend and the restaurant was not very busy. The cocktails were fun and creative and a great way to start our meal. Our entrees were all cooked to order and delicious--we all had a taste of each others dish. Finally the staff brought out a birthday dessert for me which we all shared. This is sure to be one of our go to places when we want to dine out or entertain friends. Oh, and they have a fantastic bar with a huge list of whiskey to choose from as well as other libations. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the unusual menu offeringsLoisLaneDined on 8/31/2013We were a party of four dining here for the first time. We enjoyed the eclectic menu and had great service. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Just a bar - don't eat here.jimmywesVIPDined on 8/2/2013When you first step through the entrance you notice an odor that smells similar to a nursing home. So we chose to sit outside. The menu is extremely limited - figs wrapped in bacon, green tomato BLT and four basic burgers. Service is extremely slow and the place seems kind of disorganized. I can't believe that this dive is on the OpenTable application. There would never be a time when you would need a reservation to get in. It's just a bar - that's it.
- Great Food, Wait Time LongPaulineVIPDined on 7/27/2013The food was very good! We got a bunch of appetizers, some salads and the burgers. It was all very wonderful and there was a pianist and singer that night which created a great ambiance. The only downside was that it took forever for us to get our food and it didn't even look like the restaurant was super packed. Bummer, because everything else was pretty great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say What?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013Arrived on time for our Open Table reservation but when we checked in they looked at their paper book and mumbled something about "problems with the computer" when it was patently obvious they hadn't even CHECKED their computer for online reservations. Ordered the Bourbon Sweet Tea which sounded great but boy do they mean SWEET tea. It was like drinking pure concentrated glucose with only a hint of bourbon and nary a taste of actual tea. The shrimp and grits were tasty but very tame and when I asked for hot sauce I was given a choice of three bottles. Sadly, the Cholula and Pepperpot were completely empty and when I asked for a bottle with something in it, ANOTHER bottle of Tabasco was slammed down on the table by the waitress. Uneven.Special Features:
- Social spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013My friend and I had not hung out for quite some time and it was the perfect place to get a bite to eat and catch up. I ended up there the next night with a larger group and it was a great place for that too. With several different seating areas, there is a place for all sizes and types of groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken & Waffles!AnushaDined on 7/2/2013We previously had been to this restaurant and had mixed reviews. Their service is so much better now. We went on a Tues. night. The fried chicken breast was to due for! The waffle with bacon was good, but would have been better with the butter on the side. Bottomless mimosas--what more could you ask for. This restaurant is definitely coming into its own and we are happy that they are thriving in MartinezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the reviews that rateBillVIPDined on 6/20/2013I think the reviews that rate this restaurant are the owner and or employees, I don't recommend this restaurant to anyone, I had high hopes, the food and service is not good, I suggest stealing a menu from Mustards and try to copy it and hire Pro's to cook and serve and they might make it!
- Very Slow ServicecaLrufusDined on 6/14/2013I really don't think that it should've taken an hour and a half for my fiance and I to have dinner, especially since our check had two drinks, two entrees, and one dessert. I like not feeling rushed when I go out to eat, but there is a difference between not being rushed and simply taking far too long. The food was good, but not memorable. The drinks were good, but expensive.
- NEVER a disappointmentImBadnessDined on 5/12/2013We have been to Barrel Aged quite a few times (including going to one of their spirit education classes) and have ALWAYS had a great meal and drinks. Mother's day was special there. They had signs on reserved tables with the family name, fresh flowers on the tables and a little sprig for the mothers to keep, a free small bottle of champagne for mothers too! The menu was extensive enough that my picky child found something to eat. The french toast, with corn flake crust, was delish! They were even very sweet to my daughter that had a migrane and brought her some tea to help with the pain (and didn't charge us for it). We LOVE Barrel Aged and plan to go there again and again and again.Special Features:
- A True Gem in Downtown MartinezImBadnessDined on 3/23/2013Barrel Aged is known for their cocktails...heck it is in the name! And this time they didn't disappoint with a great selection of aged drinks, as well as, cocktails for those that like more fruity drinks that are made there before you. The food again, was yummy with the first thing being put in front of you with your water was some warm cornbread muffin. We then had a delicious kale salad and fried green tomatos as an appetizer. Our main course consisted of a barrel aged burger (with carmelized onions and blue cheese) and meatloaf with a bit of a kick! Both were cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor. Overall, the meal was at a good pace, with time to enjoy the live music that was playing and the cocktails that were flowing.Special Features: