Baron's Steaks and Spirits
9650 N Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Baron's Steaks and Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baronssteaksandspirits.com/
- Phone: 8434975200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner; Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Fulton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private party room that can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Shorthouse 8434975200
- Entertainment: TV"s with sports package at the bar and in private room.
A word from Baron's Steaks and Spirits
At Barons Steaks and Spirits you will be able to experience culinary excellence in a casual fun and friendly atmosphere. Come see why Barons Steaks and Spirits is known for the "Best Steaks on the Beach". Our menu consists of only the finest cuts of top grade beef, chicken, pork, and seafood. Great Daily specials and one of the best Happy Hours in town makes Barons the place to be any day of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baron's Steaks and Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)romantic (6)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great dinner!fav4Dined on 9/8/2014We truly enjoyed our visit to Barons. The food was the best we had all week at the beach. We will eat here again next time in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- More than SteakDRJMMDined on 9/5/2014Noted in the area for a great steak, don't forget to check out their specials. Had their stuffed peppers and it was very good. Very helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMagg60Dined on 8/29/20144 years we've been going Barons and they never let us down even during the off season.. Ask for John our favorite waiter he is first class..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFantasticDined on 8/23/2014TJ was an excellent waiter. Food as always was delicious!Special Features:
- An enjoyable timeRobertDined on 8/16/2014Good service and good food from an attentive staff, combined with good friends constitute an enjoyable experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagAverageDined on 8/12/2014Made a reservation on open table only to be told they couldn't take a party of 8, but that they could do 2 tables of 4???? When we talked about going to a nearby restaurant they decided to get creative and put tables together to accommodate us. The food was good, not exceptional, although the calamari was very good. The service was average. Overall, I was not overly impressed.Special Features:
- Great food choicesjpl67Dined on 8/10/2014We visited Baron's on our first night of vacation not knowing the area at all. A great menu, and friendly service in a quaint restaurant. We came away from a great dinner saying nice job Open table for finding us a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great Date PlaceDealersDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful evening here. This is a great place for good food and romance. I wish my steak were a little thicker but the taste of both meals was excellent (ribeye and scallops).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014They put us in a rear room that had a TV with kids shows on. We had three children with us and that environment was great for them. The service was fantastic. Overall the food was good but the steak I had could have been better. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- good...jsilverDined on 7/5/2014Service was good, food was good. Location is just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverjf14scDined on 7/2/2014Brian was an excellent waiter. He made our dining experience a pleasure. We are not from the area and had read about Barons in a top ten article for steak. We weren't disappointed and impressed with the lobster tails as well. Great job and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationerMamabearDined on 6/28/2014Service attentive but not abtrusive....food was really fantastic. Steaks done to perfection. Brûlée was very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...kmarnik47Dined on 6/18/2014The food was decent but the decor is very dated and dark. Service was very slow but very courteous.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Baron's Steaks and Spirits reviews archive.
- DADDYL1VIPDined on 5/5/2014THE FOOD WAS GOOD, NOT GREAT,THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.I WOULD RETURN FOR A CASUAL EVENING,NOT A SPECIAL OCCASION.Special Features:
- A little disappointingelinatorDined on 5/4/2014My husband & I were vacationing in Myrtle Beach & someone had recommended Baron's as having the absolute best steaks in the area. The restaurant is very nice, a quiet atmosphere & very good service, but unfortunately, my food wasn't that great. I ordered a steak & had a small discussion with the server about it being medium or medium well. He assured me that what I had described, should be medium well. When the food arrived, my steak was extremely rare, just sort of charred on the outside. I told the server, he apologized & brought it back to the kitchen. When it was returned to me, my husband had almost finished his dinner & my steak was still very pink inside. I ate what I could, but won't be returning.
- Not worth the moneysammyDined on 5/4/2014Went there on a Tuesday evening, not crowded at all. Was seated promptly. Waiter was very personable. I ordered the Fulton Mountain steak. It was 24.00 and there was probably only 4-5 oz of a 16 oz steak that was actually editable. Not very good at all. Lot of grisel and fat, plus very tough except in the very center. Would not recommend this establishment based on my experience.
- Awesome menu and foodAhutcher69VIPDined on 4/26/2014This was our first visit to Baron's food and spirits. The menu was huge and our entrées were fantastic. We can't wait to come back and try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaronsDarylDined on 4/12/2014Good Food , Good Service , everyone friendly , had never been beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub With Good FoodMontyCapuletti2Dined on 1/31/2014My son and I stopped in Feb 1st(in the dead of off season for Myrtle Beach). It was 7pm and only two other tables were taken in the dining room, that only had about 15 to 20 tables that I could see. Pub decor with lots of Ohio State Buckeyes banners. The food was very good. I had the Fulton Mountain Steak with Asparagus. Steak was cooked as I asked and tasted good but not in the "fit for a Foodie" category. Asparagus was good but only three pieces. My son said the NY Sirloin was good too. He got potatoe wedges on the side. They were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointingDined on 11/9/2013We were expecting a very nice restaurant with great food and were sadly disappointed. There was just a lot of things going on, on the plates. The baked potato felt microwaved and the steaks were burnt. We asked for well done steaks and they can be cooked without being burnt. Wouldn't return here.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!GoodieDined on 10/31/2013Baron's is a very good restaurant and the meals are tasty and presented well! Our waiter was very professional and checked on our every need. I would recommend the prime rib which I ordered to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableHappyCouple34Dined on 10/2/2013First time there and we will go back..excellent service and good quality choices of meals...Family owned and operated..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal! AlthoughPeptoeDined on 9/15/2013We had a wonderful meal! Although this is known as a Steak House the Ahi Tuna and Grouper were excellent! My Porterhouse was perfect-way,way to big, but perfect! We had a lovely Old Vine Zinfandel to wash it down. We will remember Baron's and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2013We eat at Baron's a couple of times a year, but typically order the filet mignon- which is ALWAYS wonderful. Both of us ordered the house special ribeye, which we know typically has much more fat content, but ours was so fatty, we only had about 35% of the steak that was edible. We didn't say anything to the wait staff as we were dining with friends and didn't want to make a fuss. It was bad when both of us got into our car and found out both of us had poor steaks. Granted, I'm sure if we had said something, Baron's would have been more than happy to handle the problem, but since it was our suggestion to meet friends there for dinner, we just didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DUD TAKE OFF OPEN TABLESailorDined on 9/10/2013This had to be the worst place I have been to that is listed on Open Table. More of a sports bar than restaurant, the meat (beef) was too salty and just had a bad texture to it.
- Great SteakeersrooterDined on 8/31/2013Barons is one of the best restaurants in Myrtle Beach for Steaks. I have eaten ther several times and the food has always been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok at best; however,,DebKDined on 8/29/2013Food was ok at best; however,, the beef wellness was prepared as requested. Service was fast......too fast. Definitely felt like we were being rushed although there were very few patrons in the restaurant. I think this is a restaurant that is past it's prime.
- Love this placeMagg60Dined on 8/28/2013Love this place every time in town we stop in for great dinning exp In my top 3 in myrtle beach ask for JOHN set back and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013We were seated immediately, the restaurant was virtually empty. Drinks and apps arrived quickly. Bacon wrapped scallops quite good; calamari average. We often ran dry on drinks. Had to ask for bread, nothing special. Entrees arrived promptly. My ribeye was very undercooked. Mashed red potatoes were watery and rather bland; at this price point I shouldn't have to add seasoning. My kids refused to take more than a few bites of their "squishy" chicken tenders. My wife's streak and my dad's seafood sampler were all average. My dad ordered a side of grilled asparagus, it showed up on our bill it never showed up at our table. Only the creme brulee is made in-house, we passed on dessert. Sadly we would've been better off at a chain steak house.Special Features:
- Barons for steaksBeachbumDined on 8/6/2013Great food- we loved our steaks. Our server was attentive and well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, quaint place, withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2013Small, quaint place, with a big feel! Food is of great quality.Special Features:
- Baron's at Myrtle Beach, SCCopperDined on 7/17/2013Great food, great bottle of wine. Friendly people and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a non chain date nightrieldielDined on 7/3/2013Every year we travel to MB and every year you see chain after chain. It was great to find a local restaurant that took reservations and exceeded expectations. We came for steak and it was cooked perfectly. We had friendly prompt wait staff and just a wonderful date night. It doesn't hurt that the owner is a Buckeye fan, my alma mater, but I'm sure they'd treat even Michigan fans well here. Creme brulle was perfect too, great way to cap the dinner.Special Features:
- Hidden gemJohntdyerDined on 7/2/2013We had originally tried to get in at another restaurant which was on the main strip, but the wait was over and hour and a half. We tried open table and found this gem, and couldn't have been happier! We stayed in Myrtle Beach for a week, and ate out every night, and this was by far the best food we had! I totally recommend the Fenway , it was simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedRaleighcuisinedinerVIPDined on 6/8/2013Outback quality food with a Ruth's Chris' price tag. Average service. Ambience just dimly lit space. Wouldn't go back.
- Delicious dinnersusiemacDined on 5/1/2013What a delightful restaurant this is.......The food was delicious, both the filet and the ribeye were perfectly cooked and fork tender. The mussels appetizer was amazing, large, tender and tasty. Our server was great and they also provided a BD dessert for my husband...........his choice. It was such a nice, quiet atmosphere and the perfect location for a romantic celebration. If we're ever back in MB, Baron's will be at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dinner withMikeODined on 4/13/2013We enjoyed our dinner with some co-workers. We enjoyed the food and the people we were with. We would definately will return if we are in the area.
- Our server was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Our server was outstanding and food was fab! We enjoyed ourself. I recommend the filet and the Tuna!! Would visit again!!
- In Myrtle Beach, this mayCltcompeteDined on 2/1/2013In Myrtle Beach, this may be a locals, low key, nice restuarant. But not that great considering it is at a tourist destination. The service was good, however the waiter did not ask my wife why she only ate a small fraction of her meal, she did not like what she ordered at all. (Crab Cakes) The server was very polite other than that. Food was okay, Steak was okay, not as good though as some of the chain steak houses, so somewhat a let down. If your looking for Ruth Chris or Morton's quality, then don't go here, go to those places. If you want just a decent meal, with little crowd, where you can have a good conversation, go here.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012The food was delicious and the presentation was also great. That was the best steak that I have seen or tasted in Myrtle Beach. Would highly recommend.Special Features: